[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Features you didn't know existed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 527
Thread images: 69

File: why is this a thing.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
why is this a thing.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>GTA SA
>If you drive into enemy gang territory normally, the gang members will pull you out of the car or shoot you
>If you drive into enemy gang territory while doing the Vigilante Side-Missions, they will instead attack the car like this
>CJ doesn't have these attack animations
>They're not used anywhere else in the game

And before anyone asks, being in a cop car alone doesn't trigger it. You have to have Vigilante activated and the NPCs must spawn after you did that. If you activate it while standing next to them, they'll do the normal routine
>>
cool
>>
how am i supposed to talk about features i dont know exist?
>>
nigga you gay
>>
File: 1499035663578.gif (294KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
1499035663578.gif
294KB, 190x190px
>whores pay you if you do the pimping missions
hot cum
>>
>>383713729
This is like that thread of:
>Videogames that you loved but you dont remember anymore, whats yours /v/

But talking on topic, OP shit is pretty cool, i never knew that shit
>>
>>383713729
>>383714059
Yeah, should've called it obscure features or whatever. Oh well.
>>
holy shit, it's so cool knowing that new things are being discovered in GTA games. I remember in vice city when I'd go on my usual rampages a cop car was about to run me over at high speed. When you press left + the jump button, Tommy would do the same dive animation the pedestrians do when you're about to run them over. Unfortunately it's not viable since it's a really slow animation and you'd still get run over. I was surprised when you could rob stores too, just hold a gun to the clerk and money would slowly appear on the counter.
>>
>>383713302
This is actually interesting.

I saw that kicking animation in some promo material before it released but i didn't know it was unique animation that was in the game.
>>
Probably because all gangs use the same AI routines and ballas are behabing the way your vigilante targets would
>>
>>383714213
Fuck I remember finding out about that feature when I was kid completely forgot up until this point.
>>
>if you run around in Diablo 2 your defense is 0, you have to stand still for you defense to take effect
>you can stack stamina potions and thawing potions by drinking them in a row. Every potion extends the duration by 30 seconds
>if you drink thawing potions in diablo 2, you gain 15 cold resistance for 30 seconds
>>
>>383714213
I managed to do that diving animation once, i thought the glitched and the animation triggered on Tommy accidentally because i never saw it again.
>>
>>383713302
I knew if you stayed in an enemy gang for too long they would start being hostile to you but never about the vigilante thing
>>
>>383714502
did not know this... wow i would have bought the shit out of them if i knew u could stack the duration
>>
>>383714213
you can jump out of the way in GTA III as well
>>
File: 1355106977429.png (769KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1355106977429.png
769KB, 1312x1014px
>>383714502
Those last two must have been after 1.10 right? But I literally didn't know about the running and defense thing until over a decade later when I watched someone stream D2 on twitch and I asked why he was on walk mode all the time.
>>
>The Godfather PC/PS3

Using the telephone in a safehouse teleports you to another safehouse you own.

I completed the game 100% twice and another third time any% before I knew this. The game mentions it nowhere
>>
File: 1495164689857.jpg (11KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1495164689857.jpg
11KB, 340x340px
>>383714502
>if you run around in Diablo 2 your defense is 0, you have to stand still for you defense to take effect
>>
You can switch shoulders for aiming in Red Dead Redemption by hitting left or right on the d-pad.
Also, if you go to Thieves Landing and find the warehouse that you sneak into after meeting Irish you can go stand on the glass windows on the roof. If there's a bullet hole in them & you're standing near it the window will eventually shatter under your weight and you'll fall to your death. Not really a feature but I thought it was neat
>>
>>383713302
In Skyrim there's a mountain and you can climb it.
>>
In World of Warcraft, if your character is sitting down and they get attacked, it will always be a critical strike.
>>
File: jak2.jpg (195KB, 630x475px) Image search: [Google]
jak2.jpg
195KB, 630x475px
i didnt know you could shoot while spin jumping until i was like halfway through the game. the game doesnt tell you and im pretty sure the manual doesnt say shit about it either. the game becomes 100000x easier once you find this out to which is why i get the feeling that the people who say this game is hard never figured out this move.
>>
>>383714502
Even better
You can stack thawing potion cold res, so if you're having trouble at Duriel, just stack cold res up to 75% (max) and fight him, he'll do 15% damage on his AoE cold attack. Which turns him from a skelly murdering machine into a meme joke boss.
>>
In Diablo 2, if you have activated your Perfect Gem, you can then go into a specia--
>>
>>383716264
The gem was designed for a chat feature that never got implemented. The gem was just left there.
>>
has anybody found what the gibbering gem did in diablo 2 battle.net's UI?
>>
Putting four controllers into a gamecube and holding Z on all of them at the startup will make a weird sumo sound, never tried it myself.
>>
>>383716387
First time I've heard that one.

Seems like everyone has their idea of what that gem did, but nobody knows it's true purpose.

From my experience, each time I utilized the Perfect Gem Activation, I was able t--
>>
>>383713302
it happens whenever you're on a mission, I think it's just so you don't get pulled out of the car and fail it
there's a mod to enable this in normal game
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=23845
>>
>>383714213
You can also rob clothing stores and the laundromats in GTA IV by holding up your gun to the clerk, shame you can't do this in GTA V and they just cower behind the counter unless you rob a convenience store (which then you still get 2 stars for robbing).
>>
File: jc.jpg (31KB, 382x423px) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
31KB, 382x423px
>mfw realizing getting into a police car in 3D universe GTAs give you 5 rounds of shotgun ammo and a shotgun if you don't have one
>>
It took me fucking years to realize you could actually reply to pedestrians in San Andreas, I thought the tooltip that always popped up at the start only referred to drug dealers
>they make comments on your hairstyle and clothing
>they compliment you if you're driving a nice car
>>
>>383716673
>a weird sumo sound
You mean YOOOOOOO~
>>
>>383714502
>>383715434
You can walk instead of run and not lose any defense or block rate. This is also not obscure.

>>383715524
>switch shoulder camera with left/right

Pretty sure the game explicitly tells you as much. Another probably obvious feature is that all horses effectively have infinite stamina and the horse stamina items (pills, apples) are pointless; once you're at speed you can maintain max speed and regen more stamina than you spend by only pressing the accelerate button once every 3-4 strides instead of mashing it. Sickly horses, super horses, wagons, stagecoaches, works for all of them.
>>
>>383715157
Really? god damn I drove EVERYWHERE lucky the map was small
>>
>>383717596
Also, CJ replies differently depending on if he's wearing cheap or expensive clothing.

You should also try replying with negative responses, especially when CJ is fat.
>>
>>383718168
yeah I got in countless fistfights with random pedestrians since I discovered that
also he makes different comments when being busted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvplFJy7k0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdiQzTj8CJ4
>>
>>383716857
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Another thing I recently found was that you can replay a slight variation of Zero's mission where you blow up the vans with the RC plane after completing his missions. The game never tells you that at all and I don't think it's required for 100%
https://youtu.be/ZLotSjixaRQ?t=32s
>>
>>383716151
>100-75=15
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (90KB, 720x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
90KB, 720x488px
Shift is a context sensitive key in fallout 3-4, it changes to sprint if your weapon is holstered

Holy fuck I can't believe how much time I wasted walking basically everywhere. Hundreds of fuckong hours
>>
>>383718469
What?
>>
>>383717507
oh shit I always wondered where that random shotgun always came from
>>
>>383718428
>Shut up Popo
>..
>Gimme a pizza

gold
>>
>>383718469

What? No it's not.

Fallout 3 didn't have sprinting at all, shift toggled between walking and running.

In Fallout 4 shift always sprints.
>>
>>383718168
THA BACK OF YO NECK LOOK LIKE A PACK A HOTDOGS
>>
>>383717507
Getting into a SWAT van also gives you body armor.
>>
>>383718469
But there was carry weight, and if you were holding your weapon out, you moved a lot slower than with it holstered.
>>
>>383717507
>getting into an aircraft gives you a parachute
>>
In Brain Lord on SNES, wearing heavier armor and weapons actually makes you move slower and makes the puzzle and platforming sections much more difficult.

Literally grew up on this game and beat it 4 times as a kid, never knew until playing through it again recently.
>>
>>383718878
DO YOU SHOWER IN DOO DOO?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGz6U72uZHw
>>
>>383718469
>this nigger actually walked everywhere in fallout
hahahaha you dum dum
>>
In DS2, remember that fat piece of disappointing shit aka the covetus demon?

The vases on the ceiling have hollows in them. If you shot one down, the hollow would be free, and the covetus demon would switch his attention over to him and go eat him.

Also, he has a grab attack. In case your controller gets unplugged and you get hit by it, he swallows you and spits you back out, with your character having EVERYTHING unequipped
>>
>>383717507
The HD universe GTAs have that too
>>
In Resident Evil 4 after your first encounter with the village Chief, if you backtrack into the room you had just left prior to the cutscene, it will trigger a second cutscene in which you see Ada.
>>
File: mafia-the-city-of-lost-heaven-5.jpg (75KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
mafia-the-city-of-lost-heaven-5.jpg
75KB, 640x512px
In original Mafia game during car chases mobs open the windows before they pull out the hand with a gun out of it.

In harbor mission (propably the second when there are fully armed guards everuwhere) there's a wooden warehouse on the right near a seaside with a radio on the 1st floor. You can turn it on and off.

In mission where you have tokill a politician, there will be a guy working near a sewer.
1 If you leave him alone you will spot cops with him after you leave the prison.
2 If you just kill him,after you leave the prison there will be policemans in nearby who will investigate the death.
3 If you kill him and put his body into a sewer you will be free to go with no police

Also I recommend you to visit the petrol station during the first chase misison. It's fun to hear Paul in rush while refueling.
>>
File: RareAttack.gif (3MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
RareAttack.gif
3MB, 512x288px
This attack right here
I'm a bit ashamed to say I have over a thousand hours played in this game and I have seen this all of two times
>>
>>383715157
Fuck, reinstalling
>>
In NIGHTS Into Dreams, flying in a circle around the little angel fuckers lets you pick them up.

If you toss them into enemies they'll fuse with them, and you can interact with them. depending on if you treat them like an asshole or not the music changes, not even just a remix of the current level's music made to sound more dark or happy, actual different songs.
Every stage has 3 songs that can play this way, plus the original level music. There is nothing in the manual about this and it doesn't affect your score or unlock anything. A lot of these songs aren't in the game's sound test.

