[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've wasted so much money pursuing the dream.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 50

File: twitch-tv.png (92KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
twitch-tv.png
92KB, 800x387px
I've wasted so much money pursuing the dream.
>>
of getting a camwhore to put you on her "highest donator" text crawl at the top of the screen?
>>
your dream is to publicly humiliate yourself and be permanently on the internet for a few bucks?
>>
>>383674645

How many viewers did you get?
>>
>>383674645
>You're not funny
>You're not very good at games
>You can't entertain people
>You suck at networking
>Your game selection is limited to boring shit everyone has seen before
>Your stream quality is garbage
>Every reaction you have is forced

Give it up OP.
>>
>>383674645
>I picked a niche yet popular category of games
>doing okay even though I suck at it.

Almost at 100 followers. Plus I got affiliated with twitch, got bits and subscriber option now.

I just do it though cause it's fun to stream
>>
Maybe you're not interesting enough. There's a trap that constantly changes his voice from deep man voice to woman voice. There's an autist that spam a black emote and all he did was play Runescape and walk around town. There's Koreans eating, there's niggers speed running which is rare, there's thuggery in the fighting game section and plenty more. The question is what unique thing can you bring to the table?
>>
>>383674645
That place is just cancer.
>>
File: GreyFace.png (394KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GreyFace.png
394KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>383674829
Don't reveal your stream on /v/, but I'm curious what your "niche" is?
>>
become a MMD content creator
i haven't found a decent one of those on twitch yet
>>
File: IMG_1545.png (18KB, 112x111px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.png
18KB, 112x111px
>>383674869
forsenS
>>
File: coming home to 4chan.jpg (61KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
coming home to 4chan.jpg
61KB, 500x378px
>tfw having a successful YouTube channel and Twitch stream is one of my biggest dreams but it's impossible to get an audience these days
>>
>>383675012
Not if you're female.
But for guys yeah, you're screwed.
>>
>>383674889
My niche is basically pick a game that doesnt have that many streamers (basically less than 10 streamers), but also a couple well known ones that are on youtube as well as twitch and bring in a couple 10 thousands viewers whenever they stream.

There were a couple times when I got 30ish people watching me but I dont stream as often so im getting less than that.
>>
>>383675060
I'm a really fem guy who traps, you'd think that'd give me a novelty advantage but I just can't figure out how to fucking start.
>>
>>383675012
This is your fuckng dream?
Really?

Dear lord gen Z is fucked, I guess no one will go to college in 10 years because "muh 1% chance at YT career".
>>
File: dad.gif (53KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
dad.gif
53KB, 112x112px
>>383674869
>>383675003
gachiBASS Clap
>>
Good thing I'm a girl streamer. It's pretty easy to pull views and I pretty much play the games I want. I add pretty much anyone on my Skype and Steam to play with me. Already got donations and going to get a sub button soon!
>>
im very uncomfortable with being on the internet but i also want twitch fame
>>
>>383675161
I'm a simple guy. I don't want to live off of it, I just want to make unique stuff as a hobby and entertain people. another dream is to get through college one day, and have a decent paying job.
>>
>>383675161
Calm down grampa
>>
>>383675203
Keep hustlin' that money off of the thirsty. Also:

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: IMG_1566.png (15KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1566.png
15KB, 112x112px
>>383675178
forsenThink
>>
>>383675078
FIFA?
>>
>>383675121
>Make twitch channel
>Make your face look nice makeup or whatever
>Put "girl" in your twitch username
>Play some popular games with webcam on
My female friend doesn't even show herself on cam (its just her voice) and there is guys popping in regularly trying to talk to her.
There are always guys looking for girls to donate to, I'm not even joking...
May take a bit of perseverance though, stream all day as much as you can to start.
>>
>>383675357
FNaF
>>
>>383675357
Nope havent looked at that.
>>
>>383675421
>stream all day as much as you can to start

Seriously. This is solid advice. Minimum of 3-4 hours a day
>>
>>383675203
>Tfw genuinely a little jealous of female streamers
Literally easy mode when it comes to streaming. The hardest part is getting people to even check out your stream, but if someone is a girl and advertises it they get flooded with thirsty fucks.
I can't even blame the girls either, because it's entirely the fault of incredibly thirsty dudes just throwing attention and money to random women online
>>
>>383675421
Problem is I just look like a girl, my mannerisms and voice are pretty obviously male. I don't really wanna be stealth, I want my schtick to be me being a trap, not a girl. I'd be pretty uncomfortable with just straight up lying about it, guess that's how I know I'm not trans.
>>
>>383675519
I wonder how bad the doxxing can get though. I'm still glad I was born with a dick
>>
File: pepe.png (253KB, 665x608px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
253KB, 665x608px
>>383675552
>I want my schtick to be me being a trap, not a girl
>>
>>383675519
It gets easier. I have a guy constantly wanting to Skype and CSGO with me and he donates a lot including knives already to me.
>>
that feeling when i didn't have a bunch of viewers for my streams but i started streaming Monster Hunter at exactly the right moment by sheer chance

i started streaming like 3 or 4 days before Monster Hunter World was announced, and right before a brand new server for playing the PSP monster hunter games came out.

interest in monster hunter spiked, my channel got a decent following, and now i don't do a stream that has less than 50 viewers at any given time.

I stream on both twitch and youtube, and i got my twitch affiliate today, already got one sub. things are going pretty smoothly! Gonna be playing Dauntless and Monster Hunter World when it comes out, and i've already got a following for that, too.

Holy shit, i owe monster hunter basically everything for my stream's sudden growth and also the fact that i'm not entirely fucking broke right now.
>>
>>383675617
I imagine the doxxing can be bad, but it's happening significantly less. At least swatting people is, because the people doing it started getting real fucking jail time for it, and everyone stopped immediately for fear it happens to them as well.
>>383675639
I may give it another try, but it's hard to think of what to do for streams/videos. Talking to myself the whole time just feels unnatural
>>
>make a twitch
>find a niche
>average of 50 viewers after a few weeks of streaming
>stream for a couple of months
>stop due to real life

If only this type of thing was bigger when I was younger. Still, I didn't realize how much I multitask when I play games alone. When streaming, at least at the beginning, you have to provide something people really want to watch so you don't lose any viewers. Could feel some anxiety when I had 50 viewers drop to 30.
>>
>>383675750
You aren't talking to yourself. You're talking with your chat. Read what they say, reply to it, have a conversation.
>>
>>383675674
I find it's more of a marketing game really. Try to find the best time of when to stream games that are upcoming and see if you can get a decent following
>>
>>383675854
I was streaming Monster Hunter just a few days before E3, and then the surprise announcement of MH World happened, and my streams went CRAZY
>>
I tried to get into streaming but I've got the face and voice of a ten year old and no one wants to listen to a ten year old desperately try to keep an audience entertained. Really sucks...
>>
>>383675750
>>383675790
Yeaah do this. Be a active with your viewers helps. We can stream together if you want I'll do it a little soon. It's Rheesori if you want to duo in a game sometime.
>>
>>383674792
That doesn't seem to stop 90% of the "big" streamers.
>>
>>383675790
I've done that before, the little viewers I had didn't have any conversation with me at all. And sometimes it was almost comical how the conversation went
>Streaming one of the life is strange episodes when it released, because I was really into the game and figured why not
>Viewer has joined the chat!
>"Hey, is this game any good?"
>Tell him I'm having fun with it so far, go over some non spoiler shit I like and tell him I'd recommend it
>"Oh okay thanks" and then he leaves
>>
>>383675963
You must be delusional if you believe that the big streamers lack what makes them unique enough to be on top. That kind of thinking is the exact reason why you can't go anywhere.
>>
>>383676081
Name 1 top streamer that isnt on top only because of jewish networking.
>>
>>383675978
Don't just answer the questions. Ask your own questions. For instance:

Viewer: Hey, are you excited for monster hunter world?"
Me: Yeah! Man, the game looks so cool, I can't wait for it! Have you seen the trailers? What's your favorite part?

