[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the level design take such a drop in the later half?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 61mwn5Uss4L.jpg (68KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
61mwn5Uss4L.jpg
68KB, 353x500px
Why did the level design take such a drop in the later half? Was it a rush job?
>>
>>383693856
Duh
>>
Think about it for a second. There are people out there who actually think this game is better than 64.
>>
The level design was always poor in this game because the setting demanded it to made like an island resort instead of a video game.

Only the secret courses are any good, and that isn't because you don't have FLUDD, but because they were designed like an obstacle course for the player to conquer, not to emulate a real-life location and service pseudo-realism.

It's why Galaxy is the best.
>>
Don't a third of the shines come from coin collecting? I think it's safe to say it was rushed.
>>
>>383694860
I do only because I've never played 64. 64 looks better but I'll never know, I have a N64 but for some reason not the most popular N64 game.
>>
>>383693856

Its really just Pianta Village that's shit.

Noki Bay is annoying but that's what happens with vertical levels.
>>
Explain what exactly you mean by level design.

Because I think what you mean is "I don't like the levels therefore the level design is bad". I think your trying to sound smart like you fucking know shit about videogame design.
>>
>>383694860
I liked the levels a lot more than 64
>>
>>383693856

Of course it was; on top of that they were only able to make 96 challenges and had to pad the remaining 24 shines by scattering blue coins everywhere.

Same thing happened to Wind Waker; what the fuck was Nintendo doing in the Gamecube era.
>>
They ran out of money
>>
GC was pretty much first-party Nintendo's era of "deadlines mean everything"
>>
>>383693856
Worst 3D Mario
>>
File: 1493924142095.jpg (332KB, 1531x887px) Image search: [Google]
1493924142095.jpg
332KB, 1531x887px
As much as I liked sunshine. I have to agree that the blue coin shit is why this game is never gonna be the best 3d mario. Collecting 100 regular coins is also shitty in any mario game.
>>
Reminder that having moons all over the place while the actual objectives give bundles of them is just another way of doing blue coins
>>
>>383696347
>64 looks better
this is the only thing that's objectively worse than sunshine though
>>
>>383693856
Latter half of what? Stage unlocks? Because the worst stage in the game is the third one you encounter.

Latter half of each stage? But the best secret level is in the latter half of Noki Bay.
>>
Sunshine was rushed and so was Wind Waker, google it.
>>
>>383702313
ironic that they're better than the later games that got delayed
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.