[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would /v/ ever go to a vidya bar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: Toronto Vidya Bar.jpg (75KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
Toronto Vidya Bar.jpg
75KB, 750x742px
Would /v/ ever go to a vidya bar?
>>
I'd like too but it's probably expensive as fuck.
>>
>>383700305
been to one and it was shit.

theres weird laws in my region about having gaming and alcohol in the same place in regards to gambling licences.
>>
>>383700305
>>383700442
What's the point of a gamer bar? there would only be dudes or fugly wales
>>
Only if it was full with people like in the top left, and not the bottom left.

So no.
>>
I don't want to hangout with """gamers"""
>>
I go to one every few weeks, but it only has old arcade cabs and some Raspberry Pis set up for NES/SNES/Genesis games.

It's pretty great and they update their machines fairly regularly. Playing 4-man NFL Blitz was fantastic after a few drinks.
>>
>>383700305
I've been here, its called power up bar and is in Toronto. Its for normies.
>>
No. The only games my friends and I play drunk are Mario party. It never ends well.
>>
>>383700746
Whereabouts?
>>
I just sit home and drink cheap whisky. I occasionally even may play a video game.

All my friends have moved or started families.

I'm finished.
>>
i'd go to a vidya coffee shop with weed dude lmao
>>
>>383700629
>What's the point of a gamer bar?
to hemorrhage money until the owner goes bankrupt
>>
I go to one relatively frequently, it's pretty okay.

Ground floor bar and board games and tables, downstairs consoles of a bunch of different kinds. Fun place.
>>
>>383700305
We got an arcade bar that's really great here. I'm moving to Manhattan soon, I bet there'll be something like this there. Would love to meet some of you assholes
>>
Already been to one. Each table has its own console and you rent different games which you can play for as long as you like assuming you at least buy a drink. A bunch of free arcade games too.
>>
Yes! I cant rent games anymore so any option that would let me try them would be good. Like do I pay to play the game for so much time? I'd like to try RE7
>>
Dave and Busters is pretty alright. The one near me has a DDR-A machine. Wish they'd fix their Daytona Racing machines but whatever.
>>
>>383700682
>I don't want to hangout with """gamers"""
this
i play vidya so i DON'T have to interact with people
>>
>>383700305
On one hand I do because there's a high chance of meeting people I share interests with.

But on the other it's gonna be saturated with cringey neckbeards that can't dress themselves.
>>
>>383700305
I have. For the first few weeks of opening, it was pretty fun and legit. A few months later though, it was filled with retards drinking PBR and demanding twitch streams on the tvs so they could pretend they knew anything about video games.
>>
File: geek.png (182KB, 517x686px) Image search: [Google]
geek.png
182KB, 517x686px
>a new arcade/gaming themed bar that opened up in my city is hosting a singles night next week

Should I go and find my player 2? :^)
>>
>>383700827
It's on Wellington St East, however Raiders is a way better esports bar it just isn't downtown.

d-did you want t-to go together anon?
>>
>>383701079
Yes, for the inevitable video game tournament to determine which male gets to go out with the single female that shows up
>>
I went to a barcade weekend before last and met a girl that became my gf

Even now there is hope for man
>>
>>383701148
Thanks man but i work downtown and im trying to avoid the area like the plague whenever im not working. Fuck being a security guard tbhfam
>>
>>383700731
>Raspberry Pis set up for NES/SNES/Genesis games.
That's piracy though. Suprised they got the balls to do it. I tried getting my pi to do the same but it boots once and then never again after shutting it off until I wipe the SD card and put retro pi back on it. Have no idea what's wrong.
>>
>>383701154
I wish this was a real thing, sounds hilarious.
>>
>>383701287
I live downtown and it is truly suffering
>>
>>383700873
oh, so money laundering
>>
>>383701323
>hello officer, I'd like to report a crime
>the proprietor of this bar is illegally emulating 30 year old videogames
>>
>>383701323

To be fair, it's a pretty rinky-dink operation built off the side of some concert venue in a cheap section of town, plus the Retro Pis are freeplay, so it's not like the owner is making any money from them beyond people sticking around to buy more drinks/food.

It'll probably become a problem if they get bigger and more popular, but for now they're safe.
>>
>>383700305
Absolutely not.
>>
>>383701592
Nintendo is a BITCH about that shit
>>
>>383700305
Of course not. I don't go to bars, or out for that matter.
>>
I hate Canada with a burning passion.
>>
>>383701323
>I tried getting my pi to do the same but it boots once and then never again after shutting it off until I wipe the SD card and put retro pi back on it. Have no idea what's wrong.

Anyone got advice for this?
>>
fuck no, it would be a complete sausage fest and the only girls, if there would be any that show up, would be with their boyfriend, which would just be like a group of 4 guys with 1 girl and never any groups of single girls.

