[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Casual filters, "What were they thinking" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

ITT: Casual filters, "What were they thinking" edition
>>
The second part of the DLC better be 10/10 because there was nothing interesting in this first half.
>>
>>383661407
hard mode actually makes the game tolerable instead of piss easy
>>
>>383661038
Absolute fucking horse shit of a trial on Master Mode. These faggots didn't playtest their own game.
>>
>>383661038
The ice rooms are harder
>>
>>383662627
its absolutely possible if you know what you're doing
you just have to git gud

if you can kill havel the rock on a naked soul level 1 char wielding nothing but a bandit's knife, you can easily kill the silver lizalfos with the exact same method.

if ur a scrub who tries to stunlock them and wind up knocking them into the water where they regenerate, or try to keep headshotting until you run out of arrows, or lose 1/4 of your hp every time they spit on you, you DESERVE to lose
>>
>>383662146
>hard mode actually makes the game tolerable instead of piss easy
this.
I don't think I will ever play in normal again.
The game got too easy by 6-7 hearts that only lynels were an issue.
End game it was all too easy.

I haven't tried master trials yet.
I'm waiting for 120 shrines/
at 102 now
>>
Is it some kind of debuff that causes you to see the blue haze?
>>
>>383663957
I don't really think it makes it less easy, it just extends the portion at the beginning of the game where you have to conserve weapons and plan ahead instead of just rushing in and crushing with OP equipment later on
>>
>>383663957
I just got around to dling DLC and did master trial #1 on master mode soon as I hit 13 hearts, all I had was 13 hearts, 1 stamina wheel, maxed out on cooked overheal/overstamina, 30 minutes damage+++. It worked
>>
>>383664768
no it does make things harder all game.
not hard, just harder.

For most of the time you have to avoid big battles. For example
Now encampments will be full of 1 gold moblin and 8 silver bokoblins.
where before it would be 1 silver, 8 black.
you have to prioritise and crowd control the enemy.
Gold lynel can near 1 shot you too.
It's slightly more challenging, but also rewarding by having more loot because of higher enemies and the platforms have high level gear.
>>
>>383663957
>>383662146
Other than "You get 1 shot easier", how does Hard mode make it better?
Or is it literally a damage increase and aggression increase?
>>
>>383665001
I'm trying to take my time in the game, I have been playing everyday since the DLC was released, no fast travel, doing all side quests, upgrading all gear.
>>
>>383665136
damage increase, enemy tiers are higher, so there is no stomping on the enemy with 2 hits late game.
They regen health pretty quick, so unless you keep pressure on the enemy, and prioritise targets you can end up running out of good weapons pretty quick on even a normal camp,

Blizzard rods are a god send on master mode
>>
>>383665136
I'm not any of the people you're applying to, and I hate Tryhard mode fags, but it
>increases all enemies by one level
>increases an enemy's search and aggression radius
>gives enemies regenerating health
>adds floating platforms with high-level enemies and gear
I'm pretty sure there's more but that's what I got out of it
>>
>>383662627
How hard does Ganon actually get?
>>
>>383665341
>>383665332
I guess that's reasonable
Would have hoped they'd give new moves or maybe new enemies, but oh well
>>
>>383665757
Oops, meant for >>383662146
>>
>>383665136
enemies are more damage, more hp, regen, they move and attack faster
>>
>>383665768
There's a bunch of new outfits with set bonuses.

But people are complaining that they can't really be upgraded, so they're pretty sucky compared to late game gear.
>>
>>383661038
This desu. This was by far the hardest thing in botw.

It was this room and exactly this room I learned you can chain stealth hits.
>>
>>383666961
>chain stealth hits
what do you mean?
>>
>>383661038
All you need to do to succeed in the master trials is eat a level 3 defense buff that lasts 20 minutes before you go in. I personally didn't do this, got through all of them without doing this, but I saw this in a stream and thought my experience would've been way more easier if I did that.
>>
File: 1496686745644.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1496686745644.png
260KB, 803x790px
Cemu version still has constant crashes? Or its fixed by now?
>>
>>383668352
You'll still have more fun running it on an actual Wii U.
>>
>>383665757
Harder and funier. You need to parry his shit constantly
>>383662627
Indeed. That room has a trick, but you must watch it or read it, otherwise, the first time is going to be dead end for your run.
But it's actually easy
>as soon as you enter, stasis blue lizalfos
>shoot him dead
>sneak behind left white lizard
>chain sneak attach him (an IA exploit, search for it)
>do the same with the other lizalfos
if you screw up, just keep hitting them without knocking them off
>>
>>383663957
>I haven't tried master trials yet.
Prepare to reverse your opinion then

