[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you turn Digimon games into Pokemon level phenomenons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 451
Thread images: 128

File: Digimongamus.jpg (59KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
Digimongamus.jpg
59KB, 500x495px
How do you turn Digimon games into Pokemon level phenomenons?
>>
by promoting more the monsters rather than your anime trash waifus.
>>
>>383700005
by going back to 1997 when the keychains released
>>
File: 1480902788144.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480902788144.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I think the idea of digimons and their evolution is too complex for children. They also lack the budget to make better games. The current ones are very niche, but if you're into them you'll probably appreciate them.
>>
>>383700005
by pandering to casuals
>>
>>383701452
next order seems casualized enough for anyone to play it, evolutions are easy to follow, battle isn't complicated. I think people just like to pick sides instead of expanding their taste
>>
>>383701878
Just compare the evolution system with pokemon. In pokemon you need the reach a certain level and your pokemon evolves. In next order you have to train specific stats, those stats are hidden until you reach a certain point, if you fuck up you can eventually get locked out of your desired evolution path, every digimon has like up to 4 different evolutions at almost every stage, until you can block out certain evolution paths you have little control over which one you get. I loved the digimon anime as a kid and I always wanted an angemon in digimon world but I got the shit eating thing instead. If I was a kid and would play next order instead I'd still have a really hard time to get one.
>>
File: Numemon.png (321KB, 753x496px) Image search: [Google]
Numemon.png
321KB, 753x496px
>>383700005
>>
>>383702138
next order unlocks you hints in what you get depending on your stats, is not as random or hidden like it was in DW1. Also your digimon dies and reborn so you can always try and get it the next time
>>
Can you romance the redhead tittie monster in Cyber Sleuth?
>>
>>383700005
You can't, without being called a copycat, even though Digimon predates Pokémon in Japan, but Pokémon got to the states sooner.
>>
>>383702520
But even then the hints you unlock seem completely random. I remember I wanted a dianamon as one of my first digimon and I had the stats that were shown to me but I couldn't get it. Later when I tried again I had that guy unlocked who can uncover the stats required if you trade him evolution stones and I saw that I needed like 20 or 25k MP which was out of my reach at that point.
>>
>>383702138
I played digimon world as a child and even though i can't count how often i got fucking tyrannomon I still had my fair share of fun with it and got many different mons without guides and often had a good idea how to get them again. I doubt kids today are more stupid than I was. Probably only less patient.
But fuck monochromons shop, i never managed that shit.

>>383702520
>next order unlocks you hints
That's neat, but they don't show up right away like in cyber slut? Guess I have to play that some time soon. forgot it already released.
>>
>>383701015
but what if the monsters ARE anime trash waifus?
>>
File: 32999019_p0.jpg (257KB, 760x796px) Image search: [Google]
32999019_p0.jpg
257KB, 760x796px
>>383700005
Make a world around battling in friendly environments, where you have a linear goal of beating various "leaders" to get into the main championship before the final finale! uplifting. funny. charming.

Pokemon was a perfect storm of everything, both games, marketing, anime, products, they had everything all at once to make it what it is. digimon did not, mediocre everywhere. bland worlds with boring "evil" enemy attempting to destroy the world being the focus (unlike pokemon where becoming a poke master was the main focus, or catching them all". the anime had mixed reactions, both for kids but then having mature slice of life shit sprinkled in the boring between boring cheesey jokes and slow fighting scenes. Pokemon appealed towards kids, digimon was all over the place, no identity.

They have the designs decently enough now, just fucking make a simple plot/story with nice turn based combat with a simple evolutionary path and ride off into the green $$$
>>
by trying not to make any shit games but they never got the memo
>>
>>383702936
Basically when you make your digimon happy you have one random digivolution digivolution stat requirement get revealed. That being said it can be an entirely irrelevant stat that can just be -

The game also lets you disable specific evolutions later especially when you start meeting the requirements for everything or want to get a specific digimon that has stupid high stat requirements without accidentally evolving into something else
>>
Unfortunately you cant, pokemon has normie appeal

That's why pokemon games keep gettin worse
And digimon games only get better or at least stay decent
>>
>>383700005
With blood.
>>
>>383700005
Change the name to something without "Mon" in the title.

It will forever live in the shadow of Pokemon, because retarded normalfags assume that it's a Pokemon knockoff that exists only to cash in the craze it caused back in the 90's.
>>
>>383700005
Oops pic.
>>
>>383703139
And don't even get started with the games and mons, like pick up any pokemon game and choose any pokemon, you know what you're getting and what's evolving into what. With Digimon the gameplay is up in the air and this digimon evolved into this guy or this guy or that bitch or that motherucker depending on the game or nothing at all!
>>
>>383702980
that's a different thing. I porefer monster being anime trash waifus than protagonist. Also they should hire a different artist. for the chosen children design
>>
>>383702574
>>383702574
>>
Fuck this game, i always had the poop digimon and it always died of old age mid game

This game was my youth rage fuel nightmare
>>
>>383702936
>>383703286
Also the good news is generally you don't have to fulfill EVERY stat requirement

A digimon may have for example, 8 different stat requirements, but there's another stat that says how many need to be met, and it might be like, 4. "Key evolution" is another happenstance stat that basically means "if you're evolving from the 'canon' prevolution then it's a freebie requirement. Greymon's key evolution for example is Agumon and trying to go from Agumon to Greymon gets you a free stat requirement filled out that way.
>>
File: Gundramon.jpg (65KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Gundramon.jpg
65KB, 320x320px
>>383700005
Changing the monsters designers.
If something Pokémon has is brilliant ideas behind it's monster designs.
>>
>>383703635
Yeah is more tedious than fun.
>>
File: fla.gif (1MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
fla.gif
1MB, 384x288px
>>383700005
Consistency, for starters. Also more sexy dragons.
>>
>>383703693
Sounds like everything child me would have wanted in world before i had steady access to the internet.
Pretty nice.
>currently 50% reduced in the playstation store
God damnit, this whole thread is a ploy to make me buy the game, isn't it?
>>
Is Next Order good?
>>
>>383700005
>how do you turn a knockoff into the original
you don't
>>
>>383704018
Also despite there being difficulty levels the only thing that changes is the amount of stats you get from training/fights. Don't fall for the hard mode meme
>>
You don't
>>
>>383703431
normalfags are insufferable faggots in the end
>>
It's a lost cause when the biggest insult you can possibly give a Pokemon design is to say it looks like a Digimon.
>>
Was planning on getting New Order but wondering if people can tell me how the game works. Heard the mechanic is weird as fuck and doesn't explain itself well.
>>
>>383703851
>If something Pokémon has is brilliant ideas behind it's monster designs.
idk about that, people do complain a lot that pokemon nowadays don't look like pokemon anymore
>>
>>383704081
>he thinks digimon is a knockoff to pokemon
smells like summer already
>>
File: Just ice cream.jpg (17KB, 306x326px) Image search: [Google]
Just ice cream.jpg
17KB, 306x326px
Make more cute boys and digimons
>>
>>383704484
it does explain it to you at the very beginning.
You start with 2 digimon from the 8 eggs you can choose from. you will always have two digimon with you (for the possible jogress). You train them, feed them, take them to the restroom and make them fight. They evolve into a digimon if they met their requirements. at the end of every battle you can praise them or scold them, discipline is important too btw. The fight is not turn table, you gather points and when you get those points you can command them to attack, in mid battle you can make them change target or use item. Is really fun, and doesn't feel complicated despite having reading all this
>>
>>383704796
Do they 'die' at the same time?
Or can i somehow end up with one Mega and a In-Training which would mean train the new one which would mean the mega probably dies in the meantime which would mean frustration.
>>
>>383704571
>digimon virtual pets came out 1997
>pokemon red/green came out in 1996
i smell it too. quite pungent indeed.
>>
>>383704796
>requirements
What tends to be the requirements they ask for? Levels? Abilities?
>>
>>383704934
no, apparently each has their own life span, you will notice when they are about to die when they stop and moan for a while, when they die, you can choose the same egg or a different one this time. Sometimes you other digimon can last for a while so you can get both on the same level. I still haven't manage to find a way to keep them last longer but that isn't frustrating to me.

>>383705017
when they start to like you, they reveal a hint in their evolution tree and those reveals are which of the 3 possible digimon can evolve to and each one demands a specific points of certain stats,
>>
File: Next-Order-stats.png (487KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Next-Order-stats.png
487KB, 800x450px
>>383705017
Not every stat will have a requirement.

Most important is Key Points, which is how many of the other requirements you need to fulfill.

HP, MP, STR, STA, WIS and SPD are stats increased via training or otherwise.

Weight is modified with food. Needs to be above or below a certain value.
TF is training failures. Less is better in most cases, but some evolutions require you get enough training failures. These include not taking your digimon to the bathroom and having them shit themselves, or not going to bed when they're tired, or other shit like praising them when they get uppity.
Bonds is how well they get along with you. Be nice and it goes up
Victory is number of battles won.
the glasses are discipline. They need to be above or below a certain disciplinary value, which can be modified by scolding them when they get out of line.
Key Digi simply means if your digimon is currently the one it says, it's good. Typically it's the expected evolution, like the Key Digimon for the greymon line is Agumon->Greymon->Metalgreymon->Wargreymon
>>
>>383705554
Sounds weirdly complex. Will I be able to understand it without looking up a guide or should I have one open just in case?
>>
>>383705743
You won't need it most of the time anyways since you'll end up with megas no matter what.
>>
well it needs to stay consistent to their logo.(for western audience) They've been rebranding the logo a bunch of times which is common in japan but the west is too stupid to realize is the same one. Keep the mascot that is present at all time and no redraws like they did before where everyone look so cutesy and colorful. The appeal of digimon is their american comic style which constrast a lot with the pokemon art. They have to push that artwork back like they did with the tamagotchi. Bring the card game back but keeping the original layouts and not changing them. Digimon was almost very americanized in designs, but the west butcher it that it looks too dumb
>>
>>383704992
Digimon is a knockoff of Tamagotchi, not Pokemon, numbnuts. Having "-mon" in the title and releasing a year apart do not indicate relation.
>>
>>383705743
What's complex about it?

in the above picture, metalgreymon into Warygreymon requires 8 key points, which means 8 requirements fulfilled. There are 10 available, so you need to fulfill 8/10 of those.

In the picture, Strength is already above 2100 so that's already done. The Key Digimon is Metalgreymon so that's technically a freebie. So he needs to fulfill 6 more requirements, 4 of which can be fulfilled easily (Weight, Bonds, Victory and Discipline), and Training Failures should always be met by not sucking a taking care of your digimon.