But hey, it is already like that at every single local bar in my area. Just a bunch of lonely guys of any legal drinking age and couples in their 40s and 50s.
>>
>>383700305
Wheres the people screaming at eachother? This aint a vidya bar, going out to play vidya with friends usually ends up with bantz and having fun, these guys look like theyre there more for the drinks rather than games
>>
>expecting /v/ to ever want to leave their house away from 4chan
>expecting /v/ to be old enough to get into a bar
>expecting /v/ to actively want to go to a place to play video games (something they hate)

No, anon. /v/ would never go to a video games bar.
>>
>>383700890
NYC fag here Barcade on 23rd and St Marks are badass. Drinks are expensive but the games are good.
>>
>>383701185
You've known her two weeks, she's not your girlfriend
>>
>>383700305
Been to vidya bars on 3 types of occasions:
1. There's a gaming/esport event and people gather to watch some games and drink beer. It's pretty chill, since it's mostly people who know eachother, and we pretty much have the whole place to ourselves.
2. Normal "let's go to a pub" thing, except it's a vidya bar. Most people keep to themselves, except for attention whores who see easy nerd targets and waitresses who get hit on a lot by nerd because if you work in a vidya bar, you must be a vidya wife material, right?(protip: wrong). Pretty funny stories with shutting down dumb cunts, though.
3. Promotional events/corpo meetings/esports talk shows/etc, but in a vidya bar. Boring as usual for the first part, heavy drinking for the second part.
>>
>>383702417

videogames are literally normalfag material nowadays, stop living in the 90s grandpa
>>
>>383700305
Didn't Zeropunctuation own a gaymer bar in ausfalia and it bombed horribly, leaving him homeless?
>>
>>383700616
I don't see how videogames pertain to gambling at all, unless they're coin operated.
>>
>>383700305
Does something like this exist?

>>383702417
>fuck no, it would be a complete sausage fest and the only girls, if there would be any that show up, would be with their boyfriend, which would just be like a group of 4 guys with 1 girl and never any groups of single girls.
>implying that's not a good thing (no or little girls when you're meeting with people to play and discuss games)
>>
Is there such a thing as a gamer bathhouse? I picture people playing nintendos in a sauna with their bros after a rough game of handball.
>>
File: 1489609185219.gif (4KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
1489609185219.gif
4KB, 200x260px
>>383700305
As long as there are dive bars for me to frequent, no. I'd rather drink alone than hang out with the crowd a place like that attracts.
>>
>>383702417
>never any groups of single girls.
had some groups of girls in a vidya bar. most of them were really fucking dumb though, so at least shooting the shit went flawlessly, like convincing them my mate was on tv
>>
>>383702728
What do the games cost?
>>
Wouldn't be surprised if a place like this has a sign at the door saying "We reserve the right to ask people to leave if their smell bother other people" or something similar.
>>
File: 1471821603055.png (372KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1471821603055.png
372KB, 525x525px
>Go to local barcade
>It's packed and filled with normie college kids
>Only playing the lightgun and sports games
>>
>>383703715
If you'd rather drink alone then why go to a bar at all? Just buy a bottle and some ammo.
>>
>>383704287
Some bars is not unusual to see people going there by themselves and then start a convo with someone else, then its piss easy to take them back to your place.
>>
No

I've been to a few and they were awful. Constantly ran events like viewing parties for Game of Thrones and The Walking dead attracting all of the Funko-Pop buying faggot normies.

Not to mention the drinks were easily three times as expensive as at any other bar. If you wanna drink and play videogames do it at home/someones house
>>
>>383704462
They're called prostitutes and you don't need to go to a bar to find them.
>>
>>383700305
Why not make it proper arcade that serves beer? Having a couple drinks and driving in some arcade game or shooting up some zombies in house of the dead would be a right laugh.
>>
>>383704624
Arcades are expensive enough to maintain without drunk retards breaking shit
>>
>>383700305
There's on in San Jose, CA and somewhere in Washington and it's kinda nice since it has consoles and an area for PCs.
>>
>>383704049
25-50 cents
>>
>>383700305
sure, why not
as long as it's not more expensive because LMAO GIMMICK and also not cringy shit
>>
File: 1477355739180.jpg (39KB, 421x472px) Image search: [Google]
1477355739180.jpg
39KB, 421x472px
>>383704287
That's not what I'm saying, at least not exactly. I'm saying that if some EPIC gamer bar was my only choice I'd resort to drinking on my own. The bars I go to might be shitty but at least the crowd is a lot more tolerable.
>>
>>383704168
>Only playing the lightgun and sports games
Let them have their fun. Most college kids won't have CRTs and their only reference for lightgun games is likely motion-controlled shit on Wii/PS3.
Great lightgun games like Point Blank, Time Crisis, Virtua Cop 2, HOTD2, etc. probably blow their minds.
>>
>>383704762

Funny you say that, because most of the barcades I've seen are in better condition than most arcades in the heyday ever were, mostly because the sale of alcohol more than covers the cost of maintenance.
>>
File: lo-mejor.jpg (53KB, 491x450px) Image search: [Google]
lo-mejor.jpg
53KB, 491x450px
In my country there is a vidya themed bar, every drink and meal is themed around videogames.
Also, you can play on a lot of consoles like N64, PS4, etc.

