[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know it will happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 62

File: MvCIupdate.png (2MB, 1364x766px) Image search: [Google]
MvCIupdate.png
2MB, 1364x766px
>Evo reveals and new demo comes out

>New characters are revealed, the roster is confirmed to be 34-40 characters instead of the first leak everyone took for granted even tho not even the leaker was sure about it.
>visuals look significantly better than in the early story demo build, and while not as good as other current 1on1 fighters the difference will be similar to how MvC3 looked worse tthan SF4.
>the gameplay is again confirmed for being solid and better than MvC3 by even more people.

Will you apologize or continue shitting on the game for new reasons?
>>
It's just not going to happen, the game isn't even fun. It has autocombo and is too slow to be considered MvC. I wish we were getting an HD TvC instead
>>
>Asking this to /v/
What did you fucking expect?
>>
>>383686264

MvC3 has autocombo you fucking halfwit. You can turn it off.
>>
File: 1489462029075.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489462029075.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
why are capcops posting here like it's even remotely possible to salve the trash that is their new age business practices

adapt to your playerbase or rot as a company and get bought out in 5 years. sf5 looks like poopoo garbage and infinite looks like a phone game. i'd rather just stay left behind at this point.
>>
It took Capcom almost a year and a half to somewhat fix SF5 (and it still got Ken's dumb face and clipping everywhere)

I doubt they're going to be able to do anything with MvCi in a few months.
>>
The first leak still has not been disproven.
>>
File: 1491812076614.png (157KB, 249x275px) Image search: [Google]
1491812076614.png
157KB, 249x275px
I would be more inclined to try it out on the slim chance that any of that happens.

But why would i apologize for having bad impressions on something that didn't look good from what they showed so far?

If their goal was to stop people from shitting on it they should have shown better content in the first place.
>>
>>383686264
That's pretty dumb considering that TvC is the slowest Vs. game by far.
>>
>>383686195
I just wish it had cross play.
>>
>>383686610
>why would i apologize for having bad impressions on something that didn't look good from what they showed so far?
because you were shitting on the game based on the looks of an outdated alpha build and a rumor about the roster not even the leaker was sure about

>If their goal was to stop people from shitting on it they should have shown better content in the first place.
they fucked up the PR for sure but noone could expect people will make such a flaming blind hatetrain to the game based on the stupidest shit.
>>
File: 1495403185583.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495403185583.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
>>383686195
that probably won't happen though. its would cool if it did. the game needs at least 30 base characters that don't require payment.
>>
File: sadsadsa.jpg (58KB, 913x1029px) Image search: [Google]
sadsadsa.jpg
58KB, 913x1029px
>>383687128
to be fair they shouldn't have released a demo that looks like crap when there and was an old build. they had a perfectly function build that was better then the story demo playable else where at the same time where the least amount of people could play it.
>>
>>383686502
>somewhat fix
>implying
>>
>>383687128
If they are showing footage to the public, they are asking to get judged. That's pretty much the point of releasing early footage. No company is dumb enough to show early gameplay and expect people to not draw conclusions. I dont know why you would expect different.

They game looks graphically sparse and i hold no reservations saying so. A series that usually looks so visually stylish has no business looking as base as it does. Besides, i don't actually care that much about that part anyway.

As it currently stands the roster is far too sparse and safe for my taste. Add to that the fact that they are telling us about dlc characters before the launch roster isnt even confirmed yet is really suspicious.

If the game turns out to be good then i will be glad and play it. With Capcom's recent track record with SF5 i really doubt it though.
>>
>>383687128
>Whoa, an awfully done alpha build with lame models, a stilted story mode, and way too upscaled damage, who would have thought people would be cynical about it afterso many things Capcom fucked up?
I think you're just stupid and probably should never get into PR.
>>
They better fucking do something to get people hyped up again.
>>
>>383686195
I'm not worried about all of that. I'm worried about the boring UI. I have never seen such a boring character select screen in a Capcom game before this. It looks like it's trying to 'look' esports.
>>
>>383688172
>ui
realy
>>
>>383688482
UI is important
>>
>>383688482
Yeah really. The gameplay is fine as far as I can tell but the UI is just bad. The only other Marvel game with a bad UI is MvC3 vanilla.
>>
>>383686195
The game doesn't have enough time for that, such and overhaul would take much more than a few months. In fact the build we are seeing now will have to be near final. Most complaints they won't have time to address.

At best more characters than we thought are there and just haven't been revealed.
>>
It's UMVC3.3 with less characters and shittier graphics. And of course more characters will be coming; for five bucks a pop
>>
>>383686195
>X-Men
>>
It's literally not going to happen so why even ponder such a dumb question?
>>
>>383688892
>The game doesn't have enough time for that
yes it does, since the demo build was already 4 months outdated the time they were made available

that means they still had more than a half year of development since then. The CEO build already looks noticably better even tho it's only 1 month less old
>>
>>383689251
That is a meme that no official outlet has confirmed to be true
>>
Yeah, its fun to dream. When is EVO, anyway?
>>
>>383686195
>MvC3 looked worse tthan SF4

MvC3 looked better than SF4, though.
>>
>>383689251
>The CEO build already looks noticably better even tho it's only 1 month less old
That wasn't a new build created in a month, that was the same build they had at e3 which was different than the story demo.
>>
>>383689418
The effects yeah, but the models in SF4 had more detail and expressions
>>
>>383689350
a few days
>>
>>383688573
>>383688482
no will care much about menus or hud looking bad as long since it's at least it's clear. plus the only good thing the ui did in the previous games was the character select. so ye being more worried about the ui over the characters looking like trash doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>383689643

Ugh, its gonna be a bloodbath.
>>
>>383689714
It'll be fine.
>>
>Crapcom fucked up a Street Fighter game
>They won't fuck up an MvC game

man

you drones are hilarious
>>
>>383689802

Come on man, this thing is a mess. Weird or terrible models, blatant shilling for the movies, Perlmutter's ban resulting in a terrible roster (made worse with idiotic PR statements), DLC out the ass...

The only way it MIGHT be enjoyable is if they release a super special final ultimate edition with all the DLC and tweaks. Until then, why bother?
>>
I'm tired of the Same old Capcom characters. I wanna see characters like Asura, a Hunter, Jin, etc.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1641x724px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1641x724px
>making your game a 2v2 so you don't have to have a substantial roster
>>
>>383690126
The biggest issue with SFV is that it isn't fun to play.
MvC:I is fun to play
>>
>>383690549

>No Punisher
>No Sentry

T R A S H picture.
>>
>>383691196
What can Punisher do that Deadpool can't?
>>
>>383691237
He can have more than 10 decent comics.
>>
even woolie was shiting on it. face it lads. its over
>>
>>383691237

I dont know duide. What the fuck can phoenix wright and chuck greene do that anybody else on the roster cant?
>>
>>383691808
I'm watching his video now. He seems to love the gameplay but dislike the graphics and roster picks, like everyone else.
>>
Ummmmmm why is Thor male?
>>
>>383692345
why wouldn't he be
>>
>>383692586

They might have used Whor instead.
>>
>>383686195
>This much dreaming.
>>
File: Gwenpool_Unmasked.jpg (40KB, 248x418px) Image search: [Google]
Gwenpool_Unmasked.jpg
40KB, 248x418px
>>383691237
What can Deadpool do that Gwenpool can't?
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
>>383686195
I wouldn't really because I was going to be one of those who'd buy the game once all the DLC comes out. Which would still be the case even with this scenario.

It'd shut up a lot of mouths tho, that's for certain. But it's one of those cases where people wouldn't mind being BTFO'd.
>>
>>383692345
Because Thor is cooler than Thot.
>>
>>383693206
Not flop
>>
>>383693206
Be adorable.
>>
>>383691953
Phoenix Wright has gag lawyer moves, so that makes him unique.
Chuck Greene. . . Nothing really if Frank is in
>>
File: 004.jpg (326KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
326KB, 1133x1600px
>th-they made it look shit on purpose!