Besides that you just need to train and get the stats up high enough.

that being said, your first couple go-arounds with your digimon will be almost entirely trial and error if you go in blind, and even then you might not be able to fulfill stats because your training gear isn't good enough. Later you'll start knowing what stats to fulfill, be able to meet those stats far more easily, and literally lock out evolutions you don't want.
>>
Question for Next Order
What causes my digimon to die in Adult form? what can I do to make them last longer? As far as I got was Perfect level. How can I extend the life span?
>>
>>383706309
Digimon just die of old age. This can be increased with trainer skills that increase your age limit further as they evolve, and also feeding them food that extends their lifespans.

End-game you can pretty much indefinitely postpone death from age
>>
File: nextorder.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nextorder.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Well, it's done.
>>
>>383702669
>>383700005
As a kid (elementary school) in 1999, it was widely believed and perceived that Digimon was an inferior knockoff to Pokémon. The designs and names weren't as good (everything ending in 'mon), and keep in mind this was long before later generations made more questionable designs.

>>383704486
Again, remember it was '99, and everyone believed Pokémon was a fad, there was no real reason to believe that there would be 700+ Pokémon in the future, and the later games didn't exist yet.
>>
>>383700005
Digimon went in the opposite direction of Pokemon where it constantly rebooted and reinvented itself.
>>
File: hkBh368.jpg (273KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
hkBh368.jpg
273KB, 960x1280px
>>383703635
>>383703963
Only toddlers commenting ITT?

Digimon World was an imperfect masterpiece. Pokemon are just games for kids.
It's sad that they never expanded on that first game and improved. But make Digimon like Pokemon? lol fuck you
>>
>>383700005

Literally throw away everything they did from Digimon World 2 onwards.

In its current state digimon is fucked and and long as they're making waifumon and not designing full evolution trees it won't even perform as well as fossil fighters(Nintendo's Turn based dinosaur game) let alone pokemon.
>>
>>383706456
I see, if I chose the same egg I won't get my child form digimon be as strong as an adult form, right?
In Cyber sleuth you can devolve your digimon to increase more stats and be stronger than their later forms
>>
>>383706798
You start inheriting higher stats (but not stupidly high right off the bat) as you continue with successive generations so it gets increasingly easier to meet stats.

This is kind of purposeful since some evolutions early on have ridiculous requirements that are in no way possible to achieve early on no matter how much you grind.
>>
File: 1494916502468.jpg (700KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1494916502468.jpg
700KB, 1200x1600px
>>383706769
>hating on waifumon
Pitiful furfag. Years of wallowing in degenerate fetishes left you unable to appreciate the human female form.
>>
Digimon needs to reshape the evolution tree. Virtual pets have some while videogames have others. Im not saying have one linear evolution but be consistent on what are the possible evolutions to this day. With so many digimon, is hard to have them all so they really need to think a way to do it, either take away unnecessary recolors or lower the polycounts.

Keep one type of battle system, i think cyber sleuth has a good one with the inherited moves in it, too.

type advantage/disadvantage should stay

change the design for the characters, not the digimon. The artist they using right now makes them too femboyish on the males and too flat on the girls, it needs a better looking design
>>
File: 1497906816187.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497906816187.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>383706546
Enjoy it, and don't give up too fast on the double digimon system, it actually has quite a few benefits especially when they are a few days apart.
>>
>>383703492
>With Digimon the gameplay is up in the air

Hasn't been like that for like 10 years
>>
File: 1453459997787.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1453459997787.png
260KB, 803x790px
Can you customise your character in Next Order?
>>
>>383708403
no, you can be the default boy or default girl
>>
>>383700005
desu I can't even look at this show without thinking about the 7 years I spent fapping to Renamon
>>
File: takuto-and-shiki.png (737KB, 1282x795px) Image search: [Google]
takuto-and-shiki.png
737KB, 1282x795px
>>383708445
Fuck, I dislike them both.
>>
-Consistency

Digivolution trees are constantly changing, and even the fucking digimon names change between games. There needs to be a Digimon bible that absolutely defines what evolves into what and what is called what

-Connectivity

All Digimon media is disconnected as fuck. Digimon Story and Digimon Tri are two completely different franchises basically. They should start putting characters from the games into the anime. Digimon needs to be one big franchise, not 4 small splintered ones
>>
scrap all the shitty designs and do it over from scratch.
>>
>>383708783
Digimon designs are fucking awesome tho
>>
>>383708783
Digimon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pokemon Design wise

Especially the new designs. Gen 1 and Gen 2 of Pokemon are mostly fine.
>>
>>383708639
don't forget Digimon Universe Appli Monster. The spinoff digimon series that is not entirely connected to digimon but they are digimon, still.
>>
>>383704081
>Pokemon invented monster catching games
SMT and DQ beat you by a couple of years you underage
>>
Like people have said already, they need to improve the linearity of the evolutionary lines, add a bigger roster with each game, make a simple but ambitious goal instead of the same horseshit "ancient evil has awakened/Yggdrasil has gone full retard". Demon Lords and world saving shenanigans should be post game content.

The rest is good though. Designs are good, lore is good, music is decent (could use some improvements here and there), but the grinding for X evolutions stats is just unbearable as fuck.

Basically, appeal to a wider audience instead of the digimon niche and keep everything else that is actually good the same way.
>>
>>383709170
Lol
>>
File: 1499055900400.jpg (24KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
1499055900400.jpg
24KB, 400x316px
I womtimes wonder what would it be like living in the timeline that digimon got immensely popular than pokemon
>>
>>383709995
It would be shit. Like Pokemon is now. Just like toddlers are suggesting what it should turn into.

It's good as it is. The games could need a little bit more budget, but that's it. Still better than everything suggested in this thread
>>
>>383709995

The digimon series was so mismanaged and Pokemon managed with such laser precision that I wouldn't be surprised if in a world where Digimon was the big success first, that Pokemon would still ultimately have managed to overtake it.
>>
File: 1482811902847.png (175KB, 348x514px) Image search: [Google]
1482811902847.png
175KB, 348x514px
>>383703470
I wish the anime followed the manga. Would be so much better.
>>
>>383710454
It doesn't help that Pokemon's art is much more palatable to western audiences than Digimon's anime-as-fuck art style.
>>
>>383710656
digimon style is more american comic style with their high contrast. Pokemon is the one that is more anime as fuck
>>
>>383701452
nigger as an adult digimon evolution still doesn't make much sense
its all over the place
>>
>>383702520
>Missing the point
You have to justify and the other anon has to explain the system, whereas pokemon is as simple as get enough points->evolve
Point proven digimon was too complicated for kids.
>>
>>383710774
>as an adult digimon evolution still doesn't make much sense
>as an adult
maybe you should go back to your pokemons
>>
>>383705998
>train and battle with these monsters that evolve
>exactly one year after this other franchise
not only is it a knock off, it is the most shameless "deliberately confusing grandmas for christmas" kind of knock off.
>>
>>383710774
How does "gain more points in column A to get evolution A, gain more points in column B to get evolution B" not make sense?
>>
Oh shit, i didn't know yet they are making another one.
>>
File: 1429895543160.gif (3MB, 386x232px) Image search: [Google]
1429895543160.gif
3MB, 386x232px
>>383710903
>pokefags whining that people prefer digimon over pokemon
don't you autsists have a board for your children's game already? How pathetic you have to come here to shit on another franchise just because is too "confusing"
>>
>>383708208
>quite a few benefits especially when they are a few days apart
Only benefit I can think of is bullying WereGarurumon (Black).
>>
Cyber Sleuth and Next Order are both in the EU PSN weebshit sale. Either worth buying?
>>
>>383711537
>Cyber Sleuth
JRPG with monster raising elements mixed with Persona
>and Next Order
They are like the World games on the PS1

Take those descriptions as you will
>>
>>383711491
The younger one gets a huge boost from training.
>>
>>383711537
Both are good games. It'll give you a taste of both sides of Digimon games.
>>
Can Digimon get big now that it's being managed consistently and properly?
>>
>>383711042
Because a rookie like Guilmon can transform into eleven different champions in some games. You need a literal map to plan for certain ultimates.
>>
>>383708208
Do they still call omnimon "omegamon?"
>>
>>383706769
Wat. DMW2 is the best game of the series
>>
>>383711995
Both. Digimon is still inconsistent as fuck with names for some reason
>>
File: 1343633090736.jpg (361KB, 1090x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1343633090736.jpg
361KB, 1090x1080px
>>383711262
Will it be worth it if I already platinumed the original Cyber Sleuth?
>>
>>383703851
>If something Pokémon has is brilliant ideas behind it's monster designs
Oh yes, because keys, a pile of goo, literally just different colored birds and bugs and a literal sword is "Brilliant monster designs". Though, i do agree digimon isn't much better.
>>
>>383711856
>You need a literal map to plan for certain ultimates.
you get that map, look, is ok if you don't understand digimon but don't shit about it if you don't know or never played the games

>>383712076
Digimon US is inconsistent, in cyber sleuth the Jogress is not called DNA Evolution but Digi-Fusion. Someone in that department really needs to make up their mind
>>
>>383712076
Which ones call him the obviously superior name?
I'll give it a shot
>>
>>383710767
What? Look at Next Order and tell me what about it isn't Japanese as fuck.
>>
>>383712127
It's an alternate story, think of it like an expansion pack since it has more mons
>>
>>383712327
digimon style as in the official artwork they do. The latest game are being too japanese, that I agree
>>
>>383703297
>digimon games only get better
Sure, that's why a PS1 game is still the best one.
>>
File: basketball.png (394KB, 487x641px) Image search: [Google]
basketball.png
394KB, 487x641px
>>383703470
did she die?
>>
>>383711403
>stating facts is whining
>people prefer digimon over pokemon
must have traveled to some bizarro universe.
>>
>>383712187
>you get that map, look, is ok if you don't understand digimon but don't shit about it if you don't know or never played the games.

Not him but the things digimon can or can't evolve to and from change from game to game.
>>
>>383712729
unfortunately no
>>
>>383706769
The turn-based shit is actually slightly more entertaining than the standard Digimon World's battle system. They're both shit, though. In the Digimon World games, tactics and strategy is basically limited to knowing when to use items. The battles are fucking easy as shit.