It's not just interaction, it's about inclusion as well. Make them a PART of the stream, not just a viewer. This is really only for growth, it's obviously not something you could do with 10,000 viewers.
>>
>>383676172
No reason to. I listed networking as one of the qualities needed to rise to the top.
>>
>>383675958
oops it's twitch /rheesori
>>
>>383676201
That's fair enough. I may end up giving it another go at some point. I'm thinking of just doing some youtube videos for now though since my pc isn't all that great, I just have a gtx960
>>
>>383676224
Their point was that every other item on your list was just bullshit, networking is the only reason most streamers are so popular.
>>
>>383675958
Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it sometime. What else do you play besides csgo?
>>
>>383676224
You can network as a small-time streamer too! The easiest thing to do is to find other people who are in the same "bracket" as you are- 10 or 20 viewers, perhaps- and when your stream ends, "raid" their channel. Not all of your viewers will go, but the sudden increase in viewers will help them, and it'll put you in their mind. Do it a lot and people will start to take notice of you.

I made friends with another small-time youtube streamer and we bounce off of each other and we've managed to merge our audiences by quite a bit, even his moderators are now in my discord channel to hang out.

Networking doesn't mean having a 100k streamer going "Hey check out this baby streamer, he's cool". Networking is finding friends and helping them, while letting them help you too, whether they mean to or not.
>>
>>383676324
Networking can get the viewers in your channel, but it takes more than that to keep them coming back. Random nobodies can get hosted by a big channel and return to being a nobody a day later.

It takes more than just knowing people to get to the top. It helps, much like everything else on that list.
>>
>>383676294
>i "just" have a 960

I have a Radeon r9 380, and an 8 year old AMD processor (Phenom II 970) and i still stream. I stream to youtube and twitch, and also put out videos from time to time.

I don't, however, stream brand new games. I stick to older niche stuff that has a faithful audience.
>>
>>383676351
Csgo, League, Maplestory, Overwatch, PUBG and a lot more. My steam is in the description of you wanna add~
>>
>>383676381
I'm the one that posted this.

With this post said, does anyone want to add me on steam and chat about streaming and such?

I put my link in the name field. Feel free to add me.
>>
Imagine actually wanting to be E-famous with spergs.

Honestly, game streams are dying. IRL is the next BIG thing, and that isn't really feasible unless you're a rich cunt. Watching some former game streamer sperg out and fail to get laid is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>383676898
>Imagine actually wanting to get retarded amounts of money and free shit just to play video games

The dream my nigga.
>>
>>383676898
>Not wanting to have a livable career of just playing video games and fucking around with friends on voice chat
Yeah the odds of it ever happening are slim as shit, but you have to at least admit the dream is nice
>>
>>383675161
>I guess no one will go to college

Why anyone would willing put themselves in super-debt to be turned into a SJW seems unreasonable, no one should be going in the first place
>>
>>383677019
>>383677140
Unless you're pretty attractive and entertaining, you're never going to make the big bucks. And the big bucks aren't even that big.

You're talking about 8 hours a day of commentating, too. It's not an easy job, no matter how simple it looks, the honeymoon is eventually going to end. Actual celebrities have less punishing schedules, and they're still making way more.

The problem you idiots have is that you're equating the top 1% of the E-market as something you might possibly achieve, it's as stupid as hoping you're going to be a movie star. If Twitch shit gets even more popular, all that means is actually charismatic people are going to replace all the minor autists at the top.

The system is designed so that there are no mid-tier, scraping by streamers. You're either big, or on welfare.
>>
>>383675161
>>383677234
I'm considering going to a trade school for broadcasting because I want to do voice work, either on radio or voice acting. Is there any chance that going to school for it would help me at all?
>>
>>383676898
I don't want to be famous for streaming.

I want to be a games journalist.

I want to cover games and have people listen to my opinions on them and have the things that I say actually matter to people.

In the meantime, being a streamer is a good stopgap.
>>
>>383677517
>>I want to be a games journalist.
This is actually an even stupider idea, good job. Journalism is dying, anyway. People are retreating more and more into safe spaces, instead of reading a newspaper with multiple viewpoints, people can now pick and choose exactly who they want to listen to so they can re-affirm their beliefs.

Actual, objective reviews are completely worthless in a world of subjectivity.
>>
>>383677517
>I want to be a games journalist.
Gaming journalism is already fucking seen as scummy corrupt pieces of shit pushing agendas instead of actually reviewing games. Is that really what you want to do with your life?
>>
>>383674846
just like 4chan
>>
>>383677670
Journalist might have been the wrong word.

Giant Bomb is a lot closer to what I want to do. Or maybe, like, Total Biscuit.
>>
File: 1496597711556.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496597711556.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>
>>383678129
She looks like fucking Roseann Barr.
>>
>>383678129
>That face
>Those arms
She's pretty ugly and clearly a landwhale. Her tits look nice, but that's because she's using one hell of a push up bra, and the camera cuts off right before you see her stomach.
>>
File: 1496599642059.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496599642059.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Would you let you are gf stream?
>>
>>383678129
>see this webm

Just subscribed and donated $10000. I don't even have $10000.
>>
>>383678121
you want to be a pundit because you're starved for attention and it doesn't take any effort to spew random thoughts online, putting personality in front of actual argument.

it's a ME ME ME business and if you have charisma and are willing to put every detail of your shitty life online to 'share' with impressionable millenials you'll probably dig a couple hundred patreon bucks through endless sycophantism.
>>
>>383678295
That's a lot of $10 words, my dude.

With that said, I like video games. I've always liked video games. Covering video games and showing them off to people has been what I've wanted to do, even before the Internet was a thing.
>>
>>383674645
Twitch shouldn't be about making money, it should be about having fun playing games and talking to people. When you try to make it into a business, it's your own fault for ruining your experience.
Let me also ask this, if your dream was to be a glorified cam whore begging for bits and tips a dollar at a time to try and pay your rent, is it a dream worth having. All streamers are the equivalent of pan handlers, you know, those pathetic losers you see sitting on the sidewalk begging for change. That is what you wanted to be.
>>
>>383674829
>I picked a niche yet popular category of games
>doing okay even though I suck at it.
Doubtful, niche games don't do well at all on twitch. 90% of the people who visit the site watch the same 10 or so games.
>>
this isn't your personal diary though
>>
>>383678129
>this is your competition for attention
>>
>>383677517
No, you want to be e-famous so your name will get thrown around in these threads so you can feel important. My guess is that you aren't a very fulfilled person and want validation. Here's the thing, if you were going to make it, you would have made it. The people who succeed in making people listen to them for money put the work in and had something to hook people. You're whining on /v/ about not being popular. Clearly this isn't for you.
>>
How long/day and with how many viewers would I have to stream to get around 1000€ monthly?
I'm east euro, I can live a very comfy life with it.
>>
i like lirik mostly his sub sundays , or when hes trying games that arent BR bullshit or day z running sims

i wouldnt want to be a streamer because its a very sociopath thing to do, and to encourage people to give you money for interaction is super fucking creepy
>>
>>383678713
You would need someone in the reaches of 100,000+ views a day plus a community who is willing to tip you. Ads get you absolutely nothing these days. Twitch is a glorified begging service that takes half your earnings. Again, why would anyone want to beg people for a living.
>>
File: tumblr_o9b0jqeGDD1tyap34o1_1280.jpg (47KB, 593x314px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9b0jqeGDD1tyap34o1_1280.jpg
47KB, 593x314px
>Make a Twitch account because it sounds like fun
>Don't even set up donations and specifically tell people in my bio I don't want their money
>Stream when I feel like it and end the stream when I get tired.
>No schedule whatsoever
>100 followers in my first month

It's almost like people can tell when you're just trying to exploit them or something. You're never going to make a living off Twitch. You missed the bus. Streaming is fun and your only goal if you do stream should be just to have fun.
>>
>>383678836
Well, that sucks, I thought atleast the ads can keep you afloat. Oh well, back to potato farming I guess.
>>
>>383678129
Isn't there rules against the cam taking more than 50% of the screen?
>>
>>383678680
I'm not whining at all.