Why do people think companies do this? When was the last time a company made their game look like absolute shit at first sight just so they could "surprise" people later?
>>
Where the fuck are Deadpool and Spidey anyway? Surely Marvel can't be stupid enough to leave THEM out.
>>
>>383693501
Spidey is on the leak list as well as Venom
Deadpool is an X-Men character, so he will probably be DLC down the line
>>
>>383693465
He's not saying that they made it look bad on purpose, he's saying that it'll be improved before release. He has unrealistic expectations.

Capcom really is in a bad position, if they delay the game, they'll probably have to release closer to Dragon Ball Fighter Z but if they don't, it'll look bad
>>
>>383686195
It's pretty much confirmed at this point that Ryce's big leak was either incomplete or just an amazingly lucky guess, since Zero, who was not on the list, was at E3, and Dormammu is on one of the variant issues they're putting out, who was also not on the list.

And don't worry about spider-man not being on the cover of a Spider-man book, there's two other spidey books that are also getting variants
>>
>>383693465
>they made it look shit on purpose!
No they didn't. The people who played the Versus Demo at E3 talked about how much better the Versus Demo looked than the Story Demo. The Story Demo was a much older build, it was stupid of them to show off that shoddy looking version to the public.

>>383693501
Spidey was playable at E3.
>>
>>383690549
What a fucking normie marvel selection. Like if it was made by someone who was struggling to think of more characters.
>>
>>383693465
how is that
>>
It's not getting fixed. This is straight from the head of Capcom, telling people not to expect any real improvements. The game has to wrap in like 2 weeks and then it will begin preparations for shipping to stores. There is no time left to fix anything, but they can "diminish the effects" of the fuckup, mainly

>"It's interesting to see the feedback on that kind of stuff," Evans told GameSpot. "Not to say that the fans are wrong or nitpicking stuff like that. That feedback is coming and we're hearing that feedback and we're taking it in stride and figuring out how we can improve on things.

>"That said, the game comes out in three months so there's gonna be things that we can do in that time remaining and things that we can't do. When it comes to the overall look of the game, I feel like when people get it in their hands and they see it in motion, they really get what we're trying to do with the cinematic look."

>Evans goes on to say that the stages play a large role in making the characters pop. XGARD was the first backdrop shown off for the game, and due to this particular battleground being fairly dark and having muted lighting, it doesn't really show off the game's colors or characters very well.

>"I think as we show more stages, people will be impressed by the variety, with the look of the game and how the characters pop off it," Evans explained.
>>
>>383694045
>w-why didn't you include my shit nobody characters, where's quasar
>>
>>383694009
This post is wrong on both points.

Dormammu was in the leak. Zero was not, but he said "one other Capcom character that I don't know".
>>
File: 1495131688776.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1495131688776.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>in the beginning they show new shit like Capt Marvel and X
>later show characters we already saw from the last game
>actual new characters will be behind DLC
>putting one of the main villains of the story as DLC
Its over Capbros...
ITS JUST NOT FAIR
>>
>>383694013
>Spidey was playable at E3
Source?
It's kinda weird that Drake Bell will inevitably voice Spiderman in this game
>>
This is Capcom we are talking about. I already learned my lesson with SFV. They are not gonna fix or change shit.
>>
>>383694961
>there is no time to fix
you forget the part where the story demo and even the VS demo was already almost 4 months old when they were showed and we haven't seen the improvement since then. Overall they had more than a half year to improve so there is a nice chance that we will see some improvements at the EVO build.
>>
>>383696419
If it were that old and that easy to fix, we wouldn't have this statement:

>"That said, the game comes out in three months so there's gonna be things that we can do in that time remaining and things that we can't do. When it comes to the overall look of the game, I feel like when people get it in their hands and they see it in motion, they really get what we're trying to do with the cinematic look."

The ugly realistic artstyle is intentional, so that's not being changed. if they thought it was okay to release a 4 month old, hideous build of the game 3 months before release, that's not the fault of the consumer for being worried nothing will improve. And their statements prove they're scrambling, they aren't being smug or confident like they know it's been fixed since then. It isn't GETTING fixed, the head of capcom himself is saying they only have 3 months left to improve it from what we've seen and to keep our expectations realistic, there would be no need for him to say that if he knew in reality the final product was looking better.

also it barely even merits reiterating, but, this kind of back and forth is exactly, EXACTLY, what SFV defenders were doing pre-release. They said it would look better than the beta! Spoilers: It fucking didn't.
>>
>>383696063

Ya know, maybe not. Iron Man has a new VA, but this brought back his old one from 3.
>>
>>383693465
Because nu/v/ is soo shit that they accept reddit posts as truth if it is something to help their shitposting
>>
File: fiQwtB6.jpg (219KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fiQwtB6.jpg
219KB, 960x540px
>>383696882
they did fix some of the faces though.
>>
>>383697436
i don't even know what the before and after is supposed to be here. left is before? right is after? on the left i see the hair sitting properly and on the right it's clipping through her shoulders

the face looks the same in both pics
>>
File: sfvryulaura.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sfvryulaura.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383696882
>if they thought it was okay to release a 4 month old, hideous build of the game 3 months before release, that's not the fault of the consumer for being worried nothing will improve.
I'm pretty sure they didn't expected this much of a backlash. KoF14 also got some negativity for looking bad but nothing on the level of MvCI even tho this game looks much better in motion.

>also it barely even merits reiterating, but, this kind of back and forth is exactly, EXACTLY, what SFV defenders were doing pre-release. They said it would look better than the beta! Spoilers: It fucking didn't.
you are pulling things out of your ass. Noone had any serious problem about SFV's look before release, and the few things people complained about then (like Cammy's face) was even changed.
For visuals even now people are only complaining about little shit like Ken's loading screen expression or Ibuki's winning screen expression
>>
>>383697626
Get your eyes checked. But clipping is still a huge problem in SFV
>>
>>383697782
>Noone had any serious problem about SFV's look before release
Okay mister history revisionist. not reading anything else you have to say if you are gonna try to rewrite history.

>b-but KOFXIV
lol

everyone who actually cared about SNK or KOF knew why it looked like that, because snk were dragging themselves out of the tar pits of pachinko hell. it was amazing the game played as well as it did considering they were starting from basically nothing.

Capcom doesn't have that excuse, they've never had any good excuse, except that money and marketing and sponsorships matter more to them than their players or consumers.

SFV looked like shit in beta with clipping everywhere, ugly proportions, and everyone said "oh, it's just an old build! it's just a beta! the final version will OBVIOUSLY fix these issues!" and then it didn't, it was exactly the fucking same.

now people are repeating the exact same tripe about MVCI, that it's an old build, it's just a beta, it'll magically look better somehow at launch

it's not getting fixed. even if they fixed every single ugly face, it won't fix the atrocious story cutscenes, the horrible dialogue, the further pushes toward total casualization (retard controls are default for the demo to make stupid people feel good at the game, isn't that cute of you capcom)

>>383698348
my eyes are fine. you didn't give me any details on what's supposed to look different. there are sharper lines around her eyebrows? the lighting is different? it doesn't help one is a fucking camera phone shot and one isn't
>>
>>383698506
Her eyes, lips, face shape, and nose have all been changed in the right
>>
>>383698506
>Ugly proportions
That is just the SF artstyle. It's constant in every game in the series
>>
>>383698853
Nnnnno that's only SF4 and 5.
>>
File: TDqYJTw.gif (1013KB, 516x1020px) Image search: [Google]
TDqYJTw.gif
1013KB, 516x1020px
>>383697626
the face clearly looks better and both have hair clipping.