Raising Digimon is monotonous too, since the games' "training" is the most boring shit in the world.
>>
>>383709170
Nope. Digimon designs are clusterfucks with confusing evolution lines that make no sense at all.
>>
>>383700005
the problem i always had was that some digimon transform into other, the idea is good, but kinda confusing.
monster rancher fail to catch the idea of pokemon, they had monster fusion, and two monster race could fuse but, it was confusing.
pokemon is more simple, especially on the begining,
simple design, evolution (only 3), simple fight, simple element system, while digimon has weird shit, like lighthing (wtf is that).
yokai watch is shit.
>>
>>383712751
yeah, that is one of the things digimon has to work on and make it consistent in every future game. At least they are being generous to let you know what to do in order to evolve into the possible evolutions available

>>383712747
>stating facts
>durr is a knockoff
Pokemon is also a knockoff of SMT and DQ, adding something else doesn't make it original
>>
>>383700005
Is there a digimon game with all the digimon?
>>
Players of Digimon World will generally fall under one of three camps:
- Those who are intimidated by the game's design or find it unappealing and stop playing.
- Those who keep playing and even beat the game, but realize that the game is a monotonous grindfest that requires zero skill to beat.
- Those who don't mind the grind because the pay-off, raising your favorite Digimon, is worth it.
>>
>>383711262
Did they unveil a girl yet? can't have a cyber slut without the cyber slut
>>
File: fug.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
god damnit i wanted lopmon and terriermon.
>>
>>383706716
who dat semen demon?
>>
Is Cyber sleuth anygood? It calls to me for some reason.
>>
>>383715872
it is, but remember, not because it evolved means is already strong, devolving your digimon can be benefitial
>>
>>383700005

A time machine.
>>
What's a good digimon game for a pokemon shitter like myself to get into?
>>
>>383717386
Cyber Sleuth, and the upcoming Hacker's Memory. You'll just need to relearn everything you know about evolution. Also, if you ever need to grind get yourself 3 PlatinumSukamon. They multiply the exp you get and it stacks.

Also remember that level isn't that important. Don't panic when your digimon goes back to being level 1 after evolving, it's stats don't go down
>>
>>383712751
>digimon are data
>they absorb data to grow
>different locations have different digimon
>absorb foreign data
>gain different variations
That's what I go with.
>>
>>383718149
Should I get the PS4 version of CS? I have a Vita too but I barely use it.
>>
>>383717386
The Digimon Story games, Cyber sleuth being the most polished. Just consider Digimon evolution like a class system instead of something similar to Pokemon evolution and you're good.
>>
>>383718345
faster load times, higher resolution, and 60fps on PS4 but the actual game is the same between both versions
>>
>>383717386
>>383718473

Also play on easy if you're a pokemon guy. CS' easy mode is literally just pokemon difficulty.
>>
File: 1496136026581.png (453KB, 813x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496136026581.png
453KB, 813x480px
>>383711491
Stop bullying my husbando.
>>
>>383718815
me on the right
>>
>>383718473
>>383718554
>>383718649
Cool, thanks for telling me. Is Normal mode CS hard or something, cause I don't mind if it is. I just play Pokemon more than other monster collecting series like DQJoker since the East doesn't like to share most of its shit with the West/won't localize most of the stuff they make.
>>
>>383709345
Appmon did try to go for a fresh start to throw away all the chains of Digimon Adventure. Though from what I've heard the game wasn't that big of a success but the anime seems to be doing well enough for itself that it got moved from 7am to 9:30am halfway through its run.

It's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBXEtCD-V0
>>
>>383702574
No you cant. It isn't Persona
>>
>>383719278
it starts being a hit or miss. The protagonist isn't the courageous with flaws like previous ones did but hey Eri and Astral are the only things worth in this show
>>
>>383700005
Anyone here play DMO?

I just got a Mystimon thanks to login evoluters. Feels good.
>>
File: 1498990554438.jpg (133KB, 250x700px) Image search: [Google]
1498990554438.jpg
133KB, 250x700px
>>383719239
Question is if you want to spend more time grinding. Do you like getting your shit pushed in by twink dragons? If no, stick to Normal.
>>
>>383719239
Normal mode is pretty tough. You'll need to grind more because enemies will just rape you.

For just a jolly good time where you can use any Digimon you want, play easy
>>
>>383700005
by making better games on a wider variety of mainstream consoles
>>
File: battle1234.png (29KB, 798x448px) Image search: [Google]
battle1234.png
29KB, 798x448px
>>383709370

I'm working on a monster catching game and have started a group to share around more info about the unknown monster tamer games like DQM, Telefang, etc.

To me, trying only pokemon is not giving the genre a fair shake.

This is easily my favorite genre.
>>
File: 1476185077024.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476185077024.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383715762
Make sure you don't get this piece of shit because his only attack will cost more MP than you'll ever have when he's your first.
>>
File: Cloud's AI talk.jpg (378KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud's AI talk.jpg
378KB, 1280x2160px
>>383719536
If you didn't fall for the style in the first episodes getting to where it actually picks up itself is quite hard. In the first half there's maybe 6 or so episodes dedicated to something about the overall plot.

In the first half the only episodes that really matters are 10, 11, 12, 16, 19 and 22-25. And the overall first half can be entirely skipped by watching the recap episode they aired (episode 26) due to it getting the new time slot.

But for a Digimon show featuring a bit of mind break, body horror operations (mentioned.) and AI stuff, it's going okay. When it gets to that point.
>>
>>383720382
So did Appmon drop the monster of the week format? I actually liked the plot episodes but the constant filler bored me
>>
>>383720382
yeah im up to date with the series, im glad they are going serious and drop the running gags. The villain (Cloud) still not the best. I suspect Charismon being the true villain
>>
File: 1000115743_1 (1).jpg (406KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1000115743_1 (1).jpg
406KB, 1200x1200px
>>383720510
It stopped a little while into the second half. 33 onwards have been plot relevant. Just starting from episode 26 is perfectly fine if you weren't caught up, the recap covers all the important details.

>>383720535
Charismon is Globemon's match for God Grade so he can't really be that
>>
>>383720792
>Globemon
>when mentions globalization
I am sensing some communism propaganda or maybe I'm being paranoid. Then again Japanese throw english word because it sounds cool
>>
>>383704018
Do it anon, its fun.
>>
>>383720069
Is that Crown?
>>
>>383715984
I spent ages dicking about evolving and devolving my digimon at the beginning to try out all kinds of different digimon that the entire first half of the game was trivial because my digimon were too strong to ever lose, it was still a lot of fun though, also the female MC design is infinitely better than the male one in Cyber Sleuth.
>>
>>383721647
what I like about CS playing as a girl is that nothing changes. The entire game you play as a lesbian redhead that fistfight a nerd. I just hope the next game they don't add memespeak
>>
>>383722002
>The entire game you play as a lesbian redhead that fistfight a nerd
That fist fight surprised the shit out of me, femc doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>383722198
They were very lazy not to work an entire scene exclusively for the female choice but i forgive them because it was hilarious
>>
>>383700005
You don't. Digimon just sucks cock. And any monster catching or companion game can never hope to scratch a shadow of a fraction of the surface Pokemon has built.
>>
File: sorcermon.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sorcermon.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>383721358
Already did, shamamon just evolved. got 5 mons into the city. pretty nice so far.
Reminds me very much of digimon world.
>>
>>383700005

My 10 YO kid loves pokemon since he is like 10.
Two years ago he viewed some digimon episodes and I give him the first PSX games but wasnt too interestes m instead he was more into Yokai Watch.

This year he started to watch the show again and he is now really fanatic of the whole concept, but the games are inconsistent between them and mechanics dont have the flow or intuition of Pokemon / Yokai Watch.

In my opinion, digimon is a more weeb franchise. It conects with the kid in a specific age and situation. Pokemon and even Yokai Watch are more normie IP (even if the yokai concept is far more culturally difficult to relate) Digimon is weeb at core, even the games feels more niche.

Just bought him Cyber Sleuth, he like it.
>>
>>383722965
The whole world feels a bit small compared to the PS1 game. Maybe it's because I was younger and it took me ages to get anywhere. It's very nice that next order has some songs from the PS1 games though. It's really just like a giant nostalgia fest.
>>
>>383722854
Pokemon is shit tho
>>
>>383719593
Used to play it. Spent a buck or two whenever they had sales to buy evolution items for shit like VictoryGreymon. Haven't been on in a long while though.
>>
>>383713035
Did you seriously just ask what "lightning" was?

Because theres a goddamn electric type in Pokemon, moron.
>>
>>383700005
I don't know, Pokémon has an unique charm for me.
>>
File: 367834168670.png (7KB, 485x182px) Image search: [Google]
367834168670.png
7KB, 485x182px
>>383724220
Oh hey, free shit for going back.
http://dmo.gameking.com/News/EventView.aspx?page=1&idx=279
Here's hoping for something fun from the egg.
>>
File: 1487355229273.gif (2MB, 436x376px) Image search: [Google]
1487355229273.gif
2MB, 436x376px
>watched series as a kid
>barely remember anything
>puppetmon arc still makes me sad
I really miss digimons
>>
>>383724739
I got a Candlemon and a Betamon. Good luck. It's grindy as hell but still a good way to zone out.
>>
For people playing next order and who need some data here's the requirements for all the digimon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8HqrBiVhHreSTRKMNxeBu_eJwHRgiZkr08sV_nmaHY/edit
>>
File: GDMO 2017-07-12 22-19-57-27.jpg (44KB, 314x405px) Image search: [Google]
GDMO 2017-07-12 22-19-57-27.jpg
44KB, 314x405px
>>383725471
Thanks bro. Lucked out and got Gabumon.
Gonna try and get myself a lv5 Agumon to go with it for Omegamon.
>>
File: monFeed.gif (3MB, 791x446px) Image search: [Google]
monFeed.gif
3MB, 791x446px
>>383721398

Yes anon!

I'm really happy you've heard of it.
>>
File: 1497126208341.png (417KB, 800x955px) Image search: [Google]
1497126208341.png
417KB, 800x955px
More shota
>>
>>383703297
>digimon games only get better or at least stay decent
The World games were never good and manage to get worse.
>>
>>383726052
I believe in you. Ganbatte
>>
I feel like Digimon Story could take a leaf outta SMT's book. Instead of scanning Digimon, you recruit them, or get them to join you via side missions. Pulling off really hard side missions can net you more powerful partners.
>>
>>383726052
>get myself a lv5 Agumon
I hope you brought lots of time and unwavering determination.
>>
File: 1496932989234.jpg (164KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496932989234.jpg
164KB, 1600x1200px
>>383727536
Thanks, but I'm not sure I need to find another anymore. I'm sure that it used to be that you could only unlock Burst Mode or Jogress, but there's no mention of that on the wiki or the Jogress quest in-game. Did they change it so you can have both on one the same Digimon? Or was it always that way and my memory is more fucked than I thought?
>>
File: doubletrouble.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doubletrouble.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
>>383722965
fuck

>>383723193
yeah,the nostalgia hits pretty hard with this game.
>>
>>383728216
Not sure about Omnimon, but most BM modes require items. People sell them all the time in DATS 1. You might need to do some googling.

Would be interested to know, though. I want a Nefritimon.
>>
>>383700005
You can only have one digimon while you can have as many pokeyman as Bill's PC can carry.
>>
File: 1402616224428.jpg (267KB, 899x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1402616224428.jpg
267KB, 899x1158px
>>383728615
Yeah, my Agumon needed Dramon Breaker for his.
It seems to be letting me do the Jogress quests with the Agumon I unlocked BM on back before Omegamon was added, so things are looking promising.
Will post again once I complete them just in case it re-locks BM or something.
>>
>>383726384
Been checking your youtube every now and then to see if there's any updates (since there doesn't seem to be any other places to check for updates), because I was under the impression the game was close to being released but alas no info has been released in a while so I figured it was vaporware.

