[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E-sports, is there a point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

I have to get this off my chest, because It has been nagging at my mind for a while.

When Esport scenes are young or small, the entertainment provided is just that - Entertaining.

You have U.S; Russian, European teams all competing and you have no idea who'll win.

However, when the game becomes bigger and more popular this is when the asian teams begin to take part.

To me, this kills any interest I would have because they always win, by domination over every other nation simply because they are subjected to abusing training regimes which just barely scrape past human rights.

So the question is:

>"What is the point of large scale competitive E-sports, when we all know an asian team will win, regardless?"

I begun thinking about this with the Overwatch competitive scene coming up soon, the idea of England, Sweden, America, Germany, Russia, Ukraine - all these different nations battling it out is intense and sounds fun.

But nothing is fun when the finals - every time - are korea v korea, china v china, or korea v china.

Why should I even -bother- cheering on my own nation when I know they'll lose to robotic asians who are used as tools, not partaking for enjoyment?

Just my opinion.
>>
China is always absolute trash at everything. You are right about korea though.
>>
You're watching the wrong games
>>
>>383708048
What is the point of any sport ever?
>best team/athlete wins a competition
Wow what a fucking travesty
>>
>>383708193
I've seen Chinese teams enter the finals for Dota2.
Why should I care? All of our fucking money is just being siphoned off to some abused teams, where it is well known that a large portion of the money the team earns gets handed over to their manager.
>>
File: fanbase.jpg (437KB, 4040x626px) Image search: [Google]
fanbase.jpg
437KB, 4040x626px
>>
>>383708456
Change that into:

>Civilized world competing.
>Asians join.
>Teams who abide by humane hours and training regimes get annoyed.
>Asians roflstomp for their manager overlords.
>Euro/US teams quit
>Ends up being asians v asians
>>
>>383708386
Difference here is akin to using drugs in the Olympics.

Asian teams are pushed to limits beyond those which are allowed in the west, because we have laws here which prevent such abusive slavedriving.

So them winning doesn't mean they're better,

Just like how an athlete taking performance enhancing drugs doesn't mean they're better either.

PS: Before anyone begins to think I'm racist to asians or something, I'd be complaining exactly the same way if any other nation was doing it. Say Russia was still Soviet Russia, they would be doing exactly what Korea and China are doing now.

It would be like Rocky IV, but with videogames.

But with the reality of the Russian actually winning.
>>
File: 1497921305911.jpg (12KB, 231x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497921305911.jpg
12KB, 231x281px
>>383709114
>winning doesn't mean they're better
Also you know the majority of Olympic athletes are on gear right? With how easy it is to hide there's no reason not to be.
>>
>>383709404
It isn't easy to hide though, that's the thing.

You're talking out of your ass, because they have blood, urine, and even (in some cases) stool samples before they're even allowed to partake in each sport.

I've seen plenty of drug related scandals on the news, Russia specifically.
>>
>>383709114
If they're so great because of slavedriving then why do they get btfo in soccer by europeans and south americans?
>>
Addition by OP while it's on my mind:

The Overwatch Competitive scene will put emphasis on people supporting their local teams, they will have a system in place which helps the nations of the world grow their competitive gaming communities for years to come, hopefully finding new talent.

Yet still, the same applies. Asian nations will win, so why should I even bother paying for a Dota2-esque compendium for Overwatch? Why sink money into something which isn't worth the investment.
>>
>>383709545
Yeah cause they were stupid and got caught in a nationwide scandal. Certain drugs can be completely out of an athletes system within a few weeks.

But that's besides the point of the thread. What's wrong with asians winning? If they're willing to take it beyond what other people will to do win and they win then there's nothing wrong with that imo. If another country wants to win esports they should either try devote themselves just as much or forget about it.
>>
>>383709695
Because no matter how much they are subjected to abuse and forceful training by their government/bosses, (china, then korea respectively.) that will never change their physical limitations of being small.

Yet gaming however, everyone has the same sized keyboard, mouse, LAN speed, rules within the game, damage output relative to character.