I'm happy as it stands with my current popularity.

I'm steadily growing, over 1000 subscribers the last month on youtube, got my subscription button on twitch, and i made $400 in donations last month.

I'm definitely not whining/.
>>
File: x5D-ESws_bigger.jpg (4KB, 73x73px) Image search: [Google]
x5D-ESws_bigger.jpg
4KB, 73x73px
>internet is too shit to stream
>get better internet
>now my 7 year old $2000 gayman laptop is too shit to stream

now I have to fucking save up a few grand and get a new computer, but I'm starting a full-time 50+ hr a week job soon that pays around $15/hr. I hope I can stick with it and not give up, /v/ros. I'm kind of worried I'll quit or something, but I want to stay there. ;_;
>>
>>383679036
It's honestly the same with YouTube at this point. If you're in it for money, you're not going to get it. If you just want to do a bunch of dumb videos talking about shit you want to talk about for fun, maybe learning editing along the way? Viewers stop coming in.

People can tell when they're being exploited.
>>
>>383679968
Don't think, just do.
>>
File: 1491269263900.png (608KB, 834x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1491269263900.png
608KB, 834x1004px
>be a few months ago
>tried streaming shadowverse with no mic, no sound and only weeb music
>simply put that I was the highest ladder rank as my title
>get 10 viewers after a few hours
>turn off stream
>see that I'm still "live" n the dash board
>turn on to see how far behind it was
>My internet was so shit I was uploading about 1 frame a second
>people were still watching it

I don't get how people ever complain about how hard it is to get viewership
>>
File: 1499388575039.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
1499388575039.png
16KB, 245x235px
>>383675161

It's called a hobby you stupid fuck, not everyone is boring enough to dedicate themselves entirely to their job. In fact that's the opposite of what most employers look for.
>>
>>383676172
define "top"
>>
>>383680116
People usually go to shit placs for "sure fire" advice on how to grow their channels. Which tends to give you the same garbage advice you'll get on Reddit about growing.

Giving your viewers dumb nicknames, having a "call to action" telling them to watch follow and donate in dumb ways, work out layouts, do goofy things with a camera...

Except the people giving that advice don't get viewership either. They're giving advice in the hope the people they "help" follow them and become their devoted fans. Twitch streamers have this mentality that everyone is supposed to do everything the same way, get this homogenized Streamer vibe going because it's "proven" to work the rare cases that it does. When all it does is make you look like everyone else, uninteresting, low effort, and boring. It's this weird self-sabotaging cycle that keeps happening over and over.
>>
Honest question:

Was QTPIE the death of twitch?
>>
File: 3.0.png (17KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
3.0.png
17KB, 112x112px
>>383674869
>>
>>383674645
Good for you, now go into trade school and actually do something with your life
>>
>>383677335
If you want to do voice work acting classes in general help since it helps build not only your range but also helps you network. You also need some kind of sizzle reel to provide samples of your work, and most importantly you need to be near where it is you want to work. If its general radio work then that's not a big issue when there's stations everywhere. If its TV commercial work then you'll need to be in California (though Atlanta is becoming a east coast hub of sorts)

If it's anime then you'll need to be in LA, Fort Worth Texas, and to a lesser extent NYC.
>>
>>383682736
I'm actually just 20 minutes away from LA, so that helps a bit. I wouldn't mind working any of it really, radio, tv commercial work, and voice acting for anime all sound like decent gigs.
I may try some acting classes if my schedule permits it and I have the spare money for it. I'm mainly curious if doing schooling for broadcasting would help me with this or not.
>>
>>383678129
Jesus christ why doesn't she just do porn already.
>>
>>383679318
If you want to get technical she's not taking up a full 50% of the screen
>>
>>383675012
>having a successful YouTube channel and Twitch stream is one of my biggest dreams.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH.
>>
>>383676172
>jewish networking.

viewbotting*

the best way to get views is to have views

that and play whatever is new and in
>>
I have a streamer friend how is a sad excuse for a human being

>went to a private college to study film, his parents payed not only the absurdly high tuitions but his living expenses in another city
>he graduated, had an OK job, was living with his girlfriend who he was dating for 2 years
>he doesn't like his job very much because it's "boring" (he was working with advertising, truly it wasn't the most exciting job but hell, he had a job)
>he meets this 19 year old spoiled girl who lives at his hometown and starts cheating on his gf with this cunt, and after a few weeks breaks up with his former girl with no explanations
>quits job because "it's boring", goes back to living at hometown with his parents
>convinces his mother that he can be a streamer and make lots of money, she gives him money to buy a high end pc
>his life now revolves around streaming games for his 20 viewers and doing chores for his new GF, who treats his own family and himself like shit
>his new gf even convinced him that they should have an open relationship even though he was always the kind of guy who despises this kind of thing
>my friend has become a literal cuck
>one day I went to his house and his dad opened the door for me and said "oh anon hi, he is at his room upstairs talking with people on the computer again"
>I cannot describe the sadness in his father's eyes

sometimes I go to his stream to remind myself of what I should never become
>>
>look up this nigger KittyPlays
>makes a minimumwagecuck's yearly salary in a matter of minutes
>who knows how much else she makes outside of these one off occasions, but it's probably a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT5bcpuWtYM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_MsMCJA1U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Bec5KkqOE
I mean, you don't even have to click on the videos, just read the fucking titles, and you'll get the picture. Must be nice having beta orbiters like this.
>>
>>383683452
Dude sounds pathetic, but you need to keep in mind there's a middle ground. Some people just stream for fun and don't quit their day jobs to pursue a pipe dream.
>>
>much dream

U guys are retarded

Do you think big streamers dreamt about streaming big? Of course not they just played 8 hours a day anyways and figured why not stream.
If you are in it for the fame and not the game you will fail
>>
File: Jetsam.gif (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Jetsam.gif
6KB, 150x150px
>>383683672
>If you are in it for the fame and not the game you will fail
Mmm, the same could be said of all religions.
>>
>>383674645

Good news anon. These days anyone can make a few bucks with Twitch.

As long as you stream for 30+ hours a week across at least I think 3 days they'll give you a subscriber button now. I mean if you're lucky you'll get a subscriber or two.
>>
>>383679318
There are also rules against wearing low cut tops iirc but they don't care
>>
>>383675161
>Dear lord gen Z is fucked, I guess no one will go to college in 10 years because "muh 1% chance at YT career".
Thanks for inventing all those fast sort and pick robots btw
you really done the dirty on low skilled work, which is what the vast majority of people were inclined to do
>>
>>383677517
Game journalism is dead because it's hard to make money from and literally everyone seems to think they can do it. Every third rate blogger has started their own game site only to either fizzle out, copy and paste other sites articles, or accepted bribes and resorted to paid reviews.
>>
>>383683664
I know, when he decides to start streaming I hoped it would be more of a hobby thing, I mean he is p good at games and can be a really funny guy. Shame he did ruined his life like this.
>>
I live with a streamer. He's not big and he'll probably never be big (2+ years and he struggles to attract 20 viewers). But good god he's so loud and obnoxious when he streams. He'll shout and scream and act like he's mad for the tiniest thing, and he's gotten into a habit of singing really badly at whatever music he is listening to.
His choice of games is now literally dictated by whether he could stream them or not and he's constantly coming in to my room to ask me some dumb as fuck questions.