Of course such a major feature would be just as obtuse and unintelligible as the actual game.
>>
>>383713729
'Didn't' is past-tense, moron.
>>
>>383719506
I saw it once or twice, and I've only beaten that boss once.
>>
>>383719476
Best game

during one of Lucas Bertone's missions, the one where you have to throw the car off the shore, if you return to him on foot, Tommy would berate Lucas for not arranging a ride back.
>>
>>383714213
Sliding over the car bonnets using jump is also possible.
>>
>>383719476
oh boy I just installed Mafia yesterday, I remeber first time I've played it I couldn't believe how good it looked. It's a fucking 2002. game
>>
>>383719892
and any chance someone has draw distance mod? only thing I've found is some russian/ukranian crap that doesn't wok
>>
>>383719987
type 'cumdal' when playing
>>
>>383719476
I've been meaning to play the first Mafia for ages but they took it off of Steam before I could buy it, I tried going through 2 but it felt so unfinished.
>>
>>383720164
It is
https://tcrf.net/Mafia_II

The first one is definitely worth it, pirate it and play it.
>>
>>383720064
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THANKS ANON
how the hell does that work, why wouldn't they just put it in graphic options?
once again thanks, looks amazing now
>>
>>383720328
It's one of the cheats for the game, they were only discovered in 2009.

type 'jizda' when in a convertible
>>
>>383719506
Apparently there are a lot of rare boss attacks in Dark Souls. I was talking about the Moonlight Butterfly fight with a friend of mine and said how I hate that attack where it flies above the bridge and shoots that massive orb that hits a ridiculously large area and my friend was like "What the hell are you talking about man, the Butterfly doesn't have an attack like that". Apparently a lot of people also don't know that Nito is capable of grabbing you if you're standing in front of him.

And as a response to your post: I've never seen the Bed of Chaos do that attack even though I've completed the game five or six times. I wonder if there are any other obscure attacks.
>>
>>383720328
Oh, and it resets after every checkpoint/load game, so remember to type it every time.
>>
>>383715782
I call bullshit!
>>
File: MOM'S GONNA FREAK.jpg (85KB, 954x1300px) Image search: [Google]
MOM'S GONNA FREAK.jpg
85KB, 954x1300px
>>383717727
>mash A until your horse dies, then go find another and do the same thing all the way to the destination even though it involves a lot of walking
>>
>>383719476
how do Slavs with shit budget make gems like this?
>>
>>383719074
I wanna play SA as fat CJ now
>>
>>383720480
i saw both the ones you posted but never saw the bed of chaos one
>>
Did you know that if you install Fallout 4 it's actually a shit game and you should uninstall it?
>>
>>383713302
Huh. I did not know this.
>>
>>383720476
>>383720612
I'll remember it, those cheeky Czechs...
>>
>>383715963
jak 2 has a lot of interesting ways it combines actions. like you can jump, press attack which will hurl him to the ground, then press jump when he hits the ground to to do a high backflip

jak can also trip and fall, i think its completely random because i didnt see any reason the terrain would have caused it. happened once and i thought i was crazy for a while, then it happens two times in a row in a couple minutes later on
>>
holding down space in mountain blade will speed the passage of time without requiring you to move or to rent a room for the night.

I wouldn't say its obscure, but the time I first saw it posted was a fucking eye-opener for half of us in the thread.

The only really obscure thing I have is for a MUD that maybe two people in regular /v/ even know about, let alone play: If you can convince an admin to create a pet for you that's based on one of the base NPCs in the game (I used a rat, but essentially anything that was coded pre 2006 will work) DON'T get sentience for it, this is an overriding program that will block you out from the DANK SHIT.

If you get this thing and its set loyal to you, you now have the same power as a basic-level admin staff. This includes: Teleporting anyone anywhere, looking up the past commands, history and personal files of every character, unlock ANY door as long as the door wasn't locked by someone above base-level admin, which, this includes admin roles used specifically for this task. Bonus: if you're in a position of authority in your city, at least enough to order NPCs loyal to the city, you now have access to creating, customising or editing their appearance, and placing them wherever the fuck you want.
Also: your pet can eat, drink, pick up items and essentially has all the agency of a standard player, this includes JOINING A CITY, ENLISTING AS A SOLDIER, GETTING A BANK ACCOUNT, I assume getting married too, but I never tried it because I would have been instantly busted the moment I did.

I had this in my pocket for five years while I still played and I have no idea how I didn't manage to get caught. I never used it for anything but fucking around with which helped, and I never told anyone. I'm only writing it now because I'm bored.
>>
File: 1497675358152.gif (630KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1497675358152.gif
630KB, 500x378px
In FFXIII if you spin the control stick to make Lightning spin in place or run in a circle she stops herself and looks angrily toward the camera at you. I don't know if all the characters do it.
>>
>>383713302
That's really cool
>>
>>383720635
I stand by it. Go aggro something, and then sit down.
>>
>>383720064
>>383720476
kek 'cum dal' means 'look further' and 'jizda' is 'ride' and I did not know you can use this in game
>>
>>383713302
There's a "luck" stat in gta san andreas, which determines some events, like spawning random crashing planes on hilly areas.
>>
File: 1479885942504.jpg (57KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479885942504.jpg
57KB, 600x444px
>>383713302
why would a black person ever attack a Police car? What racist shit is this?
>>
File: Shadow_Warrior_boxart_2013.jpg (40KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Warrior_boxart_2013.jpg
40KB, 300x424px
Cleaning off blood from your katana restores health.
>>
>>383720686
literally slav magic

same with stalker, spaghetti slav code that just works and there's autistic level of detail like a nip game but without the dumb jap shit
>>
>>383721086
Now try pressing Ctrl and space
>>
>>383721383
>>
File: 1479799362234.jpg (42KB, 750x711px) Image search: [Google]
1479799362234.jpg
42KB, 750x711px
From what I've understood, a lot of people don't know that in Pokemon generations 1-3 you can cut the tall grass in the overworld by using the HM Cut. An even less known fact is that if you cut the really long grass found in the National Park in GSC it first turns into normal tall grass before disappearing completely if you cut it again.
>>
File: ed209.png (1MB, 5120x3840px) Image search: [Google]
ed209.png
1MB, 5120x3840px
two robocops.
>>
>>383721074
>jak can also trip and fall
Seriously? I played so much of that game when I was younger and not once have I seen that. I like these threads. Also didn't know about the OP or insulting the cops after getting busted
>>
>>383721383
>>383721086
>not playing entire map part on speed mode

why
>>
>>383715963
You could shoot after using all your melee moves actually. The punch + shotgun combo was a favourite of mine.

Speaking of underused features, in Jak 3 you could spend whatever orbs you picked up to buy dune buggies and weapon upgrades for Jak. Also if a section ever felt like it was bullshit then you were meant to use your white eco powers there (remember the time stop and bubble shield? Neither did I).
>>
>>383713302
wish they didn't throw out the gang territories after you unlock the next area
>>
>>383721313
Never noticed that even though I'd occasionally do it just because I thought it was cool.
>>
There's always a dildo in the cops bathrooms in accessible police department buildings in the GTA 3 universe.
>>
GTA games are filled with these

I recently played IV. There are some weird features I didn't knew before
>cars can broke down. If it happens, go out and and kick the bonnet, and try to start it again. It usually works
>holding get out from the car button makes Niko turn off the engine first
>Most missions will have different dialogues if you failed it and try again
>Some missions will have their own news on the internet
>You can give money to hobos and street musicians
TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>383721557
The really weird thing about this is that I both refuse to believe it and then had a memory about doing it.

So I'm confused now, I guess I like boys.
>>
>>383721074
The tripping and falling is a failsafe if you make it to a loading zone before the next area has loaded in (or at least this is what I've heard). This is why it takes forever to get back up, the game is literally stalling for time.
>>
In Painkiller, repeatedly shooting corpses with the Painkiller's projectile mode results in them dropping multiple gems that are worth 10 gold each.
>>
>>383721852
That's clever as fuck.
>>
>>383721928
>Painkiller

oh man I remember that game would scare the fuck out of me and my friend.

Loved shooting the stake gun and pinnin' niggas to walls though.
>>
File: 1496251280286.gif (666KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1496251280286.gif
666KB, 500x434px
>>383721852
incredibly cool
>>
>>383713302
nice. so many neat details in that game.
>>
>>383721635
>remember the time stop and bubble shield?
the bubble shield because i would glitch with it to get infinite height and the time stop just because it looked cool.
>>
>>383721086
What MUD?
Also what the fucks a MUD
>>
>>383722030
Painkiller used to spook me as fuck.
>>
You can swat firebombs and shit back at the thrower in Dark Souls 2 with a well timed swing.
>>
>>383721852
Neato
>>
>>383722221
say what?

does weapon type matter? I.E. a sword wouldn't work but a mace would?
>>
>>383722178
Achaea, and its a text-based uh, mmorpg.

Yeah.
>>
>>383722178
Multi user dungeon, like a super old and small MMO
>>
>>383721852
That is honestly one of the most clever ways I've seen a dev handle that issue. It is better than just holding a sign in front of the player saying please hold.
>>
>>383721775
There's a whole scheduled subway system at liberty city. Sometimes I'd launch the game without the HUD and just walk around Liberty City. That shit's got a ton of little details. TECHNOLOGY tier is that you can hear the muffled radio in cars on traffic.
>>
File: image.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
>>383721758
>tfw no dildo in the HD games at all despite 5 being so wacky
You can also only get the vibrator in Bayside in GTA SA.
>>
>>383713302
you can catch your son fapping and your daugther banging with a dude in gta 5
>>
>>383722297
Apparently works with most weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl8CMK5thk
>>
>>383721852
Immersion respek on that

>Get Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
>advertised as having no loading screens ever
>pure seamless skating
>has these super long transitional hallways between areas in the game
>there's clear frame drops while traversing them, even freezes for a little bit
>not able to comfy skate these transition areas, despite them having tons of flat, great grinds, and a good way to get speed from the starting points
>>
>>383722221
Holy shit, how about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zQfildb88w
>>
>>383713302
There is a ton of this in MGS2. One in particular that most probably wouldn't see is the melting ice.
>>
>>383722376
I love trains in video games, and was astonished that IV got this structured subway system where you even need to do transit to ride to different lanes. I was disappointed that V's Metro is so simplistic, but I guess that's how it works in real LA.
>>
>>383721645
After going through San Fierro and Las Venturas, you go back to Los Santos and after a few missions you unlock the gang territories again, but the gang wars are tougher since more enemies spawn per wave and with stronger weapons than at the beginning.