>>383697626
changing the lighting can fix ibuki's face but i duno how difficult or easy that is.
>>383698506
the clipping and a couple of face are the only visual problems sfv has
>>
>>383698934
Then you are blind.
There's literally a guide for Capcom's proportions that they have been using since SF2.
It's why everyone has big hands,feet, and lats.
>>
File: guile-ssf-art.png (345KB, 321x764px) Image search: [Google]
guile-ssf-art.png
345KB, 321x764px
>>383698934
>>
>>383698506
I like how you conveniently forget that KOF XIV has autocombos as well
What is with the double standards?
>>
>>383686264
TvC is way slower than MvCI and the slowest "Marvel-like" to date.
>>
>>
>>
>>383686704
>>383699394
That's my point, if they're going to make it slow just don't make it Marvel
>>
>>383699631
No MvCI is way faster than TvC. They aren't even on the same level, at all.
>>
>>383699631
It's the same speed as MvC3 pretty much aside from the lack of wavedashing
>>
>>383698506
>SFV looked like shit in beta with clipping everywhere, ugly proportions, and everyone said "oh, it's just an old build! it's just a beta! the final version will OBVIOUSLY fix these issues!" and then it didn't, it was exactly the fucking same.
as I said you are pulling shit out of your ass. These are all things people started complaining about after release. Also the people who complained about the "ugly proportions" are the kind of people who didn't even played SF games before. The characters always had "gorilla hands" because it's a good visual game design, not because the modellers seriously thought that's how a realistic human looks like.

>it's okay for KoF to look ugly because SNK didn't had enough money
you seriously don't realise that that's the exact fucking case with Capcom? Ono even said that they didn't had money for SFV before Sony started funding the project. They are releasing 4 times less games these years than they did 5-10 years ago. You have disgusting double standards when it comes to justify your hatered againts Capcom.
>>
File: 81MU8KiXPrL.jpg (393KB, 1430x1903px) Image search: [Google]
81MU8KiXPrL.jpg
393KB, 1430x1903px
>>383699518
You do realize artists still use 70+ year old books to study right?
>>
outta here capcbros
>>
>>383699428>>383699518

any more of these?
>>
>>383699871
You do realize that this is art to facilitate in game design, right?
>>
>>383699871
this art isn't realistic anatomy tho, it's intentionally heavily stylized,
>>
>>383699994
yeah and Nintendo still follows the Super Mario Bros philosophy. Pokemon and Dragon Quest hasn't changed much either
>>
rkappa are activists so theyll just find something else to talk about. that said i think youre wrong about the huge roster. capcom isnt that smart or passionate right now.
>>
>>383686195
I want people who aren't standing to make money from the game to tell me its better then MVC3 before i show any interest and even then DBZF is coming from my favorite fighting game company and looks way better visually and mechanically then Infinite.

Also
>MVC3 looked worse then SF4
In what universe? MVC3 has my second favorite art style in fighting games to date and i disliked the game after spending like 400 hours on it heavily. Its got a great comic looking style to it.
>>
>>383700124
Oh fuck you better tell Toriyama and change Dragon Ball!
>>
>>383699428
>>383699518
these arre great, is there any more?
>>
>>383699853
>oh poor super corporation capcom is on hard times abloobloo

fuck off
>>
>>383700208
Eyes aren't that angular in real life! That hair is unrealistic!
>>
>SFV is shallow trash
>MVCI is slightly less shallow trash

DUDE THE DEPTH THE CREATIVITY DUDE!

Fuck pros i watch gameplay from the last tournaments its builds have been at and all you fucking do is play neutral for 2-3 seconds then do a special/hyper in a attempt to lock down your opponent then tag in freely for a attempt at oki.

It looks like if you threw a sonic boom with Guile and walked behind it but with alot more fluff.
>>
>>383700191
retards have seriously been trying to argue for no reason i can understand, that MVC3 suddenly doesn't look good now. even though it looks fucking fantastic and easily holds up better than most other 5+ year old games
>>
>>383686380
Only on the Vita version.
>>
>>383699871
>>383698506
Btfo

Jesus Christ. What can you possibly say now
>>
File: sf4-vs-mvc3.png (2MB, 2744x720px) Image search: [Google]
sf4-vs-mvc3.png
2MB, 2744x720px
>>383700191
don't kid yourself. The game looked ugly on release and it looks ugly now. People are just forgetting about this so they have more reason to shit on MvCI and Capcom.

>>383700327
says the guy who was exactly like
>oh poor super corporation SNK is on hard times abloobloo
do you have some mental retardation by any chance?
>>
>>383686195
so you expect this game to go beyond expectations when sfv still haven't shown any significant improvements.
>>
>>383700451
At least the oki isn't the only thing this game has like SFV. There's actually high/low mixups and movement options. SFV is literally frame traps: the game
>>
>>383687128
>you were shitting on the game based on the looks of an outdated alpha build
You mean the same build that they were fucking advertising in trailers? Maybe they shouldn't be complete retards and not advertise a game in a state were it looks like shit.
And by the way, it still looks like shit. If they improved anything it sure didn't show.
>>
File: 149129980951.jpg (1MB, 1240x1753px) Image search: [Google]
149129980951.jpg
1MB, 1240x1753px
>>383699871
i know but this is what capcom made and used to design their characters
>>383699925
>>383700275

more art https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131606

video about their art direction
http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024558/Art-Direction-of-Street-Fighter
>>
>>383700557
SFV is run by a Guilty Gear shitter. Guilty Gear is shit, so no doubt SFV is bad. Good thing Woshige isn't touching MvCI
>>
Capcom is a company that post USF4 fighting game wise i want to crash and burn.

SFV has been one huge trainwreck and everything i've seen from MVCI and now touched isn't as bad but is super bland and is getting overhyped and will get SFV numbers out of fucking name sake alone.

Tekken 7 is a legacy game with quality put into it. GGXrdRev2 is amazing and so was Rev. KOF14 is fucking great and unlike Capcom they supped up the fucking netcode. DBFZ looks fucking amazing even if alittle simple at the moment but knowing Arcsys will have alot of meat to it.

Capcom has no business being in the running at all and kiddies who are told to start with SF/won't play any fighter by anyone else but Capcom are poison to the community.

Id rather see the numbers decrease and quality be the norm then have bloated entrants from games like SFV because it has SF in the title.
>>
>>383700557
With how slow SFV is improving, it must have a two man dev team or something. I've seen indie games with faster progress
>>
No matter how much you dress up a turd, it will still be a turd.

The game is fundamentally broken from the root, all the stuff about characters are the cherry on top of the shit cake. There's simply no way to save this game short of completely making it a brand new game.
>>
>>383700551
>SNK
>super corporation
>getting a tiny bit of chinese funding to re-enter game development makes you the same AAA tier as fucking Mega Corporate Capcom

were you dropped on your head as a child?
you're trying to argue MVC3 doesn't look good also, so clearly you were
>>
>>383700765
So you mean to say the gameplay is fundamentally flawed? How so?
>>
even tho the lvl 3 super for Ryu is impressive, I hate it.
takes too long to come off for some shitty (hey remember when Ryu has a bad form?) moment and takes you out of the gameplay for too long
>>
>>383700551
What is funny is Ryu from MVC3 looks better in motion then Ryu in SF4 and you took Ryus battle entrance versus that where hes doing nothing. Also Ryu in MVC3 was one of the most lackluster looking.

Look at Vergil Sentinel Nemesis all beautiful examples. A few have mediocre faces but everyone else is great. SF4 has tons of ugly shit that looks like clay. UMVC3 , 2 and even the original look 100x better then MVCI.

>>383700645
Yeah that is why i said its slightly less shallow it felt like dumbed down MVC3 with no current glitches and no assists.