Only difference is time. Time to practice.

That, the Asians have an abundance of.
>>
Why

is

everyone

writing

this

also fuck esports. It was all fun and games when it was just nerds competing each other now its all ruined by big companies trying to monetize and professionalize everything.
>>
>>383710149
I forgot to add:
You can be fat, thin, muscular.

It's all the same on a keyboard.

Even asian "intelligence" stereotype doesn't work in gaming because there's hardly anything intelligent regarding muscle memory and second nature.

Only natural benefit is a quick reaction.
>>
>>383710149
Short guys can play soccer fine. See: Messi.
>>
>>383709114
>It's unfair that Asian athletes train harder
That aside, there're plenty of eSports where other regions are competitive, including DotA 2 among examples I'm sure you follow. Watch Evo this weekend otherwise.
>>
>>383708393
>I've seen Chinese teams enter the finals for Dota2.

Dota is a fucking trash game though, who gives a shit
>>
>>383710884
Provide us with a list of Games That Matter so we're all on the same page.
>>
>>383710820
>it's unfair that asian athletes train harder

No, it's unfair that they can get around laws to train harder.

What are we supposed to do, break those laws and abuse our pro gamers just so they have a chance?
>>
>>383710993
Show me the law that restricts people from playing games more
>>
>>383710993
Anyone good enough to be worth skirting labor laws is good enough to make more money streaming on twitch than anyone would be willing to pay them to train that many hours a day.
>>
>>383710972
>cpma
>cs 1.3

that's it
>>
>>383708048
watch csgo
asians tend to be bad at fps games
>>
>>383710279
Because it's copy and pasted from a reddit thread.
>>
>>383711149
Workplace hours. Employment laws.

Being part of a Pro team counts as employment, thus you're not allowed to work over an allotted time each week and are legally bound to have breaks. I forget the specific times, but when we have that and china does not - that says a lot.
>>
>>383711248
>quack weenies edition
>token muh bhop cs version
>reddit spacing
please leave this site
>>
>>383710993
First off, it's meaningless to hold them to our standards when their laws develop individually.

Secondly, players in NA regions might be subject to labour laws but all they need to do to continue their training is play on their own time. They have to make an active decision not to train harder with the resources available to them. The difference between their training on work and off hours is completely arbitrary; they are choosing not to work as hard as the Asians.

Third, if someone wants to win they sure as hell better be training to win. I'd go so far as to say that anything which doesn't violate the nature of a match itself should be fair game.
>>
>>383711353
Sports psychology knows well that a balanced life is essential for top performance. """Practicing""" 16 hours a day is extremely counter productive. I'm certain asian teams don't play better because they play more. Their approach to practice might be more focused or effective or there might be some physical or cultural thing that gives them an edge. But it's not brute force repetition that makes them good.
>>
>>383711353
>Being part of a Pro team counts as employment

No it doesn't you absolute retard, they're considered freelance/contractors and set their own terms of employment.
>>
>>383708048
>muh asians!
you mention dota but do you even follow it? chinks and seaniggers are trash at dota, they just get lucky sometimes. it has nothing to do with how much they "train", the strategy is more important. also, one other thing.
>muh overwatch!
overwatch is not a competitive game and it is extremely boring to watch.
>>
>>383711490
The only eatsports I watch now a days is broodwar and fightan. Everything else is just boring as fuck.

League is dominated by Korea
HotS is dominated by Korea
Overwatch is dominated by Korea

Will catch CSGO or DOTO sometimes but overall uninterested. I just can't into team esports or some shit.
>>
>>383711701
Fuck didn't mean to reply
>>
>>383711701
>koreans really like playing bad games
makes you think.
>>
Watch DotA, Asian teams fluctuate all the time.
>>
>>383711701
let me fill you in on csgo: team that's on the good side of the cheat coders wins
>>
>>383711272

They are also bad at aggressive meta. Icefrog nearly killed Asia Dota twice and took a hell of a long time for them to comeback.
>>
>>383711804
But they don't.