Any ETA on the release yet?
>>
File: 12525326437457575.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
12525326437457575.png
29KB, 633x758px
>/vp/ is laughing at us again
>>
>>383728216
>Did they change it so you can have both on one the same Digimon?
Yes.
>>
Hey /v/, post your digis. Either in game or ones you want.
>>
File: HerculesKabuterimon_b.jpg (51KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
HerculesKabuterimon_b.jpg
51KB, 320x320px
Herculeskabuterimon best digimon
>>
>>383729904
Nuh uh SkullGreymon, fag
>>
>>383729838
Another shitty picture. I want them to die so I can get new ones.
>>
>>383717386
Digimon world 2 tbqh. Slow start and weird random generated dungeon crawler but its really nice.its turn based like Pokemon and there are a ton of digimon to catch and DNA digivolve

Its an underrated game tbqh.
>>
File: 1498868072618.png (122KB, 460x344px) Image search: [Google]
1498868072618.png
122KB, 460x344px
>>383704992
>Shin Megami Tensei came out in 1992
>Pokemon came out years later
>>
>>383729305
Good luck, anon. I'll be farming for aquatic data and Salamon eggs soon.

I'm on the Omegamon server. Name Nananananana
>>
>>383729904
Not even the best Kabuterimon

it's MegaKabuterimon. Everything after just gets worse.

Blitzmon line is cool tho
>>
>>383700005

Go back in time to the 90s and convince Toei to make the anime earlier so it can get popular before Pokemon, which would be viewed as a blatant Digimon rip-off.

Also that Tai ends up with Sora and Matt is less of a shit.
>>
>>383710774
>as an adult I still can't make much sense of digimon evolution
>I'm an adult and digimon evolution still doesn't make much sense
>as an adult digimon evolution still doesn't make much sense
Two out of these three sentences make sense. One is gibberish. Which one do you think it is?
>>
>>383730237
Nah, let Sora go after Matt. Give Tai his own bitch or his sister
>>
>>383700005
I haven't played a pokemon game since silver but I'm confident this game is better than any pokemon game.
>>
I still wish they made a Dragon Quest Monsters game that played like 1 and 2. Joker sucks and I hate the size mechanic.
>>
>>383730305

What about a threesome with Sora, Kari, and Mimi?
>>
File: GDMO 2017-07-12 23-09-24-36.jpg (75KB, 361x637px) Image search: [Google]
GDMO 2017-07-12 23-09-24-36.jpg
75KB, 361x637px
>>383729671
Thanks for confirmation. Guess I won't need another 5/5 Agumon egg then; just gotta grind out Gabumon.

>>383729838
Here's my main. Guess Gabumon is going to be my second slot on a rather permanent basis. Will probably roll with Keramon as 3rd.

>>383730052
Thanks, and good luck to you too. I'm Tokiko on Leviamon.
>>
File: IMG_5891.jpg (49KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5891.jpg
49KB, 320x320px
Seriously, what the fuck is this?

What kind of beetle is this?
>>
>>383730479
Replace Mimi with Rika and Sora with Zoey and I'm all aboard.
>>
>>383730790
Nice to meet you, Tokiko.

I run PawnChessBlack/Candlemon/Betamon right now.

Protip: you get a free Flymon/Okuwagamon for doing the tutorial now, and a free Drimogemon if you do the blonde girl's quests by the hatcher in Yokohama area
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (44KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
44KB, 320x320px
Combat isn't fun enough, and acquiring the Digimon you want is often too complex.

In Pokemon, you want a Charizard, all you gotta do is bring your starter Charmander to lvl 36.
In Digimon, if you want a Skullgreymon, you gotta bring a DarkTyrannomon to lvl 42, have him 7,000 dark experience, and you must have befriended a Skullgreymon before. Or you can DNA evolve from a few different digimon at certain levels with certain dark experience and befriending a Skullgreymon before.

It's too difficult and complex to have fun.
>>
>>383730141
blue or red?
>>
>>383731842
Red, duh.
>>
File: gabumon_by_britishstarr-.png (821KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gabumon_by_britishstarr-.png
821KB, 1280x1024px
nothing can beat the cuteness of guilmon, gomamon and gabumon
>>
>>383730920
a god beetle
>>
File: IMG_5892.jpg (258KB, 554x764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5892.jpg
258KB, 554x764px
>>383732146
?
>>
>>383732275
they both have wings
>>
>>383732510
But where's the sun?
>>
>>383731707
But it can be simple though, although I like how I have to put in some effort for some Digimon. And yo if you want that banchou you just train that elecmon yo.
>>
>>383720069
Any way to get in on that group? I always love discovering new monster games.
>>
>>383732561
see that orange orb?
>>
>>383704018
What price was it?
>>
>>383732571
I want that bancho for other uses if you know what I mean
>>
Still hoping for a game that isn't absolut dogshit and prominently features x-antibody digimon.
>>
>>383732754
30€.
>>
File: 1376006583024.jpg (504KB, 1400x1923px) Image search: [Google]
1376006583024.jpg
504KB, 1400x1923px
>>383731707

At least it actually wants you to work as opposed to Pokemon that pretty much hands you everything.

No wonder the first Digimon World in 2000 didn't do well; it was way too complex for the kiddies who wanted something easy like Pokemon.

>YFW this ad was actually dead serious about it's difficulty.
>>
File: 1499278352034.jpg (97KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499278352034.jpg
97KB, 1280x800px
>>383732838
No, I don't follow.
>>
>>383731707
That isn't a real digimon is it?
>>
>>383733612
https://wikimon.net/Bancho_Leomon
>>
File: 1492643671813.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492643671813.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383733612
There's actually a bunch of them.
>>
File: Bearmon_b.jpg (54KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Bearmon_b.jpg
54KB, 320x320px
>>383733535
>those nipples
ffs who did this, cursemarked?

>>383733612
is BantyoLeomon (BanchoLeomon), is a possible evolution of Leomon and guess what? Also dies in the series he debuts

EVERYONE ITT POST YOUR ROOKIE (CHILD)

>>383733765
how do you increase bond?
>>
>>383733705
Awful. Frankly looks like something made on furaffinity.
>>
>>383733819
>ffs who did this, cursemarked?
Nailed it.
>>
>>383724345
its not the same, lighthing is action.
electric is element.
is like having charcoal element instead of fire or frozen element instead of ice, is stupid.
>>
>>383733840
digimon have many others who they'll make you say that.

>>383733959
ew, glad i didn't save it
>>
File: 1498134658206.jpg (539KB, 960x612px) Image search: [Google]
1498134658206.jpg
539KB, 960x612px
>>383733819
Usually by feeding them shit they like and having them fight together. Once you hit postgame the dimension district has someone who can raise it by a huge amount so it becomes relatively easy to max out.

>>383733840
Don't talk shit about banchodigimon.
>>
>>383733535
I didn't notice his teeth at first and thought his nose was a tiny mouth with a row of teeth at the top.
>>
>there will never be anything like Digimon World 3 ever again
Feels really bad, it's still one of my favorite RPGs
>>
>>383734030
oh, thanks for knowing, my digimon don't seem to get along, when we travel around I get the equivalent of "Mom, tell him/her to stop poking me". They can't make contact without the other being pissed off
>>
>>383700005
Make better games.
>>
>>383711852
Nah, it can have consistent success but it is higly unlikely it'll ever be able to expand beyond their established fanbase. Kids aren't going to jump on the bandwagon of a series that already has a lot of history and thus is old shit to them, and any attempt to cater to new fans will always be met with hostility by the fanbase.
>>
Make a good anime for once, let the monsters stay grown up and destroy cities.
Edgy digimon could be huge
>>
>>383734008
>lighthing

LIGHTNING, yes LIGHTNING, is not an "action", it's a fucking weather phenomenon where electrical charges build in clouds and release a natural electrical current.

You're a goddamn moron.
>>
>>383700005

I don't want it to be. I want it to continue to be a good group of games.
>>
You can't because there is very little nostalgia in digimon games

Pokemon is popular because it panders to casuals who play the games

That's why black and white and ruby and sapphire sold bad for first entry game because it was reboot with no old Pokemon
>>
>>383708639
>>383709473
No fuck you the best thing about digimon is that the evolutionary lines are not linear
>>
>>383735459
This, Digimon has always been relatively niche. That's why all OG Digimon merchandise goes for absolutely ridiculous prices.
>>
The difference between Pokemon and digimon games are

Pokemon developers they don't have to try because whatever shit they make people will buy

Digimon developers much more desperate and try harder in the gameplay aspect
>>
>>383735742
>>383735459
Nice spacing faggot
>>
>>383735784
>muh reddit spacing reeeeeeeeeeee

kill

yourself

faggot
>>
I like digimon games because is underappreciated and pokefags don't know what they are missing while they whine about their games being too easy
>>
>>383735784
Guess what

reddit

didn't invent

pressing enter twice

in fact, 4chan is older than reddit

so if you have to relate it to a website, it's 4chan spacing
>>
File: omegamoncloseup.jpg (92KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
omegamoncloseup.jpg
92KB, 679x960px
NO FIGHTING ALLOWED

Instead, post your favorite Digimon
>>
By making it look like actual monsters.
>>
File: 1496132804242.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496132804242.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>383700005
Actually have game mechanics that they shilled in their anime?
They can just a take a page from Megaman Battle Network. Style Changes and Soul Unisons are more like Armor and DNA Digivolution anyway.
>>
I love Digimon and wanted to love Cyber Sleuth, had it since launch and still never got to the point of getting hooked and wanting to keep playing.

Any protips for enjoying that game? The mechanics of evolving and de-evolving in order to get the Mons you want just seemed so tedious and needlessly complicated that I feel like I need an online guide to constantly refer to. I guess the way to go would be just saying fuck it and do whatever without worrying about getting an evolution you didn't want etc. Thoughts from Cyber Sleuth anons?
>>
File: 1496185641181.gif (475KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496185641181.gif
475KB, 500x375px
>>383736018
>>
>>383736179
pretty sure world 3 had DNA digivolutions. cyber sleuth too, although I think they are pretty shitty implemented since the second mon is just fodder. Next-order has them too but apparently they are called ExE there and i haven't seen much past the tutorial.
Also Cyber sleuth has a few armor evolutions and you need to find the egg first.
And I have no idea where else they appeared since that's pretty much all I played.
>>
>>383736985
So there's a Digimon game where I can collect Digimentals and evolve my Digimon on the fly? Sign me up.
>>
>>383736354
You don't play Cyber Sleuth (or any Digimon Story game, for that matter) with one digivolution in mind. There's tons of options and you're going to have to devolve and digivolve over and over again.