SFV will always be trash until Capcom improves pokes and adds atleast 2 more defensive core mechanics. But that will never happen.
>>
File: 12984892949243.jpg (16KB, 323x326px) Image search: [Google]
12984892949243.jpg
16KB, 323x326px
>>383686195

>MVC3 looked worse than SF4
>>
>>383700742
>Woshige
>Man who cannot count to two and got bodied by Ogawa
>Anything close to a rep for GG now

He can stay as a highlight reel joke we have enough Millias who rinse and repeat to top 8s anyways. Also id say Combofiend is far more to blame. That dumb spic shitter has always been a braindead hold forward jumping autist. The whole game feels balanced around letting dumb fucks like him who would rather hit buttons then think do what they want. Atleast in GG you can keep Millia out and hitting her twice is death.
>>
>>383686264

Autocombo can be turned off, and tournaments probably won't have it on.
MVC3 took some time to get fast, so you can't judge it right now. Odds are it will be even faster than 3 with the tag.
>>
>>383686195
>s-sorry guys, t-that wasn't the actual demo. H-here, take this one, it's better. W-we were just joking hahahaha lol
>>
>>383700812
>Capcom
>AAA tier
Anon, they were mere steps from financial ruin by the end of last gen. Sure they've got cash NOW thanks to Sony and doubling down on MH but still
>>
>>383687582

The problem is how submitting stuff to PSN/LIVE works. They probably sent the demo for approval before touching up the graphics, which is the last step of development.
>>
>>383700905
Not him but its just using specials/supers to tag in to lock people down. It has some high lows/command grabs/pressure strings you can create but all i've seen from "pros" is the former. Use big beam super from characters like Captain Marvel etc and then tag in to attempt a high low.

For example i play Ky in GG. Its like if they took landing a 2D into split ceil fireball meaty oki and made it a game thus far.
>>
>>383699853
Fuck you, /v/ had hourly threads about how SFV looked just like/worse than SFIV before release.
>>
>>383701071
>No assists
You know you're wrong about that, right?
What the hell is a current glitch
>>
>>383686195
>and then you wake up
>>
File: 1496197989228.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496197989228.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
>>383701361
can't they quick patch the demo? and why is making the visuals the last step?
>>
File: 1429744845686.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429744845686.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>383686195
>capcom drones are so desperate that they have to rely on pure hypotheticals to make their game look less shit
lovin every laugh
>>
>>383701469
I mean MVCI has no current exploitable glitches like TAC infinites. I had no issue with dealing with them in UMVC3 but they are indeed a unintended glitch.
>>
File: mvcidatamine.jpg (523KB, 2198x3074px) Image search: [Google]
mvcidatamine.jpg
523KB, 2198x3074px
>>383694009
>>383695561

You're both wrong.
Ryce leak had one Capcom character missing, so Zero didn't disprove his leak.
Dormammu only appeared on the datamine leak, that was already proven right when Dahren Mohran appeared in the E3 story trailer. He appearing in the variant cover proves he is playable, and that Ryce's list was incomplete, not wrong. The datamine also has Frank West, Haggar and Ghost Rider, which we know will most likely be base roster because they're recycled assets, with Venom, Winter Solder and Grandmaster being wildcards as base roster, dlc or just story npcs.
>>
>>383701321
>Anon, they were mere steps from financial ruin by the end of last gen.
Sony and MS have been riding the red line of zero sum profits for the better part of a decade.

Capcom was never going to go bankrupt. If it had actually come close to that then some investors would just bail them out. They are considered AAA whether or not their financials actually check out, even just going by their roster of profitable IPs which is near-limitless.

The problem is that most of the company is staffed by shit-flinging howler monkeys who can't seem to just hit an idea square and center and always fuck their shit up somehow before release. So they make profits due to AAA brand recognition, but never as much as they WOULD have made, had they not been idiots. And clearly no amount of colossal failures can sink them.

Think of how much money they dumped into SFV even with Sony backing and they still couldn't make a good video game, they were celebrating selling 100k copies every six months and somehow they aren't in any danger of bankruptcy
>>
File: chun statue.jpg (97KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
chun statue.jpg
97KB, 960x540px
>>383696419

Common, nigga. Dante's fucked up "artwork" appears in a toy box, and Ug-li one of the collectors edtion statues.
>>
>>383701469
The game has no assists you faggot. The entire layer of depth that Assist moves added to the game is gone for character swapping which isn't the same thing and won't have the same level of tactical depth

they just made tag-ins free, which is not deep and doesn't supplement the layer of strategy ACTUAL Assist moves provided, not just in team composition but in timing, zoning, etc
>>
>>383701632
TAC infinites didn't appear till after release, not to mention, it's not a good thing.
>>
>>383701247
the sad thing is people truly believe this is basically what will happen, that capcom will blow their minds by suddenly having an entirely different video game that isn't shit, just 2 months after the demo. despite the head of capcom himself being like "i am super disgusted" and saying "listen there is shit we can fix and shit we can't in just a month"

but that kind of response, from someone so high up, makes you wonder how the fuck the guy never got any status updates or screenshots of the project-- presumably you would want to be "on top" of such a massive project representing two mega-super-giant companies
>>
>>383702370
Let's see what assists were used for in MvC 1,2, and 3 and how they're supplemented in MvC: I
>Cover space
You can do this by simply beam then switch. Or infinity gem
>OTGs
Every character has built in OTGs
>Buffs/debuffs
Infinity gem
>Combo extension
Switch cancel.

The only thing that is lost is having as assist without switching characters, and infinity gems can cover that too
>>
>>383702723
i don't think the head of capcom said that.
>>
>>383700742
how does he have any real say over netcode. quality of life changes. like combofiend and ono they are pr guys. and even if it was a gg player. sfv would be alot faster.
>>
>>383702370

You have a character's entire moveset at your disposal for you to tag out. How's that not deeper? Even fucks like Ryu can be relevant now since you can make his shoryuken safe, or make them hold a tatsu since you can't pushblock a tagged out character.
>>
>>383702834
wow you have completely changed my mind i can't wait for Functions vs Functions Infinite. who cares about how the game feels because we have bits and pieces of all these functions through more annoying and obtuse systems you never asked us for!
>>
>>383686195

This is why the game will probably bomb >>383703134. People will always find something to hate. Hating Capcom is the cool thing to do now, even if some of the hate is justified.
>>
>>383689695
It makes sense to complain about because the UI is something they could actually fix in these last two months before launch. It's too late to double the roster size, improve the artstyle or overhaul the face models but the UI at the very least is a very simple problem to fix.
>>
>>383702545
Yes it is, mvc has always been busted as fuck. That is why it is fun.
>>
>>383702939
Michael Evans is the Director of Production at Capcom.

>"Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting," Evans said jokingly. " Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man."

>"We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that."

>we want to make our fans happy that's why we made a game with nearly half the roster of mvc3 and added preorder characters AND a season pass AND there's already character DLC placeholders in the code AND we simplified the game even further AND we clearly made no effort on the artstyle and are going to pretend like we ONLY JUST NOTICED THIS 2 MONTHS BEFORE LAUNCH

>>383703558
>it's cool to hate on capcom
>even if they are justified in hating them

fuck off dude. capcom's stupidity is hurting them too, not just us. their products are visibly hurting from their lack of interest in making a good product over a marketable product. all they care about now is profits above all else, everyone is pushing esports and shit for the profits, FGC was perfectly happy before esports and nurtured a passionate community of people who cared about games enough to get good at them, not to wait for capcom to make their IPs more and more retard simple until a chimp could mash buttons and defeat a pro like SFV.
>>
>>383704107
but that doesn't sound like a jap name, iscapcom jp not the head.
>>
>>383693465
Some companies do do this but it's not intentional, it's just something that happens when you show a game off while it's still in development. For instance with recent NRS games the models look waaay worse when the games are first shown and then look significantly better by release because it's something they work on later in the development cycle. Though in those cases the games were shown off much earlier than MvCI has been. It's probably too late for Marvel too improve that much at this point.
>>
>>383704360

