[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squad is the best tactical shooter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: FallujahConcept_01.png (877KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FallujahConcept_01.png
877KB, 1920x1080px
Let me drop some truth bombs.

Squad is the best mix of realism, scale and accessability you can find in the tactical shooter genre.

Let's be real here, public Arma 3 is fucking awful. It's mainly shitty gamemodes like autism life or Survival mods. If you want to play Arma as something remotely realistic you need to join a group with a modpack thats often 30gbs big, needs to be kept up-to-date and usually groups only have an event once a week.
Drop in and play is simply not a thing here.

Insurgency and Day of Infamy barely count as tactical shooters considering that their scale is similair to that of larger cod maps, and simply having a high TTK doesn't make them tactical shooters.

Project Reality, while good, is literally on life support and rarely has more than 400 players, which means not more than 4 full servers. Right now PRSPY says 218 players online, that's almost nothing considering it's free. Squad costs 40$ and has 1200 players with a 2.8k peak.

Red Orchestra 2 is pretty good, but Rising Storm 2s launch is fucking shite with bugs all over the place, only 5 maps intended for 64 players and many people don't like the new Supremacy gamemode. There is a reason that it's playercount is now on par with squad a month after launch.

Squad is still in Early Access, already has 10 maps with an Estionian city map releasing probably next month and Fallujah in development. 4 Factions are already in.
It has good pacing and a fantastic voice system.
Some like to meme that Squad barely is a milsim, but stuff like backblast simulation and needing a forward observer for effective fire support ironically make it more complex in that regard than vanilla Arma 3.
They have already shown ATGMs and new RPGs, helicopters and AA guns, tank scans from museums aswell as a lot of stuff for the british forces. Add to that the new animations, vaulting and zeroing, Squad is going to be in a fantastic state by the end of the year.
>>
I was looking for the next thread to shitpost and prove the OP wrong, but...

I just CAN'T do it here.

Squad really is an amazing game, and the devs keep us updated on what's going on, which is pretty rare in 2017.

Nothing else to say.
>>
Call me when they optimize it.
>>
Played it at a friend's place, pretty dull. Had a better time playing Call of Duty on its free weekend.
>>
ok
>>
>Our maps are YUGE!
I don't give a shit unless you let me collapse buildings or make it fun and arcadey. Preferably both.
>>
>>383670803
Squadposter is that you?
>>
>>383670803
>I want a hardcore, realistic shooter
>I want to play on public servers
>>
squad is literally a a shittier arma with only a slice of the content for the same price

>2.8k peak
kek
>>
File: screen956.png (1MB, 1280x667px) Image search: [Google]
screen956.png
1MB, 1280x667px
>>383671472
are you kidding me no one is developing games like that at this point, if anything I would put my money on teams from the mod culture which have managed to catch a liking to this mini genre.

my question is how much like 0.5 pr are they trying to make this thing? sure it can be a ltitle more on the hardcore side than that but I hate when they start insisting shakey animations on the player instead of putting that money to creative game modes that dont necessarly build on the reality but bequeath a testemant to the refined shooting mechanics and netcode.

Just give me combined arms game about iraq where the insurgents can just be kids with RKGs and SVDs and blue forces can be slightly overpowered with A-10s and HMMVS
>>
File: anticipation.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anticipation.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>383671567
>I want to play with my autism group only once a week for two hours, otherwise my game is unbearable

>>383671605
that's about the amount of people that do milsim in Arma, considering that 95% of the playerbase only does KOTH, Wasteland, Survival mods or Autism life it evens out.

>>383671545
It is!
>>
>>383671967
>are you kidding me no one is developing games like that at this point
It's an open market, baby. A cash cow waiting to be harnessed. Counter-Strike meets Battlefield meets Red Faction. Crude graphics. Lovely big maps and scenarios with lots of vehicles. Now that would be fun.
>>
>>383672051
Once a week for two hours is enough for people who aren't living in their mum's basement and squad doesn't have enough content to be played for more than a few rounds at a time.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (18KB, 356x188px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
18KB, 356x188px
>>383672151
>>
>>383672257
>>
File: 1493392392895.jpg (120KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493392392895.jpg
120KB, 716x768px
>>383672356
the average human spends 1/3 of his life sleeping
most work 8 hours a day
leaving you with 8 hours freetime
Arma 3 released in 2013

gratz, you spend almost all of your freetime in the past 4 years in a virtual battlefield
>>
>>383672151
Not enough content?