Just go with it.
>>
>>383736179
I just want mid-battle digivolutions, man. That's all.
>>
>>383703851
>>383712185
The thing with Pokemon is its mass-appeal. Hitting enough little ideas into the simplest. most-quickly comprehendable forms that can be interpreted so many different ways tends to work better than a giant mecha-monster with a very specific design and appeal in mind.
>>
>>383737564
Digimon World 3 has mid-battle digivolutions. Your dream has been a reality for over a decade.
>>
>>383737564
world 3 did that, didn't it? Pretty sure you could jump between every digivolution a mon had unlocked in battle.
Also I remember it having some form of special meter that lets you jump one stage ahead for the rest of the battle even if you haven't unlocked it yet.
>>
Are digimon world games for PSX emulated? do they run good? what good PSX emulator exist?
>>
File: 1389011484490.jpg (66KB, 847x960px) Image search: [Google]
1389011484490.jpg
66KB, 847x960px
>>383734160
>mfw as a child playing DW4 after having only plated DW3

I tried to like it, I really did
>>
File: Sistermon_Noir_b.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Sistermon_Noir_b.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
My problem is that the monster design is just lacking. Some of the more basic ones are quite cute and likable but I feel upon evolving they just get more and more ridiculous. Seeing a "monster" wear jeans or even just be a human in a ridiculous outfit makes me feel like they're lazy and appealing to a early 2000's audience. Even at it's worse pokemon are always still monsters. While some pokemon are pretty humanoid no pokemon literally looks like a human in a costume.

I was trying to look up a example and found this for example. When I'm told this is a "monster" it just feels lazy. I'm okay if it appears humanoid but this is a literal human.
>>
>>383737695
>>383737789
Did it? I don't like the world games, the unreliability of raising digimon is like having to babysit a stupid kid in the hopes he'll grow up to not be a druggy.
Cyber sleuth was pretty cool though, even if the story was ass and it was 99% in modern japan which got boring.
>>
>>383737965
world 3 is nothing like world 1. It's not a tamagotchi simulator. it's more like cyber sleuth. although it's only 1v1 battles but you have a party of 3.
Although evolutions work differently than in cyber sleuth.
You can pick one of 3 groups of 3 rookie mons. You can unlock more rookie mons later and switch them out and they all have different evolution trees. It was actually pretty nice.
>>
Why aren't you playing Digimon Masters Online right now anon?
>>
File: 1476563607103.jpg (37KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
1476563607103.jpg
37KB, 400x570px
>>383737564
I disagree, it would waste so much time in random encounters, it would be insufferable.

>>383737789
>>383737695
Yeah but it was a total waste of time to do them since you could just check Auto-Digivolve and start out in your evolved form.

>>383737857
1 and 3 run fine, never finished 2 but from what little I played of it it ran fine too.

>>383737908
>see DW4 in stores
>oh shit they can even actually hold the weapons now, that's so cool
>had not read any reviews of the game when it had come out so I had no idea what the reception had been like
>really want to play it since I liked 3 so much but I didn't have the money to get
>end up never getting it, feel kinda sad about it
>mfw reading the reviews years later
>>
File: machinedramon.gif (16KB, 119x142px) Image search: [Google]
machinedramon.gif
16KB, 119x142px
>>383737918
>digimon have bad, lazy designs
>>
>>383738216
>playing a Korean grindfest
If I wanted to play that, I'd just play any of the Story games.
>>
>>383737965
World 3 was a standard JRPG
>>
>>383738216
Literally a Korean mmo, had to scan my computer just on the fear of viruses
>>
>>383738216
Tried it in the demo phase and it was pretty awful. I also don't play online games often at all, and the fact digivolutions are timed so you have to keep slamming buttons every few seconds to keep digimon in their higher stages was a nuisance, and even in the demo version it was grindy as all fuck. Not worth dedicating any reasonable amount of time to.
>>
>>383737908
>>383738342
was DW4 really that bad?
>>
File: Nanomon.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Nanomon.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>>383738351
I didn't say all, there are some really good designs I like a lot. I was saying I feel they often get way too ridiculous.

This one, nanomon, I think looks really cool. The pill looking body is cool and the top part being glass with the brain is really clever.
>>
>>383712798
>surviving a stab to the stomach and a point blank hyperbeam from a fuckin green space noodle

I dont believe you
>>
>>383738556
I'm sure there are people who will tell you that it isn't really THAT bad but yeah it was fucking dreadful.
>>
File: brek.jpg (119KB, 858x658px) Image search: [Google]
brek.jpg
119KB, 858x658px
>>383738510
This retarded nigga, just use a DigiAura
>>
>>383738556
It was a complete genre shift, it was basically a spinoff but still called a Digimon World game

All you need to do it look at the gameplay for 10 ten seconds
>>
>>383738367
But DMO is literally the best Digimon game around.
They'll be adding PvP soon too.
>>
>>383701452
In retrospect Digimon World was was more deeper than I expected. I kind of got the evolution part as a kid, its just bad they didn't make a sequel.
>>
>>383738659
Was that added after the demo? Because in the demo the devs had to keep pouring consumable items that claimed to be rare so your digimon could chew them and get more time to stay in ultimate which lasted all of maybe 1 minute.
>>
File: IMG_5603.gif (4KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5603.gif
4KB, 100x100px
>>383733819
TENTOMON
>>
>>383736018
Its either Machinedramon or this guy
>>
>>383738710
Didn't all DW change their gameplay?
>>
>>383700005
change
into
digital
monsters
digimino
digital
masters
champions
>>
File: IMG_5895.gif (67KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5895.gif
67KB, 500x369px
>>383736018
The original nigga
>>
>>383739023
Yes but the first three were still rpgs, and I guess this one was too but it completely missed the point.

ex; in DW4 at level 16 Guilmon evolves into Agumon
>>
>>383738916
Yes, also you have MP items out the ass now but anyone who has a BM Digimon uses the Aura as the Digimon can stay evolved indefinitely.
>>
Would a "N'Sane Trilogy" treatment of the first 3 games be something exciting for the pro-digious community?

Or is making new games the only hope for the franchise to become any bigger than it is currently? One one hand a trilogy would be easier to make, on the other hand a break-out hit (not cyber sleuth btw) could revive the series at least back to its former glory.
>>
>>383739281
How do you get auras again?
>>
>>383739283
World 3 could use a remaster, plenty of things in the game were either unfinished or unpolished. Most of all that joke of a postgame they rushed out for the PAL version.
>>
File: infermon_by_pinkgermy-d8gvcdi.png (221KB, 812x789px) Image search: [Google]
infermon_by_pinkgermy-d8gvcdi.png
221KB, 812x789px
>>383736018
>being able to pick one
>>
File: 48981666_p0.png (858KB, 904x1131px) Image search: [Google]
48981666_p0.png
858KB, 904x1131px
>>383736018
>>
File: 367622.jpg (39KB, 387x600px) Image search: [Google]
367622.jpg
39KB, 387x600px
>>383739391
Events, other players or the cash shop.
If you don't use a BM Digimon you don't need one tho.
They're running a retuning/new players event now, you get a 30 day Aura a +5 egg and some other shit.
>>
File: machinedramon attacks.jpg (197KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
machinedramon attacks.jpg
197KB, 1000x707px
>>383736018
>>
>>383733258
how is digimon world 1 compared to 3?
>>
>>383739765
I never got any of those what do? How get?
>>
File: Pokemon_Special_ORAS_c19_p24-me.png (235KB, 481x756px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Special_ORAS_c19_p24-me.png
235KB, 481x756px
>>383738648
she falls, lands on her back, and then cries about how Rayquaza didn't want her
>>
File: I wish.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
I wish.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
>>383736018
>>
>>383739870
Completely different games, so are World 2 and 4 for that matter. None of the Digimon World games are even remotely similar to one another.
>>
>>383739897
>I never got any of those what do? How get?
Elaborate and I'll explain.
>>
File: etemon.jpg (11KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
etemon.jpg
11KB, 266x190px
>>
>>383740032
I started playing with my old acc like 4 days ago and made a new character and never got a digi aura and the only eggs I've gotten are from level ups and the level boxes
>>
What's the best emulator to play Digimon World 1? I tried the Beetle HW core in RetroArch and it gives me text bugs in menus
>>
>>383739283
>Would a "N'Sane Trilogy" treatment of the first 3 games be something exciting for the pro-digious community?
No because those games aren't good and never were and people outside a niche of autists don't care about them.
>on the other hand a break-out hit (not cyber sleuth btw) could revive the series at least back to its former glory
Thats exactly what Cyber Sleuth was, it did well in japan and the us, New Order did poorly in Japan and the US and App Monsters was a huge bomb as well.
>>
>>383700005
Why didnt you beat this game /v/?
>>
>>383739283
if they get the same treatment, they'll have to fix DW by adding elements from Next Order (evolution tree).

>>383739854
Mugendramon (Machinedramon) was planned to be the mascot? I get the feeling it was planned for it since the first tamagotchis
>>
>>383740121
Try using your old character, should be in one of your storages/reward storages/ shop storages.
>>
>>383740406
My old character got deleted
>>
File: event.jpg (178KB, 916x736px) Image search: [Google]
event.jpg
178KB, 916x736px
>>383740445
Look in the warehouse than.
>>
>>383740384
Since next order is very similar then, would you replace World 1 for Rumble Arena?

So it'd be
-Rumble Arena
-World 2+3

2+3 are pretty straightforward rpg's, 1's the only real weird one. 2 would likely be similar to sleuth in appearance since it's 3v3
>>
File: niceloincloth.jpg (168KB, 767x897px) Image search: [Google]
niceloincloth.jpg
168KB, 767x897px
>>383739748
My kinsmen.
>>
File: Excuse me buildings.jpg (760KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me buildings.jpg
760KB, 1200x900px
>>383736018
>>
>>383731707
>bawww too complez for my pea brain!!
>>
Digimon hasn't pushed the how far the concept of a monster raising game can go since 1999.

I think it should be an action adventure game focussed on raising, living with, and adventuring with your Digimon. It should take advantage of all of the advancements technology and AI have had since the original.
>non-segmented, non-linear world with fully control over the camera
>the further the player progresss, the more shortcuts become available
>art style that is not as clean as the anime or the latest games, it should try to capture the feel of the original artwork
>the visual style of the world should mostly look like DW1 and DW3
>plenty of side quests like Cyber Sleuth
>the game takes place on File Island, each area like Trash Mountain or Factorial Town are bigger than they were in World, has "field" and "dungeon" type areas and relaxed areas with side content and friendlier NPCs
>also just as many new areas on the expanded island
>enemies and areas should be designed throughtully, nobody wants actual flat plains or basic segmented areas in a modern game
>recruiting Digimon and collecting assets to build a town is how the player progresses
>Digimon was not a monster collecting game, it was a v-pet, so the game should modernize and expand upon the concept of raising a vertual monster
>and marry that to an action-adventure game in a rich world full of interactions
(1/6)
>>
File: pixie.png (19KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pixie.png
19KB, 600x800px
>>383700005
>>383720069
I actually run a youtube channel with another person where the plan was always to play a bunch of monster raising games, but at some point we got side tracked doing other genres. We've still played a few different monster raising games, but the plan was always to do more because we both really appreciate and enjoy the them. We still definitely want to go back and do more, it was always the plan, and it was always gonna happen "eventually" (Robopon, DQM, Monster Rancher, Medabots, etc). So I just want to let you know you're not a lone soul doomed to wonder and suffer or nothing. There are still tons of people who appreciate these games and variety they can bring. And are willing to celebrate them when they can. They're amazing, and I'm glad you're trying to add to the genre and get people more interested in it.

