[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E-Sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 318x159px
Could e-sports someday surpass regular sports in popularity?
>>
no.
>>
they already did
>>
>>383668202
nope
you need to know how to play the game in order to understand esports
>>
most sports on ESPN1 (main ESPN channel) are over 100 years old. Basketball is probably the youngest one and even that shit is like 110 years old or something
>>
>>383668356
All sports have rules you need to understand, duh. I would even say that more could play e-sports because people of all sizes and even with some disabilities could play them.
>>
>>383668356
this

unless schools start teaching it to kids like they do sports

it aint happening

also, once enough men give a fuck about it, women will soon follow like the mindless hordes they are
>>
>>383668723
>thinking only athletes give a fuck about sports

go to a sports bar or event and you'll see anything from skeletons to fatasses rooting for their team
>>
File: 1499106563260.jpg (232KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1499106563260.jpg
232KB, 1200x675px
>>383668202
not e-sports in the same way people watch sports, but maybe people will want to watch streamers who stream competitive games, but a rotating cast of games, more than they want to watch basketball.
i just think the way games are (a bunch come out every year) plus the way media is distributed now (you can watch whatever you want on the internet) means e-sports will never be able to stick with just one game long enough to reach real sports levels for that game.
but the viewership of streaming of competitive games in general could hypothetically surpass sports viewership.
>>
>>383668202
i'm gay
>>
You can learn a decent sport like basketball in half an hour, you have to play LoL for like 10 hours to understand whats going on and be able to do basic shit
>>
>>383668446
mma isn't on espn1?
>>
>>383669384
you are talking about the objective of the game

thats easy to learn.

>Strike out the team, try to make enough hits to make baseruns, and make homeruns.

>Farm gold and xp, kill towers, and destroy enemy base

learning how to play the sport or game is not so easy.

both games have a shit ton of nuance, but
>>
No and certainly not that assfaggots trash
>>
They will, by the time you are an old fart
>>
>>383668249
>>383668356
>>383668446
>>383669073
This>>383668304

You people don't understand that the World Finals of LoL in the Seoul Olympic Stadium last year had more viewers than the NBA Finals of the same year. 80 million people worldwide tuned into that shit. And that number is steadily growing each year.
>>
>>383671748
>Comparing a global event to national finals.
Like, I get what your throwing but not exactly a proportionate comparison.
>>
>>383671935
NBA is watched around the world you retard, just like the Super Bowl.
>some assfaggots computer game finals overtaking one of the most respected basketball leagues in the world in viewership isn't impressive

Keep living in your fantasy dreamland where eSports don't matter. I don't even like assfaggots, nor have I ever played LoL, but even I can see that eSports are huge, and quickly rivalling regular sports. iirc, ESPN has had an eSports channel for a while, and my Movistar just recently made a 24 hours eSports channel.

You're dumb if you think this is just a fad. There's big money in this, and a big audience.
>>
Problem is a sport needs a stable viewerbase to grow, and video games, by nature, will never have a truly stable viewerbase. People have been playing soccer for a long ass time, CS is the longest running esport and it's been around fifteen years with deadzones in that time, and it's only a matter of time before a different game takes its playerbase
>>
>>383672212
>superb owl
>watched around the world

Get a load of this faggot. Nobody cares about handegg outside of Murrica.
>>
No, because new games always comes out meanwhile the same sport stays the same and never changes. However my son and his generation will probably see eatsports on tv regularly in 10 years
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.