He's driving me fucking insane.
>>
>>383683710
>tfw Neopets was bought by a Chinese company.
Hopefully this will be the final nail in it's coffin. It can finally stop trading hands and die in peace.
>>
File: SodaPoppin2.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SodaPoppin2.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
What does /v/ think of sodapoppin?
>>
>>383684065
He sounds like he was doomed from the start.
>He convinced his mom that he could become a big shot streamer and she gave him money for a high end pc
Parents need to know when to encourage their kids, and when to slap some fucking sense into them.
Also anyone who can let themselves be talked into an open relationship is beyond saving. I'm single as fuck, but if I got a girlfriend and she brought up wanting an open relationship I'd just fucking end it right there, that's the only response you can give to that question and keep your dignity. A woman bringing up an open relationship is just a massive red flag that she doesn't consider you alone to be good enough, and she either wants to or already is banging some of her friends
>>
>>383684104
Post his twitch here.
>>
File: surprisingly not terrible.png (194KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
surprisingly not terrible.png
194KB, 256x363px
>>383684141
Is this the most underrated gem of all time??
>>
>>383684179

retard

He is a graphics whore and I blame people like him for the industries degeneration into pretty walking sims
>>
>>383674792

you forgot one

>not a qt 3.14 gril
>>
>>383684179
How much money do you think he makes a month?
I mean he consistently attracts like 15k+ viewers + donations and subs.
>>
File: 1450051530680.png (184KB, 359x237px) Image search: [Google]
1450051530680.png
184KB, 359x237px
>>383674645
>Not streaming to finish up your backlog or get better at a game and get advice
>Streaming thinking it'll give you any money
People like you are cancer
>>
>>383684482
Tits get you a view boost, but it doesn't secure a top spot.
>>
File: 1386218139393.gif (1MB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
1386218139393.gif
1MB, 340x191px
>Zoie Burgher gamed the YouTube celebrity system hard. It took her just a few months to rack up her first million subscribers, something that has taken other aspiring YouTubers years. Burgher’s next challenge will prove a bit more difficult: becoming a successful media CEO. She’s launching a new company that will be part gaming team, part media brand, and part talent agency. She’s got a lot more riding on this one, too: she’s convinced a group of women to drop everything and join her, and she’s thrown her own money behind it.

>So far, Burgher's company, Luxe Gaming, has one main project: Luxe House. Team members (right now there are six of them, including Burgher) live together in a house and post episodic vlogs of their daily lives to YouTube. While many reality shows sequester their contestants away from the outside world, on YouTube, Luxe offers the opposite approach: constant, real-time fan feedback. Basically, Burgher says, Luxe House will be like The Real World, but populated only by young women, with a little bit of Call of Duty.

>This isn’t Burgher’s first shot at fame. Before YouTube, she was a Twitch streamer, where she had thousands of followers and was frequently banned for her semi-provocative videos. (Wearing bikinis. Twerking.) In August 2016, she was suspended from the platform for what she said was the fourth time for “sexually explicit or pornographic content.” Burgher claimed she was being targeted by Twitch, whose community guidelines vaguely prohibit “inappropriate broadcaster behavior and attire,” because the company was embarrassed to be associated with her.

C'mon, if these people can shell out cash to live in a mansion surely you can
>>
>>383684687
I wonder how hard her titties feel to the hand.
>>
>currently working crazy hours, between 40-80 hours a week
>Successful and make money and can do whatever I want
>Sometimes life feels empty
>Always thought about YT or Twitch as a career
>Not necessarily a shining example of charisma, but shame and outgoing personality already exist
>Could cut my work hours to minimum and maybe take up streaming
>Would genuinely love just playing games and talking with people on the internet
>Can support my basic costs through my side business which I could easily work while still streaming

Do I take the plunge /v/?
>>
>>383684104
People pretending to be mad and emulate Pewdiepie's shitck are godawful human beings. Do what >>383684226 says and post it here
>>
>>383674792
What if I'm good at all of these but too afraid to get on camera?
>>
>>383684818
Here's the thing, are you willing to risk it all? It's fine if you are doing this to finish up games or love to stream games, but if you are expecting any career then forget it.
>>
>>383684536
He's said before it's over 30k a month.
>>
>>383674645
>becoming a streamer

except for the top 5 (literally 5 people) you're going to make below minimum wage and have to whore yourself every day to even get that far.

even big time streamers that have 3000 viewers and hundreds of subscribers are making like 20k a year. 20k. You could work at a fast food place for less hours and more money.
>>
>>383685015
>over 350k a year from streaming
ha no
>>
>>383684818
Anything sounds better than the rat race, dude.

Twitch is lonely. It might not seem like it at first, but even with thousands of viewers you're still ultimately alone, and most of the people you'll meet through it will be complete spergs.

>>383684104
I think I'd have killed someone like that a long time ago. How did you manage 2 years with such a loser?
>>
>>383684876

Then you're just delusional and not actually good at anything.
>>
File: rly.png (394KB, 544x566px) Image search: [Google]
rly.png
394KB, 544x566px
>>383685117
Fucking retarded ass ICE POSEIDON makes 20k a month doing his thing.

You just went full autism if you can't believe 30k a month for Poppin is possible.
>>
It's not about being talented or skillful, it's about networking, just like finding a real job. Unfortunately you have to suck up to bigger streamers in your game of choice. No you cannot be a "variety streamer" off the bat anymore, it won't work. You have to cling to popular or semi-popular titles or communities (osu and speedrunning are excellent choices to gain partnership), then once you have a partnership, you can start branching out since you'll have a steady viewerbase. But actual growth is hard. Really hard. I've been sitting pretty at 150 average viewers for my paragon stream, and it's been that way since I got partner a couple months ago.
>>
Streaming is misleading. If you're a girl, it is indeed easier to amass a following. However in general the amount of fans you would need to profit significantly in relation to all the time you need to sink is enormous and not worth it when you can get even a part time job and likely make more money in the long run
>>
>>383685091
>You could work at a fast food place for less hours and more money.
Yeah, but then you'll be working a job you don't like.
>>
>>383685091
I work 40 hours a week and earn 14.4 K€ / Year...
>>
File: IMG_1913.jpg (34KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1913.jpg
34KB, 600x401px
>>383684818
Gonna be honest here anon, I've half been considering this myself. I don't wanna jerk myself off when my intent is to help answer your question, but I'm petty charming and can make people laugh a lot, and I'm basically in the same boat but probably not as well off financially. I say do it, but go into it and have fun, take it as serious as you need to, but at the end of the day make it something you do because you enjoy having people watch you play and you enjoy entertaining, not because you want pewdiepie money. This is my mindset and I'm heavily considering it. But if I reach any point where I feel like it's a burden for me or I don't do it because I'm genuinely not having fun with whoever is watching me, I'm pulling the plug. That doesn't mean don't network and whatnot to try to be successful, but I see lots of people on camera that you can tell are not cut out to be entertainers and are only doing it because it's a fad, don't be that person.