Here's a couple videos, if anyone is curious:

https://youtu.be/F39CWNYhQeM
https://youtu.be/XB5tDeKo8fw
https://youtu.be/Gug6taTYrQ4

We had also planned to play SMT: Demikids for the channel, until I realized I had sold it years prior to buy Pokemon Diamond. And now I'm forever super disappointed in teen me, because that game was amazing.

My significant other also runs a blog where she daily brings attention to monsters from games that are otherwise over looked or are just straight up monsters from Monster Raising games with in game encyclopedia's. We also, together, watch shows that are Pokemon like series and then she does summaries for each one we go through at the end of a season:

http://popkas.tumblr.com

>>383726384
I may have to look this up, now. Because it looks super fun...

There are so many games in this genre, it's amazing. I really wish more of them had gotten the popularity Pokemon did right at the start.
>>
File: Digimon Lineup 1.png (2MB, 4281x695px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon Lineup 1.png
2MB, 4281x695px
>>383741439
>enemy Digimon that laze about the world can either ignore the player Digimon, chase them, or flee from them
The player can choose to approach those enemies ignoring them, giving them the option to talk to them. The player could get hints, items, or side-missions.
Or, just attack them. When in the overworld, the player would just be able to lock on to enemy Digimon and order attacks. There would be no battle transition.
There should be some sort of in-game hint collection the player can build, gathering rumors and data from all over the island on how to get certain evolutionary forms, find certain rare items, or find certain rare Digimon to recruit. This is to discourage players from looking up guides online.
>give Digimon orders like in Digimon World and Re Digitize
>enemies are more like those of action games than of JRPGs
From defeating them, the player Digimon can learn new attacks and/or they drop items, like in Digimon World.
>enemies have health bars over their heads like in Digimon World
>boss Digimon have big, grand battles full of unique moves and maneuvers, and big health bars at the bottom of the screen
>mid-bosses are like powerful and slightly more sophisticated common enemies
>animations for all of the Digimons actions, like eating
>fresh, in-training, and rookie Digimon whine when one of of their needs are unmet
The Digital Monster should feel alive, and raising them should feel charming and personal.
>make Digimon feasibly big (pic related is a scale I made to get a general idea of their size)
>>
File: MetalGreymon_Bo-80_(DB).jpg (47KB, 511x723px) Image search: [Google]
MetalGreymon_Bo-80_(DB).jpg
47KB, 511x723px
>>383741082
being a V-mon must be suffering
>one evolutions is the manlet of all royal knights and everyone's fuck toy
>one evolution is a cum dumpster gay dragon
>another of your evolution is associated with macrophile fetish for some unexplained reason
>another of your evolutions funded the royal knights and add two of your other evolutions, counting the manlet, to be part of.
>>
>>383720069
Post more of your monsters. What's the theme of them? Are they demons, animals, or what?
>>
File: 28720419_p0.jpg (548KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
28720419_p0.jpg
548KB, 1500x1500px
>>383741685
>to increase depth interaction, Fresh and In-Training Digimon can be carried around in the player's arms, and some smaller Rookie Digimon can ride on the player's back or shoulders
>the player should be able to ride their Champion and Ultimate Digimon, if they're big enough
Examples:
Ride on the backs of Kokatorimon or Unimon.
Ride on Greymon's head/neck.
Get a piggyback ride from Angemon or Frigimon.
Fly around on the back of Airdramon or Birdramon.
Ride in Big Mamemon's hand, Iron Giant style.
They could perform attacks while carrying you, and since there's no actual battle transition this shouldn't interrupt gameplay. It's just a fast way to get around and for the player to have fun bonding with their Digimon.
There will be other Digimon, like Mamemon, Giromon, Pixiemon, Nanomon, that are much too small to ride, but the player can carry them around as if they were In-Training/Rookies.
There will be other Digimon around the player's size, like Numemon, Sukamon, Veggiemon, and Raremon that can not be ridden or held, unfortunately. But you can still hug them and praise them.
Riding Digimon should be a fun way to get around, and one that should make the player feel closer to their digimon.
>mostly include Digimon from '97 to '99
More Digimon than DW1, but not a huge roster of Digimon (I'm thinking all the Digimon from Ver 1-5, Ver S, Ver WS, DW1, and most from Pendulum, with some fan favorites from 2000-2017), each Digimon should look great and have have plenty with distinct interaction styles and animations so the roster shouldn't be bloated with too many mons. The focus is on raising your monsters, not collecting a lot of them.
>>
File: stk.jpg (82KB, 903x634px) Image search: [Google]
stk.jpg
82KB, 903x634px
>>383741560
Monster Rancher 2 is the shit.
>>
They should let you use up a turn manually scanning a Digimon. If you scan the digimon too much, it could get enraged and get stat boosts whenever you use more scans.

If this enraged Digimon makes one of yours faint, 1/3rd of the scan you got that battle is dropped
>>
>>383703968

This, Stuff that I have seen is very fast and loose with how things work. An actual web of how Digimon progress is needed. Then again, That would probably kill the Nostalgia

Rewatch like Season 2 and almost everyone uses the same name for different attacks or how the attacks work.
>>
>>383742092
All I wanted was to be able to pet my Digimon in Next Order by rubbing the PS4 touchpad
>>
File: IMG_5887.png (140KB, 330x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5887.png
140KB, 330x236px
>just got reinforced PawnChessmon White from level 24 Box
>>
File: 5482166_p0.jpg (271KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
5482166_p0.jpg
271KB, 600x400px
>>383742092
>no Mega forms, I believe they drag the evolutionary trees on too long, make trees too linear, and make the player Digimon more easily overpowered
Of course, popular and beloved mainstay Mega Digimon can be put the game in as powerful, harder to obtain Ultimates (or slide forms), like H-Kabuterimon, Phoenixmon, and Metal Etemon were in Digimon World.
This puts gives the player more choice, it balances the game, and it makes getting these kind of Digimon more rewarding.
WarGreymon would a powerful vaccine alternative to virus MetalGreymon
MetalGarurumon would be a powerful Metal Empire alternative to Nightmare Soldiers WereGarurumon (which makes more sense, because one evolves onto two legs, the other evolves staying on four legs)
Magnadramon is a powerful bestial alternative to Angewomon
MetalEtemon is a slide form for Etemon attained from certain circumstances
etc
>no other humans in the game but the player
>the player's village is customization as it expands, a bit like Dark Cloud and Animal Crossing New Leaf
The player should have their own house they can decorate with things they find on their adventure or acquire in town
Lots to do in the player's village with their recruited villagers. Expand fishing, add lots of different kinds of DigiFish, add bug catching, add collectables that can be acquired through the game for Jijimon's museum or the player's house.
For living in such a village to be feasible, time should pass in real time only within city limits. So instead of a minute being an in-game hour, a an hour would be an in-game hour. Digimon the player recruits into the town should do multiple things besides their core function.
>>
>>383742427
That's a good idea, anon. There should be many ways of interacting with your virtual pet.

>>383742474
>teach Digimon to do certain autonomous things
Teach them to fish on their own, teach them to help in the farms, teach them to pick up smaller Digimon if you want them to, depends on how you want to raise them.
>the player should be able to separate from their Digimon if they want to, within the town. The player can lead them around but they wouldn't be glued to them.
>give Digimon longer life spans than in DW1, since the game would be bigger and longer
>give Digimon more intricate needs, such as hygiene
>each Digimon has a favorite and least favorite food
>recolors should absolutely not be obtainable, they're made to be common enemies
If you want to have a humble fisherman Digimon that lives in a shack with you, you can. If you want a giant Digimon that lives in a temple, you can have that too. Or a prissy Digimon that wants to be treated like a princess.
>>
>>383741439
>>383741685
>>383742092
>>383742474
A big budget Digimon World game would be fucking awesome
>>
File: Digimon choice 3.png (436KB, 1600x405px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon choice 3.png
436KB, 1600x405px
>>383736018

I actually create custom Digimon, Wish I could draw them or such.
>Dollmon: Creepy Ragdoll Digimon
>Princessmon: Robotic Princess whose skirt is a Rocket thruster and shoots people with a metal Umbrella
>Empressmon: Stuffy wide hiped Robotic waifu with giant bladed claws and scissors for legs
>Mementomon: Giant 15 foot to the hip porcelain figure with a 50 foot tall ballgown of wires and metallic tentacles.

I got more
>>
>>383742989
This guy was my fucking niggah in Dusk. I thought the tiny pawn was ugly at first but now I love the little bastard. Hope he returns soon
>>
File: 24709456_p0.jpg (204KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
24709456_p0.jpg
204KB, 480x640px
>>383742898
>can delay evolving for as long as the player wish, but this doesn't increase their lifespan
>if a Digimon can evolve and the player stops them, they will try to evolve again the following day
When the player's Digimon wants to evolve, it will take them to a dark, mysterious screen where the player can cycle through their possible forms. The player can choose which form their Digimon evolves into (dark, cloudy, corrupted, and vague images of what the choices are, so it doesn't totally give it away)
>forms the player are not eligible to choose have no visual hints at all, it is simply a black screen
If the partner Digimon has been a selectable Digimon previously, it would be a more clear image of their wireframe along with their LCD sprite and their name.
>make gyms more dynamic
DW3 and Redigitize collectively did them will. Each skill would have a normal training mode, a non-rigged slot mode, and a minigame that's reminiscent of the v-pet training games, unique to that skill
Defeating enemies would be much quicker than the previous World games, they would seem less inconveniencing since there are no JRPG style battle screens that slow down the game, and there would be more enemies, so you wouldn't need to train in the gym as much. But it should be there for you if you need it
>among the game's collectables, card collecting, deck building, and card battles should be a feature
Similar to Digimon World 3, many Digimon collect and play card battles. The game plays just like the PS1 spin-off, Digimon Digital Card Battle. This should exist purely in the background. This is where we would include as many Digimon as possible, from any year
>recruitable Digimon should do multiple things in town like the best World games
>can open battle arena, a fishing hole, a card battle stadium in town, and other fun stuff in town
>can open up an arcade in your town, where you can play simplistic, 80's style games with your Digimon AI as your player 2. Plays better with wisdm
>>
File: Koushiro.jpg (169KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Koushiro.jpg
169KB, 533x800px
>>383741737
Nah, Veemon's in the sweet spot in terms of popularity. He's loved, hated, and lusted over in just the right amounts.
>>
File: Gatchmon.png (143KB, 330x364px) Image search: [Google]
Gatchmon.png
143KB, 330x364px
How would you feel about Appmon appearing in future Digimon games
>>
File: worm.png (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
worm.png
72KB, 500x500px
>>383742125
Monster rancher 2 is fucking amazing. We also have access to Monster Rancher Advanced and are thinking we might do some quick shit with that one, too. Thus far all our Monster Rancher stuff has been in stream form, and for real that's the best way to do it. Swear to god. But Advanced is sort of different in the way it works, so if we do it, we'll see. That being said, outside of the small differences, Advanced is literally just 2 but with more monster types, so...

