[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 53118_front[1].jpg (100KB, 640x915px) Image search: [Google]
53118_front[1].jpg
100KB, 640x915px
Why do we hate this game?
>>
ps2 and xbox versions are awful. and the fucking pc version isnt even the same build as the console versions. I feel bad for the kids who didnt get to play it on gamecube
>>
>>383676896
Because it's shit
>>
All I remember from this game was mashing to get the fucking chaos emeralds.
>>
WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN
>>
>>383677021
Xbox version is fine.
>>
File: 02_team_sonic-introduction.jpg (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
02_team_sonic-introduction.jpg
58KB, 320x240px
>>383676896
It's not that good. It feels pretty slow with switching team leaders. Fighting enemies isn't fun. Voice acting is everywhere and it's terrible. Each team does the same levels. At least we got that sonic 2 mod that was pretty fun out of it.
>>
>>383677236
Yeah nevermind, googling it looks like xbox is basically the same with some minor differences. Its PS2 and PC that are fucked up, moreso PS2.
>>
It was bad.

I had the GC version even.
>>
The game felt slippery as hell, and all your attacks were toothless and lacked impact.

I also didn't like playing basically the same stages over and over again. They weren't really the same levels, no, but when they use the same aesthetics and the same general gameplay structure in THE SAME ORDER then it gets old fast.

Sonic Adventure 2 used rearrangments of levels with the same aesthetics too but the different there was that you weren't at the same location at the same point in the story until the very end. A relatively minor difference, but one important for differentiating campaigns from one another.
>>
100% is repetitive, and if you're just going for one playthrough instead of 100% its just really short.
ALL enemies having health bars sucked.
Sonic/speed characters speedboost thing was just very fucking weird and controlled poorly.
Beat em up sections at all. I hate that these exist in any Sonic game ever, but compared to other games the ones in Heroes arent THAT bad.

Other than that though, pretty fun. Maybe have more levels with interchangeable teams instead of having 4 stories that are just the same levels with varying lengths (Rose is easy/short, Sonic is med, Dark is longest and chaotix is shit)
>>
>>383676896
Level design's pretty poor usually with some amazing exceptions (Egg Fleet), controls are fucked compared to Adventure games and really awkward for any time that you're not rushing forwards, the team idea is an otherwise good one marred by awkward momentum killing roadblocks every five seconds, and forcing the player to play the same exact levels 3 times (plus one slightly varied gimmick mission set of 14 levels which still had the same lazy level design with a few new assets thrown in) is a fucking awful idea.

It strikes me as the kind of game that deserves a sequel because it DID have good ideas worth fleshing out; but, it just never got a chance to show the audience how they could really shine outside of really brief instances like the aforementioned Egg Fleet example.
>>
>>383676896

We don't. It's just shovelware that happens to feature a famous video game character. The only reason it's still brought up at all is because said video game character has a very strange, obsessive fanbase.
>>
I don't I like it a lot
>>
LET'S BLAST THROUGH WITH SONIC SPEED
>>
Because it gets boring fast, the levels are too long and have too many enemies.

Still better than Adventure 1/2.
>>
I thought the game was OK at best but really underwhelming in comparison to the Adventure titles.

And for them to bring Shadow back to life in such a lighthearted way was bullshit and completely killed the impact his "death" in SA2 had (even if the reason why he fell to Earth and Sonic didn't is a mystery).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.