Fun fact: Did you know that with Overwatch, if guys aren't over Platinum in South Korea, they are subjected to bullying and neglect from their peers not just at school but at -college AND the workplace-.

Korea is a cancerous society, where plastic surgery is considered a birthday gift and music is their only goal in life, and video games are no longer fun instead a make or break opportunity to being liked or not.

Fuck korea.
>>
>>383708048
Asians are bad at FPS, maybe you need to stop playing your tranny meme game and start playing csgo.
>>
>>383712035
But Overwatch is a bad game, a really bad one in fact. It's only popular because of waifu shit and the fact that it was shat out by Blizzard.
>>
File: 1466390476776.jpg (388KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1466390476776.jpg
388KB, 1284x980px
>>383712035
North Korea truly is best Korea.
>>
>>383712035
>when a whole country is controlled by actiblizzard advertising propaganda

this timeline is terrifying
>>
>>383711546
Someonle looked up and saw that Faker and Crown had played like 800 and 1000 solo queue games in the first half of the season, while there were few NA players that played even half that amount. The few that did play that many games (Dardoch and a few others iirc) were all among the better players in NA too.
>>
>>383711272
why is that i wonder, cuz they smash ass in rts/strategy games.
>>
File: 1499329192931.jpg (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499329192931.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
>>383708048
>esports
>>
>>383708456
How mad at casuals do you have to be to make this pic.
>>
Fucking MOBA fags. Counter Strike top 5 has Brazillians, Americans and Europeans
>>
>>383712178
if not for tencent, i doubt ow would be as popular. top 10 popular games in korea are all games -at least partially- owned by tencent and nexon
>>
>>383712035
>bullied for playing video games in the west
>bullied for being shit at video games in South Korea
What went right?
>>
>>383712178
It all began with Starcraft.

South Korea needs to break its Blizzard Bound Chains.
>>
>>383709114
>So them winning doesn't mean they're better,
Come the fuck on anon
>>
>implying CSGO doesn't exist

Asians are literal garbage at shooters. The top Asian CSGO team has gotten out of group stages like once or twice, and they quickly lose after that. The asian shooter scene is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>383709114
Are you saying western teams cannot practice a video game for hours on end if the team wants to?
>>
>>383712423
Nothing.

Because there is no sweet middle-ground.

It all ends in bullying, and not to sound like a bitch but I was a victim of it during school too.

It sucks.

I've grown out of it and manned up, I can shrug the shitty behaviour off and simply live my life how I want:

But knowing there are new kids out there having the time of their life only to get reality slap them in the face, unable to escape people's shitty behaviour? Yeah, fuck it.
>>
>>383712379
>hues
>top5
>>
>>383712379
Ain't even Mobafags, it's Twitch casuals that only watch LoL and Overwatch projecting results onto other games. DotA has a fine scene outside of Asia.
>>
>>383712701 noone will be happy when there is someone else who doesnt like someone elses thing
>>
>>383712701
You deserved to be bullied for the way you write
>>
>>383712706
they actually are, but it's the only 5 good CSGO players in the favella that just all happened to meet up

they're not even technically Brazilian anymore, as soon as they got a good sponsor they all moved to a team house in the US
>>
>>383710279
Because they're retarded phoneposters.
>>
>>383712701
>MUH BULLYING

Holy shit, this is a new level of pathetic. You clearly haven't manned up, as evidenced by you crying about it in a completely unrelated thread about fucking esports. Nobody gives a shit that you were a limp-dicked faggot and got your shit rightfully pushed in by normal, well-adjusted kids. Kill yourself for fishing for sympathy on a Taiwanese knife-fighting form you absolute waste of oxygen, you're a disappointment to your parents and will never have a place in society.
>>
>>383712701
I got bullied for years and know it to be shit but damn son you're pathetic
>>
>>383712035
I bully my friends who play if they aren't Plat either.
>>
>>383713282
Hah. I don't understand why simply reflecting and accepting someone's past means they're bitching. People can get over things you know, even if you can't.
>>
>>383712296
in fps you need to be able to aim and it is not just build memorization
>>
>>383713918
They can't see shit, that's why they miss.
>>
>>383712701
>I've manned up since then
Looks like bullying works and will make those players who get bullied better.
>>
>>383714048
Not really no.