The difference is that NRS probably knew it was unfinished and that people would say the models were ugly. Capcom truly believe their models are fine.
>>
>>383686195
We both know that there's no salvaging this game at this point. It's nice that Capcom actually developed this in-house, but it's a 4/10 effort at best.
>>
>>383699267
That's a promotional illustration. Has nothing to do with in-game graphics.
>>
>>383705365
yes but that's what they were meant to look like they just didn't have to tech or skill back then notice how as tech got better the characters started to resemble their art work more.
>>
>>383705746
That's not how the development process worked at all. The illustrations were done by a completely different department after the games were more or less done.
>>
>>383699215
>since SF2.
That guide is most assuredly post-SF2. It has Demitri on the cover, after all. And Akiman has said that it was only after SF2 that the spriters really started developing their figure drawing skills, because the new cel-shaded art style demanded it.
>>
File: 1497495263648.jpg (29KB, 355x265px) Image search: [Google]
1497495263648.jpg
29KB, 355x265px
>>383693206
that Gwenpool shit look like content taken straight out of a tumblr post.
>>
>>383699342
I'm curious for those who have tried the MvCI demo how is the damage on the autocombos? In KoF the damage is absolutely laughable and almost no one uses them because of that.
>>
>>383700812
They didn't even get chink money my man. The game was already well into development when the buyout happened.
>>
>>383706579

It's the same as if you had done it manually. But we know that combos in Marvel are waaaaay beyond the magic series.
But you can turn it off anyway, I don't know why you're worried about that.
>>
>>383686195
How much Capcom pays, anon?
If I work with y'all, do I have to post a new thread praising capcom games every day like you, or can I take breaks during weekends?
>>
File: Vega-conceptart.jpg (237KB, 1559x469px) Image search: [Google]
Vega-conceptart.jpg
237KB, 1559x469px
>>383706043
>what is concept art
>>
>>383707162
Something entirely different from promotional illustrations, that's what. Here's concept art of Demitri.
>>
File: 1499539127269.png (301KB, 916x970px) Image search: [Google]
1499539127269.png
301KB, 916x970px
>>383706908
>>383706908
>But you can turn it off anyway

thank god for that because Marvel wouldn't be Marvel without the 10 jabs hit confirms.
>>
File: demibutt.png (158KB, 254x427px) Image search: [Google]
demibutt.png
158KB, 254x427px
>>383707536
For got the pic. Anyway, this is concept art. I.e. stuff actually drawn by the game's developers during the development of the game, when they were deciding what the characters would look like. Note how it strongly resembles his in-game sprites.
>>
File: Darkstalkers_TNW_Demitri.png (418KB, 670x900px) Image search: [Google]
Darkstalkers_TNW_Demitri.png
418KB, 670x900px
>>383707637
Now here's a promotional illustration of Demitri, drawn when the game was almost finished by someone who wasn't really involved with the development of the game at all. Notice how it looks completely different! Because, as noted, it's drawn by someone else, and has little to do with the development of the game itself.
>>
>>383707781
okay whatever dude the concept art still has the proportion that sf has always had which is what i was getter at these "new" proportion aren't new sf characters have always been bulky.
>>
>>383686195
MvC3 didn't look worse than SF4. SF4's style and engine were terrible.
>>
>>383694009
>Spiderman and Deadpool
>no spiderman or deadpool
>>
>>383710259
>>383701104
>the delusion
MvC3 looked like dogshit sompared to SF4. See >>383700551
>b-but it looked better in motion
no it didn't. It was way more stiff and had less detailed animations and particle effects
>>
>>383711308
nah u a pleb
>>
>>383688482
It's legit some marvel champions ui shit they have going.
>>
File: umvc3sf4.jpg (1000KB, 1600x1621px) Image search: [Google]
umvc3sf4.jpg
1000KB, 1600x1621px
>>383711308

I'll leave anons unrelated to the discussion to voice their opinion
>>
fighting games are for niggers
>>
>>383711429
>>383711932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20Fwj6DtX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZk2HjgBso

MvC3 always looked like a mobile game even tho SF4 was out 4 years before.
>>
File: why.png (531KB, 915x510px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
531KB, 915x510px
>download MVCI demo
>see the awful models, backgrounds, ui, and cutscenes
>autocombo
>stones
>uninstall and go back to MVC3
wow they really screwed up this time
>>
>>383687128
By leaker you mean ryce? You do know another leak happened that proved itself by predicting Meio and Dahren Mohran?
>>
>>383686195
They can add all the characters they want, the problem is that the game is fucking dull to play. The current roster itself isn't even bad but most of the cast is very railroaded in how you can play them, it's not fun.
>>
File: mvci faces.jpg (141KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
mvci faces.jpg
141KB, 599x599px
>>383689251
>>383686195
Except they already revealed the official character renders on their website and they look like shit.
>>
>>383712529

Look how clunky SF4 is. It looks like it has frames missing everyhere.
>>
>>383699115
Koksal Baba is that you?
>>
>Giving modern Marvel a dime
>>
>>383714391
that's how cancel combos work you faggot. You cancel one part of the animation into another move. This worked the same way since SF2, and even in MvC if you are actually cancelling anything.
>>
>>383712529
I think it's understandable when there are way more particle effects and up to 6 characters on screen at once.
>>
>>383714703
think you replied to the wrong post.
>>
>>383714703
meant this to >>383713487

>>383714904
seems like
>>
>>383701321
Bullshit they were, a single Monster Hunter (4U) gave them enough money to create a whole new studio years ago, and that's not even the best selling MH.
>>
>>383700163
>rkappa
when will this fanboyish boogeyman excuse die?
>>
>>383703558
>some of the hate
>>
>>383714391
Can't unsee
>>
File: koksal ibuki.jpg (180KB, 960x932px) Image search: [Google]
koksal ibuki.jpg
180KB, 960x932px
>>383699115
>>383714391
>>383715364
>>
>>383713263
they actually look completely alright except for only the faces of dante/chun/chris and maybe captain america.

It's really amazing how shitposting with this one single image persuades everyone how all of the character models look like shit when there is really nothing wrong with anything else.

It' also not unimaginable that they will fix these 3 faces since when SFV was in development they also fixed Cammy's and Karin's face after people complained about it.
>>
File: mvci rocket.jpg (687KB, 2000x2870px) Image search: [Google]
mvci rocket.jpg
687KB, 2000x2870px
>>383715435
>they actually look completely alright
The fuck is wrong with you? They look like models from 1990s cg cutscenes. MVC3 models look so much better it's not even funny.
>>
>>383715435
I think this post explains the defense force this game is getting, it's because you people have extremely low standards. Also it's not just the horrible faces, it's everything.
>>
>>383701805
Everyone who is on a variant is playable they never said if they were dlc though and seeing as how much they are pushing dlc I am not getting my hopes up they just promised season 1 would be new characters
>>
>>383715642
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma
>>
>>383714703

I'm not talking about cancels, I'm talking about how a simple sweep or hadouken motion hurts your eye because of how badly animated it is.
>>
>>383715435
Spencer's dreads look like actual turds.
>>
>>383715534
>>383715637
You realise that the reason these characters look creepy is because there is no lighting in these pics whatsoever? When I meant they look completely alright I meant with actual lighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLoY8XJYtQ
>>
>>383715743
are you fucking kidding?
I mean if that looks shit to you then you have no right to defend MvC3 since it is literally just twice as "bad". SF4 animations are way more detailed in general.
>>
File: mvci hawkeye cover.jpg (306KB, 990x1503px) Image search: [Google]
mvci hawkeye cover.jpg
306KB, 990x1503px
>>383715642

Hawkeye have 4 characters in his cover. I thought each cover would have 1 Marvel and 1 Capcom, but that threw me off.
Let's wait and see.
>>
>>383716185

Balrog's sweep literally looks like his arm detach from his body.
>>
>>383716265
Just saying, sigma and ultron are rivals yet one is dlc I bet they are on the same cover though. Just because their on a cover with someone on the base roster does not mean they are not dlc
>>
tl;dr of this thread

mvci looks bad, mvc3 looks good
>>
>>383716379

Yeah, I know dlc will be in the covers, since Black Panther will have a variant.
I was betting on a 34 man base roster and 6 dlc 40 character by the end of the year, each pair sharing a variant cover, which we know will be 20.
>>
>>383714826
of course it is understandable, but this is the exact same reason MvCI will never look like Injustice 2 too.