You have about 10 maps, with maps in Afghanistan mountains, poppy fields... Russian forests, cities... Iraqi deserts, cities, etc.

Plus, just the fact that the maps are big, means that Squad Leaders will use diffirent strategies. They won't always attack from one part of the map.

It's not like Battlefield, where you know where the snipers usually hide everytime. You know where the mgs go. It always ends up being the same.

In Squad, I could play the same map over and over, because the tactics always change. The enemy is not always using the exact same path.
>>
It's a shell of a game right now though. There's about a million missing features that won't be done for years.
>>
>>383672779
Ah, you must have come from call of duty, battlefield or insurgency. Project reality is basically squad with far more content. Arma 3 has far more and doesn't lock you into predefined game modes.
>>
>>383672947
Not him but the reason PR is not better to play is because the community is dead. Like OP has stated the servers are deserted, with a select few having okay communities. Also its graphics are outdated and I'd rather have a game that is continually updated for more content and will eventually surpass PR or at the very least, rival its worth, especially since it has mod tools now. It's not worth the time to dedicate to a game that sometimes has less than 150 players in certain months.

Peace out fag, stay delusional.
>>
>>383673112
>community is dead
Whoa, just like squad.
>>
>>383672947
I come from Project Reality.

ArmA 3... where you have to download thousands of files before joining a single server?

Where everyone plays the shitty King of the Hill, and other DayZ-like modes?

With a shitty optimization?

Call me once I can play some multiplayer military missions in ArmA 3, without having to install any assets, AND, without having to search for a group of people to play with me on X day of the week.

ArmA 3 is either for:

a) People that have pilot peripherals, and only fly helicopters or jets in Single Player.

Or...

b) Kids that love survival modes, or King of The Hill. See how many autists are playing PUBG?

That's it. No servers with military missions. You have to go on some forums and find people to play with you, since 99% or ArmA 3 multiplayer is shit.

Same thing with ArmA 2 back in the days...

Not a single military operation server. Not a SINGLE ONE. But about 15 DayZ ones.

Fuck you, and fuck your 12 years old cancer community.

P.S: The game itself is fun, but I want to play multiplayer operations, and there are currently NONE in the server list... only autistic mods.
>>
>>383673139
so 3k peak everyday is considered dead now?

You can find servers in every region
>>
>>383673885
https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/927399-How-To-Write-A-Good-Paragraph
>>
I actually miss playing Squad. I had to sell my PC because I moved house and had no space for it. But it was the most fun I've had in a shooter in years.

It's only fun if you've got a mic and don't mind being tacticool
>>
>>383674304

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-best-way-to-avoid-an-argument-in-a-debate-or-discussion-when-I-know-Im-wrong-and-they-are-right-How-can-I-get-my-point-across-better
>>
>>383671605
>a shittier arma
It's a simpler arma, and for some people it hits a good spot on the spectrum of autism vs casual

You see this in every genre. Racing games range from Burnout to iRacing. Flyan gaems range from Ace Combat to DCS. MMOs range from FFXIV to Eve.

The fact that it's trying to hit a different spot on that spectrum, rather than just going for another Arma, is a good thing. It gives the genre more variety to choose from.
>>
>>383674402
>no space for it
what
>>
>>383671567

>i want a realistic shooter
>i play a game which has respawns and ridiculous arcade mechanics like suppression effects

Retarded hypocrites who claim to like realistic games but then settle for arcade shit like that are the worst.
>>
>>383675231
>middleground isn't allowed to exist
99% of the arguments on /v/
>>
File: 1468994096868.gif (650KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468994096868.gif
650KB, 500x281px
>>383672556
>gratz, you spend almost all of your freetime in the past 4 years in a virtual battlefield
>he spent his freetime having fun!
Wow what a faggot
>>
File: 1476737007834.jpg (8KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
1476737007834.jpg
8KB, 228x222px
>>383676884
alone, in a room

thats seriously sad
>>
File: 1493649555856.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493649555856.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>383676884
It's literally impossible to spend so much time on a videogame while having healthy relationships with family, friends, and your special someone, going outside or keeping your body healthy.

How much do you weight?
Do you have a girlfriend?
Hows your family?

Really makes you think huh?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.