Being subjected to harsh critique works indeed without a fucking doubt. Stuff like safe spaces are cancer and fuck this up.

But bullying in regards to having fun, doesn't make you better it just makes you stop playing.

Wanting to get better is a personal thing, you can't get better if you don't want to get better. (Or if you're forced by contract.)
>>
Did everyone go to evo or something. I can't find a single fucking match.
>>
>>383714273
EVO hasn't even started yet bruh
>>
>>383708048
All of this is true but also u.s. teams are composed of popular streamers who aren't even that good. They rarely switch out the bad players because it's lucrative to have a large fan base instead of actually winning. It's actually made me hate esports and I can't wait to see it all die.
>>
>>383709695
You can't train in real sport like you can in esports because of physical limitations. Also they're short and slow.
>>
>>383714647
This. Exactly this.
Esports is like every other sport. For suckers.

Winning is a benefit, yet the fame/fortune of players rakes in revenue all by itself.

China doesn't have the celebrity scene like the west, so they rely on wins. The west has a huge celebrity/hollywood culture, so memes and known faces need to get screentime.

Jesus, I see it all now.
>>
>watching EG win the international
That was fucking sweet. Quit dota and never looked back after that.
>>
>>383712370
except things like this actually happen when you play games with people in person in real life face-to-face
maybe you'd know that if you had friends or left your house ever
>>
>>383712370
It was probably just made as a visual representation of the mop theory.
>>
>>383709114
name a single faggot law that prevents you from playing video games in the west to the point of literal exhaustion and death

i'll wait
>>
>>383709114
>isn't racist
lmfao what a fag
>>
>>383709114
>>383710149
>>383710452
>>383712035
>>383712701
>>383708048
>Reddit spacing
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
>>
>>383715576
*to asians

;)))
>>
>>383708048
Chinks don't own dota 2, friend.
>>
>>383710452
>thinks the ability to learn, strategize, and think quickly aren't tied to intelligence
fucking christ go back to r*ddit you nigger
>>
dota is the only good esport and TI wins are 50/50 between china and the west
and if you think overwatch is an esport just end yourself and improve the gene pool
>>
>>383715721
But it isn't when there's a meta.

"They have a,b,c,"

"so we pick x,y,z,"

"do tactic 1"
"if they do 1 instead, we reply with 2"

It's hardly intelligent just following a cookie cutter set of tactics, it's the same shit every match.
>>
File: 1491873829775.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491873829775.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
why aren't koreans good at fighting games?
>>
>>383714676
yeah how can they compete with all of those 6'2 goliaths playing soccer
oh wait the majority of soccer pros are spics or southern euros, who are overwhelmingly shorter than average

hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>383708193
China's Olympic diving teams are fantastic because the government forces them to train for 20 hours a day. Same thing with their gymnastics teams, though there they also use girls who are blatantly below the age requirement.
>>
>>383709114
>So them winning doesn't mean they're better,
Yes it does. They spent the time to practice which means they're better.
>>
>>383716097
I'm going to use hacks.(performance enhancing drugs)on top of training for 12 hours a day.

I'm totally better. :^)
>>
File: 1113.jpg (88KB, 696x1682px) Image search: [Google]
1113.jpg
88KB, 696x1682px
>koreans being good at western games, or anything besides starcraft
>>
>>383714958
>china doesn't have a celebrity culture
you're retarded.
>>
>>383716532
Compared to the west? No way.

Noone in the world knows any major Chinese actors. Who, jackie chan at best, who fucked off to America?

Yet the world knows SHITLOADS of western actors.

Fuck off.
>>
>>383715847

Because all the fighting talent got poured into Poongko and Infiltration, there's none left for the rest of the country.
>>
>>383716871
>people being known outside a country is equivalent to people being known inside the country

neck yoruself you retard
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.