Good luck, I genuinely hope it works out for you if you decide to try it anon. anon.
>>
>>383685229
No anon, I did not go "autism" for being less gullible than you.

You believe lies told to you by streamers whos job is to entertain. Congratulations. You're entertained. You top pleb.
>>
How did Twitch succeed where as Youtube Gaming, Hitbox, and Beam didn't?
>>
>>383685375
Stay ass mad other people make more money than you, summer friend.
>>
>>383674645
>the dream of reaching 1k subs you can make the same about of money as a teacher

lmao.
And if you thought you'd be the next 12k a month guy, you're even more foolish.
>>
>>383676530
>only plays garbage games
jesus christ
>>
I feel like the best way to amass some kind of following right now is to take advantage of IRL and stream yourself doing something you're actually skilled at.

Unfortunately, most of you are good at programming at best, which isn't something anyone wants to watch. I watch a few repair shop streams, they're entertaining and the skill level required is basically "can you tell a resistor apart from a capacitor?". I imagine someone could start up a successful stream just buying cheap broke Apple shit off eBay and trying to fix it to turn a profit.

Art is a dead avenue, but music is pretty reasonable if you're an actual performer, it beats busking.
>>
>>383683594

i hate this ugly dumb cancer bitch
>>
File: 07p-6606-loading-photo.gif (8KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
07p-6606-loading-photo.gif
8KB, 300x215px
>>383674869
>>383680741
>>
>>383685393
What does these services offer better or anything new then twitch? Twitch was the first big streaming websites and all the other companies try was emulate it
>>
>>383685517
jealous?? :^)
>>
>>383677517
>>383679325

reddit as fuck
>>
>>383685528
This whole net neutrality thing is just so hilariously passive aggressive. I checked reddit and all that's happening there is a few big channels are putting a CSS overlay up that you can disable in 2 seconds.
>>
>>383675012
You got to find a niche.
>>
>>383685393
twitch was justin tv and had an enormous userbase before any of those sites even considered streaming as a viable option, or existed at all.

youtube gaming was just a huge misstep on google's part, I always thought it was a holdover from when they intended to purchase twitch but amazon got it instead, so instead of leaving the streaming infrastructure to rot they set it up to do... whatever.

hitbox tried to market as a "no-delay, better interactivity" streaming service, but twitch responded by introducing a no delay mode and shitting all OVER them. Immediately.

beam/mixr had nothing new, mixr is going a step further and having more and more game interactivity with viewers now, so it could be interesting if enough games adopt it, but I don't think they will.

twitch just shit all over everything else from experience as an all-round streaming platform. The only sites that are equal to it (if not beating it) are afreeca and niconico. I'm sure there's some chinese site too. one branch of qq or something.
>>
>>383685393
Twitch at its inception was an off-shoot of Justin.tv due to its gaming section becoming the most popular on the site. Basically it was the first real popular gaming streaming platform because it was spun-off from a popular streaming platform.

Youtube Gaming wasn't a thing until a year or two ago, because Google took their sweet ass time (and even tried to buy Twitch at one point only to get beat to the punch by Amazon). While YTG is great because it indexes video game related videos, its streaming platform is largely unused. It doesn't help that it doesn't have the monetization options Twitch does, or access to ratings-grabbers like EVO or SGDQ. It's also unavailable as an app on game consoles.

Beam was great because of its latency, but literally nobody used it. It was then bought by Microsoft, renamed Mixer, and now serves as a streaming hub for a bunch of Xbone games nobody really cares about (last i checked the most popular stream on the service at any given time averages about 3,500 viewers)
>>
>>383674869
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpTZlXn3pxY
>>
File: download (1).jpg (3KB, 160x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
3KB, 160x168px
>really like Gwent
>already full of streamers
>no chance of anyone ever watching me
>>
>>383685530
Youtube Gaming offers literally nothing that you can't get on their main site.

Beam had almost no delay, which was nice.

Hitbox launched like two months ago and all i can find is that they have Discord integration
>>
>>383675519

only jeaslous of female streamers?
This shit is how women get everything in life. Jobs, spouses, social standing its just by being a woman who doesnt eat like a pig
>>
>>383685969
hitbox launched about three years ago, they just keep re-launching it cause it has no marketshare whatsoever. They have like less than 10,000 unique viewers a month.
>>
File: 1499665206438.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499665206438.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>You didn't bank on youtube when you still had the chance
>You didn't bank on twitch when you still had the chance
>There will never be another media boom to start fresh in
>>
>>383685309
Hey Anon,

Honestly I would be happy if I even reached a point of earning minimum wage. I don't think I'm charming, but guys like Poppin and Ice set a standard I can easily meet. These guys are literal spergs and make a ton of cash. I'd just like to pay to keep the lights on.

I think one thing to my benefit is I do talk too much in general, it was a skill I had to learn to be successful to know when to shut up. If I flip on the camera and just let it rip, I'm sure I could be entertaining.

The one thing about Twitch that makes me think it's possible is how boring most of the people are. Watch a DrDisrespect stream and attempt to be entertained. It's just not possible.
>>
>>383684818
It's a pretty big risk, anon. Moving from a steady (well paying) pay check and into something like twitch is not something I'd do. Consider the following:
>If streaming income dives - in a similar fashion to Youtube - what then? You could always go find another job, but what will you say when your potential employer ask about that X year space between jobs?

I'd have written up more but come to think of it, that first point is more or less the biggest concern I have. Getting loans for a house may be an issue further down the line.
>>
>>383686371
unfortunately for you, you're assuming people give a shit. You have to be consistent and steady too. Unless you're capable of streaming 8 hours a day every single day of the week, MAYBE one day off every week, you won't succeed straight up. That's not factoring in the luck of being raided, or having some sort of method of growth.
>>
File: 1433065186550.jpg (24KB, 180x353px) Image search: [Google]
1433065186550.jpg
24KB, 180x353px
>>383675012
>My dream is to play video games for pittance for a few years before either I or the platform I use becomes irrelevant, after which point I will be left with no skills, no savings, and nobody who loves me
>>
>>383686525
That's not to say it can't happen - you just need to put in the time and effort to build it up.

Don't expect to be able to cover bills for a while. It can take years.
>>
at what age should you start taking life seriously and get a career, and not just streaming to 4-10 people daily. asking for a friend
>>
I'm already forgetting that one /v/ justin.tv streamer who played Trauma Team, Yakuza 1 and Catherine (I think). Those were good times.
I don't really care for streaming, but if I did do it I wouldn't do it for fame or anything, I just think sharing unique experiences is fun.
>>
>>383674792
Sounds like summit1g to me.
>>
>>383686574
>after which point I will be left with no skills, no savings, and nobody who loves me
it's funny, you have a real job, and yet here you are, with us
you worked so hard and there was no difference, huh?
>>
>>383686630
I don't remember I lost my tutorial on life a while back so I guess you'll just have to live your life the way that you want sport.
>>
>>383686630
16 and a half
>>
File: tyler1.jpg (109KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tyler1.jpg
109KB, 900x1200px
the most based streamer
>>
>starting my first job in a week after being a NEET for 7+ years

any advice on what to do with all this disposable income. still plan to live with my parents for years to come and its $19/hr starting out for 40-50 hours a week. upgrade my 980ti to a 1080ti?
>>
>>383686630
There's no rules on life. Do what you want anon. Not in a weirdo liberal way either. But don't let others set a standard for your life because that's how you end up miserable really quick, live for yourself
>>
Why would you want to be?

