[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was /v/ like when Dark Souls came out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: drake.jpg (82KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
drake.jpg
82KB, 625x351px
What was /v/ like when Dark Souls came out?
>>
>>383667108
amazing
>>
The peak of the series. It was so fucking great and comfy to discuss the game as a Godstation owner because PCbros were still seething hard about Demon's Souls. Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked and PTD edition came out. PCbros really do ruin everything.
>>
>>383667108
Really fun. We had meet ups, duels, and Sun Bro-ops. A lot of them were themed, too.
>>
>>383667302
>Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>383667302
>Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked and PTD edition came out. PCbros really do ruin everything.

Explain what happened, lads
>>
>>383667489
The 30fps guys start crying about how they lost another exclusive. And how the game is shit now.
>>
I was here, but I don't remember (6 years ago dude).

Personally it took me a while, a month maybe, to get into the game so I wasn't paying too close attention to first impressions.
I do remember there was a beta version and lots of chatter of people sucking at the game when they played the beta at events.
>>
>>383667108
new Dark Souls and LoL generals being made every 5 minutes are the entire reason /vg/ exists
>>
>people think the Drake Sword is bad

It's one of the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>383667108
Legit hype and discussion, memes everywhere, webms everywhere, art everywhere.

This was pre-PC release.
Bloodborne sort of captured the same spirit but nowhere near the same level.

Everything else was cancer and dissapointment.
>>
>>383667108
Pretty shit, actually. It was full of consolewar nonsense that was never present in the comfy Demon's Souls generals we had.

Dark Souls 1 vanilla was also really fucking bad, so you had shit like TWOP + Fog Ring combos.
>>
>>383669248
Dark Souls 2 was a mistake, and Dark Souls 3 was a small piece of duct tape trying to fix up that mistake, needless to say it failed spectacularly.

People who are new to the Souls community will never understand how special Demon's Souls and Dark Souls was back in the day. It was the golden age of Souls community, it was all love, no hate.

Funny thing is, back then most Souls fans don't even know who Miyazaki is, it was the disappointment of Dark Souls 2 that make Miyazaki famous.

There's a reason why people got so incredibly hyped about Project Beast (Bloodborne) back in 2014. Not because they loved DS2 and want more, but because they know Miyazaki is back and they know how great Demon's Souls and Dark Souls was.
>>
>>383667489
The fanbase literally became autistic and horrible. The whole cancerous git gud lol dank souls lol praise le redditt sun xDD came from faggots like this >>383667784

Someone post the google search graph that shows the rise of Dark souls cancerous terms after the date where PTD came out.
>>
>>383668765
It's only good for early game + it's a definite obvious sign you were a faggot who looked up a guide.
>>
>>383667108
Game had a relatively small following for its initial release, but there were regular threads about it. They were fun.
The board was fucking horrible leading up to the PC release, but once it came out the discussion mostly drowned out the shitposting.

It's been half a decade.
>>
>>383669330
Do you not remember shit like CRS being a monster? And the console war stuff was barely an issue, it was just stupid shit like "PS3 players are better at the game". The real shitposting came with the PC release, a lot of memes spewed from there on and the community just took a nosedive in quality. Could be because it was just becoming more popular, but the timing makes it easy to blame PC.
>>
>>383670248
>>383670563
>>383670860
THIS ISNT TRUE STOP SHITPOSTING SONYSHITS
>>
>>383671164
Played DaS on 360 though
>>
>>383671164
I played it on the 360 and then bought the PC version when it was released.

Also, it was just general console war bullshit.
The fanbase got worse around the time of the PC release, but I'd say that's more due to the game becoming generally more popular, not because of PC players.
>>
>>383671519
>>383672929
Did you buy the avatar items?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7HjbpL9EUA
>>
>>383669338
I thought Dark Souls 2 was fucking garbage. Like it tried to capture what people liked in the original with """"iconic"""" shit like stuffing Ornstein in there
>>
>>383673004
Nah I didn't bother with Xbox Live. Bought DaS again on PC partially so I could play the multiplayer.
>>
>>383673067
Same here. Only bought it on PC to play the DLC.
>>
>>383670331
>guide
You don't need a guide to realize you can cheap out a dragon with a bow and arrow. Then again, I started with DeS years ago.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.