You have to maintain a solid 60 fps while 4 characters are throwing huge particle effects and ultras at each other at the same time.
>>
>>383716587
The problem is some comics do not match up with who we know, dormamu makes sense for spider man and deadpool since he was referenced in it, but winter solider does not line up with any comics getting a cover I think they are showing off season one and season 2 dlc on these covers until someone not on the leak list is revealed
>>
>>383716852

Yup, that and the Hawkeye cover having 4 characters threw me off on my theory.
>>
File: Really.png (196KB, 473x471px) Image search: [Google]
Really.png
196KB, 473x471px
>>383686195
>If Capcom fixes everything wrong with their game will you apologize?
Why should I apologize? It's their game, not mine. They are the ones that should apologize for posting sub-optimal footage and gameplay of their game. In fact, they should be thanking our asses for making them turn their mediocre game into a decent one.

Obligatory food analogy: if you go to a restaurant, and you see an item on the menu that doesn't look good, but the host gives you a sample to try it out. It's shit. It looks like shit, it tastes like shit, and all the people you see eating it are really trying, almost forcing themselves, to like it. People don't like the food, so the restaurant changes the recipe, and you should for some reason apologize for this?

Honestly wish this game never existed.
>>
>>383713263
How did they manage to fuck up Chun Li so much in MVCI when SFV she was one of the few things they actually got right.
>>
I hate the roster but after watching some of the pros play it looks like there is a lot of potential there gameplay wise. It still looks like dog shit though and again that shitty roster. Still buying for Thanos though
>>
>>383716998
Are people become mentally handicapped and are unable to understand if a game is still in development?

>muh brilliant food anaolgy
on a menu you see already finished products, the sample is also a sample from the already finished product.
that's nothing like getting a sample of an unfinished alpha build and seriously believing that the game will have no changes from then

>but muh capcom shouldn't give us early access shit
you didn't had to pay anything for it did you?
>>
>>383717586

Maybe he planned on paying, and after that free sample, not anymore.
>>
>realistic artstyle
Into the trash.
>>
>>383718000
I've literally just described it but is it really that hard to understand the difference between the "free sample from a finished product" and the "free sample from something still in development" ?
>>
File: 10 int.png (175KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
10 int.png
175KB, 303x311px
>>383718180
So again, they change what they made because it wasn't liked, and I should apologize for this? There is nothing to apologize for, they gave me a sample to provide my opinion, and I did exactly that.
>>
>>383718410
you should apologize for spreading the bullshit like how the game will only have 21-28 character roster and the graphics will be equal to the alpha build, because that's the exact reason people are shitting on this game.

no matter how decent or good the game actually turns out, noone gives a fuck about it anymore because of all the spread misinformation from flaming faggots like you
>>
File: OA%20-%20Phoenix.jpg (147KB, 649x1580px) Image search: [Google]
OA%20-%20Phoenix.jpg
147KB, 649x1580px
NO PHOENIX NO BUY
>>
File: 1491730470027.png (638KB, 903x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1491730470027.png
638KB, 903x1920px
>>383686195
I'll apologize when Capcom apologizes to me for never patching Marvel 3
>>
File: 1497345781137m.jpg (71KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
1497345781137m.jpg
71KB, 1024x570px
>>383719574

No pls. I don't want to see what they would do to poor Phoenix
>>
>>383686264
>TvC is good meme
I played TvC with both wiimote and Gamecube controller. Nunchuk it is no joke a one button fighter. Gamecube it is a two button fighter with a third button dedicated to fireball spam. Why the bloody fuck do people praise this garbage?
>>
>>383695414
>w-why didn't you include my shit nobody characters, where's quasar
you say this when they have characters like Tessa, Spencer, and Ruby Heart on the Capcom side.
>>
>>383719609
why was Crimson Viper selected as SFIV representative in marvel 3 anyway?
>>
>>383719981

Because they started doing it before they released Super, so they didn't know if Juri would be popular.
>>
File: MVCI_1706_Zero_001.png (617KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
MVCI_1706_Zero_001.png
617KB, 1000x563px
>>383719782
the stylized characters like X/Zero/Arthur look good in the game so Phoenix would probably look alright with his anime looks

the problem is that they are mostly avoiding stylized characters for the sake of the cinematic artstyle
>>
>>383693923
Can't they delay to a holiday release?
>>
File: sf4viper2[1].jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sf4viper2[1].jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>>383719981
BEcause Viper was getting a huge push. She was even supposed to get her own game but that was scrapped when they realized no one liked Angelina Jolie with hamburger tits
>>
>>383720152
>cinematic artstyle
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383720280
she was actually pretty popular in Japan

I think the west just didn't liked her fancy hair
>>
>>383720406
The west didn't like her bullshit mixup playstyle and SNK reject looks, no.
>>
>>383720345
that's what they said, which pretty much just means that they want to make the artstyle look more realistic. Probably that's why they are giving "detailed/realistic skin" to characters like Dante but it looks like they went overboard and now he looks like a meth addict.
>>
>>383719218
It's Capcom's own damn fault for not properly showing off their game. They've had 7 months to get people excited about this and they've squandered every opportunity beyond the initial announcement. When that first leak happened their response should have been to make a trailer for some of the characters who weren't in it to assuage people's fears. Instead they did nothing for months and then put out a demo and trailers that do nothing to make the game actually look good while announcing DLC fighters waaaaay too fucking early. If you need to blame someone for this game's tarnished reputation then the only one to point fingers at is Capcom's marketing department.
>>
>>383716678
But it's still lackluster for this generation, and the art style and colours are bland.
>>
File: Viper_full_pose.jpg (50KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Viper_full_pose.jpg
50KB, 1024x1024px
>>383720280

Her tits on mvc3 are glorious though.
>>
>>383720750
it's clear Capcom fucked up the PR big time with the game but people should also be able to realise obvious things before starting their bullshit spreading hate train campaign. Like the game's "still in development" state got completely ignored because "there is not enough time to fix the game anyway" but they stated that what we've seen is already a 3-4 months outdated build and and the newer build (the vs demo) still showed a lot of development compared to the older build (story demo)
>>
>>383719835
So you didn't play the game. It has the same light, mid and heavy buttons as MvC and also a partner button. There's no dedicated fireball button. You must have been playing with some "retard" button setting like what they have in ASW games now where you can just mash buttons.
>>
>>383686195
There's little reason to believe this will turn out well. I won't shit on it but I'm not going to praise it.
>>
>>383719835
> t. I only used basic mode and didn't turn off the easy mode
>>
>>383691808
Darlington's opinions are of no value, he vastly overestimates his skill at fighting games his fundamentals are trash and when he brute forces it and spends 100 hours in training mode to be able to do BnB's most of the time he doesn't get beyond ok at anything, SFV is the most basic you can get and he's not even fucking gold in it
>>
Lets just hope it doesn't become a "No X-Men Sky"
>>
What annoying is inconsistent the visuals are. Ultron looks good, Iron Man and Nova look better than their mvc3 version cause their metal doesn't look like plastic anymore. But then you have the horrible faces on Dante and Chun and Rocket who just looks unfinished.
>>
File: green goblin.jpg (486KB, 1031x1566px) Image search: [Google]
green goblin.jpg
486KB, 1031x1566px
>>383690549
Replace Carnage with Stromin Norman. He deserves to have been in a Vs by now.
>>
>>383723451
I wonder if in the next trailer they will specifically zoom in/focus on Chun's /Dante's faces to point it out that they got fixed (if they get fixed at all I mean)

Chun is a female character so she will surely get some love but Dante's face is probably doomed.
>>
>>383700509
No, simple mode is in every version.
>>
>>383715435
Dante's hair is the wrong color
Dante's pants are the wrong color
Dante's clothes are too shiny
Dante's guns are in the wrong hands
>>
File: Beauty_and_the_Beast_Vol_2_3.jpg (78KB, 400x619px) Image search: [Google]
Beauty_and_the_Beast_Vol_2_3.jpg
78KB, 400x619px
Found a copy of this at a collectible store recently. I know he would be a horrible choice under the current circumstances but I'd love to have Gaston as an additional character after 54 or so including X-Men and all the Capcom classics.
>>
Anything that fucks with Miles "I hate Chrono Trigger" Maximilian is fine in my book.
>>
>>383724514
>Dante's guns are in the wrong hands
Doesn't that depend on which direction he's facing since it's a fighting game?
>>
>>383699871
Loomis's books are good.
>>
File: image.png (33KB, 1103x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33KB, 1103x600px
>>383686195
Have you completely forgotten street fighter 5?

