[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave World of Warcraft to me!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 2874191-wildstar.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
2874191-wildstar.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
Leave World of Warcraft to me!
>>
>>383700759
its a better game overall, blizzard knew it and made some publicity tricks to destroy wildstar, like throwing wow unfinished expansion 1 year sooner, on the same day as wildstar release

also wildstar studio were ex-blizzard, so obviously blizz had some nasty shit for them

blizz stopped making good games years ago, theyre focused on the business part
>>
is this WoW's Overwatch?
>>
>>383700759

I wish things had turned out better for this game. Seemed like it could have been really good.
>>
>>383700759
How has this game not been shut down yet? The playerbase has got to be like less than 500 at this point.
>>
>>383701268
*Battleborn
>>
>>383701268
It's the Wildstar of MMOs
>>
File: warplots.jpg (1MB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
warplots.jpg
1MB, 1900x1200px
WildStar could've been a serious contender, but unfortunately, the stymied launch strangled the baby in its crib, and it's never fully recovered. Even after its relatively successful jump to F2P and arrival on Steam, it's still pulling modest numbers. It's a crying shame, and I would hate to see the IP go to waste.

>>383701439
The game is basically being run by a skeleton crew at this point that is still somehow pumping out content, albeit at a slow pace. It's only relatively recently that they fully released the game's THIRD raid.
>>
>>383700759
DUDE!!!!!! FOR SCIENCE!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!
Fuck off with this cancer shit.
>>
File: 1473790965299.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473790965299.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
How many years until we get a good MMO?
>>
>>383702061
Overall, the genre is in a rut right now, trying to find the next big breakthrough that invigorates everyone.
>>
>>383702061
Pantheon
>>
>>383702187
>>383702061

Never. MMOs are dead.

The wonder used to be a new experience with people online; something that was limited at the time.
It was possible to be surprised by areas/content, to form relationships and friendships with people through gameplay and to generally treat it as a "world" full of other people.

With the introduction of datamining and instant-information, the wonder is gone.
The combat is heavily, heavily, heavily outdated and everyone is used to it and bored of it, or if they aren't bored of it they find 0 challenge in it anymore.

It isn't about meeting people and discovering things, it's about hitting the endgame.

There is no more "wow look at your awesome armour, where did you get it?" which would lead to a story about what quest or monster he had to overcome, now it's all available on countless wikis.

MMOs are dead and have been for a while now. People buy them because they enjoy grinding or ERPing.
>>
>>383702187

Crowfall looks like it might be good, and apparently the Dark Age of Camelot guy is working on a new project-Camelot Unchained, I think it's called?
>>
File: stormblood killing legion.jpg (106KB, 411x667px) Image search: [Google]
stormblood killing legion.jpg
106KB, 411x667px
>>383700759
Leave Legion to me.
>>
>>383702464
good post
I agree 100%
>>
>>383700759
I wish this game had traditional tab target combat. their 'action' combat was absolutely atrocious but everything else was fucking great
>>
>>383702608
>leaving out the number of people who reviewed the game
Well memed lad
>>
>>383700759
>You Think You Want To But You Don't: The Game
Embarrasing.
>>
>>383703008
doesn't change the fact that stormbloods user score is higher than legion. public opinion > "professional reviewer" opinion
>>
>>383700759
i still likve the world avery much character are fun , combat is fun but quests are too oldschool
aloso Music its Super
>>
If you are ever wondering why mmorpgs will never be fun again, just browse 4chins some more. Emotionally stunted autismos who think games like dota are the pinnacle of skill cannot and will not allow other people to just have fun in a shared online setting
>>
>>383703208
The music is so good, holy shit.
https://soundcloud.com/wildstar/legend-of-the-blue-horizon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmCejcRzXYk
>>
>>383702061
Wait for WoW 2 to cause a brief renaissance like SC2 did for RTS before it all crashes down again in 5 years
>>
>>383703160
Subscriber count > public opinion > "professional reviewer" opinion
>>
>>383704653
>Subscriber count

You do realize that the "Subscriber" count that blizzard used to give includes Chinese subs? In china you don't buy calendar time, you buy in game time. So if you have $0.50 of time left on your account and quit the game you are still an ACTIVE subscriber.

This is the reason Activation stopped reporting subscriber counts in their shareholder meetings, they knew the numbers were being skewed by dead accounts in Asia and the investors got pissed at Blizzard lying.
>>
>>383701526
You mean Dark Soul of MMOs
>>
>>383703701
5 years of golden WoW renaissance would be okay with me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.