>have to be cheery and upbeat all the time
>constantly talking and responding to donors
>(usually) have to play mainstream shit
>one wrong slip socially and you lose everything
>have to keep hundreds or thousands interested in you

It's just too fucking much. I'd rather a 9-to-5 any day.
>>
>>383686897
>$19/hr starting out for 40-50 hours a week.
With that amount of money, why live with your parents?
>>
>>383686897
what kind of job
>>
>>383686897
>save up for a deposit on a cheap as fuck apartment
>move into apartment
>realise that having your own freedom is one of the best things in the world
>>
File: smugwix.jpg (24KB, 327x468px) Image search: [Google]
smugwix.jpg
24KB, 327x468px
>>383686882
not so fast
>>
>>383687003
they never bother me which is why i was a NEET for so long
>>
>Clicked the wrong button and land in a girl's D&D channel with about 7 viewers
>Immediately says welcome anon
>I say that i misclicked and leave

Left a bad taste but meh.
>>
>>383686897
Save a certain chunk of it and keep it in the bank.
>>
>>383687034
How old are you, what job and how did you get it?
>>
>>383686989
>controlling 300+ people with options
>teaching about respect and honor among a dinky little videogame
>having the world as a stage
>filling out your own paperwork to get by
>having more options and living the NEET life
Yeah, sure beats a 9-to-5 job anyday, dork
>>
>>383687061
You should've sucked her dick
>>
>>383687061
>a girl

You did the right thing anon
>>
>>383686897
>$19/hr starting out for 40-50 hours a week
pretty good but always save 80% of your paycheck for down the road. Eventually you'll have to move out, but until that time comes, milk living with your parents for as long as possible. I doubt you'd be bringing home women anyways.
>>
>>383687098
nearly 30, lab job at an oil refinery, referenced 2 of my uncles who were in the oil industry for 20+ years
>>
>>383686897
The only major "expense" that you get from now on is good food. enjoy life, don't be retarded and buy top of the line things for all electronics. Save up for the eventual moment when your parents are dead
>>
>>383683452
I can empathize with your buddy a bit. Key difference is that I got fuckall support for actually starting my career (the one I went to school for) living with them. Always constant nagging about studying again for some other job. Anyway, it sounds like he was a little spoiled to begin with. Expensive costs for a "passion" degree only to find out he wasn't that passionate about it after all? Quite a pitfall.
>>
File: 1424838390357.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1424838390357.gif
2MB, 450x252px
>>383686630
I didn't go to Uni till I was 21, almost dropped out but hung on and graduated at 24 ish, lucked out with a gov job at 25.

Even then I still don't take life seriously enough (and I'm turning 30 in a few months), but I feel that's changing. Slowly, but surely.

>>383686989
Sorry to have to respond like this, but I'd like to address your points:
>have to be cheery and upbeat all the time
You have to appreciate the line of work that you're in, anon - it's non stop entertainment that is your job. Granted, you can have bad days but you really need to be aware of this (having some thick skin wouldn't hurt either)
>constantly talking and responding to donors
The constant talking part may be challenging, but it's usually stupid commentary around what you're playing/gimmicks that you can bring to the stream. Also, I thought that talking to chat and thanking for donations would be one of the better parts of streaming.
>(usually) have to play mainstream shit
Hey, it's what the people are demanding.
>one wrong slip socially and you lose everything
As with any job, you need to be guarded with what you say. If this is your career, you need to treat it as your career. I know it's easy to lose sight of this given the space between streaming/work and home life is largely a grey area, but if it's your primary source of income you gotta think before you speak.
>have to keep hundreds or thousands interested in you
I'd be fucked here too.
>>
>>383687061
>channels that call out lurkers
>>
>>383687117
It's not a NEET life once you treat it as a job
>>
File: Chugga.gif (2MB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
Chugga.gif
2MB, 500x224px
>ywn be Chuggaaconroy
jdimsa
>>
>>383678227
man that guy is so lucky to be boyfriend of that girl.
>>
>>383686157
Yes there will you faggot, don't act like you ever were capable but just "missed out"
>>
>>383684104
I swear this is a pasta or at least the same poster every time.
>>
>>383684482
Eh.

All of the top streamers are male. The only girl gamer with over 1k viewers I can think of is Kacey.

Meanwhile you have people like Lirik who regularly pull in 30k viewers.
>>
File: frieza.jpg (61KB, 510x679px) Image search: [Google]
frieza.jpg
61KB, 510x679px
>>383686882
>>
>wagecuck here at work
>20 viewers and doin it for fun sounds comfy as fuck to me
>>
>>383686645
I cannot fathom how summit is so popular
>>
>>383687440
a job requires a consistent schedule of inspiration, regardless of what you do.

if you don't like your job, that's not my fault
if you're trying to sell electronics, that's social awareness and hustling experience. experience that shouldn't hinder you until you want it to.

you say having a job in the first place is a bad thing and i would probably ask you to develop some passive automatic income, BUT preparing for that passive income is still a job either way

tl;dr kill yourself for being unmotivated in life
>>
>>383686467
Just say you went to start your own startup but it didn't work out, but the experience was very valuable and aligns with an opportunity at your new employer for X reasons.
Wow that was hard.
>>
>>383687681
it is when you have 2 or 3 regulars who visit most streams
>>
>>383687701
Depends on what profession you are in.
For example I'm an engineer and if you go off the grid for a few years you're probably not getting a job once you come back unless you have an outstanding resume.
>>
>>383685802
my korean is abyssmal but holy shit afreeca is entertaining
variety streaming on twitch is still fledgling, which is why nico and afreeca have a great upperhand even for foreigners
>>
>>383686574
>Shitty Twitch streamers managing only 1-2k viewers on average have a six figure income

Pittance for sure
>>
>>383687701
But for how long will you be able to keep that up?
What will you say when they start asking questions?
What if they find out that you've been lying to them? It probably would put a strain on your relation with them...
>>
>>383685229
Well at least ICE POSEIDON earns the money, he constantly gets in danger for act as a retard.
>>
If I ever find a gf I'm totally gonna pimp that bitch out on twitch so she can get donations from thirsty teenagers
>>
>>383687492
>Yes there will
Wouldn't count on it
If anything new pops up, it'll instantly be dominated by the youtubers and streamers that already exist.
>>
>tfw regularly streaming for my 2 friends
It's actually pretty fun, they watched me played until dawn for 6 hours straight, telling me what choices to make etc. I just wish there wasn't such a big delay between what I'm seeing and what's seen on the stream
>>
>>383688040
>But for how long will you be able to keep that up?
>What will you say when they start asking questions?
You lie. How hard is this?
>What if they find out that you've been lying to them?
How the fuck would they find out.

The only thing employers do is check references if that. If you put big brothers, big sisters under service, they aren't going to call them to verify. No one has the time for that shit. People look at your resume a max of 15-20 seconds. They aren't going to call out every little thing.

At most they will ask you questions in which case you just lie. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
File: file.png (115KB, 450x323px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
115KB, 450x323px
>>383674645

>They call them dreams because you need to be asleep to chase them
>>
>>383687935
well you probably don't want to make it seem like you did a complete shift into showbiz
keeping working on technical shit you're interested in, maybe even show it on stream

>>383688040
you aren't lying if you're being sincere
you're not trying to keep anything up, your dip into streaming was a failed venture, but it's on you to show it wasn't a complete waste
>>
>>383675012
Connect your youtube account in the twitch settings. It shows a notification on your videos when you are live on twitch. Also enable youtube live and schedule a stream but just link your twitch instead. If you can get around 20 people watching right off the bat growing your twitch is so easy
>>
File: 1466327384623.png (316KB, 384x332px) Image search: [Google]
1466327384623.png
316KB, 384x332px
>its my dream to be a twitch streamer

and i thought my dreams were pathetic
>>
>>383686882
I have a watched like three times in different days and I don't understand why he's popular he just keeps talking and doesn't even play videogames.
>>
>>383688265
>just have gf on camera, but you're actually the one playing

>>383688539
>not being a daydreamer
>>
File: z3jj67fny71z.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
z3jj67fny71z.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>383674869
>>
File: vohiyo-image.png (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
vohiyo-image.png
59KB, 300x300px
>nobody posted the best emote
>>
File: 1497515154908.jpg (56KB, 697x620px) Image search: [Google]
1497515154908.jpg
56KB, 697x620px
>NEET for 4 years
>could've spent last 4 years attempting to stream
>but no money for a CPU/mobo/RAM upgrade to stream reliably
how do i into motivation
>>
>>383684818
Do you need to work up to 80 hours a week, or you just don't have anything else to do or/and are a greedy bitch?