Also, there is a very wierd glitch where if you keep flying in one direction outside of the map for very long (like 30 minutes at least) the game freaks out completely and causes the whole map to have gang territories amongst other random glitches. I've never tried that though, I've just used a mod to do it
>>
>>383722451
GTA 4 and 5 do disappointingly little with engines/settings that could be great, they should just sell devkits or something to other game developers.
>>
Speaking of the original Mafia, there's an autist who's been making a 1:1 model of the fucking Titanic to put into the Mafia engine. From 2002. He's been doing this for a fucking decade.
>>
>>383721804
It's 100% real, I remember doing that to avoid fights when I was low on health as a kid.
>>
>>383722684
but why?
>>
in uncharted 3 when using the donut drake cheat the purple goblin things will never attack you using their crossbows but will instead get close to drake and try to eat him
>>
File: PxBsaP9.jpg (83KB, 311x501px) Image search: [Google]
PxBsaP9.jpg
83KB, 311x501px
>>383722827
Some men are made to go into space, some are meant to explore the depths of the ocean. Others leave their mark in the world with a 1:1 replica of the Titanic in the Mafia engine.
>>
File: winter_hat[1].jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
winter_hat[1].jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>383713302
>in gta 4 your hat and glasses can be knocked off if you are hit hard enough by a car. you cant pick them back up
>in both 4 and 5, the hat is unequipped when in a car
>the motorcycle helmet in 4 does not change your stats at all
>glasses in 5 tint the screen when in first person
>>
>>383722827
Autism. Anyone else would have just slapped that shit into Unreal/Unity with some barebones gameplay and let the ship carry the game.
>>
>>383713302
What the fuck. And I though I've known everything about SA.
>>
Fun fact about pokemon gen 1.
>Everyone knows the mew glitch
>A few people know you can use the Jr. Trainer just to the left of nugget bridge to trigger the start of the glitch instead of the gambler people usually use
>If you use this trainer to start the glitch you can trigger a second mew to appear by doing the usual steps to a trainer in the cerulean gym.

>Also what spawns because of the glitch can change if you've used the Jr.Trainer or the gambler (its been years since I've tested this one so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong)
>>
>>383723124
this guy gets it.

thanks Sam.
>>
>>383719286
Yeah but you never lose your guns in the hd games so it isn't really noticeable
>>
>>383722140
The bubble shield also damaged anything that touched it iirc.
>>
>>383723131
Everyone knows these.
>>
File: 2014-12-14_00040[1].jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-14_00040[1].jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>383713302
>in fallout you can hold the action button to continuously drink water
>>
>>383721775
Those missions usually have Weazel News reports on the radio as well, plus those reports are read out by the same anchor who's always on the real NYC radio news station, 1010 WINS. Also, the news changes dynamically according to the weather
>>
>>383723205
Speaking of Max Payne, you can start a war with the rats.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 766x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 766x413px
>>383722636
>finally get to that mission in V where you can hijack a freight train and actually control how fast it goes
>can never hijack one again after that mission despite the game having the animation and functions programmed in
V really has the worst single player replay value, doesn't help that they lock all the cool interiors like the LifeInvader building and military science base after their missions are over for no fucking reason.

Also fuck Rockstar for patching the North Yankton teleport in multiplayer.
>>
If you switch to master form when you fight Demyx a unique attack animation allows you to jam with him
>>
>>383723438
Oh yeah, in the subway w/ grenades. I remember I did that one time just to see if it was real.
>>
>>383723162
The pokemon that shows up depends on special value of trainer's pokemon
For example Mew has ID of thirty something
>>
>>383721093
I'm pretty sure all the characters do that.
In 12, each character has a unique animation for stopping after they've been running for long enough
>>
>>383723532
I could have sworn that who I used to trigger the glitch changed things. Then again I was an 10 year old with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time to test this out when I tried.
>>
>>383723281
holy shit
>>
>>383722376
I love the overhead rail in IV.
>>
>>383719476
God damn the sequels for this game sucked so much. For some reason they decided to turn the series into more movie-like.
>>
>>383718071
>>383719563

exactly. I was gobsmacked when I saw it on a youtube video
>>
>>383719214
>Easiest boss in the game
>Still add a feature to make him easier
I think covetous demon was made just to farm sunlight medals since he's so close to the sunlight altar.
>>
If you get Cinna's hammer you'll unlock a secret ending in FFIX.
If you cheated and equip steiner with the Tin armor and fought beatrix with it she'll have a different dialogue at the end of the fight.
>>
>>383721775
making a phone call also restarts the engine
>>
>>383723804
First of all what exactly does the hammer change? I had it but never noticed a difference.

Also proof of the Beatrix dialogue?
>>
theres a date mechanic in ff7 that allows you to date literally everyone in the game even barret in gold saucer
>>
>>383723705
I enjoyed playing through 2 and I felt that the potential was there but it wasn't even close to as good as the first game.
>>
File: 1432916275638.png (188KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432916275638.png
188KB, 800x600px
>>383723804
there were a few other items in FFIX that would trigger sequences during the ending.

Something to do with an item you could either synthesize with Hades, or not synthesize with Hades.

And something else...
>>
>>383722672
I loved that glitch. It caused gangs to show up in Fierro. Then you could clear them out and have your homies
Spawn up there as well.
>>
>>383723471
>Also fuck Rockstar for patching the North Yankton teleport in multiplayer.
this made me so mad

north yankton was so comfy
>>
>>383722417
Bayside is the comfiest place.

Also, I though that thing was a special kind of knife.
>>
>>383723728
My theory with this and loads of other bosses is that they once started out as unique enemies like the hydra, parasite wallhugger or the cats in DaS1 but they later turned them into actual bosses, just so they can claim "horee sheet! 30+ bosses!" or something like that.
>>
>>383724140
i thought it was a rock, lol
>>
File: 1484984891884.gif (565KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1484984891884.gif
565KB, 246x205px
>>383723281
WHAT
>>
>>383722672
ah. I never finished the game because I used too many cheats which glitched the Mad Dog mission.

There were a few weird glitches that still creep me out such as the mystery city https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHsQv5KwB4 getting to liberty city https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JUAHyL93k and Heaven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC7HJCmrWz0&t=114s
>>
>>383720480
Not exactly dark souls, but in blooborne, the ghost ladies in the chalice dungeon that turn invisible and run at sanic speed have a slow moving homing projectile
The only time I've ever seen it was when one got stuck on some barrels and started spamming them at me
>>
>>383723281
Getting the winter power armor in Operation Anchorage grants you the permission to wear any and all power armor even if you didn't get the power armor training in the main story yet
>>
>>383723214
You ever played 4?
>>
>>383724156
Probably. The fact that they reuse him as more organic mini-boss in the dlc kinda shows that.
>>
File: 20170211093349_1.jpg (113KB, 555x807px) Image search: [Google]
20170211093349_1.jpg
113KB, 555x807px
Equipping Havel's shield in your right hand and using it will result in activating an unique defense effect.
>>
>>383718168
ya everyone know that.
>>
>>383713302
In gta 4 instead of calling 911 to start ypur broken engine you can just call 5
>>
>>383724245
I'm guessing either cut material or their original prototype that they left for some reason.
>>
>>383723220
yep and gave a push.
>>
>>383723989
I could not personally stand the "more mature" and "movie like" direction of II, you could have drinking game where you count each swear word the dialogue has. While the first game felt like more classy, more intelligent take on mafia.
>>
I didn't know you could backstab in OoT for extra damage
>>
>>383713302
>If you drive into enemy gang territory while doing the Vigilante Side-Missions, they will instead attack the car like this
>They're not used anywhere else in the game

They were supposed to do that when you're in ANY car, but for some reason Rockstar removed it.
>>
>>383722417
isn't bayside where that AI kills himself by walking into the water?
>>
If you have high strength in Dark Souls 2 and equip large weapons in both of your characters hands, and then try to sheathe one of them, it will instead trigger a 'Power Stance', and he will swing both of them in a single attack.
>>
>>383724610
Yeah I can agree with that sentiment. I see it as another "what could have been" sort of deal.
>>
>>383723131
>manhole covers make a sound when you drive over them, but only in a vehicle that's heavy enough
>>
>>383724238
Don't tell me you just stood there taking individual sips of water
haha you dumb
>>
>>383724284
it's been a long time. Am I wrong?
>>
>>383724550
still was spooky because I thought it was some hellish universe for the first one.
There were areas where you could no clip through walls. The player house with the pool in Los Santos at the top of a hill let you jump right into a corner and under the ground.
>>
>>383724870
Partially; you lose your weapons when you're arrested but not when you die; it's pretty relevant because the cops try to arrest you first before killing you in IV
>>
>>383723985
FF10 had that too with Rikku, Lulu, and Yuna. It only changed a few dialogue sequences but I'm glad they acknowledged the player hitting on everyone.
>>
Is there anything like this in recent games?
>>
File: 1474121492971.png (41KB, 206x230px) Image search: [Google]
1474121492971.png
41KB, 206x230px
>>383724245
>tfw would spend the entire day with friends looking around
>we would take turns flying in a specific direction for 15 minutes to reach new areas

good times
>>
>>383722630
same with 3. I found so many I can't remember them all, b ut one was you can capture poisonous frogs and throw them at enemies and they wont alert and get poisoned.
>>
>>383724967
Ah, I rarely ended up getting arrested so that's probably why I didn't remember.
Is it the same in V?
can you even be arrested in V?
>>
>>383725231
of course, as long as you have only one star, they will not shoot you
>>
>>383721775
There's a police station with an Annihilator on top of it in East Holland (northeast Algonquin); the building right next to that is accessible. Go in it and go to the roof. Jump off it and on to the helipad, and you can steal an Annihilator and only get a two star wanted level, which is easily lost. Also,
>the GPS voice itself occasionally voices out "bing bong" instead of the device making the tones
>you can call ZIT at 9485550100 and sauce any of the songs currently playing
>there's an in game website which you can use to find all the weapons, armor, random strangers, and pigeons in the game
>there's another in game website which gives you a 5 star wanted level for accessing it
>one of the girlfriends stalks you and fucks with your cars
>in TLAD, Brian is Billy's lapdog and during bike formations, he always noticeably rubberbands to Billy's side
>>
>>383725593
>Website for 5 star wanted level
That's how I'd always get my FIB Buffalo's.
>>
>>383725147
I did it alone. My brothers never cared to watch so it felt spooky.
>>
>>383724245
This was seriously weird in SA.
>>
>>383725593
>there's another in game website which gives you a 5 star wanted level for accessing it
child pageant website
>>
>>383725839
Yeah. Each world, especially the mystery one, is an empty husk. It's hollow, not fully built and you can see the abyss. There is no music, only the sounds of CJ moving or the Jet Pack or guns.
>>
Threads like these makes me depressed and realize how far Rockstar has fallen. GTA III-IV and everything in between were great games. GTAV was technically impressive in some ways, and technically disappointing others. It just feels like they went a step backwards in terms of attention to detail.

Also GTA Online is cancer and its success has harbingered a grim future.
>>
>>383713302
in fable 2 there's a Reaver mission that if you choose the good path he takes your youth and you became old

when you're figthing enemies sometimes they mock you for being old
>>
>>383722376
Have you tried playing with the HUD off and the GPS on? It kinda makes sense because you can't actually see the GPS from the outside of the cars, and that's where the player's perspective is, but you can hear the voiceover from outside.
>>
When it's raining in SA, be sure to type ICIKPYH, because there will be no sound if you don't.
>>
In old World of Warcraft, it was actually possible to access a zone that isn't mapped out, but have your true location, General, and Local Defense channels read as if you were there.