Worm the best.
>>
>>383742989
im glad trannies aren't into digimon. I don't know if they'll be offended or be praising the fact that digimon are "genderless" and their evolutions can be considered genderfluid in their pov
>>
>>383743309
Don't worry, anon. Digimon is /ourseries/
>>
https://twitter.com/playrelegend/status/885129571913179136

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYUWfWpHG0

Have you guys heard about Re:legend? It's a monster raising game specifically inspired by Digimon World and Monster Rancher. I'm not one for kikestarter games but I fucking love monster raising.
>>
>>383743309

I think they would complain that they should be Genderless and those with clear genders are blasphamous. Like, That there are really no ugly female digimon.

Perhaps they would praise Numamon since both Feminists and Numamon look ugly as fuck and throw shit.
>>
>>383742474
>no other humans in the game but the player
will be nice that everyone you go online, you go to this hub where every other player joins for side quests, battles or trading, and they can be part of your offline file island either being there or rematches which updates the team everytime both get into the hub
>>
>>383743309
http://frfrfreak.tumblr.com/post/161671918630/the-chosen-children-feat-the-rainbow-flag
They're busy wanking off the idea that everyone's gay.
>>
>>383743758
what is it with tumblr and wanting everyone be gay? is this where all the fujoshits from DA end up going?
>>
File: Digimon_Frontier.jpg (439KB, 556x776px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon_Frontier.jpg
439KB, 556x776px
If they just made Digital Devil Saga but with Digimon instead Demons then they would make millions.
>>
>>383743941
Frontier was a mixed feeling. I don't know if I really liked it or not. I saw all episodes but I'm not sure if I should feel nostalgic for it. I do remember that this was the moment I knew they won't sell new TCG anymore
>>
File: Digimon choice 2.png (496KB, 1600x405px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon choice 2.png
496KB, 1600x405px
>>383742989

Posting more dumb 'Custom ideas' because I normally never get the oppertunity

>Scarfmon: Energetic digimon child who hides under many layers of scarves.
>Sentaimon (Powermon in English): Heroic Digimon that come in many colors of bright spandex, a martial arts master
>Zordmon: While looking different upon what Sentaimon they digivolve from, Most of these digimon are powerful mechanical beasts.
>MegaZordmon: DNA Digivolved from multitude of Zordmon, This Mega level digimon can handle the larger monsters that threaten the Digiworld
>Heromon: From Zordmon comes the greatest digimon, Heromon. Clad in an armoured coloured suit and carrying a powerful legendary Digi-sword, Heroman comes at the last moment to save the day.
>>
>>383743260
>No Monols, Jells, Galis, Hengers, Worms, Beaclons, Mocks, Wrackys, Phoenixes, or Plants
>3 Tech slots
I dunno, Advance was kind of odd.
>>
Am I the only person here that wants a Digimon x SMT game? I'd fucking love the hardcore designs of Digimon portrayed in the totally edgy apocalyptic world of SMT.
>>
File: 55615147_p0.png (322KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
55615147_p0.png
322KB, 500x500px
>>383743725
Good idea. Meeting up in a hub for battles, item trading, online tournaments, card battles, and more could be a lot of fun. I'm not sure about them becoming a part of your File Island offline, but it would be cool to be able to add players you like to an in-game contacts list, so you can talk with them outside of the online hub, and teleport to each other when one is in the hub. When you get a message, a notification icon briefly appears on the screen along with a sound effect, you can pause your game and text them back at any point, or choose to drop whatever you're doing and appear at the online hub with them.
>>
>>383726865
This!
>>
>>383744321
that's what devil survivor is
>>
>>383738819
Next order is the sequel. It even has the protagonist from 1 showing up.
>>
I loved digimon world, jade cocoon and azure dreams as a kid. Pokemon was okay but the others felt more fleshed out since they were home console games.
>>
I really enjoyed Digimon world one but none of the other games in the series play like that do they? I think 2 is a dungeon crawler and 3 is a standard jrpg.
>>
File: 1464620187362.jpg (24KB, 222x298px) Image search: [Google]
1464620187362.jpg
24KB, 222x298px
>get Digimon World Next Order in the EU PSN weebshit sale
>scold partner 1 after it says it doesn't like meat (it said it was it's favorite and got boosted effects from it immediately before this)
>partner 2 agrees with me and tells partner 1 to listen to me
>improves the effects of the scolding and get like 5 new digivolution infos
I wasn't sure I'd like the whole two partners thing, but I fucking love it already.
>>
File: 1469680764574.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469680764574.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>383744901
Next Order does. Shitting, feeding, training, exploring and all that stuff.
>>
File: dawn.jpg (271KB, 1278x568px) Image search: [Google]
dawn.jpg
271KB, 1278x568px
>>383743119
Funny I started replying Dawn just recently, god the map design is awful.
>>
>Tri is a more adult focused Digimon anime
>Cyber Sleuth, Re:Digi, Habu games are more adult focused Digimon games
>No crossover at all between the two

WHY? WHY DOES IZZY NOT APPEAR IN THE COMPUTER NERD PARADISE EDEN? WHY DOES NOKIA THE SLUT NOT MAKE A CAMEO IN ALL THE FAGGY TEEN HOTSPOTS IN TRI?

WHY IS DIGIMON SO FRACTURED AND ISOLATED?
>>
>>383745161
Quality wise how does it compare to world 1?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>383745161
>Next Order
Whoa, it's like Digimon World 1 but without any of the charm.
What a load of garbage.
>>
>>383745335
Name one flaw you had with Digimon World 1.

99.9% chance that N0 fixed it
>>
The main problem with Digimon has it's that monster designs aren't really that varied. By their final evolutions either you have the mechanical shit or the humanoid with a costume also most of the rookies seem to share one of 3 or 4 skeletons and most evolutions consist of adding shit to the Digimon. Also Pokemon designs have more broad appeal, you have cute Pokemon that girls would like(Pikachu) and cool Pokemon that boys will like(Charizard).

Also
>>
>>383745335
You can see from the screenshots and videos, everything that made DW appealing is gone and watered down.
>>
>>383745360
It's ugly as sin, but I feel like it's a pretty good sequel.
>>
>>383729396
Hey anon, sorry I had to run for a bit.

It's best to check our twitter or reddit for weekly updates, we do a monster of the week and often screenshots

http://twitter.com/crowns_dev

http://reddit.com/r/crowns_game

ETA is likely spring. We just finished up the world itself, still have much to implement mechanics and story wise though.
>>
>>383745394
Honestly, nothing I can really think of, it was one of my favourite games as a kid.

>>383745492
I don't like the aesthetic as much but it would be silly to write the whole game off over that.
>>
File: Shiki.jpg (112KB, 506x790px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki.jpg
112KB, 506x790px
>>383745335
Fixes pretty much everything. The gritty classic Digimon feel got toned down, and the characters are your typical anime teens, but gameplay-wise it's 5000x better.

Also, despite the characters being pretty plain, they make up for it design-wise by having fucking awesomely unique and creative outfits
>>
>>383745798
I don't really care about playing dressup with my character in a game like this. I'll look at some gameplay and make a call but the aesthetic is a turnoff for sure. Might just replay world, it's been like 15 years.
>>
>>383745798
Oh so they ruined it.
>>
>>383732689
message me on twitter or reddit!

http://reddit.com/crowns_game
http://twitter.com/crowns_dev
>>
File: forms.png (33KB, 502x453px) Image search: [Google]
forms.png
33KB, 502x453px
>>383741927
They are traditional animals/monsters, or spirits, or demons.

Here are some that lean more towards the demonic orientation

The big thing with Crowns is breeding produces genetic variants and ALL traits are merged from parents, stats, palettes, movesets, learnsets, the works.
>>
File: dino.png (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dino.png
86KB, 500x500px
>>383744286
Just realized I was talking about Advanced 2, not Advanced. That would be the one we'ld play. I was super confused for a second because I remembered there being Monols, haha.

But yeah, you're right, I never looked at the list, there are WAY less monsters in the Advanced series than I thought. Weird. I always just remembered the monsters they added that basically never showed up again.

We also thought about playing Monster Rancher Evo, but we've always been SUPER unsure as to whether or not people would want to watch that. Evo is kinda...different, mechanically.

Did the Dino to Zuum change bug anyone else who played these games as a kid? I just remembered how confused I was because I thought pic related was a zuum and then realized the file name was dino and had to double take.
>>
>>383745681
Just a few things off the top of my head then

-City is bigger, to the point where it has it's own fast travel system
-You have two partners
-All Mega level mons won't poop, so you aren't worried about toilets as much
-The actual Tamer can level up, to unlock stuff to make raising Digimon easier, such as extending their life
-You can collect resources to upgrade different facilities in the city (including the ability to lock your digimon into a specific evolution line)
-training is MUCH faster because you aren't running between attack/defend/health training machines
-An actual story, if you're into that
-a hard mode
-The ability to temporarily combine your digimon during battle (literally uses the animation sequence from the Digimon Movie)
>>
>>383745909
>don't really care about playing dressup with my character in a game like this

I meant the character design in general. There are no alt outfits
>>
>>383745970
The world is still the same fusion of mechanical and natural you crybaby
>>
>>383720069
Cool stuff, you have a single new follower
>>
>>383746114
Damn these look cool. It's like Pokemon, Digimon, and SMT fucked
>>
>>383746569
How did they improve interacting with Digimon? More animations for simple things like eating and more ways to praise them?
>>
>>383745335
It has alot of quality of life improvements over the original that came with the times. Ontop of some improvements in general.

For example there's now a whole new tamer level system where you can allocate skillpoints in different skills to help you progress the game. Things like inheriting more stats when dying, training efficiency, digimon life and so on.

The town is also much larger, there's like 150 digimon or so that can join your city. You can upgrade city facilities through materials you find in the world which makes backtracking a bit easier since you now have to do something while running to older areas. And since there's a shit ton of digimon to get it's easier to get a good one instead of numemon.

Battles are still mostly AI controlled but there's now a system in place where you get points in battle that you can use to either directly order you digimon or to have them fuse together for a battle each day which will combine their stats.