It's the same capcom anon. They're gonna do it all over again, ad I'm not gonna go along for the ride.

Enjoy your buyers remorse. I'll be joining the hype train instead of your death trap.
>>
>>383724514
>Dante's guns are in the wrong hands
no they are not, you literally got memed with the shitposted reverse image

>Dante's clothes are too shiny
they should have always been shiny in the first place

>Dante's hair is the wrong color
>Dante's pants are the wrong color
kind of true but don't forget that the model showcase didn't even had lighting. They probably intentionally made her hair darker to avoid making it too bright ingame

The only real wrong is his dumb expression and his meth addict skin.
>>
>>383724991
SFV's problem was the lack of content and bad online on launch and now the boring neutral gameplay

MvCI already confirmed to not have these issues, the only question is how big the base roster will be and wheter they improve on the visuals till release or not
>>
>>383702370
Essentially you can use any move as an assist now.
>>
File: image.png (66KB, 267x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66KB, 267x300px
You know maybe we are whining to the wrong people.

What if we start complaining to Sony? I mean this is a timed exclusive right? Why don't we show our displeasure for the marketing and models? Tey will have to do something about it since it'll be on their system. I mean they are probably the main ones who would want it to sell. What do you guys think. We still have 3 months left. Let's whine to Sony. I mean if capcoms not gonna learn, Sony should teach them a lesson.
>>
File: Muh feethers.jpg (116KB, 1920x2004px) Image search: [Google]
Muh feethers.jpg
116KB, 1920x2004px
>>383686195
>Wtf i hate dark hado now?
This kills the lorefag
>>
File: image.png (261KB, 622x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
261KB, 622x534px
>>383716265
This looks like one of those "make your own manga".

This game is fucked. They aren't taking it seriously at all.
>>
>>383719609
It wasn't their fault. The deal with Disney expired.
>>
>>383723451
I hate what they've done to the Proton Canon.
>>
>>383715960
So then capcom is fucking up their own lighting even though they are vets when it comes to videogames? Great defence.
>>
File: 07_mvcicovers04.jpg (287KB, 990x1503px) Image search: [Google]
07_mvcicovers04.jpg
287KB, 990x1503px
>>383726102
Not him but there are other covers too, like this one.
>>
>>383724776
Nope the left side is the correct side yet the guns are still wrong on the left
>>383725069
>shitposted reverse image
they're the wrong way in game too
>always been shiny
you're saying that the dmc games got it wrong but infinite is portraying him the way he should be?
>they intentionally colored him wrong
come on
>the only real wrong is his dumb expression
also his entire face model
>>
>>383686195
>>New characters are revealed, the roster is confirmed to be 34-40 characters instead of the first leak everyone took for granted even tho not even the leaker was sure about it.
>>visuals look significantly better than in the early story demo build, and while not as good as other current 1on1 fighters the difference will be similar to how MvC3 looked worse tthan SF4.
>>the gameplay is again confirmed for being solid and better than MvC3 by even more people.
theres no proof or reason to think any of this will happen.

shill thread

fuck mvci
>>
>>383711932
All I can see from this is that marvel looks more cell shaded and its colors pop out more than street fighter. That's not a bad thing. Marvel 3's whole thing was that it was supposed to look like a comic book. It kinda got it right.
>>
>>383725990
>ryu
>not hating dark hado
he already got the upper hand againt's the dark hado multiple times. It's completely faithful to the lore and shows that the devs finally cared about a character's legacy in this game. I just hope more other characters will have similar ultras.
>>
>>383725990
I like it, in sfv story mode ryu finally overcomes the dark hado, and instead gets pure hado. Ryu in marvel 3 had this in his moveset. I like it. I hate sf5 though.
>>
File: timelines.jpg (44KB, 636x448px) Image search: [Google]
timelines.jpg
44KB, 636x448px
>>
>>383727207
i dont understand
>>
>>383726572
>>383727047
Wait Ryu is actually suppose to be free from that bullshit now?
Fucking when, that stupid ass fight he had with the pro jobber Necalli?
If that's so then im dissapointed to say the least.
>>
>>383727207
Well, they could do a day-1 patch to fix Chun-Li's face.
>>
>>383727428
No, the whole story mode had ryu on a journey trying to find himself. He finally beats it. There's a good moment where ryu's headband flys off towards Ken and he says "I guess you don't need it anymore huh", ryu just smiles and picks it back up. The dissapointing thing is that Necali had almost nothing to do with story mode. He was just a jobber with a jobber moveset.
>>
File: mvcidante.png (1012KB, 1082x570px) Image search: [Google]
mvcidante.png
1012KB, 1082x570px
>>383726294
>you're saying that the dmc games got it wrong but infinite is portraying him the way he should be?
exactly since on the ps2 they couldn't add proper shine effect on him but the material of his clothes were always supposed to be like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaX1-T9LY9A

>they're the wrong way in game too
no they are not, you didn't even took the time to check it before starting to spread bullshit. You are the perfect example of the MvCI hate train bandwagon shitposters.
>>
>>383727428
he will never be fully free, he's just getting better and better at fighting it
>>
>>383727732
>dante's coat is supposed to be shines guys
>he just never had that in ANY of his games

Never post about devil may cry again.
>>
>>383727975
At least address the video he posted, dude.
>>
>>383727881
Wrong. He beat it in 5. He now has pure hado. Or "nothingness" as Goken says.
>>
>>383727270
I think it means unless what was shown most recently is months and months old, shit isn't going to get fixed by release. Then again why would they show off something that looks more unpolished and less refined than the latest build they had, it'd only give them bad press wouldn't it?
>>
>>383727428
>Fucking when
Since 1999. We knew Ryu had gotten over the Dark Hadou since Third Strike, and he just lived his life as a wandering fighter for fun.
Given that SFV takes place immediately before SFIII, there wasn't much room left to give him his moment of overcoming his demons and attaining the Power of Nothingness. Still a big letdown that Necali was so easily beaten.
>>
File: Dante- (32).jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dante- (32).jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
>>383727975
>he just never had that in ANY of his games
>any of his games
you realise we are talking about dmc3 dante right? That's ONE fucking ps2 game and I've just explained that the system couldn't handle that sort of effect, but even if you can even see this shit on his pre-rendered artworks in the game.

will you continue damage controling yourself or admit that you are just a flaming faggot?
>>
>>383728046
Okay, it's a fucking comercial with carrying darkness and light, showing his leather coat. Meanwhile gameplay shows Dante in full light and his plastic as fuck coat is shimmering everywhere.

I have a fucking Dante figure from capcom themselfs of dmc1 Dante. His hit isn't shiney. Why? Because even though it's plastic they know it's supposed to be leather.

Leather shouldn't light up like a fucking Christmas tree unless it's bedazzled.

Don't get upset with me, get upset with the shitty development that has no care for the characters they flaunt.
>>
I'm really just confused about all this.
Disney should be giving Capcom a huge budget from the success of the MCU.
Why is NeatherRealm the one with the top notch production values and the not-A lister cinematic universe characters?
>>
>>383728617
uh, shiny leather is a thing you know
>>
>>383728482
No, it's ducking leather. And as you can see fro that artwork, he isn't lit up like the fucking Christmas tree he is in marvel infinite. Damage control? IM SHOWING THE DAMAGE.