North along the mountain coast of the Tirisfal Glades, after a long effort of swimming, waterwalking, whatever, you'd eventually stumble upon a few old elven structures, and a boat dock.

This location would read as Quel'Thalas.

Also, Newman's Landing off the coast of Wetlands, would simply not have any location information, or social channels to join.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>
>>383715963
god this company is so fucking great one thing i love about it is that they included multiple languages in the same disk (Spanish and English)
>>
File: 1498004566855.jpg (22KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498004566855.jpg
22KB, 360x360px
>>383722417
Is that SA? I don't remember that place at all.
>>
>>383726794
It's that town north of San fierro, have to take the bridge there, and there's a bridge to las venturas as well
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (226KB, 1280x560px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
226KB, 1280x560px
>>383726794
Bayside, right past the San Fierro bridge
>>
>>383726794
There's nothing to do there, except boat school, and that's too bad, because it's one of the best looking places in the game.
>>
>>383715782
Vanilla fury warriors have known about this forever since so many of their talents relied on you suffering a crit.
>>
>>383726939
>>383726985
wow I thought I had explored every inch of that map. How did I miss that.
>>
>>383722417
isn't that where EZ-E catches immediate AIDS and dies?
>>
File: gallery136[1].jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gallery136[1].jpg
65KB, 800x600px
San Andreas has a bunch of cool looking places almost nobody knows about
>>
File: 1495162929024.jpg (81KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495162929024.jpg
81KB, 300x250px
>in MGS3, guards in the caution phase will take notice of knife marks you made on trees
>if you go through an entire playthrough up to The Sorrow's river dickshotting people, you will get a mass amount of ghosts bleeding from their groins

This last one may be obvious to people who opt for non lethal runs
>enemies can drown if KO'd with their faces in puddles
>>
>>383727213
>tfw spending 30 minutes carefully setting up your bars with /sit macroed versions of attacks for pvp
>>
>>383726237
My only big problems with V were the AI in general, which tended to fuck up a lot of other things and the linearized mission design, everything else I rather liked, especially the OST. The step back in TECHNOLOGY was probably because of the lukewarm reception to IV's comparative realism and because Rockstar had to use everything they had to make the game run on the 360 and the PS3; they probably couldn't fit anymore even if they wanted to. But even with the steps back in some of the smaller TECHNOLOGY bits (V has some that the others don't), over 1,100 real life locations recreated in game is still an impressive feat of TECHNOLOGY on its own; I'm pretty sure there's no other game out there that does something like that
>>
File: gallery179.jpg (110KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gallery179.jpg
110KB, 1366x768px
Hey Holmes, Tsukasa es mi casa.
>>
>>383713302
in GTAV if you shoot a car in the fuel tank it will begin to leak and eventually run out. The fuel gauge reflects this in 1st person mode, naturally tou can shoot the fuel trail you leave behind to start a fire.
>>
>>383718469
You cant be serious
>>
>>383727384
>baking it into macros
>not just pressing x
>>
>>383727660
I have a serious autism problem with WoW addons/UI, I spent hours tweaking and it always just makes it worse.
>>
File: gallery137.jpg (172KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gallery137.jpg
172KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>383727974
Is that Akarin in the distance
>>
>>383727359
>exploding a horde of guards with a barrel doesn't count as a kill
>killing a guard and letting vultures eat him, then eating said vulture results in a Sorrow guard shouting "You ate me!"
>Guards perform first aid on shot limbs and drag away comrades from the line of fire
>Monkey mask makes every cutscene better
Big Boss+Markhor, Euro Extreme, under 3h
>>
File: 5.jpg (260KB, 1083x895px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
260KB, 1083x895px
>>383727505
>>
File: gallery91.jpg (149KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gallery91.jpg
149KB, 1366x768px
>>383728082
Who? I don't see anything.
>>
>>383727519
That comes up in the first shootout with Lamar; also from that mission
>shoot one of the fuel tanks on the upper levels of the house and the wood surrounding it blows up and falls on the enemies right below it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5LpaU-ZyKs&t=6m15s
>if you try to run to the fence and climb it without stopping first, you'll crash into it and Lamar will laugh at you
>some missions with Lamar acknowledge your change in haircut
>>
>>383725593
>>one of the girlfriends stalks you and fucks with your cars
I never bothered with gfs in the game, which one does that?
And what kind of fucking, like blowing the tires or something?
>>
>>383728280
>We will never get a singleplayer DLC with Lamar
>We will never get a singleplayer DLC at all
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
>>
There's a mission early on in GTA 5 when you drive near Grove Street, you'll see a vision of OG's similar to CJ, Sweet, Smoke, and Ryder on bicycles going a different direction than the quest intends.

If you follow them, diverting from the mission at hand, they will eventually get hit at an intersection by a speeding semi-truck and you can get CJ's spraypaint can and outfit at Franklin's safehouse.
>>
File: a44.jpg (34KB, 390x642px) Image search: [Google]
a44.jpg
34KB, 390x642px
>>383727359
>>383728192
>you shoot Ocelot's hat and he gets mad at you
>stunning The Fear with a flashbang makes him lose stamina instead of health when shot with a lethal weapon (AK)
>>
>>383728465
any videos of that? I knew about the bikes but I didn't know about the truck
>>
>>383728293
Kiki Jenkins, the lawyer; she's also a bona fide SJW, go figure. She shows the yandere side when drunk. She doesn't just pop the tires, she tears off the bonnet, the trunk, or one of the doors and sometimes sabotages the engine. Date her enough and you can call her to lose your wanted level. The other girlfriends let you regain health, get clothing discounts, and read a blog about your dates if you date them enough
>>
GTAV made me lose a shitload of faith in Rockstar.
>no SP DLC
>Shark Cards
>no Liberty in Online

RDR2:O confirmed
>>
>>383728712
man I need to replay this game
>>
>Tak and the Great Juju Challenge actually had a 4th upgrade of Lok's hammer.
>for years I just assumed it was unfinished.
>theres actually a sidequest to unlock it.
>but it comes so late in the game its only useful for two levels because the game is unfinished
>>
>>383723471
I was so hype for V because I thought it would be more like SA

>no drivable trains
>barren wilderness
>hardly any food places (or any interiors)
>no robbing houses
>no hydraulics
>no nos
>no minigames (other than the trash gtaIV copy pasted ones)
>no fun

The 3D GTA games were so much better than the HD ones in so many respects, I find there's always something to do in SA, but I get so bored in V
>>
>>383719506
that fireball shit is rare? that was literally the first thing the boss did every time i went left
>>
>>383728549
>Shooting Ocelot (but not killing him) after knocking him out during the Virtuous Mission will result in him wearing a bandage over wherever he was hit during Snake Eater
>>
>>383721775
You change the intensity of your headlights by holding X or Square while in a car
>>
>>383719214
the left thumbstick died on my controller the first time i fought the covetous demon and he did the swallow attack. I was paranoid about that particular move for the next dozen times i fought him before i realized the only reason he managed to hit me with it in the first place was because i was completely immobilized
>>
>>383728280
>shoot one of the fuel tanks on the upper levels of the house and the wood surrounding it blows up and falls on the enemies right below it

and this is like the only place environmental destruction takes place iirc. goddammit rockstar
>>
>>383728790
She also sends you textbook yandere text messages and nudes once she gets really jealous. Also, on an unrelated note, if you look through your emails, you'll find a bunch from Niko's mother back in Serbia which you can respond to. You can call Roman after specific missions and have dialogue with him as well. Also, if you don't know about the friend benefits, they include free taxi rides, helicopter rides, backup henchmen, car bombs, and a mobile gun van among other things
>>
File: Egg_run.gif (409KB, 286x318px) Image search: [Google]
Egg_run.gif
409KB, 286x318px
In Okami when you cast the slowdown mist the lines don't have to be under each other
You can hold right and tap x twice, and it will work 100% of the time

You can bloom multiple trees if you line them up behind each other

Also using specific brush techniques on certain enemies after they die will give you demon fangs, the bestiary tells you which
>>
>>383725231
You can, but they'll take away all your ammo, instead of your guns. (Probably so you would wouldn't have to rebuy the attachments.)
>>
>>383718904
I'm sure getting into an ambulance, at least in GTA IV would heal you slightly.
>>
>all this shit I didn't know about SA

Jesus fuck how deep does this game go
>>
>>383729386
That just reminded me,
>You can call 911 for an ambulance and the paramedics will heal you to full health
>>
>>383728465
Dafuuuuuk
>>
>>383729172
>the emails from his mother
Too sad
>>
If you fly long enough in GTA V, your plane will run out fuel and conk out. It's happened to me only once when I was uncovering the map for about 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure if it's the same with cars
>>
>>383721557
I did it accidentally once in Yellow and thought "Oh, cool" and never saw any use for it after that
>>
File: 879974889.jpg (103KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
879974889.jpg
103KB, 750x750px
in umihara kawase
>octopus ink stuns and sends you in the opposite direction you are facing
>enemies only randomly respawn in specific zones
>if you pause you can control the camera with the dpad
>>
>>383729568
not true
>>
>>383728979
O fuk. Serious?
>>
>>383729459
It's horribly expensive though compared to other healing methods, which was probably intentional
>>
>>383714502
>if you run in diablo

DUDE

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK

WHY DO THEY NOT TELL YOU THISSSSS
>>
>>383729459
For the low price of $1500
>>
Why is Niko called Bellic instead of Belić? It's fucking killing me.
>>
>tfw to this day still cant figure out how to mod SA
I also tried installing Icenhancer on 4 but now the clouds are FUCKED like they look 8 bit and full of little square holes, fuck me nigga.
>>
Reminder than the Things To Do In San Andreas mod got updated recently, now it's very stable, easy to install and compatibly with other mods increased.
>>
>>383729648
Well it happened
>>
>>383729757
What's your problem? I've made mods for SA when I was 9, I even made myself. Just use that program, called IMG something.
>>
>>383728881
>no minigames (other than the trash gtaIV copy pasted ones)
Wut? You had several not available in IV.
>>
>>383723131
>the motorcycle helmet in 4 does not change your stats

