[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/muv/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: RB_Rivals_-_Twitter.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RB_Rivals_-_Twitter.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Is the Rock Band Rivals box set a good deal for $100? Is Rock Band/Guitar Hero still a thing?
>>
No. Rockband 4 is fucking awful. The entire setlist, Rivals content included, is pure trash. To make matters worse, the way DLC works on the PS4 version is straight up broken and you won't be able to access songs you've purchased without jumping through a hoops.

It's straight up trash.

I had a friend who used to work for Harmonix, and apparently it's a cluster fuck over there due to mismanagement and lack of money.
>>
>>383702353

>you won't be able to access songs you've purchased without jumping through a hoops.

What the fuck?
>>
>>383702096
2 was the peak for RB and 5 was the peak for GH.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>383702540
Yeah, the music library system is straight broken and will not recognize the content you've purchased unless you do some stupid arbitrary bullshit. I forget the specifics though.

The PS4 version in general is a mess with tons of glitches, apparently the XBone version is better though.

My friend was let go ages ago, so I can't confirm whether it's been fixed.
>>
>>383702096
I've enjoyed my time with it since I had a massive catalog of DLC songs from the old days to play. Keep in mind, I bought the Xbone version.

The biggest issue with the box set is that you have a very high probability of your drum set being shit. Many players report that the PDP drums from the box sets are defective and mine were no different. I managed to get mine replaced, but it took a month and a half. The guitar also isn't as good as the MadCatz one due to strum sensors.
>>
>>383702732

Rock Band 3 is better than Rock Band 2 in every way, especially when you factor in that it can play every song available in RB2. It's the best game Harmonix had put out, and had a ton of mechanical improvements on top of adding in a bunch of good features from other titles like Harmonies and new features like Keyboard/Pro Instruments.

The problem is that nobody bought it, because Guitar Hero destroyed the market by pumping out like 10 games a year.
>>
>>383703000

oh fuck. i'm considering buying a band set here in the US because its cheaper here. ill probably get fucked if i get a defective peripheral
>>
Do the older rock bands exist on the PS4's store?
>>
File: 2602012-1601714190-origi.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2602012-1601714190-origi.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
Whatever happened to this guy.
>>
>>383703459
If you have the time and patience to deal with PDP's customer support, they'll likely send you a decent set if you get cucked with the box set.

Honestly though, the best option for drums is to either use a legacy adapter and use your old RB2 kit or buy a MIDI adapter and a cheap e-kit.
>>
I mean, I enjoyed Rock Band 4 for what it was. Most of my DLC from the 360 transferred over to the Xbox One, along with the on-disc setlists for the first three games, minus the few songs that didn't transfer over from game to game to begin with. The game isn't an eyesore to look at and doesn't randomly slow down like RB3 did on the 360.

Rock Band 3 is still an inherently better game and platform to play on, it's just stuck on the 360/PS3 permanently. Maybe if Harmonix wasn't a bunch of retards that tried to fund Rock Band PC with Fig, we'd have a Steam version of RB4 and custom songs already.
>>
>>383702732
RB3 was great with keys and the I introduction of Pro Drums was also good.
>>
>>383702732
GDRB was the peak
>>
>>383702096
>Rock Band Rivals box set a good deal for $100
WHERE

also it's worth it if you're on Xbox One and had all your old imports and DLC. Still fun and they're releasing new stuff
>>
>playing fake guitar when rocksmith CDLC exists
>>
>>383705829

every gamestop ever anon
>>
>>383704182
>legacy adapter

they cost $60 on ebay and are easily fried
>>
File: gh2.jpg (85KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
gh2.jpg
85KB, 640x906px
>>383702732
2 was the peak for both.
>>
>>383705895
I'll have to take a look, my adapter broke and I'm just gonna buy a new set of instruments eventually, but the sets are going for at least $160 on ebay.
>>
File: 1472174203801.jpg (146KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1472174203801.jpg
146KB, 640x1136px
>like GHlive for the TV mode
>the on disc set list is shit
>mfw
>>383702353
I can say that the DLC works well on Xbox.
>>
>>383706069

is this Paramore?
>>
File: 1479930385420.jpg (62KB, 200x288px) Image search: [Google]
1479930385420.jpg
62KB, 200x288px
>>383706069
That was not the image I wanted to post.
>>
>>383706069
According to my friend, the team working on bugfixes for the Xbone version of the game was far more competent and it's by far the superior experience.
>>
>>383706157
Charli XCX.
>>383706227
Wasn't the Xbox the lead platform for it anyways?
>>
>>383706157
drums say Charli XCX
>>
>>383706278
I'm not sure.

Apparently a lot of the issues with DLC on the Playstation version have to do with how backwards ass Sony's online store is though.
>>
>>383706416
>backwards ass Sony's online store
Gotta love how they've assfucked themselves but can somehow do no wrong with people. It's gone down like, 7 times this year so far.
>>
What about Guitar Hero Live?
>>
>>383707542
it's fun but no support for legacy stuff at all

also you have to learn how to play all over again because the buttons are different
>>
>>383708329

that blows
>>
>>383710123
yeah instead of

1-2-3-4-6

the buttons are

1-2-3
4-5-6

it's still fun but it's kind of a chore to relearn. Goes for super cheap though
>>
>>383710387
1-2-3-4-5, I mean, obviously
>>
File: Rocksmith.jpg (36KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
Rocksmith.jpg
36KB, 630x354px
>>383702096
Be honest with yourself, only you can answer this question.

Do you still have friends over to play videogames? If the answer is no, you know in your heart, theres no reason to get Rock Band 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHarbdRj5Q
>>
I got RB4 Rivals bundle with Guitar for $40 last year during Black Friday at Walmart since I had all the previous games on PS3 I ended up having like 500 songs right off the bat it was really nice.

I dont know what people are complaining about with the DLC. I havent had any problems with it
>>
>>383711095
Hey I'll give you a reason; I don't give a FUCK about learning how to play the guitar, I want to have fun with plastic instruments. I don't want to be a fucking EDM DJ but I still like DJ Max, DJ Hero and Beatmania.
>>
Rock Band 4 is okay, I don't know why most of people are complaining here but by now almost all the previous DLC is avalilable on PS4. The setlist is not as mainstream as it used to be on previous games but it has good songs. There was a lot of less content on launch but by now, with the Rivlas stuff, there's plenty to do and DLC still comes out weekly, they're even recycling the best songs from previous games so they aren't trapped on the PS3 forever.

The only thing I hate is how they fucking chart keyboards on guitar now. It sounds so unnatural and fake at times.

>>383702732
Rock Band 3 was the peak of the RB franchise. I was playing 2 the other day and it feels so outdated. Not to mention the graphics look like crap. RB3 on the other hand, feels better than even RB4. And having all the songs from 2 on 3 pretty much made me wonder why did I even bothered to play 2 again at all.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.