[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this worth playing if you enjoyed the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DeusExInvisibleWarCover.png (603KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExInvisibleWarCover.png
603KB, 480x680px
is this worth playing if you enjoyed the original
>>
yes if you go with lowered expectations, it's obviously not as good as the first Deus Ex, the map size in particular was drastically inferior to what a game like DX demands

the story is still better than the Human Revolution series at the very least, and there's more options for builds in IW, for example you either get hacking or cloaking, unlike in HR/MD where you just get everything
>>
>>383689818
No, if only because the loading screens will make you want to claw your eyes out. Especially on Windows 10, where Aero is enabled by default and boots you to desktop whenever you load.

Use this mod if you play it though. Hope you're on W7:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-2-visible-upgrade
>>
>>383689818
Play Deus Ex: The Fall first. Then you'll be like 'damn this Invisible War isn't so bad'
>>
>>383689818
Lower your standards. If you're expecting a linear 00s FPS then you'll be pleasantly surprised, if you're expecting a Deus Ex game then you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>383690932
Why does /v/ hate HR and MD?
>>
>>383692548
Dunno about MD, but HR was GOTY.
>>
>>383692548
Where did I say I hate them? I realized they have some deep flaws, like removing RPG elements ie building your character since you can max out everything and don't need to specialize, XP rewards for everything, kill enemy get XP, hack computer get XP, knock enemy out get XP, to appeal to the instant gratification retards, story of both games is retarded and a poor take on trans-humanism and a laughable take on racism, cinematic cutscene takedowns that break the flow of the game, among many other issues.

They just don't really get what made Deus Ex great. HR and MD are more like caricatures.
>>
>>383692785
It was more of a general question but thank you for answering
>>
>>383689818

don't try to do it in a single run, it will feel like a chore
>>
Project Snowblind was better
>>
>>383689818
Sure, it was good. Not god tier like DX but still good.
>>
>>383692548
The problem with HR is it's the epitome of modern casualization. Everything interesting about deus ex was cut, and the entire game was streamlined into a boring mess. Casuals still like it because it was marketed well.
MD is the same game with more features marketed poorly, so everyone hates it for the most part, or generally didn't play it.
>>
The game starts out like shut but hardly picks up. Most glaring issue will be the small levels where it's obvious they chopped some stuff up and even seemingly took areas out, capping the corridors leading to with inexplicable alcoves and dead ends.

It was built entirely withing that console gen's limits and the game world suffered hard. The gameplay is okay but navigating the menus is awkward and the levels don't offer much freedom. The story isn't actually too bad either.
>>
If the shit tier level design doesn't put you off then it's worth playing.
>>
>>383693245
tried this game recently and no, it's absolute trash, and worse than IW
>>
its worth playing if you haven't played the original and are 6 so you can pretend its a good game when you're old enough to be nostalgic about it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.