I believe this was tested at some point. At least in multiplayer, wearing a helmet that your character puts on after getting on a motorcycle, you can actually take an extra shot to the head. If you are wearing the helmet that is just an option when editing your character, it does not work.
>>
>>383729930
I tried installing a few mods on SA and they never work
>>
>>383729713
>>383729720
It's expensive but it can save your life if you're in the middle of a mission with no way to heal quickly.
>>383729681
Yea. You can also piss him off by shooting an animal behind him during his first fight and his unit will laugh at Snake if he wears the crocodile hat or uses the cardboard box.
>>
>>383729568
That's just what happens when you fly outside the map
>>
>>383729757
>>383730048
get modloader, makes installing mods easy as fuck
>>
>>383729752
It's the anglicized version of his Serbian name. Kinda like how Braun turns into Brown, Meunier into Miller, etc.
>>
>>383718428
Holy shit fat cj is funny
>>
>>383730138
Well i do have a clean install of version 1.1 on disk that I downgraded to 1.0, so Ill try again I want anime girls in my game.
>>
>>383730235
But even Niko and Roman pronounce it wrong, it's dumb.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvT3bra-0H8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mIMogB5GkU
>>
>>383717507
Nowadays it should also give you an Ar15 with 2 or 3 magazines of ammo.
>>
>>383728784
nothing infuriates me more than owning a game that has all these cool fucking rocket cars and ramp buggies and god knows what else locked behind an incredible amount of online currency and only available online

those fucking cunts have lost all respect i had for them over the years
>>
>>383726237
Yep. I've just accepted that we've already gotten the best Rockstar is willing to offer.
>>
>>383729843

This one? I guess not, it says that it's from 2009.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1194
>>
>>383730390
Maybe because they're speaking in English? I know they speak in Serbian a few times but I'm not sure if he or anybody else says his name.
>>
if you shoot enemies in Doom enough they will die
>>
>>383730794
Look in the forum.
>>
>Using the Ped Riot cheat in GTA:SA fucked story missions up for you

I still dont understand how/why that happened
>>
>>383728465
>that kid
Drink bleach.
>>
>>383730796
They do many times, even in first mission when they're speaking Serbian.
>>
twisted metal black when you use a lightning environment attack the radios fuck up in that mall
>>
>>383730796
the only time people actually would change teh pronunciation of their name is like the 1920s where they wanted to assimilate. and sometimes itll get misporonounced if americans cant say it easily, but theres literally no reason anyone should call him by the last name bellik unless they were american and reading it off a piece of paper
>>
>>383728881
>other than the trash gtaIV copy pasted ones
Wrong. They only share the darts minigame. Yoga, tennis, and golf are all exclusive to V and are all shit.
>>
>>383731015
the former part of his post is true, the latter im not sure of
>>
>>383731187
I did yoga a bunch of times because I thought it would make the wife character like me more, same with the psychiatrist. I don't think either of those matter, but at least the psychiatrist is somewhat entertaining.
>>
>>383730947
It's because the riot cheat makes peds run and fight the person nearest to them. Since it also affects mad dogg in that roof mission, he'll instantly go aggro towards one of the peds on the ground and jump off before you can save him.
>>
>>383718428
I love CJ. It's impossible not to like the guy.
>>
>>383731424
Unless you're white.
>>
File: IMG_0865.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>383728549
>you shoot Ocelot's hat and he gets mad at you
THAT WAS MY BEST HAT!
>>
File: GTASA.jpg (198KB, 500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
GTASA.jpg
198KB, 500x1667px
>>383731424
>>383731524
>>
>>383731082
That game was extremely difficult. Not saying I was good at it either
>>
File: 1484161282692.png (2MB, 716x915px) Image search: [Google]
1484161282692.png
2MB, 716x915px
>>383713302
This is actually pretty cool.
>>
>>383731294
The psychiatrist is cool because he serves as a gauge for Michael's mental development throughout the story, plus if you go on a rampage before you go to him he'll know; he'll also know if you haven't killed people or committed crimes as Michael for a while
>>
>>383731756
>that part where Michael almost reaches a breakthrough but gets cut off
What a huge cop out. They could have actual given Michael some depth but I guess that's secondary to all the hilarious satire in the game.
>>
>>383728881
>no minigames
alright, i dont like 5 either, but theres shit like golf tennis, yoga. theres even hunting since gta 5 is the first game with fucking animals, yet they are a waste and i remember hunting sucking
>>
>>383731652
This, basically.
>I'll break yo face foo
>>
File: gta-vc 2017-07-04 00-26-02-37.png (638KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
gta-vc 2017-07-04 00-26-02-37.png
638KB, 1364x768px
better GTA.
>>
>>383731524
I'm white.
>>
File: 1493530711864.png (45KB, 141x146px) Image search: [Google]
1493530711864.png
45KB, 141x146px
>>383731978
>That guy hanging off the meat hook
Never noticed him before
>>
>>383731873
Most of his development happens during the hangouts anyway
>>
you can drive a blown-up car by activating the "blow up all cars" cheat while pulling a driver out then doing the health cheat as soon as you are inside
>>
>>383731756
All I remember is that he came across as pretty dickish and Michael telling him off made me feel good.
>>
>>383728229
step up nigga
>>
Duck game is full of small shit like this.

>If you throw a gun into a fire it will heat up and missfire
>if you pick up a hot gun your duck will get burned and drop it
>you can set on fire a plastic pistol, and then it's projectiles will be also on fire
>you can change the pitch of you quack with the left trigger, this also affects instruments.
>using the good book near a corpse will spawn a grave
>leaving a flower near a corpse and closing it's eyes will play a secret song.
https://youtu.be/lXgSacdxf4s
>>
File: 1423361-gta_iii_bird.png (492KB, 881x675px) Image search: [Google]
1423361-gta_iii_bird.png
492KB, 881x675px
>>383731978
>Tommy Vercetti?! Huh, shit, never thought they'd let him out.

I liked 3 more.
>>
>>383713302
holy shit
>>
>>383732150
He was a dick but Michael himself becomes fairly introspective
>>
>>383731756
The psychiatrist would be cool if he was only that and not KILL THIS GUY. That totally ruined the game.
>>
>>383731654
that game didnt fuck around one bit
>>
>>383732540
GTA 3 had little details like this too. If you collect all the hidden spank packages before you play that mission where the spank addicts try to bomb you, you'll get an alternate mission where you're stuck in the parking lot dodging sniper rounds from the snipers perspective since there's no more spank around for Catalina to create assassins with.
>>
>>383722417
mmm comfy
>>
>>383724282
Kinda cool because you're in a military training simulator, so it makes sense it would train you to use the armor.
>>
>>383732839
What do you mean? You can meet with him 7 times over the course of the game; all but the last one are missable.
>>
In Kingdom Hearts 2, you can actually throw the match against Sietzer. Doing this will give you alternate dialogue in all future cutscenes referencing the tournament.

Additionally, you can earn an AP bonus by raising 2500 munny like Hayner asks you to on the 2nd day as Roxas
>>
>>383724867
Guilty, nigga
>>
>>383733068
The last meeting you have to kill him, because he is LA douchebag (wow, how original for a GTA game). It would be much better if you could visit him many more times, and he was a psychiatrist, without getting out the character.
>>
>>383732918
>ou'll get an alternate mission where you're stuck in the parking lot dodging sniper rounds from the snipers perspective since there's no more spank around for Catalina to create assassins with.
video on this?
>>
>>383731652
Anyone got the GTAV subversion of this pic?
>>
>>383713302
SHOOT THE MOON
>>
>>383713302

https://youtu.be/Bb7ypmx-Zz4
1:52

Also Princess heart and the Alien ending are canon
>>
>>383733342
I haven't played V in years, but don't you get an option to let him go?
>>
In splatoon you play as squids that can turn into kids and not vice versa as squids are part of the cephalopod family that evolves in a different manner compared to all animals on earth enabling them to adapt to all kinds of situations avoiding natural selection altogheter thus enabling a water species to start walking on earth and dominate it in the case of a human apocalypse.
>>
>>383713302
I really wish cops were allowed to shoot motherfuckers who routinely do this shit in real life. Antifa need to be gunned down.
>>
>>383715963
That has happened to me too.
Holy shit, this reminded me of something.

Jak 2, I found a cop motorcycle, and standed next to it. The cops nearby said "get away from the vehicle" and looked at me.
I had never heard that line before, and I just kept standing there.
Then they shot me! I had full health, but I just felt to the ground, I respawned to the same location and the vehicle was gone.
I swear, I'm not shitting, I never was able to recreate this.
It happened very close the sewer level.
>>
>>383718428
LOL I'm glad it's still installed.
>>
>>383732918
bullshit
>>
>>383732918
proof? the mission is kingdom come but i dont think there is anything like this since the rest of the packages are on shoreside
>>
>>383715157
Link for video? Can't find anything
>>
>>383718428
Just noticed these vids are unlisted, are these your videos anon?
>>
>>383721557

Yeah, I remember doing that in Sapphire near Route 120 just so I could see the dudes in the tall grass.

It's pretty useless outside of that though.
>>
>>383733342
You can spare him, and if we're going to be pedantic, GTA has technically never done a parody of a psychiatrist before, so it is fairly original
>>
>>383733493
Yes, you do, but that's not the point. Couldn't they make a character that would be an observer? (like every other Rockstar game, main character had that part) It was fun going to him in the game, but at the end he always mentioned money, totally missing the point of the whole thing (maybe the creators wanted this, but then it would have to be more intelligently implemented).
>>
In Mass Effect, you can just snitch on the Hanar who wants you to smuggle shit out of Noveria and get the garage pass instead of going around the entire place doing quests.
>>
>>383733898
Franklin is the observer
>>
>>383723281

>Common sense 101 (if it never occured to you in the first place)

Although, i found out about this meme'n out with the controller
>>
>>383733712
the payphone missions are optional, you can unlock shoreside vale before you complete it

but that guys claim is bullshit
>>
File: 1494543609280.png (199KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1494543609280.png
199KB, 393x393px
I'm ashamed to say it took me over a hundred hour in EYE to discover you could parry with a gun just like with a sword, all you have to do is sprint and hold right click.
>>
>>383713302

I still remember reading in a Game Informer about this, except the animations were going to apply any time you were being car-jacked in any vehicle.
>>
File: pickup roll.webm (3MB, 894x480px) Image search: [Google]
pickup roll.webm
3MB, 894x480px
Disarmed guards in Blood Money can do an action roll to pick up a gun.
>>
File: 1486308470872.jpg (14KB, 208x241px) Image search: [Google]
1486308470872.jpg
14KB, 208x241px
You can use a flare from one of the top ducts to set fire to the trash barrels in the Subway level in DX to distract the guards and have a relatively easy time. I always just painstakingly stuck with the prod taking them out one by one. I only read about it a few years back.
>>
>>383733721

just try it
>>
>>383718428
>>383717596
>>383718878
Big Smoke will call CJ if he's fat to tell him to go to gym.
https://youtu.be/lyHJhWlK1qo
>>
>>383734331
Don't really have the game.
>>
>>383734069
Then he is a dumb observer, he was like a watered down version of CJ, totally stripped down of emotions, goals and cleverness. This is why they should have put only one main character in the game.
>>
>>383714502
>>if you run around in Diablo 2 your defense is 0, you have to stand still for you defense to take effect

this seems like a pretty fucking huge thing to leave out of tutorials
>>
>>383715524
Keeping onto RDR. If you jump onto a horse from any high area john will automatically mount it. IIRC its not mentioned anywhere in the game this is possible. I found out when i was dicking around on the saloon balcony in armadillo
>>
>>383733463
I've never seen that, would also like to see
>>
>>383733712
He's trolling.