There's also some real postgame stuff where powerful digimon will spawn throughout the world after you beat the mainstory and they will then move into a new district in your town which has a few timed dungeons that require you to have really high statted digimon to beat them. And then there's some free DLC which adds a bunch of sidequests for the postgame, I barely managed to beat the last one with almost maxed out stats on both digimon.
>>
File: Igrawn.png (855KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Igrawn.png
855KB, 1600x1200px
>>383746583
Don't ever think that isn't a big deal to me anon.

I love everyone that thinks we're ok enough to follow, and I want you to know my DMs are always open.
>>
>>383746754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqdBm-IbEg

The Digimon actually animate now, unlike Re:Digi, if that's what your asking.
>>
>>383746769
Just be carful with your presentation. Some people are gonna give you HELL for simply treading on Pokemon's territory, so i'm sure the GBC esque sprites are gonna piss some furry autists off. Those people are batshit crazy,
>>
>>383745335
Mostly just casualized and watered down. Boring art style, annoying characters, not enough focus on freedom and exploration. Still a lot of antiquated design choices that didn't need to stay. The way they executed the concept of having 2 Digimon at once is fundamentally retarded and ruins the whole game. But it's still the best console Digimon game since 1999.
>>
>>383747215
>Mostly just casualized

In what way? Endgame Next Order stomps Endgame DW1
>>
>>383747302
>have to beat the game to get anything remotely engaging
Good game
>>
>>383747372
The game is still plenty difficult. Have you even played it?
>>
>>383747419
Have you? Even hard mode isn't difficult at all. And don't conflate difficulty with being engaging in general, casualize doesn't only mean to make easier.
>>
>>383747504
You still haven't explained why it's casualized
>>
>>383746769
Shill your game more, nerd
>>
>>383720069
give me your twitter, friend

Im also planning to release a comic in that concept, let me follow you
>>
File: 40900140_p0.jpg (4MB, 3800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
40900140_p0.jpg
4MB, 3800x3000px
*blocks your path*
>>
File: 10.png (17KB, 756x636px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
17KB, 756x636px
>>383747069
I think the genre is big enough to allow for multiple tastes IMO, and I want to deliver a game with a lot of depth for old bozos like me.

>>383747608
NO! My game is pure garbage! Seriously though I have to go to bed due to my timezone so I can't dump anymore. Thanks for checking us out though anon.
>>
>>383747563
That would take writing a whole article about it, so I'll just link someone who already did that.
http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/05/welcome-back-to-digimon-world-critical.html
>>
File: Triceramon_b.jpg (51KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Triceramon_b.jpg
51KB, 320x320px
Posting the best and more underrated Digimon.
>>
>>383748601
I wish Triceramon would get a proper Mega eventually
>>
File: 1496185078418.jpg (153KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1496185078418.jpg
153KB, 1200x1600px
>>
>>383749868
i mean digimon poop, so im guessing they have reproductive system as well, right?
>>
>>383748291
nigga pass me your twitter
>>
>>383748187
This metal motherfucker is strong as hell in Cyber Sleuth
>>
>>383746364
Biggest issue I had was with the cards. Collecting them was too tedious and you can't even zoom in on them to get a good look when you unlock them. Plus, a little card minigame could be fun. I never understood how to play the digimon TCG anyway.
>>
>>383750449
Not him, but I found his twitter like immediately.

https://twitter.com/crowns_dev
>>
File: Deramon_b.jpg (83KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Deramon_b.jpg
83KB, 320x320px
>>383748601
>>
>>383750360
They are reborn as eggs.
>>
>>383751527
but if they have an anus, they probably have the procreating system, maybe they won't reproduce but they'll still have the other functions and still feel pleasure
>>
>>383748748
Megas are cancer, he's fine as he is
>>
>>383750360
No, food is data and poop is digital waste. Digimon are created from data and when they die they are reborn as digitama. They don't reproduce sexually.
>>
>>383752434
Yeah, well, you're cancer
>>
The only think i don't like about digimon is how limited they are with levels. an Ultimate evolving into another Ultimate but it counts as evolution despite still being in the same level

>>383752509
but where do their poop?
>>
>>383752592
No YOU'RE cancer.
>>
>>383752662
No, YOU'RE cancer.
>>
>>383752621
It just appears from out of their butts. They don't have an anus, Digimon like Leomon and Angewomon do it through their clothes.
>>
File: 1494706032261.jpg (226KB, 696x668px) Image search: [Google]
1494706032261.jpg
226KB, 696x668px
>>383752747
You got me there.
>>
>>383752765
well that's disappointing
>>
>beaten by Blackie and Blackosaurus
I feel so humiliated.
>>
semen demons, and i don't mean the digimon. normies need something a bit more subtle, so give them 12 year olds and constantly focus on their butts
>>
File: BlackWarGreymon.jpg (114KB, 355x441px) Image search: [Google]
BlackWarGreymon.jpg
114KB, 355x441px
>>383752938
Having their BBC's ramming your throat and prostate must've felt real good.
>>
File: 1498890970669.gif (938KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1498890970669.gif
938KB, 500x281px
>read thread
>every single suggestion in this thread is terrible
Good luck, Digimon.
>>
File: Digimon World_ Next Order.jpg (23KB, 303x124px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon World_ Next Order.jpg
23KB, 303x124px
>>383753137
>>
>>383754067
>every single suggestion in this thread is terrible
ok, why don't you contribute then?
>>
>>383754892
I did, it was terrible
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
>>383744137
>>
File: REEEdley.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
REEEdley.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>383740293
Because the PAL version was hot garbage with bad text wrapping and a completely broken area.
>>
>>383711707
>They are like the World games on the PS1
Considering each game in the original 3 is different, you're not exactly helping.
>>
>>383748601
Haha
>>
File: IMG_5896.jpg (88KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5896.jpg
88KB, 320x320px
>>383755619
Whoops
>>
>make it like pokemon!
>make it like a PS1 game!
>more animu waifushit/furshit/faggotshit!
>make it like dark souls!
Great thread
>>
>>383754067
Hey, I just wished they did more with the cards in game.
>>
I would absolutely love to by Next World Order, but I don't want to have to buy a PS4 for it. So I guess it's not happening.
>>
>>383756518
Why would you not already have a PS4?
>>
>>383756749
>buying consoles with paid online
>not building your own ps4 emulator
It literally takes a couple weeks.
Buy the game and play it on PC.
>>
Which version of World 1 is the best one?
Everywhere I see is conflicting opinions on how broken/glitchy the game is for USA/PAL
>>
>>383756518
Same, sucks that they didn't port it for the vita. I have been looking up how to patch it. Apparently the english text code is already in the original game.
>>
>>383756882
Wouldn't you need a blu-ray disc reader to read ps4 games?
>>
>>383756950
PAL has a bug that breaks an entire region and makes you unable to enter until after you beat the game.
From what i read, USA has some minor glitches that PAL doesn't have, some of which can freeze the game, but most of them are harmless, nothing that flat out prevents you from entering an area.
>>
>>383756950
USA definitively.
>>
>>383756882
If you have a PS4 emulator then how comes you can't play next order?
>>
>>383757929
Not him obviously
>>
>>383757650
There's a workaround for the pal glitch but if you have the choice the NTSC one is the way to play.
>>
>>383700005
Remove the fucking disgusting looking wired polygons cyber world. Be fucking original and create an ACTUAL good looking world inside the webz.

Look at the world Digimon World 1. It's appealing to the eye and not repetitive 3D polygon blocks and bridges
>>
File: 1282262250491.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1282262250491.png
118KB, 500x500px
>>
File: 1282337816883s.jpg (3KB, 126x117px) Image search: [Google]
1282337816883s.jpg
3KB, 126x117px
>>
File: pikachu2_047.jpg (92KB, 714x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu2_047.jpg
92KB, 714x1024px
>>383710527
yeah breh except it better be from this manga
>>
File: 1283375042224.jpg (207KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1283375042224.jpg
207KB, 800x600px
>>
>>383710887
okay. Thanks for the thread.
>>
File: 1282259793116.png (75KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
1282259793116.png
75KB, 683x384px
>>
Make them so easy any toddler could play and beat them effortlessly.

It's how Pokemon became popular.
>>
File: 1297018643835.png (119KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
1297018643835.png
119KB, 600x408px
>>
File: 1282276883707.png (249KB, 500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1282276883707.png
249KB, 500x1500px
>>
File: 1282351599031.png (219KB, 554x290px) Image search: [Google]
1282351599031.png
219KB, 554x290px
>>
File: 1282367216745.png (297KB, 500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1282367216745.png
297KB, 500x1500px
>>
File: 1363038987709.png (39KB, 708x563px) Image search: [Google]
1363038987709.png
39KB, 708x563px
>>
>>383700005
Reboot the entire franchise to be set in the 80s.
Release a new anime.
Release a Pokeomon GO ripoff mobage.
Maybe some manga and light novels too.
Hire quality staff for all of these projects and give them the time/funding/freedom needed to make great things.
>>
>>383756749
I haven't really had a reason to get one, yet. No one exclusive game on the system has sold me on it. Even a bunch of them together haven't really pushed me. It's too expensive for me to just up and get one on a whim because I wat to play Digimon.

>>383756989
I was looking forward to it on Vita, because the Vita TV is such a small expense comparatively. NWO and Cyber Sleuth would've sold me on a Vita TV.
>>
>>383760369
Digimon games are easy as fuck
>>
File: 1496601540194.png (304KB, 990x657px) Image search: [Google]
1496601540194.png
304KB, 990x657px
go with the same nostalgia wave the current reboot is doing with the original characters and make a game around it. follow what blizzard did with overwatch and advertise the shit out of this game, make it Multiplatform.

I think this could be the clincher however, make it a mobile game, I know /v/ might be heavily against mobile games, but look at how big Pokemon go got, look at how much reception Mario jump and fire emblem heroes is getting and besides the game is called Digimon, its practically a return to form from the days of those tomegotchi digivices from the 90s

im not gonna lie I would love a new good Digimon game to come out
>>
>>383710786
>Point proven digimon was too complicated for kids.
It was never a problem for me back when i'm a kid playing digimon world 1.
even though all the requirements are hidden and i don't have internet to search for walkthroughs either.
i think it's a first come first serve basis.
there can only be one King allowed at one time.
>>
File: Mamemanes.png (519KB, 1099x679px) Image search: [Google]
Mamemanes.png
519KB, 1099x679px
>like Mamemon and Metalmamemon a ton
>they show up in almost every digimon game
>they still have not put Banchomamemon in
Please
>>
>>383762524
__ ____ _ ____ _________?
>>
>>383763446
No, I don't
>>
>>383762524
Banchomamemon is the only good Banchomon and the best Mamemon since BigMamemon.
>>
File: 1363891427118.jpg (45KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
1363891427118.jpg
45KB, 347x346px
>>383763873
BanchoStingmon is pretty legit though
Thread posts: 451
Thread images: 128

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.