With normal working hours, you could easily stream 3h/day, and +6h/day on weekend. Alternatively 5/h every other day during week day.
>>
>>383688857
>>383688747
>>
>>383688906
Trihex is a overrated streamer
>>
>>383688643
And what are your dreams anon?
>>
>>383688876
if you really wanted to stream, you would've found a way in 4 years
>>
>>383689095
Yes, anon. Thus
>could've
>how do i into motivation
>>
File: pagchomp.png (223KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
pagchomp.png
223KB, 459x459px
F?ncy WTF
>>
>>383689260
then consider the contrapositive
you don't really want to stream
>>
>>383689523
I don't really want to be a NEET either, but here I am Unfortunately neetdom is the default form for lack of motivation
I think I let the existentialism set in too much
>>
is twitch the worst thing to happen in gaming in the past 10+ years?
>>
>>383689915
Probably.
>>
>>383689915
Some would think so, but no
That'd be minecraft
>>
>>383674645
so you donated to girl streamers thinking they would have sex with you?
>>
>>383689915
i dont get this logic. the fucking platform is connecting millions of people together. whats wrong with enjoying your hobby with others? just avoid the cancer popular streams that just spam emotes, there are plenty of small streams where you can have a community with
>>
>>383689915
Twitch, eSports and DLC as a business model. The unholy trinity.
>>
File: Raccpls.gif (67KB, 95x125px) Image search: [Google]
Raccpls.gif
67KB, 95x125px
>>383689915
nah, it lets me watch professional videogames that i couldnt watch easily before.
it's nice to always be able to watch korean starcraft or EVO.

it's also nice for watching a little bit of gameplay from a game i am interested in.
>>
File: 1499201270741.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1499201270741.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>using remote play to stream with OBS/overlays/webcam
>>
>>383674645
If streaming video games is really one of your wildest career dreams, then damn son.

You're a fuckup
>>
>>383689061

Male porn star by night and storage auction buyer by day
>>
>>383690445
I have to admit, that's far more ambitious than I was expecting.
I hope you grasp your dream someday
>>
>>383687492
>Yes there will
There's literally no other kind of media
>>
File: 1487785398518.png (133KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1487785398518.png
133KB, 640x475px
If you were trans, would you use a webcam? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>383678589
You can do pretty well for yourself with a pretty small audience though. I know of one streamer who gets sub-500 views (might be even less, I can't recall) normally but some of his donators will throw literally hundreds of pounds at a time at him and he's got subs and patreon on top of all the donations.

He built his name by doing youtube stuff first though.
>>
>>383690927
That really really depends on how passable you are
>>
>>383690927
my friend narcissa says yes, she also says you should make out with other trannies on cam to bring in big donations
>>
>>383690927
>streaming with a webcam
Cancer
>>
>>383674792
dont have big tits
>>
>tfw 500 followers
>still have streams with 0 viewers
>>
>tfw start streaming when twitch in its infancy
>tfw bad at video games but have awesome personality
>tfw gain a consistent small group that keep returning
>tfw make 50 dollars my first month
>tfw stop after 2 months because i realized i would be on the internet forever
>tfw years later and i could never go back because anyone new starting doesnt have a chance in hell now
>tfw i have no face

I miss it sometimes, as it was really fun and exciting. Met some cool people in chat and enjoyed their commentary. I always look back and think about that month from time to time.
>>
>>383692746
what a shake.

why didnt you do it on the side for a few hours a day?
>>
>>383683230
Compared to what? working at Poundland ?
>>
>I want to be a streamer!!

Is this the new career path for kids and manchildren?
>>
>>383686645
>>383687692
He's relatively good at shooters, I don't watch him but he seems like a good neutral watch, I guess.
Kind of like the MC in a shonen manga. Bland, but okay.
>>
>>383693417
>wanting to be a wagecuck
Some of these kids and manchildren are making quite a bit of money senpai
>>
File: 1470208843593.jpg (4KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1470208843593.jpg
4KB, 125x118px
>Stream a bit
>One guy actually watches
Felt good tbqh
>>
>>383693579
And most of them aren't. What's your point?
>>
>>383691019
Sure, it depends on how much money your small cadre has, but then it's a crap shoot.
>>
>>383693879
>one guy watches
>and chats
>>
if you treat it like a job and put any actual effort in you can get viewers you just gotta be consistent
but then ya know it becomes a job and you ruin what little fun you were having with games to begin with ;)
Put a gif of a chick on the bottom left and pitch modulate you fucking idiots
>>
>>383691019
What game
>>
>>383683452
I know a dude very similar to this case from studying film in LA all paid for by his dad, then he gave up on that and was gifted a $5000 gaming pc for streaming WoW but doesn't get any viewers at all. Don't think he has the gf drama though.
>>
File: 1495248404711.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495248404711.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
internet panhandling
>>
>>383689860
You call it a lack of motivation but that is just a poor phrase for a laziness, procrastination and no discipline.
>>
File: kaiji.jpg (141KB, 523x4409px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji.jpg
141KB, 523x4409px
>>
I don't get why people find enjoyment of making money while playing video games, wouldn't it get boring after so long? As a hobby it's fine but once you have it as a job it feels like it's forced upon you to play video games out of pressure of losing money instead of enjoyment
>>
>>383698491
>those fucking heathstone streamers that have been playing the same braindead game for 3 years
>>
File: 1497934523803.jpg (7KB, 256x190px) Image search: [Google]
1497934523803.jpg
7KB, 256x190px
>>383692698
For streaming you really got to put up with streaming the same shit over and over which really puts me off.
>Stream a fighting game for 2 months, 20 views
>Tired of that shit, go stream something else, 4 views and people asking wheres x game every so often.
>>
>>383689915
only if you're a jaded 16 year old
>>
>>383689915

MOBAs are, but they kind of go hand in hand.
>>
>>383687692
botting probably, most of these faggots are either insufferable or boring as shit theres no way they can get that many viewers
>>
File: darren brown.jpg (27KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
darren brown.jpg
27KB, 410x410px
>>383698751
>tfw streaming MW2 for a few weeks
>get up to 20 viewers
>tfw hate the game and cant take it anymore
>stream something else one time
>all viewers gone
>2 or 3 come back for other game but leave with in 10 minutes
>trying to find game that interests me and is popular but not over saturated
>>
i need some good images for emotes

anyone?
>>
File: sans_sprite.jpg (22KB, 272x364px) Image search: [Google]
sans_sprite.jpg
22KB, 272x364px
>>383701054
>>
>>383674645
You don't play anything that stimulates kids, you also need to be loud and have a reaction to everything so the kids know how to react
Play CSGO
>>
>>383675012
Just need a good game without an attached streamer. I feel crossout has potential
>>
>>383680387
>Having a call to action
It's not shit advice, but it's really fucking annoying.