Marty Chonks missions were a cool surprise.
>>
>>383734440
Oh no, there's quite a lot more to him than just that; I even did a write up (which is still fairly incomplete) on him if you're interested
>>
>>383723281
Having your gun out lowered your chance of Speech success in 3, apparently
>>
>>383734531
Not that guy but post link I'm bored
>>
In MGSV I use the molotovs to destroy light fixtures, they are are reasonably silent.
>>
>>383722417
there are dildos in garbage heaps in 4
>>
>>383734531
Please, post it. But I still think if they'd done a game based only around him it would be best if it was a coming of age story.
>>
>>383734559
weapons out lowers disposition in most if not all bethesda games, i at least know in morrowind up and fo3/4
>>
>>383714213
>Jumping out of the way
Pretty much useless considering cop cars zerg rush you as soon as you hit two stars.
>>
>>383734482
This is so useless but really cool looking. Outside of Armadillo there's barely anywhere you could effectively use it to escape, but man did it feel sweet to do.
>>
>>383730235
>meunier into miller
this is wrong, it's Müller that is translated to Miller
>>
>>383721557
I remember being stuck for far too long in Pokemon Red when I was 8 because I didn't understand HM's and couldn't cut anything.
>>
>>383734440
I think they pushed too far with three characters. At most two if they're tightly connected with each other.
>>
>>383722303
Huh, I used to be friends with a former Iron Realms admin.
>>
>>383734559
Fallout 3 has a shit-ton of small touches:

>If you kill Moriarty, Gob will tak over the saloon, going so far as to cross Moriarty's name from the sign
>If you steal the Declaration of Independence without Sydney, she will hunt you down and try to kill you in the wastes
>Burke hires a hitman to kill you if you disarm the Megaton bomb
>when using a firearm, the player's arm will waver if the respective skill is below 25
>you can trigger an unmarked quest to unify the trading caravans if you have a Barter skill of 75
>>
File: Franklin dialogue 1.png (666KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Franklin dialogue 1.png
666KB, 1440x900px
>>383734672
>>383734787
https://pastebin.com/2crYH425
>>
File: Franklin dialogue 2.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Franklin dialogue 2.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>383735360
One other relevant pic; as I say in the paste, the analysis is incomplete and that's reflected in the pics I chose; both are from the same mission, The Long Stretch (which is my favorite mission, so I knew it very well)
>>
>>383722417
You can get a throwable Dildo from the Porn place near Niko's first place.
>>
>>383735353
I reverse pickpocketed better armor and guns onto all the carvan guards and carvaneers and they still died after a while. Fortunately you can just revive them with console but I still wish there was a way to guaranteed secure them in the long run. I usually blitz straight for Canterbury Commons when I play now (Tale of Two Wastelands) so I can invest in those sweet caravans.
>>
>>383724245

How knows how much more shit is out there still undiscovered? Glitches or otherwise. Unfortunately the prominence of the internet makes a lot of this unenjoyable now. The answers to everything is at your fingertips.

Looking for a Megalodon? Big Foot? Aliens? The computer savvy guy searched the game files and found nothing for them. Sucks man. There's no more adventure.
>>
>Silent Hill 3
>Pressing down the right thumbstick automatically uses the most appropriate heal
>>
>>383731643
coffee.
>>
File: 1499620329103.jpg (76KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499620329103.jpg
76KB, 490x700px
>>383714502

NANI?
>>
Spin Attacking every bush of grass in the "living" bush circles in MM gives you a 20 Rupee drop
>>
>>383721557
>a lot of people don't know that in Pokemon generations 1-3

It's on the fucking trainer tips sign you mong.
>>
In metro 2033 you can hold a bullet in your left hand but actually it's a lighter that looks like a bullet.
>>
Killing nearly anything in Majora's Mask with a Light Arrow gives you 50 Rupees. It's most notable with the Blue Bubbles in Termina Field, since they respawn after 20 seconds or so
>>
In Serious Sam TFE there is a secret way of finishing The Sacred Yard without killing a single enemy that was only discovered in 2015.
https://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=62500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUGellS55w
>>
>>383735360
Not bad. Almost every relationship Franklin was ever in has been toxic, even Lamar.
>>
>>383735360
I liked this, anon. Post more.
>>
There's a secret room in Ganon's Tower with a ton of Business Scrubs and Fairies. It's in the main room with the entrances to the trials.
>>
In far cry 4 you can finish the game on the first mission by actually waiting at the dinner table.
>>
>>383731364
Or if you used way too many cheats prior to that mission. Had to restart to complete the game. But I still kept that save around.
>>
>>383731980
>>>/pol/

Go back to your containment board whitboi
>>
Cars that get deleted during missions actually show up in the impound lots in the 3 main cities. There was a mission with Cesar that was gonna demonstrate this, but it was cut. The feature is still there though.
>>
If you punch a guy that is being chased by a cop in vice city you receive a 50$ good citizen bonus.
>>
In Monster Hunter Generations/X/XX, in the Meownster Hunters minigame thing, if you match the colour of the cat with the colour of the monster/resource you get double the rewards. That sparkly effect isn't just random.
>>
>>383736621
Wait, wait, wait, You didn't let me finish my sentence; I wanted to say that I'm white, and I like CJ.
We okay now?
>>
>>383736369
Funnily enough, that's the good ending.
>>
You can push a brahmin in Fallout 3 and NV by crouching and pressing E
>>
>>383736019
Yeah, that's why I think it made a lot of sense for Franklin to leave so fast and why I ended up finding him likeable; he has no logical reason to go back and he very much knows this, but there's this instinctual sense of loyalty that drives him back in the end. Hood loyalty is probably the most romanticized facet of the ghetto lifestyle, and it's ironic that the one who wants to leave and succeeds ends up embodying it the most.

I know it's pretty unorganized; I hope to finish it one day when I get around to replaying GTA V and going full autismo with what they want from you. I only talked about that bit of dialogue from The Long Stretch I showed in the pictures and some of the plot elements from the side content and the ending missions, but I did not properly go into the nuances of the dialogue, which I believe is Rockstar's best storytelling vehicle, that, and their directing during cutscenes.
>>383736134
Well I just finished replaying The Lost and Damned and decided to do a write up on Johnny for fun, but that's still a work in progress which I might post in a later GTA IV thread. In the meantime, I also have an incomplete write up on Bernie Crane from the base game, perhaps you'd be interested?
>>
>>383736830
Get the fuck out shrimpdick, /v/ is a territorial protectorate of the New Black World Order.
>>
Levels in Pokemon affect damage dealt outside of your stats, so that a pokemon with 40 attack at level 23 will deal more damage than one with 40 attack at level 20
>>
>>383718652
>>383718790
He meant that he actually "walked", rather than the usual run speed.
>>
>>383736959
Post it man
>>
>>383736769
>See a guy running from a cop
>Prepare my screwdriver
>Hold it up
>Run at him
>Stick it through his eyeball
>"Thank you citizen, here's your fiddy bucks."
>>
>>383736946
It also counts to the Knocked Up challenge in New Vegas, every time you push one down
>>
>>383733475
The sound design in Silent Hill is so fucking good.
>>
File: 1352918663933.jpg (17KB, 435x419px) Image search: [Google]
1352918663933.jpg
17KB, 435x419px
>mfw realizing you could drive cars in grand theft auto
>>
>>383737007
What about level 25 or 30?
>>
>>383717621
A heard it in my mind, followed by the wood drum thing being tapped. Then a bit from a flute.
>>
>>383715963
The shooting range in jak 3 taught you how to do this
>>
>>383717596

They also call you stinky if you don't change your outfit often or make fun of you if you become fat.
>>
>>383736959
I think you're right when you say that Franklin is the neutral party. I got this vibe too when I was playing the game. I do think that the moral decision at the end of the game is trivialised with the inclusion of the Deathwish ending, though. Picking the other two endings locks you out of a bunch of different content, making them feel like the "incorrect" endings.
>>
>>383733475
That reminds me, does someone have the silent hill pc guide image that always gets posted? I want to finally get into the series.
>>
File: damage graph.png (23KB, 881x615px) Image search: [Google]
damage graph.png
23KB, 881x615px
>>383737172
You get damage bonuses every 3 or 4 levels or so. It's at its strongest in Blue/Red Rescue Team, where even with 40 attack at level 6, you deal far less damage than a pokemon at level 11 with 25 attack. Pic related
>>
File: BernieCrane-Artwork.jpg (57KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BernieCrane-Artwork.jpg
57KB, 768x1024px
>>383737057
Alright. I remember doing this as a response to one of those East vs. West threads where people were claiming that it was impossible for a Western game to do an LGBT character right. This is incomplete because it only talks about one cutscene and one phone call, but Bernie shows up a lot more.

Bernie was interesting because he is essentially Niko's foil: both have the same eyebrow scar, and both endured the same atrocities and betrayals in their home countries. But unlike Niko, who only sank deeper into his self-hatred and depression and chased something that still would have never made him happy because he would still have been the same husk of a man afterwards, as he later finds out, Bernie was actually able to move on and make a better life for himself by moving to America, becoming a fitness trainer, and starting a relationship with Bryce Harper, the mayor of all people. He's not "Florian Cravic" anymore, he's "Bernie," because he was able to put his past behind him, optimistically look to the future, and ultimately, be happy with who he is. He made it. Acceptance of his latent homosexuality, taking place off-screen, is another device that shows the malleability of character and self esteem. Despite this, during Niko's first interaction with him, the player sees that Florian is still deep inside Bernie. When Niko accuses Bernie of betraying their unit, Bernie's voice loses the flamboyant edge and reverts to the raspy Serbian accent we've come to associate with Niko as he yells "I wouldn't do that!" Furthermore, when Niko asks Bernie where Darko is, Florian's voice comes out again, in order to say the decidedly hostile-toned "Dead, I hope!" Bernie pauses for a second here, as if he's struggling with himself, before his flamboyant accent returns and he voices out a more cordial "I'm not sure," complete with exaggerated hand movements. As Niko's foil, we see the changes in Niko's character through Bernie as the story progresses.