I've gone there with friends and it's fun. The waitresses are usually cute too.
>>
>>383704830
Thats right down the street from SJSU! I havn't been yet, but I want to.
>>
>>383702417
Don’t forget the single girls going to be showered with attention and free drinks
>>
Aren't there like copyright laws in place that make running and advertising these bars virtually illegal?
>>
>>383707119

Advertising might be, at least if the barcade is only running cabinets running MAME emulators or other pirated games, but if they're using consoles or legitimate arcade cabs then there's no legal restrictions other than maybe outright gambling without proper licensing.
>>
>>383700305
Depends on the price of the beer.

It's probably the most fucking expensive beer you can get in the region the bar is located, so no.
>>
File: 1495709731761.jpg (38KB, 556x610px) Image search: [Google]
1495709731761.jpg
38KB, 556x610px
>>383700305
>mfw the normies in my group want to try going to the exact fucking bar in OP's pic
>>
Nah, but we do have a tabletop bar that's pretty fun to go to.

Tabletop games lend themselves better to bars , I think. Since you can just kind of set them down whenever and talk, and pick them right back up. With vidya there's usually a bit more time before you can safely set down the game.
>>
not with canadians
>>
>>383700305
i went to one once, it was pretty much a normal bar but with a bunch of free pinball machines and a ps4/wiiu set up in the back with smash going
>>
File: 2857656-6435889574-bierc.jpg (93KB, 858x429px) Image search: [Google]
2857656-6435889574-bierc.jpg
93KB, 858x429px
I went to one once and it was pretty fun to get drunk and play video games. They had everything from Nes, Snes to arcades of all sorts like Street Fighter X Tekken and all that. But this place shut down a couple of years ago due to not making enough money even tho it was always packed with locals and tourists.
>>
Might at least once if there was one here. But then again it doesn't sound such a good idea.

Beer on controllers, screens broken.
>>
>people bitching because there would be girls at a vidya bar
Literally hopeless
>>
>>383700616
You talking about EXP in Vancouver? Ya our drinking laws are shit here
>>
>>383700305
Ive gone to one when visting my buddies in Ottawa

We went for a trivia night. And me and my friend finished Streets of Rage 2 in one sitting. Fun but something I wouldn't see myself doing all the time.
>>
>>383700305
I only go to pubs, and I only go to pubs to get rat assed as fast as possible, I would not want to hang out with a bunch of chink and Canadian (ie chink) neckbeards at some plastic neon blue lit fuckhole
>>
Live in a 3rd world. Might open one someday full of mame/rpis.
>>
>>383700305
The gayest shit I've seen all week. This could only happen in Canada, what a bunch of fucking nu-male faggots. Public use controllers? Only women in the establishment are fat or 5/10s who probably think that they're 8's easily.
>>
>>383700827
Power up bar in Toronto you fucking idiot. Are you not capable of googling an address?
>>
>>383700652
So a gay gaming bar?
That sounds really niche.
>>
>>383701185
>known her 2 weeks
>she's my f2f lol

She's taking other dick retard.
>>
>>383700305
Only if it was an ass bar
>>
Would you go to a dragon dildo bar?
>>
>>383710863
>only go to pubs to get rat assed as fast as possible

Why lie to yourself? If that were your sole reason you'd be buying cheap booze from the store and drinking it at home instead of wasting money at a pub.
>>
I'd go, enter, never speak to anyone, walk around the wall for a while and watch everyone else, convince myself its boring, and leave without touching a single controller.

Just like my first school dance.
>>
>>383713260
If those controllers were dragon dildos ,would you leave?
>>
>>383713538

Yes. Although if it were dragon dildos, I question why I would be there at all.
>>
>>383705719
Imagine being a waitress at a fucking videogame bar... Probably couldn't go more than an hour between autismos dumping spaghetti all over you, but the tips would be amazing.
>>
>>383700305
Probably not
If I go to a bar, it's a dive bar where I'm likely to get stabbed because I refuse to pay more than $6 for a beer
>>
>>383700305
drinking is public is lame.
>>
>>383713820
The place would need state of the art air filtering cleaning and removal tech
>>
>>383700305
Nope. I'm an anxiety ridden shutin who doesn't like being around people. And I don't care for alcohol anyway.
>>
I've been to a Barcraft spot. Pretty shit, rather go to my local spot.
>>
no, bars are a rip off. for the price of two or three drinks I can buy an entire bottle of vodka. plus you can just invite your mates to your place and dont have to worry about driving drunk or kicked out if you get plastered.
>>
I've been to one in Osaka. It was pretty cool, although you'd only really enjoy it if there was 2 - 4 of you and you liked Nintendo consoles. Quite a lot of women there, which I didn't really expect but they were actually playing the games either by themselves or in twos.

The cover was pretty expensive, but the drinks were free. We only went for an hour though while we waited for another bar to open and they gave us a refund because we didn't drink that much there.
>>
No, I've been to a few, and they are as pathetic as you would expect.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.