[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they hate their older video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: naughtydog.png (3KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
naughtydog.png
3KB, 300x168px
Why do they hate their older video games?
>>
They don't make video games anymore, their a movie studio now.
>>
>>383662202
Too much gameplay
>>
File: giphy.gif (490KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
490KB, 320x240px
>>383662202
>playing crash bandicoot remake
>able to move around an entire level with full movement and control with fluid and rewarding gameplay
>no quick time events and quips
>throw controller at floor and yell no
>put in Uncharted 4
>no gameplay at all and full on quips and hand holding cinematic experiences
>mfw
>>
I can't blame them to be honest. Crash is a mediocre hyper-linear game that is totally overshadowed by both Super Mario World and Super Mario 64. And there are like half a dozen of them. Jak is a worse version of Mario 64 and its sequels were awful unpolished messes that shamelessly pandered to GTA fans. Their new games are Tomb Raider (Classic) But Fun, which is fun I suppose, and Resident Evil 4.5, which people love.
>>
File: uc4crash7.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uc4crash7.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Yes they quite clearly hate their old games. This is why they put in a whole section of Crash Bandicoot in Uncharted 4 not once but twice
>>
>>383663103
>tfw the crash sections were the hardest part of uncharted 4
>>
>>383662578
>>383663571
>le crash is hard xdxd

Fucking redditors
>>
>>383663680
my meme was actually le crash is a game which uncharted is not.
>>
>>383662202
Because "they" didnt make them. None of the original staff works there anymore.
>>
>>383662202
their basically going through their teenage years
rejecting the toys they used to play with and trying to look mature and intelligent to everyone else thinking that those toys are beneath them
>>
Their older games were actually games.

Uncharted is just slog designed specifically for retarded "critics" who suck dick. The Last of Us is okay though. Still nothing compared to Crash or Jak.
>>
> Naughty Dog hates their old games

This is just a meme perpetuated by /v/, it's simply not true.
>>
>>383664009
Nice reddit meme
>>
>>383664214
Yes there is retard
>>
>>383664214
Of the original 8, 2 still work there, so that's a whopping 25%
>>
>>383662202
I don't mind Uncharted and TLOU, but I'd wish they'd move on. TLOU didn't need a sequel.
>>
>>383662670
>Their new games are Tomb Raider (Classic) But Fun, which is fun I suppose
>>
>>383662202
The team that made Crash is long gone. Everyone at Naughty Dog at the moment are either new or have been there only since TLOU development started (probably hired specifically for its development). Also even with Sony behind them, anyone with a half sense of business can tell that platformers were becoming outdated with publishers/studios putting out more mature themed games especially when most countries at the time were lifting bans and/or reworking their media classifications. They needed the 24 onwards crowd and this was the way to do it.
>>
>>383662202
The guys who founded the studio don't even work there anymore
>>383662670
>every platformer is a copy mario
Nice
>>
Because companies evolve and move on? Also who said they hate their old video games? Big difference between hating your games and not continuing to make a certain type of game.
>>
>>383664847
It really didn't, the ending was perfect.
>>
Isn't the last of Us the worst game ever according to /v/?
>>
>>383665670
The guy who founded it is talentless
>>
>>383666031
I wouldn't say that if he modeled Crash himself
>>
>>383665681
So why haven't they "moved on" from Uncharted and cinematic third-person cover shooting?
>>
>>383664838
Aren't the two that 'work' there the creators of the studio itself? Their creative input would be nonexistent as far as I'm concerned - generally studio heads just okay projects, sit in their offices doing nothing and have weekly meetings to see what's up.
>>
>>383666323
They are moving on though? The Lost Legacy is the last one they're making for a while anyway
>>
At least Uncharted 1-3 had some decent writing thanks to Amy Hennig. 4 is just fucking painful.
>>
>>383666323
They will when the process repeats. The process being everyone who is currently in Naughty Dog leaving and new people coming in who will bring their own idea of how Naughty Dog should proceed. That being said the people being employed and their own beliefs or behaviors is another subject.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.