(1/2)
>>
>>383737332
by the way, Blue=Rescue Team, Green=Explorers of Sky
>>
File: shfixes.jpg (1MB, 1300x3204px) Image search: [Google]
shfixes.jpg
1MB, 1300x3204px
>>383737309
>>
>>383718428
> "WHY DON'T YOU GUYS STOP REPRODUCING"
>>
>>383737357
Niko is so resistant to change that he's rendered in disbelief when he finds that Roman has forgotten their original language and opted to speak English instead, and insists on calling Bernie "Florian" even after Bernie asked him multiple times to do otherwise. It's only after Niko spares Darko Brevic, and is finally able to put at least some of his past behind him, when he calls Bernie "Bernie" in the phone call that follows, and makes a promise to hang out and have fun, something which he never wanted to do with Bernie prior. Bernie, barring the homosexuality, is what Roman wanted Niko to be all along, and tried to foster in Niko by staying by his side and getting him to have fun with family and friends in America.

(2/2)
>>
>>383737295
To this day the ending seems like a massive copout, I completely agree that it seems like the one ending is the "correct" one. The entire time they build up what's his face rich guy villain to be some big shit and then it's kinda like everyone remembers "Oh yeah, this is a video game and I'm invulnerable".
>>
>>383735119
They both probably translate into Miller. Meunier is French though, not German.
>>
File: tumblr_lx1skcDuT71qdnwiro1_500.gif (400KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lx1skcDuT71qdnwiro1_500.gif
400KB, 500x284px
Deadly Premonition. York can grow a beard if you don't shave for a few days. Also starts to smell bad if he doesn't shower everyday. Can't remember if any of the characters acknowledge it.
>>
File: 1470723390655.jpg (131KB, 760x959px) Image search: [Google]
1470723390655.jpg
131KB, 760x959px
>>383737409
Thank you, anon.
>>
Pokeballs in Gen 1 always shake the same amount of times, unless it's the throw that catches the pokemon. So if you keep missing a pokemon with a ball, if you hit the pokemon, you're guaranteed to catch it
>>
A Link to the Past stuff

>If you don't grab the lantern in Link's house, it is moved to the chest in the castle secret entrance. If you don't get it there, it is moved into Zelda's jail cell.
>If you don't grab the boomerang on the first castle visit, the 300 rupies chest in Thieves Town will instead have the magic boomerang.
>The only use for the hook shot in misery mire is the first room (1A in the image). You can circumvent this requirement by just dashing into the block, and the knockback will send you over the pit. While this is most likely unintentional, the developers knew about this trick. There is a room in Ganon's Tower that can only be accessed using this trick.
>if you freeze an enemy, then hit them with the hammer, they will always drop a large magic refill
>>
>>383737429
>>383737357
Interesting take, anon. 4 got a lot of shit for the realism stuff but it's easily one of my favorites, at least as far as SP story goes. I liked the more serious tone.
>>
File: sanandreas_map.jpg (677KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
sanandreas_map.jpg
677KB, 1536x1536px
>>383724734
No, I think that's here. Bayside is where the ghost hovercraft appears.
>>
>>383727149
I think a Vortex spawns there. And uh, a Sea Sparrow, which is a machinegun-armed helicopter, which is pretty cool. You could down enemy Hydras on it.
>>
>>383723124
Link?
>>
>>383714213
Wasn't there a way to sit down too? I remember watching a friend play it on ps2 and he was in the mansion and he sat in the living room.
>>
>>383737489
They do. I love DP, I just wished it wasn't such a big crashfest.
>>
>>383737295
It does allow you to circumvent the dilemma, but it also allows to cement the loyal image Franklin has built up since the very beginning of the game. You have to remember that Franklin never actually puts his own two cents into who is right between Michael and Trevor; instead he spends his time being the middleman (getting the other two to help him save Lamar was one of many ways this role was shown) and showing that image to Michael and Trevor. Also, in a way, the Deathwish ending is Franklin accepting the positives of both Michael and Trevor's perspectives on the manner and dealing with the drawbacks of having your cake and eating it too in the violent manner characteristic of a GTA game. Note the dialogue during the drive to the foundry where Franklin is explaining his reasoning for doing what he did
>It don't change who my homies are, nigga. It don't change my family.
The moral dilemma involved Michael's family vs. Michael's best friend, and here, Franklin is in effect symbolically claiming Michael and Trevor as both his friends and his family. Remember that most of his actual friends and family are toxic and the only one that isn't, his mom, is dead.

Also, you unlock the post-game hangout dialogue where the three try to talk out their issues, but I don't remember it enough to talk about it.
>>
>>383737891
Nah, you can't sit in vanilla Vice. You prolly just got mixed up and confused a cutscene segment for actual gameplay.
>>
>>383730646
Why would anybody pick anything but option C??
>>
>>383713302
Fromsoft games are filled with these kind of things. Dont know if these have been posted.

In ds3 instead of scrolling through your entire item/magic/weapon list you can hold the button to go back to your first item.

Ds2 changes your stance when you lock on.

The crocdogs in ds3 will spaz out on their backs and pray until you finish them off if you riposte them by hitting their snout. Old demon king will give off one final explosion at low health, then burn out and barely be able to attack. Sir alonne will commit sudoku if you beat him fast enough. And of course sif will limp at low health.

In ds1 you can spawn little crab enemies in other players worlds by leaving items in your world, ive never even seen one.
>>
>>383737819
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-titanic-mod
>>383737936
Yeah. Thankfully my issues weren't straight up crashes, just occasional fuckups that didn't get too much in the way. The rest I took as part of its flawed charm.
>>
>>383738041
Too bad only numales who want to feel "le manly xD" for beating a challenging baby toy game actual play dark souls
>>
>>383733475
Horror games really needs those little unexplained touches.

SH series is so fucking good.
>>
>>383738153
>release date: when it's done
it's doomed.
>>
>>383737706
Yeah, same. The base game is something I also have to replay, and a Niko write up plus how him and his friends are tied together thematically (you see this in Bernie and Dwayne among others) is something I really want to do, plus finish that Bernie one.
>>
>>383736830
>I like
>instead of love
Holy fuck. You fucking white male.
>>
>>383734332
>big smoke telling you to go to the gym
Nigger says it with a straight face too
>>
>>383713302
fuckin san andreas man
even after all those years you STILL find out something new about it
>>
>>383713302
>in GTA IV, if you trip over a pedestrian that a cop is chasing, the cop will thank you

You have to run into them to make them ragdoll, not attack them. Would've been nice if you got the good citizen bonus like in Vice City, but it was still a nice surprise.
>>
File: 1423499487151.jpg (100KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
1423499487151.jpg
100KB, 854x640px
>>383738185
Whatever bitch, its a fun game and I was just trying to participate in the thread.
>>
>>383734170
I don't remember that part of the tutorial
>>
>>383738548
Thanks but no thanks. Take your weebshit tryhard garbage to Gaia and leave us honest American gamers alone.
>>
>>383737062
You break the law, you pay.
>>
>>383738609
heres a quick (you), hot and ready
>>
>>383738041
Are you talking about vagrants? I think those show up in other players world if you die and lose over 100 thousand souls or something.
>>
>>383738153
FUCK. MAFIA TITANIC. I've been following this mod since it's start, I've totally forgot about it.

Also, yeah, DP really was a great game, and I don't know why people whine about it other than crashing; I've tried playing it dozens of times, always resulting with crash or 2 fps, and then I just watched a no commentary Let's Play on Youtube, only thing I don't like is the ending, it was pretty weird, I loved the Emily sequence, though.
>>
>>383721928
You need to juggle them three times before they start dropping shit iirc, every subsequent juggle drops free shit. You can also abuse the physics engine by pinning someone on the wall with the stakegun and hammering M2 as fast as humanly possible, it'll shower you with a fountain of gems because being pinned doesn't apparently count as a non-midair state.
>>
It took ages until I learned about the power bomb healing in Super Metroid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alepBscgUX0
>>
>>383738675
gaiaonline.com
>>
in the original FF theres the power peninsula where super strong enemies can be encountered early in the gaem
>>
>>383738707
oh well that shows how much I know about them ha
>>
In nfs underground 2, in the beginning where you drive that girl's 350z, you can use it at some races on the map instead of delivering it to the garage. She will start calling you about being angry that you are using her car for races. After you finish the ones that appear on the map, there's one secret race, after you win it, she will tell you that the word is out and no more races for you until you deliver the car.
>>
>>383719214
Funny thing about that attack. I never took my armour off until that point, so I never saw the raggedy full-hollow effect. When he spat me out, I thought that would be a permanent debuff from the stomach acids digesting you.
>>
File: secreteasteregg.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
secreteasteregg.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>Battlefield: Bad Company 2
>in multiplayer it's possible to fly the helicopter for more than 20 seconds without crashing
>it actually stays in the air without going straight into the ground for no reason and blowing up
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but it really surprised me to learn this.
>>
>>383738426
How can I redeem myself? Will cutting my dick off help?
>>
>>383738839
Just check it out.

www.nfl.com

Just check it out.
>>
>>383722417
In gta sa there is big dildo in police station shower room
>>
File: 1423751259532.png (197KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1423751259532.png
197KB, 500x351px
>>383735360
This was a good read
>>
you can get infinte one ups in the first super mario if you cuck a turtle on a stair and repeatedly jump over it
>>
>>383721928
I'd like to correct you. You can get as much of those things as possible, they fall when you juggle corpse. It can happen sometimes with other weapons, namely rocket launcher, but they usually either explode body, don't push it in air at all or send it straight into tomorrow. If you have time, you can farm lots of gold this way (too bad that I learned that only when I got gud, so cards became pointless).
Also, those things has separate counter on scoreboard - they are shown after amount of "proper" gold, like this - "+10".
>>
>>383714213
>>383734936
>>383714781
>final Donald love mission
>in the street outside his place with the packages you pick out of the ocean
>multiple law enforcement vehicles en route to my face ETA 0 seconds
>oh shit jump
>Claude does that fucking faggy, geriatric dive but avoids the cars
>get busted while on the ground
Yeah there was a much better reason to try to never do that dive than just sitting through a 5 second animation.
>>
>>383719506
ceaseless discharge has an attack where he just like keeps poking the floor with his tentacles or some shit
>>
>>383722417
The dildos where in the police showers if i remember correctly.
>>
>>383720245
Damn nigga, that mafia 2 sounds cool as fuck
>>
>repeatedly walking into pedestrians in San Andreas will make them go hostile
>If you're getting harassed by a hostile ped in GTA IV, call 911 and ask for the cops. It'll make the ped run away.
>gay pedestrians have female scream voice lines
>the bouncers for both nightclubs in TBoGT are immortal unless you kill them

Oh and in GTA V, there are some booty calls that are locked to certain protags like Trevor or Franklin. Liz is one of Franklin's, but if you manually input her number, she becomes an available contact for Trevor and Michael. Dunno if you can get Ursula for Michael as well.
>>
>>383738726
I love DP but it has several issues. If it wasn't for how much I fell in love with the characters, I would've stopped playing. I tend to think of Suda, Kojima and Swery in the same category. All three use humor/drama, kojima more drama, suda more wacky while swery tens to be unrecognized for working on the extremes. DP is the perfect example of going from one end to the other in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>383739462
>immortal unless you kill them

