[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Eastern-Europeans hate Japanese games so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1491344548859.jpg (174KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491344548859.jpg
174KB, 633x758px
Why do Eastern-Europeans hate Japanese games so much?
>>
File: JC.png (22KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
JC.png
22KB, 207x239px
>>383687514
>>
because the Japanese hate Eastern-European games
>>
Are you people just smashing keyboards pretty much randomly now?
>>
Because they have better taste than (You).
>>
>>383687514
Why do you care so much?
>>
>>383687514
Eastern Europeans hate everything.
>>
Because they prefer complex, non-arcarde games.
>>
Because they have taste.
>>
>>383687514
Eastern Europeans are many things, but they don't hate weeb. In fact I'm sure they're the biggest fucking weeb around. Do you remember when shit like that tank girl anime was released? It was BIG among Polish and Russian.
>>
>>383688091
>tank girl
No shit.
While Russia has a sizeable weeb community, anime and all things weeb are still a pretty big stigma outside of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x743px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x743px
>>383687514
>Eastern-Europeans
>Hating japanese shit

The biggest game developer in Russia named themselves Gaijin Entertainment and one of their first games was pic related.

Slavs can be weebs.
>>
>>383687514
Because eastern european gamers are mostly two types of people:

Normalfags that don't like anything outside their bubble and 2serious4you PCautists that think they are above of Japanese games.

Of course you have the weebs, but they're a very small minority. Most weebs here lean much more towards anime.
>>
>>383687514
>Eastern-Europeans hate Japanese games
I haven't seen nor heard of anything that would indicate that.

If nothing else slavs love weebshit.
>>
>>383687514
Because most Nip games are total trash.
There are some exceptions though.
>>
Because eastern europeans are basically niggers so they're too stupid to understand best quality based nippon videogame
>>
>>383689058
It's not that simple, especially not when it comes to games. Consoles are comparatively much less popular in the east europe, and were only largely available in the second half of 90's meaning that people did not grow up with them. Most people went straight up to building their own PC because that was financially much more acceptable and frankly more interesting too.
And since PC's never had a particularly large library of main-stream or high-profile Japanese games, "weeb-games" never got a chance to even resonate with East-European audiences on larger scales. Plus it is also true that socially, there IS a pretty big stigma against anime aesthetics among older generation. While it was completely OK to be big into western cartoony fantasy, the same could not exactly be said about Jap cartoon fantasy stuff, which was mostly associated with being effeminate, hysteric, childish or deviant.

While anime and general weeboo communities eventually took major root around 2000'nds (in Russia and Hungary even a bit before that), Weeb games never had a platform (quite literally) to stand one, and still had to compete with mostly far more complex and "serious" games people were already acustomed to.

In my country, for an example, I remember that MGS or Final Fantasy games virtually weren't distributed at all. Seriously, the publishers just didn't even bother stocking shops up with them in late 90's.
>>
I tend to like janky eastern euro rpgs made without concern for marketability. They have a strange charm that makes them compelling despite their flaws. Weeb games otoh, go straight in the trash.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.