[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ genuinely hate video games or is it just one big joke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1451287577703.jpg (43KB, 431x430px) Image search: [Google]
1451287577703.jpg
43KB, 431x430px
Does /v/ genuinely hate video games or is it just one big joke?
>>
File: 1448240685888.jpg (62KB, 712x478px) Image search: [Google]
1448240685888.jpg
62KB, 712x478px
>>383706167
Some people are just frustrated with the direction gaming has taken in the past few years, you know, with the whole trying to appeal to the widest audience, developers pushing out unfinished products and a bunch of other issues this hobbie's been having for a while now.
People tend to get angry about the things they are passionate about.
>>
>>383706167
What
>>383707104
Said, but a lot of them are also new posters trying to imitate these people after not lurking long enough. TORtanic really did a number to this place
>>
>>383707218
What's tortanic?
>>
>>383706167
a lot of /v/ suffers from undiagnosed clinical depression. So they genuinely can't enjoy most modern games. But they don't want to admit that it's them who has changed, and they need help, so they blame games.
>>
>>383706167
It's >>383707104 plus an increasingly shitty user base, when a lot of other people playing games are degenerates, it kind of kills your desire to associate yourself with them by even playing the same titles out of principle.
>>
>>383706167
i hate what video games have become
>>
While trying to appear to wider audiences, the different IPs started to incorporate things from other games, thus making all of them not so different at all and losing in the process what made them unique.
This has been one of the things that have been making games worse in the recent years, or at least difficult to find gems among so many trash games.
Add paid online, abusive dlc politics, and the latest joke, early access games, and you have a mixture that is easy to hate. I still love games and have fun with them, what I hate is the industry behind.
>>
File: Evolve_Box_Art.png (183KB, 250x286px) Image search: [Google]
Evolve_Box_Art.png
183KB, 250x286px
>>383706167
Show them this.

If they say it's shit, they're a newfag.
>>
>>383707328
A meme dating back to Star Wars: the Old Republic release.

TOR was hailed as the WoW killer and literally too big to fail. The Titanic was a ship that capsized after hitting an iceberg, despite the claim that "Not even God himself could sink this ship." Hence TORtanic.
>>
File: Capture.png (193KB, 751x542px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
193KB, 751x542px
>>383707649
rlly makes you think
>>
Game creativity has gone down, which isn't a bad thing per say but seeing that so many games look like another with a few differences is very depressing. Thing is, even unique games like NMS suck ass so you can't exactly say the unique/creative=good so a large majority of /v/ is pretty pissed that no good, original games are being made anymore so they shitpost instead.
>>
I used to love FPS more than anything, but I haven't even played a shooter in years. It seemed like the genre was starting to make a comeback for awhile, but now it's all just fucking "hero shooters" with cooldowns replacing the need for technical skill and shitty round based objectives like payload becoming the default.

I just want to capture points and go fast, what happened?
>>
>>383707790
Titanfall exists, but
>Origin
>>
>>383707539
>doesn't want to associate with degenerates
>posts on 4chan

???
>>
>>383707104
So the problem with /v/ is all the underages that think those practices are new ?
>>
>>383706167
go back to r*ddit
>>
File: AHAHAHAHA.png (260KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHA.png
260KB, 800x600px
>>383707774
Fuck off Randy!
>>
>>383708501
>Game is alive for less than a month
really activates my brain almonds
>>
File: 1499726174047.gif (3MB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1499726174047.gif
3MB, 650x488px
>>383708501
>Battleborn is so shit it gives Evolve a new br lease on life.

You just can't make this shit up!
>>
>>383706167
Mixing old players who had games that made them interested and seemingly a lot of time put into them mixed in with new players who think the quality they get is normal. That's where nu-v meme comes from.

Honestly I think current devs are just pushing too much of doing everything before establishing a core gameplay concept, but it depends on the genre youre interested in. For example, FPS games are getting less skill-based and more flashy, with a touch of realism simulator in the back that barely has an audience.
>>
>>383706167
Its both. The problem is most of /v/'s users are PCfags. PCfags generally don't settle or let their standards slip so once one game raises the bar the bar stays there. This leads to pointing out all the flaws in games even more so when something good was taken out of following games made by the same devs in the name of casualization. This created the atmosphere that permeates /v/ about games. From there it was a simple matter to make fun of good games and call them shit as well.
>>
>>383708584
They stripped the entire game out, so no wonder.

We asked for F2P
What we got was FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>383706167
/v/ is full of faggot teenagers who will parrot anything in a pathetic attempt to fit in.
>>
File: 1473275861998.png (636KB, 1310x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1473275861998.png
636KB, 1310x1170px
Even if an anon likes a game, they're more likely to bash it because apparently it's more fun to start shit than share something positive with others.
>>
>>383706167
Many people on /v/ hate themselves and it manifests this way.

In addition the industry is occasionally very frustrating
>>
>>383707104
This. I hate what video games have become. I still enjoy games depending on what they are but the majority of stuff these days has me scoffing.
>>
>>383707104
All of this.

All of the things I like about this hobby are slowly deteriorating in quality. The worst part of it is that I can't stop it. Every new generation of gamers is eager to swallow this shit and defend it, no matter how bad it gets.

I think I need to pick up a new hobby like /out/ or something.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.