On my youtube channel I do a "call to action" but it's just the final 20 seconds of my video has cards for
>youtube's best recommended video
>subscribe button
>playlist

If I did a twitch stream, it would have to be like a cool variety show or something. Something like you'd see on tech TV before G4. The only problem is that kind of thing is more conducive to a place like youtube.
>>
>>383674829
bullshit. You can't get partnered with only 100 followers. You need at least 100 viewers every time you stream and you have to do so for months before they even consider you.

I used to speed run Mega Man games and got consistently 80 viewers, had a few thousand followers and I could never get partnered.
>>
>>383703569
Not him, but things have changed a lot since you last were on Twitch then. You need about 5-10 consistent viewers across about 5 streams in one month to get affiliated.

Not the same thing as being partnered, but it does give you a sub button. One emote. And allows bits to be donated to you.
>>
OP I grew a channel to 30k with overwatch this half year and make 1.5k a month in advance revenue. It's possible and if you treat it like a job you will grow. Just remember that YT is a search engine so treat it as such and you will succeed. Twitch is a bit harder. I recommend YT then bringing them to twitch. Pulse is the only thing helping smaller people get discovered atm
>>
>>383703569
It's the new affiliate program.

It basically lets you get a shitty subscribe button and able to cash in Bits. It's just Twitch trying to monotize smaller streams.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (70KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
70KB, 415x367px
>A viewer has joined your broadcast
>>
>>383675161
there's no point in going to college if you aren't smart anyway. Better to either become an entertainer or do some more practical but vital work like being a farmer or something.
>>
>>383703858
No the program is great. It gives a regular pleb streamer a goal to work with. Being a partner is the 1% and is such a crazy dream. And I just got 50 subs with the program and can now benefit from bits. It honestly feels like twitch is finally thinking about the small guys desu
>>
>>383674645
How much money did you actually spend? On what?

>>383685091
Let me guess, you're only counting subscribers. Neglecting to account for donations and sponsorship.
>>
>>383675161
College is mostly a scam tho.
>>
>>383696628
Warcraft 3
>>
>>383686630
Dude, many streamers(if not most) have a job, on top of streaming. It's just a fraction of their lives.
>>
It feels like the only avenues you have these days are either to find a niche in a game, a top 500 Junkrat player for example, speedrunning, or to wait until a new FOTM game appears to bandwagon. The problem with the latter is that every other big streamer will probably edge you out long enough that the hype dies down. If you're the only one left at the end though you might be able to get a decent few hundred regulars to sustain you.
>>
File: IMG_0932.jpg (31KB, 1418x106px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.jpg
31KB, 1418x106px
> tfw americucks banned from 4chan soon
> no more eceleb threads
Can't wait tbqh
>>
>>383705672
>no more shitposting
oh boy, way to go backwards
>>
File: vertical lathe2.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vertical lathe2.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>tfw want to stream myself making shit on CNC machines, the lathe and mills for the creative twitch shit
>technological retard that cant even operate a camera
merging it with my after job hobby would be perfect
>>
>>383675639
send one of those knives over this way, famjam
>>
Kappa123
>>
>>383705249
>The problem with the latter is that every other big streamer will probably edge you out long enough that the hype dies down.
The best part is how big streamers will have the game way before normal people trying to get into streaming, so those newbies will never have a chance to grow their channel
>>
>>383675012
>one of my biggest dreams is to be famous and make easy money doing fucking nothing
What is a dream.
What is money.
What is spreading cancer.
>>
>>383675519
>not fucking female streamers
>not enforcing your dominance on their stream through their can
>not couch hopping through as many of those sluts as you can

Seriously you are all missing out.
>>
File: pareto_pdf2.png (36KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
pareto_pdf2.png
36KB, 800x427px
That's just the way of everything, OP.

The Pareto distribution infers that 20% of the streamers makes 80% of the money from twitch, but it gets even more extreme where 10% of the streamers probably make 50% of the twitch bucks.

How likely will it be that you would land in that 20%?

The same thing goes for authors, painters, musicians, pretty much everything falls into this rule. Steven king by himself probably accounts for 15% of all book sales in the united states alone.
>>
I'll never understand how some people can give almost everything up to try and pursue full time streaming. I know somebody who had a comfy job as an accountant in a big company until she one day decided to give it up for her 200-300 viewer streams. She's hardly grown in the 2-3 years since that transition.
>>
>>383677517
>have the things that I say actually matter to people.
Only retards take Youtuber or blog writer opinions as facts but you're even stupider
>>
>>383686645
summit is an actual human being with real reactions, not a hyper screaming retarded faggot. He's also really good at FPS.
>>
File: 1388900300145.jpg (59KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1388900300145.jpg
59KB, 720x480px
>>383706810
There's a reason few people actually money. Again, it's easier as a girl because you can wring neckbeard piggybanks consistently and easily and double your potential income by using Twitch as promo tool and then try to shuffle them to your cosplay Patreon. It's basically symbiosis at that point, because even if they don't give you Patreon cash they still might donate on Twitch
>>
>>383706939
>not a hyper screaming

he screams all the fucking time
>>
>>383684876
You don't need to be on camera. Look at moonmoon and seagull
>>
>>383674645
Most of you are probably doing exactly the same boring thing to try and get popular that's all been done thousands of times before. Quality over quantity, try doing something new and exciting set the trends instead of piggybacking of the ideas of the popular people, or go for a niche instead of trying to become the next Twitch blockbuster. What can you do? I don't fucking know.
>>
>guy who works for me is always bringing up streaming at work
>actually a pretty funny guy at work so i could understand why he's into streaming
>says his viewers are great, and that he has a lot of fun streaming
>even talks up his "fanbase" including mentioning there's asian girls that always watch his streams and tell him he's cute
>one day he mentions he might stream that night
>decide to crash his stream
>make a twitch account when i get home
>overheard him talking about league of legends a few times to other people so i start browsing twitch's LoL section
>everyone including their mother is facecamming now so i find my employee's stream really easily
>has like 5 viewers
>he's basically deadpan, can't tell a good joke, isn't being entertaining, and is completely unlike how he acts at work
>he never shuts the fuck up about viewers, always announces the viewer count when there's a new one, greets new ones by name, and keeps saying phrases like '...when i get more viewers...' '...if i play that it should bring in more viewers...'
>the "asian" girls in the chat constantly trying to get his attention (which they receive) are clearly just trolling him
>recognize another one of my employee's voices on skype, makes me wonder if anyone else in the chat is already his friend and he's just abusing his circle of friends to obtain more viewership
>couldn't bring myself to fuck with him at all and just leave after like 20 minutes
>>
>>383706140
YouTube would be better for that. just set up camera and press record and edit after
>>
>>383707165
He's not like Tim the Fat Man who screams at literally everything though.
>>
>>383704083
>viewer:hi
>never talks again
>>383707652
i know

tim is one of the worst
>>
>>383707620
Should've fucked with him.

At least he's passionate about something. It's kind of unfortunate guys like him care so much about viewership numbers
>>
>>383707620
I sure hope you sent him some anonymous advice
>>
>>383685638
>I checked reddit
Honestly this should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>383708387
i never spoke to him about streaming again
>>
>>383675552
>I want my schtick to be me being a trap, not a girl.
Seek help.
>>
most popular streamers are either
>boring as fuck besides some hit or miss jokes
>gamur girl
>Loud obnoxious person who overreacts to everything and spouts memes
the good streamers imo are usually lowkey with like 100 or 1,000 something view count
>>
>>383710325
>1000
>low
>feelsbadman.jpg
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.