And saying the ps2 couldn't handle shine textures is fucking retarded.
>>
They must've been given the smallest budget because even the fucking UI looks awful an ugly.
>>
>>383728660
Because Marvel Comics is utterly fucking itself and the Marvel Movies basically isolated themselves from that chain of command, the Marvel Cinematic Universe are the only thing keeping the Marvel name from collapsing into a vat of shit. In all likelihood, Capcom is having to deal with the comics and upper management sides of Marvel, meaning they're being fucked with by fuckheads like Perlmutter.
>>
>>383727732
Are you kidding me? He's fighting in the rain in that commercial
Also yes, I did check. I believed you when you said that I was fooled but I looked again and it really is wrong
>>
>>383728840
if you seriously don't believe that the ps2 had limitations with the lighting effects you are probably not even old enough to post on this site

on the pre rendered art it clearly shows how much contrast lighting gives to his clothes, while ingame he lacked any kind of lighting effect, but not because that was how he canonically looked like.
>>
>>383729195
Makes sense.
>>
Could you guys just compromise and say that leather should be significantly reflective but it's *too* shiny even in the stages that are supposed to be dark?
>>
File: f3b466dad24bbd7ed190953fd7094654.jpg (128KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f3b466dad24bbd7ed190953fd7094654.jpg
128KB, 800x1000px
>>383729580
>Also yes, I did check. I believed you when you said that I was fooled but I looked again and it really is wrong
is there any chance you might be mentally handicapped? You fucking checked it and you still believe that they are wrong? Just compare this image with the one I've posted earlier.

>Are you kidding me? He's fighting in the rain in that commercial
you mean in the first 3 seconds and only there right? That's where your attention span stopped or what?
Here is more if you don't believe that his clothes are supposed to be shiny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKEJV-Etcw
>>
>KoF XIV got meme'd to death and now it's Marvel's turn

Anyone that says graphics don't matter is deluding themselves.
>>
Are people even excited for this? Does it look like it'll sell?
>>
>>383730465
It will sell, I imagine a lot of kids will end up buying it.
>>
File: fchamp2.png (369KB, 540x860px) Image search: [Google]
fchamp2.png
369KB, 540x860px
>>383730290
True, if one got shat on why shouldn't the other?
>>
>>383730701

Fucking kids...
>>
>>383730465
The gameplay looks dope imho but most of the visuals are pretty bad. I'll probably buy it when it's fixed.
>>
>>383730827
It's not that bad, If it can get kids interested in the game and fighting games in general.
>>
>>383730968

Yes it is! If this sells its a big sign saying to Capcom "go ahead with your stupid DLC business model, we don't care."
>>
>>383731223
We don't even know for sure how the full base roster looks. As for the first season pass, $5 per character is not that bad.
>>
>>383731223
Capcom was going to do it regardless.
>>
>>383689714
did ya really need a tripcode for that one
>>
File: khaled.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
khaled.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>383686264
>not knowing that autocombo was in MvC3 as well, and just leads to sub-optimal crappy combos anyway that no one uses.
>>
>>383731223
with this >>383731427
said, they should do a bundle with a lot of characters returning from mvc3 for super cheap.
>>
>>383731636
Everyone from MvC3 is already in the base game.
>>
>>383730465
>Are people even excited for this?
I've only seen it mentioned by hardcore FGC people
>Does it look like it'll sell?
Fuck no. Vanilla Marvel 3 barely sold over 1mil. Imagine how fucked this game will be with it's sales goal of 2mil (good ol' Capcom). I can't imagine someone buying this game because it has Captain Marvel, Gamora, or Black Panther even with the movie.
>>
Did anyone watch the stream where Mike Ross just played GG rev 2 for like 3 hours? He really likes it.
>>
>>383731763
>>383731763
No, Taskmaster, Dr. Doom, the X-Men characters, Super Skrull, She-Hulk, Phoenix Wright, Akuma, etc.
>>
>>383731934
>Dr. Doom, the X-Men characters, Super Skrull

Never gonna be in. Thanks, Ike.
>>
>>383686195
I want to believe that but it will be shit and probably fail, and all the shilling int he world won't change that. It kind of reminds me of SFxT and I expect the game to end up like that, a game that should have been amazing but was shit. Also I can't be the only one who thought MvC3 looked better than SF4.
>>
>>383731554
It's silly how the fighting game players were dumb enough to not pick up on this. Maybe it's bad journalism because Capcom explained that early on.

>>383732056
Yeah, but then there's those other characters, and then C.Viper, Hsein-Ko, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe...
>>
gotta love capcom cucks, they will literally spend years playing something they don't like(SFV) just because "oh welp, it's what we have from capcom" or "oh welp im only playing this because it's called street fighter, even if i don't like it", and now they are so utterly desperate to get away from SFV, that they will make MvC I a success, and capcom will just go back to old dlc days and hide more chars/things behind pre-order walls for they future games, all while pushing whatever they release into the streamer/esport scene to keep the game relevant
>>
>>383732094

>It kind of reminds me of SFxT and I expect the game to end up like that

I almost hope it does. It took that game failing and the massive backlash for Capcom to apologize last time.
>>
>>383732094
>shilling
People need to know that FChamp is praising the gameplay and not the graphics, and Justin Wong made it very clear he just likes video games and he isn't picky.
>>
>>383732094
30/60/90
>>
>>383732192
>the streamer/esport scene

Thats another thing. Watch them not have any sexy alt costumes, just because ESPN wouldn't allow them.
>>
>>383732334
wow fchamp a total piece of shit of a person who shittalks, cries like a bitch and can't take loses said the game is good, IT'S OFFICIALLY SAVE FOLKS, what's that? it's his job to play it so he needs to shill it? YOU'RE INSANE
>>
>>383732615
Yeah, he is a piece of shit, but if he can make good cases on why the gameplay is good, then I won't blame him for not thinking that the gameplay sucks. He competes in SFV even though he hates it.
>>
>>383732334
They can make any excuse they want but in the end I just don't believe them and I won't until I play whatever demo they played. These people make money by playing these games and earn a lot of other privileges as a result and even if they aren't making a living on that alone they have an obvious personal interest in these games doing well. Do you think all the people playing SF5 right now play it because they think it's the best and it's their favorite Street fighter? Again I remember a lot of people hyping up SFxT and look how that shit turned out.
>>
>>383733173
>>383733071
well again, he plays SFV even though he talks shit about it all the time. he doesn't need to say anything good about mvci to make money. he just has to play.
>>
>>383732470
too bad because those lewd costumes makes them a fuckton of money
>>
File: 1425509377215.png (35KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1425509377215.png
35KB, 200x200px
>>383711932
>that perfect UI for MVC3 vanilla
>replaced by the shit on Ultimate
level 1 transformation: rrrrRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383734954
Looking at that image reminds me how boring the UI for SF5 and MvCI are. Weird how they somehow forgot how to make those elements look nice.
>>
Marvel's roster being shitty I expected considering modern marvel, but capcom'd side is just as shitty is what's really bullshit.
>>
>>383686195
you really think after all that they've said in interviews that they'll back down and rework everything? not a chance
>>
File: kage (2).gif (54KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
kage (2).gif
54KB, 300x274px
>>383719218
>>383718180
>>383717586
>>383719218
Honestly you are fucking delusional and no one should apologize to crapcom. Crapcom chose to release a turd demo and everything around this game has left a bad first impression, a first impression is usually the most lasting one alas capcom fails at making a good one. No one spread misinformation they did it themselves with every info or interview they did continuously digging a bigger grave for themselves
>>
>>383736609

Capcom USA might want to fix it or even delay it, but the japanese are some of the egocentrical fucks that won't admit they screwd up and keep acting like if everything is fine.
>>
>>383736898
>No one spread misinformation
Well people are complaining about the autocombo feature even though it has been proven to be an option that doesn't matter. There's also the "no assists is bad" meme and, while Capcom should have done a better job explaining the benefits of the new system (which isn't shallow, just consolidated) initially instead of just saying "we made the system simpler", people are getting that wrong too.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.