[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw Capcom used to be my favourite developers and you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: Capcom-logo-e1363885147624.jpg (11KB, 367x126px) Image search: [Google]
Capcom-logo-e1363885147624.jpg
11KB, 367x126px
>Tfw Capcom used to be my favourite developers and you have to watch them die a slow death
>>
>>383677152
I found interesting how they became a good company again after a long time just when they started falling appart and not the other way around.
>>
>>383677152
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4fllJTG-w
>>
>>383677152

If you live long enough, you'll eventually see everything you once cared about die a slow death.
>>
>>383677152
At least they remade some of their good games before that.
>>
I'm honestly baffled that the company hasn't imploded yet.
>>
Where did it all go so wrong, lads?
>>
>>383677152
Damn they used to be one of my favorites too.
I'd say its sad to see them go but they've been ruining franchises I cared about, so they can fuck off.
>>
>>383677152
>tfw CDPR is worth more than Capcom now
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/cd_projekt_now_worth_over_16_billion_dollars_usd_market
>>
>>383677580
I feel like they go through a cycle, release a good game for every few bad ones they do.

It's like they make whatever idea someone hacks up without question and itll either sink or swim
>>
Capcom's situation is 100% their fault. They chose to make poor business decisions with their IPs. If you would have told me 10-15 years ago what the state of Capcom, Konami and Square would become, I would have called you insane. However, all these companies decided to go against their own principles and what made them good developers. They decided to push out rushed, half-finished titles without quality control and simply try to coast on brand recognition to make cheap bucks. I understand this is a business, but sometimes it's better to focus on making quality goods as opposed to something which may give a temporary monetary boost but alienates your audience.
>Here's our 4th reboot of Mega Man in 10 years!
>Here's a fighting game with half the characters in it not-out yet and simply palette swaps are now paid DLC!
Bad practices costs them in the end.
>>
>>383677152
>has so many good IPs
>leaves them dormant for years until no one cares anymore
>would rather pump out pachinko
>>
>>383680031
Check your eyes, that's Capcom's logo, not Konami's.
>>
>>383679950
>>Here's our 4th reboot of Mega Man in 10 years!

What reboot?
>>
>>383680123
>Legends
>Battle Network
>Zero
>ZeroX
>Starforce

All these happened within a decade of each other.
>>
>>383679448
During the PS1 era many core designers left the company.
Also, they dropped their arcade legacy right after the Dreamcast died.
>>
>>383679448
The industry changed and production costs and scope increased massively. In order to try to stay relevant and profitable they adopted poor business practices.
>>
>>383679448
2011 was the trifecta Capcom disasters:
>MML3 Cancellation
>Donte
>SFxT with the gem/pandora shit and Bad Boxart Megaman tying into the MML3 cancellation
>>
>>383680337
what are spinoffs
>>
>>383679146
As long as they have Monhun they're staying around
>>
>>383680669
Same difference.
Also, since the main series discontinued and those were only what were coming out, I wouldn't call it a spin-off.
>>
Is Wizardry V on SNES any good, guys?
>>
>>383680337
>>383680736

Legends, Zero, and ZX are part of the original timeline. Battle Network and Star Force are an alternate continuity. If you're complaining about the lack of new Mega Man games in general, then yeah I'm sure most people would like any new game.
>>
>>383680736
>>383680804
Moreso than having 'plot' connections the controls and conventions in X, Zero, and ZX make them all something more alike than the rest of the franchise and by my reckoning; pretty much one series.
>>
>>383679448
I'd say Street Fighter 4 was the start of the end. Though it was financially successful, it led to a lot of practices that would get flak for in the future such as on-disc DLC. Then there was RE5 and 6 and SFxT and the whole Inafune/MegaMan scandal.
>>
>>383681001

I didn't mind the SF4 DLC for pc. Costume packs and nothing else.

SF5 is maximum jew. I bought the game for 20$ on sale, i sure as shit don't want to sped >10% on my purchase on Alex fireman suit that looks like ass.

SFxT gem system was the worst DLC i have ever seen in a Capcom game.
>>
>>383679950
>>383680337
>>383680736
That's still an extremely prejudicial description. It's not a sign of mismanagement in Japan to have a serialized franchise. The Gundam, Kamen Raider, Super Sentai everything pertaining to Transformers: they get subtitled series and relaunches with planned frequency.

I mean you can hate anything or everything individually; but all but one of those were released on a milestone anniversary of the franchise. It wasn't an insane or reaction conceived to backtrack on the previous one every other year.
>>
>>383679448
"we're going back to the roots"
>>
>>383677152
>You will never boot up a game, see a Capcom, Konami, Square, or Enix logo again and know you're in for an amazing gaming experience
Feels bad man. I truly feel bad for kids these days who are growing up without bothering with SNES, PS1, or even PS2 games. Truly I was blessed to have experienced the greatest eras in gaming.
>>
>>383679789
I mean that speaks more of CDPR than Capcom

It's not like they were competing in the freeware resale business.
>>
Quick, post the best Capcom series
>>
>>383683974
Either Megaman or Biohazard
>>
If you emulate the games you like, Capcom never goes bad.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.