[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game was really good. Gameplay was tight and responsive,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: the-last-of-us1.jpg (914KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us1.jpg
914KB, 1280x720px
This game was really good. Gameplay was tight and responsive, sound design was phenomenal, graphics were solid, the overgrown city setting was unique and very atmospheric, the main characters had great chemistry with some top notch voice work to really sell it, and the ending was handled very nicely.

Also the multiplayer was absolutely incredible. I went in expecting it to be a cheap afterthought but wew did I have a blast.

Not really a "Citizen Kane" by any means but nowhere near the irredeemable shite /v/ kept on insisting that it was.
>>
Its not terrible. Crafting shit mid-combat is kinda neat and the multiplayer somehow managed to be better than the single player they hyped up so much

The problem is that the people who mindlessly praised it only listen to the shitposters and hyperbole and immediately assume anyone with legitimate complaints is just shitposting
>>
>>383663231
It's an okay game, /v/ Is full of contrarian shitposters out the ass so of course they'll say it was bad.

That being said, my biggest gripe with it was the overselling of a lot of the mechanics in the game. They promised all of this dynamic AI interactions with the player during combat, like enemies taking advantage of the player reloading, or being out of ammo, and tons of other stuff, and the demo they showed for the game made it look amazing too, what we got ended up being nowhere near what they showed it to be, it was Ubisoft tier bullshit.

I still had a lot of fun with my first play through and I enjoy the story and characters well enough, even if it gets a little bland at times.

The multiplayer is fucking awesome, hands down, even if someone says they didn't like the game they liked the multiplayer, and if they say they didn't they are a liar or a shitter.
>>
>feel like replaying it
>having a good time
>reach the hotel part on Pittsburgh or whatever the hell iris where the niggers ambush you
>fall through the elevator pitch
>remember what comes next
>stop playing

I was having such a good time and then I got to THAT one part. Fuck.

Is the multiplayer still alive on PS4?
>>
>>383663694
I'm pretty sure they do react to the player having no ammo, but you're right that they oversold the AI a bit. I don't know that it was Ubisoft tier, but it was a letdown. The early demos also made it look like every encounter would feel unique and be fairly small scale...but then the actual game throws stupid amounts of enemies at you during a few sections.
>>
>>383666382
They oversold it more then just "a bit" it's a pretty heavy duty difference between what was shown and what we got

https://youtu.be/BF0EaH73ee4
>>
>>383663694
>The multiplayer is fucking awesome
I don't know why Naughty Dog is so good at multiplayer. Uncharted 2 and TLOU both had multiplayer that outshined the single player. Pre-1.05 Uncharted 2 was literally GOAT as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>383663231
>This game
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>383666768
Okay, that's much worse than I remembered. I forgot just how much they hyped that up.
>>
>>383666898
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.