Did I read that right, or is there some context I'm missing? I haven't played Gay Tony.
>>
>>383739462
>immortal unless you kill them
Uhhh....
>>
>>383738905
Never saw them as well. When I first got into Dark Souls I would just spend my free time reading more about it.
>>
>>383716673
YOOOOOOOOOOO~
>>
>>383739462
>immortal
>unless you kill them
anon...
>>
>tfw we're all immortal until someone kills us
>>
File: people die.jpg (23KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
people die.jpg
23KB, 640x368px
>>383739462
>>
you can run in resident evil 4
>>
wtf im immortal now
>>
>>383739539
theyre invincible to cops or other peds
you can pick a fight with them and call the cops and theyll never die no matter how much they got shot or ran over
>>
>>383735360
So, basically Franklin is MC Ride?
>>
File: 1473639289102.png (71KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1473639289102.png
71KB, 251x251px
>>383735360
>tfw franklin smokes weed
Rockstar characters are seriously underrated.
>>
File: 1456579264340.jpg (7KB, 216x243px) Image search: [Google]
1456579264340.jpg
7KB, 216x243px
>>383739702
>>383739632
>>383739548
>>383739539
Maybe, they won't die of old age.
>>
>>383739773
ooooh. Okay, that makes sense. I wonder why they did that.
>>
>>383714502
>if you run around in Diablo 2 your defense is 0

No, your shield's block rate becomes zero
>>
>>383739749
Until you're not.
>>
>>383739749
Unless someone kills you.
>>
>>383737704
Dont enemies always drop 1 Rupee if stunned with the Boomerang and then killed?
>>
>>383738872
FF4 has something similar in the underworld area. There's a part on the map where you have zero reason to go, but it has a different set of encounters. Including 2 enemies you can only encounter at that section.
>>
>>383734124
Pretty sure thats only with the ginormous minigun
>>
In GTA 4, early-game girlfriend Michelle won't drink with you if you take her out to the bar. This is significant because later she turns out to be a fed investigating Roman's ties to organized crime.
>>
>>383740589
>Tell me more interesting things, Niko!
>>
In Devil May Cry 1 clicking in right stick switches between Alastor and Ifrit in real time assuming you have either equipped in place of Force Edge or Sparda.

Sadly it's no DMC3 tier shit, there's a 1 second animation that plays, so no fancy combos. Still, it saves you the trip in the menu through all the FMVs if you're out of combat.
>>
>>383722325
You must be joking, what an infuriating and annoying way of implementing something a simple 5 second load would get rid of. Fuck sake,
>>
>>383721557
I tried clearing out all the grass on one route in Sapphire but got bored. Was annoyed they got rid of it in later gens.
>>
File: Get_Shorty_10897_Medium.jpg (42KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Get_Shorty_10897_Medium.jpg
42KB, 615x409px
>>383733894
It's not original because Franklin is Tony Soprano and it's a total ripoff while they mashed in some John Travolta traits (get shorty, be cool) and other "Movie" stuff into Micheal.

It's like a tribute Character i guess

The Apartment from that Junkies cousin in GTAV is a rebulid from the movie Jackie Brown
>>
>>383740864
*Micheal is Tony
>>
>>383740864
>The Apartment from that Junkies cousin in GTAV is a rebulid from the movie Jackie Brown
HOLY SHIT HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT
>>
>>383740589
I think MGSV has the same shit, nobody lets Venom smoke real cigars because he was a medic following healthy lifestyle.
>>
File: 1476537520963.jpg (91KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
1476537520963.jpg
91KB, 700x807px
>>383739539
>>383739548
>>383739632
>>383739702

Yeah that sounded retarded. I meant that you can make them go hostile, turns the cops against them and they won't take any damage or die. They'll kill every cop with their fists. Only you can stop them.

You can permakill certain NPC's like girlfriends, too. If they're injured in a way that doesn't get them to break up with you, they'll eventually ask you to pick them up at the hospital. I sniped Kiki while she was waiting and now her body won't despawn, nor will her icon move from her body's location.
>>
File: Cant_see_where_this_road_leads.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cant_see_where_this_road_leads.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>383739823
>Why do I hate my fucking self?
>>
>>383739052
Make a video of a long legged pissed off puerto rican man ejaculating in your wife.

Only after, will we let you be bluepilled again
>>
>>383721775
Police deploy snipers as well

Also the shotgun fires slugs at range
>>
>>383738761
WHAT
>>
>>383740864
Original for a GTA, I mean
>>
>>383739041
i like you. keep on keepin on
>>
You can call the batmobile in Arkham Knight without jumping into it by holding L1. I learned about it here in /v/.
>>
A lot of the mission dialogue in GTAIV can be different, especially with antagonists when you're choosing to execute them.
>>
I feel I only know common stuff but here are some things I thought were kinda cool

>DMC 3 has a mechanic of anger orbs which requires pressing L1 as the DT meter indicates how many orbs your and sacrifices
It took me a few playthroughs to figure this out
>DMC 3 Vergil gains style upon seathing his katana
>DMC 4 select taunts can hurt enemies like Vergils sword spin and Trishes kiss
>Half Life enemy behaviors are fairly intricate down to the harmless roaches
>Doom monster infighting only properly occurs between two different kinds of monsters. If both monsters of the same species attack each other, they'll ignore it.
>>
>>383741131
>go out with a gf
>Die on a car crash
>respawn
>in-game hours later get a call from gf to pick her up in another hospital

My sides where gone that time.
>>
>>383738438
Lol
>>
>>383729568
Actually the motor fuck up at the edge of the map and you quickly lose altitude.
If you try with a boat it automatically sink, if you swim a shark spawn.

Trying with a submarine and you just explode. (same with a car if you manage to propel yourself)
>>
>>383739823
>>383741183
>Man, I'm stoned as a motherfucker. My fucking mother...man. My fucking mother. I miss you. You fucking moron - drug addict ass fool - just like I'm on drugs...shit
>A tough motherfucker who nobody fucks with. Because nobody likes.
>Nothing can touch me. Because I don't feel any fucking thing. Because I'm empty, and that's why I don't have any fucking friends.
Guy who wrote the analysis here; I just replayed the weed activity, if you take into account that Franklin does not get stoned from low grade weed based on the side mission with the weed advocate, you can infer that Franklin has smoked very often and grown a tolerance to low grade weed (which would more often than not be sold in his hood), probably because of his mom being an addict, and considering how much he goes on self-hating rants, you can reasonably conclude that he's dealt with this for a very long time. The stoic image of Franklin when sober is also fleshed out, since you realize that you have to get him stoned with high-grade weed to hear any of this.
>>
>>383739462
dont worry anon, i knew what you meant <3
>>
>>383741893
Just got this
>I'm as happy as can be...when you're all alone and everyone hates you.
He also says it with an unusually chipper tone of voice, as if it's something he's long accepted.
I underestimated just how important smoking weed actually is to him.
>>
>>383742141
Another one
>My toes are fucking dead - or my soul. Which the fuck is it? Something is very dead.
>Man, I just wish I could get a bigger bag of this shit and Tanisha, aand go live on an island some fucking where. I could be on some motherfucking island with this woman.
>She ain't my woman. She ain't shit to me. I ain't shit to me.
Damn, how far does this rabbit hole go? You see his sense of escapism here too, the same one that made him want to leave behind all of his friends and family and succeed
>>
>>383742495
>>383742141
>>383741893
ayo hol up when does this happen?
>>
>>383742561
when you smoke weed
>>
File: Archvile Infights a Revenant.gif (19KB, 486x311px) Image search: [Google]
Archvile Infights a Revenant.gif
19KB, 486x311px
>>383741657
>>>Doom monster infighting only properly occurs between two different kinds of monsters. If both monsters of the same species attack each other, they'll ignore it.

Mostly true, but it's not because they just ignore it, it's because projectiles can't hurt demons of the same species that threw it.
Hitscan attacks, however, do not have this restriction, and the gun-toting former humans will happily blow each others' brains out.
Also, demons of the same species can be persuaded to infight each other, if you lure one into blowing up a barrel by his friend. Since they can't harm each other with projectiles, the hurt demon will ineffectually throw fireballs at his target until he closes into melee distance and they start slapping each other.
An arachnotron, who has no melee attacks, will be forever doomed to spam plasma at his fellow demon never accomplishing anything.
Demons can even infight with themselves if they're hurt by the barrel they blew up. They'll frantically claw themselves to death, or if they lack a melee attack, will simply spin in place wildly firing in all directions.
>>
File: Anon reads 'ricther scale'.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
Anon reads 'ricther scale'.png
21KB, 176x232px
>>383742495
>>Something is very dead.
>>She ain't my woman. She ain't shit to me. I ain't shit to me.
>>
>>383742608
how? he doesn't experience anything during strangers and freaks mission
>>
>>383728612
>>383729507
>>383731015
It's half true, half full of shit

During the mission where Franklin, Trevor and Lamar go in Ballas territory to buy drugs only to discover the package is fake and it ends up in a shoot-out to leave, during the fight, you can see 3 Grove Street gang members leaving on bicycle the place that looks a lot like CJ neighborhood.

Everything else this guy said is shit.
>>
>>383742687
there's a bong in his house dummy
>>
>>383742687
His personal weed is stronger than that twig shit
>>
>>383742687
Read some of those posts, anon. Low grade weed doesn't effect him that much because he smokes often.
>>
>>383742687
It was low grade weed; the weed I smoked was high grade, as I said here>>383741893
Another interesting one
>I want to be an A, and I'm just a fucking B. I hate B's.
>>
>>383742724
>>383742737
>>383742752
oh yeah I forgot that
>third playthrough
>discover that you can sniff gasoline as Trevor and teleport to random locations
>>
>>383742820
Apparently according to the wiki, if you do that, Trevor shows the same self-hating, suicidal tendencies as Franklin.
>>
>>383713302
It's a glitch, but in SA get a tractor and hook it up to a big rig. When you try turning thr tractor, the big rig gets launched into the air.
>>
>>383742931
I really feel that they cut a lot from gta5. Dialogue when you kill Michael between him and Franklin makes no sense in the context of the game. There are clues about events that were supposed to be in the game everywhere - about how Michael was supposed to use Franklin in some way, for instance. One of the tracks from OST is called "Rich Man's Plaything" for fucks sake
>>
>>383742616
>gif
>not "Fire Punch.jpg"

Kill yourself
>>
File: vlcsnap-390405.png (333KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-390405.png
333KB, 640x480px
>>383741893
>>383742141
>>383742495
Man this is too real for a game about robbing killing and beating whores, this type of shit will be missed by the average player myself included. Rockstars writing is taken for fucking granted.
Thread posts: 527
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.