[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this another generic JRPG or is it actually worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: segabitsskies-of-arcadia-ship.jpg (205KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
segabitsskies-of-arcadia-ship.jpg
205KB, 1024x768px
Is this another generic JRPG or is it actually worth playing?
>>
>>383666268
Its fun
>>
>>383666268
It's the most memorable generic JRPG ever made, it uses most of the tropes in the book but somehow feels fresh at every turn.
>>
>>383666268
Breath of Fire 3/4 are pretty good
>>
>>383666268
It's both. It also did the 3D sailing gimmick before Wind Waker.
>>
The actual combat is pretty standard but the sailing is comfy and the atmosphere/ world building is god tier
>>
Playing it for the first time and it's pretty fun, I feel like I've been very been there done that with it but I'm still having a blast with it.
>>
Pros.
>pretty good story
>likeable cast of characters
>amazing ship battles
>customizable ship and pirate hideout
>large world filled with secrets to discover

Cons.
>very high encounter rate (don't run from battles to get through the game quicker, I'll explain why below)
>lots of easily missable chests and items, only a con if you want to get a higher pirate ranking which is needed to get the best weapons and a crew member
>running from too many battles slaps you with a Coward pirate ranking and is extremely difficult to remove
>western versions have heavy censorship
>PoNR issue as several places can no longer be explored after progressing, effectively locking you out of collectables
>>
>>383666842
This. One of my favorite RPGs because of it.
>>
>>383666268
I have tried playing but dam has it ages horribly.

Why did Sega avoid Playstation consoles so hard during this period? Sony wanted to get revenge on Nintendo who back stabbed them, Sega was not apart of the plan
>>
i liked it
try to avoid running from battles as much as possible, it can make your rating a bitch to repair
>>
>>383667128
I did that when going through the tornado filled area. How do I check my ranking?
>>
>>383667747
If you meant running, just check the pause menu.. If your ranking doesn't say Vyse the Coward, you should be fine for the most part.
>>
>>383667910
Cheers. Thank god I realised you can just spam S.Moves to win.
>>
MOON
STONE
CANNON
>>
>>383668069
GADWIN'S SECRET MOVE

oh sorry, wrong game
>>
File: Fina.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Fina.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Fina is quite possibly the blandest female JRPG character ever. Seriously she's worse than both Yuna and Rosa combined. And who the fuck wears a wedding gown in combat?
>>
>>383666268
Both.

>>383666842
Exactly right. The combat had me bored and as gameplay goes the dungeons aren't anything to write home about. I actually stopped playing for a while after the pyramid dungeon because I was so uninterested. Then I asked around, explained my thoughts, and asked if I should keep playing. The response was mixed, but the responses in the negative were just standard "if you don't like it, don't play it" fare, whereas the people encouraging me to continue were more specific and actually directly answered my question about whether the game's real strengths would start to shine through soon after the point I had stopped at. One guy actually gave an exact point where everything picks up - without spoiling anything - and turned out to be right on the money. So I eventually did pick it back up and saw it through to the end.

I'm glad I decided to come back to it. The issues I had with the combat and dungeons were only slightly alleviated as the game went on, and the standard battle theme was vomit to my ears from start to finish, but the world and characters really are charming and engaging, and were enough to keep me invested in the story. You don't need to lose any sleep if you decide to pass on it as it's certainly no masterpiece, but I'd say it wouldn't be a waste of your time either.
>>
File: AAAAAAADVENTURE.png (1MB, 930x1250px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAADVENTURE.png
1MB, 930x1250px
>>383666268
>>
>>383666268
With a little bit of modding, you could call this "Captain Harlock the video game".
>>
i wish you could speed up air fights
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.