Master mode trials haven't been playtested. They're complete fucking bullshit
>>
>>383665927
they can't be upgraded and the effects are rehashes of armor that you can upgrade, so they're pretty pointless besides the korok mask
>>
>>383668705
>haven't been playtested
I doubt that, you are just probably shit at vidya games and unintuitive in this physics based game
>>
>>383667893
basically the ONLY serious way to beat the room is to chain backstabs

every time you sneakstrike an enemy, it will be knocked down, then it will turn around and face the direction it was struck from, even if you're standing in front of it when it gets up

so sneakstrike a lizalfos
run around in front of its face and stand there, and it will turn around and face away from you when you get up even though its staring right at you
then you can sneak strike it again

you can chain this indefinitely, but the problem is that in that level if you ragdoll them into the water, you're fucking boned
>>
File: cemu.png (38KB, 560x459px) Image search: [Google]
cemu.png
38KB, 560x459px
>>383668352
I've been playing for hours with zero issues.
>>
>>383668705
You need to rush rooms before the 30 minutes attack buff wears off. I was having a hard time in middle trials, until I did that. Forget about stealth, if you have that buff, you are going to have a lot of weapons for later mini-guardians
>>
>>383668617
Im aware, but have no means of getting one anytime soon, third world countries suck.
>>383668992
I see, will give it a try, thanks anon. Shouldnt your CPU usage be way higher?
>>
>>383668836
>ragdoll them into the water, you're fucking boned
Well I haven't done the trial, but have played BotW a lot and if a lizardfos was in the water i would just cryonis the waster on top of him and put a block in fron of him so he cannot spit at me, which forces him to chase me onland.
But, you know, thats me. Having intuition and adapting to the scenario

Git Gud
>>
>>383661038
master mode difficulty for trials is all over the fucking place

>room with 2 silver mobs when you're wielding 10-20 damage weapons

meanwhile

>go into BOSS FIGHT room in middle trials
>its a single broken turret guardian that dies in like 5 hits
>the only upgrade from regular mode is that it varies its timing to be harder to parry, but its still pathetic

meanwhile

>room with 3x guardian scout level 3s that have 1500 hp each
>it upgrades them from 375 hp to 1500
are you shitting me
you have to break every weapon you picked up until that point
>another room with 2 more guardian scout level 3
>except this time you can just knock them into the water for instakill
kek
>>
>>383668836
>ONLY

>AI exploit

>serious

feh, no.
>>
>>383669105
except that doesn't help, because you're still hitting him with 15-20 damage weapons (+50%), and knockbacking him lands him in the water, and not knockbacking him means he'll land blows, and even normal hits will knockback him
and as soon as he's in the water, you're stuck with either using up ALL your arrows on chained headshots, or watching him regen to full, and you CANNOT stop partially poke him with arrows because he regens so fast.

if you knock the lizalfos under the stairs and he loses aggro, just give up, he regens to full before you can get him on land again
>>
>>383661407
>DLC armors have no new effects, can't be upgraded, are purely aesthetic (and don't even look good)
>Master mode is horse shit, enemies regen way too quickly, and don't drop higher power weapons to compensate their vastly increased health
>Sword trial is unrewarding, chances are if you can beat it then you have no need of a supercharged master sword anyway because you've already done everything and BotW has zero end game.
>The trials aren't even a place where you can use all the armor/weapons you've spent so much time gathering
>Sword trial in master mode is literally impossible

What I want to see:
>New dungeon that isn't a clone of the divine beasts/shrine
>At least 2 mega bosses or some other challenge that you can actually use your gear against
>At least 3 new sets of armor that actually do something new/good
>Another tier of upgrades with new stats

Just at a minimum. This DLC has been so fucking disappointing
>>
>>383669227
dont complete blows then.
dont do full hits that give crit knockdowns.
git fucking gud
>>
>>383668994
Is there any meaning in eating defense food instead? I guess it works on a +%?
>>
>>383669227
It'd be interesting to see a video of the testing pulling off that level.

The videos in New Super Mario Bros. Wii were quite entertaining for what they were.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>383669421
Phantom Armor looks really cool
>>
>>383669443
even if you only attack 3 times and don't hit on the 4th, you're still apply significant knockback with each hit. Go try it, there is knockback on normal hits. And thats enough to push them off the platform. And if you're circling around and not stunlocking, you WILL get hit by random tail swipes / tongue shots / etc (assuming you disarmed them)

theres no way to damage them without knockback except your lightning rod and that's not anywhere close to 864 hp in damage. And if you're trying to do this to both lizalfos instead of picking one off with chain backstabs, that means you'll eventually aggro the other one, and theres no chance of winning 1v2

the whole thing is very quick and easy if you get chained backstabs with the 27 damage club. 243 damage per hit, 4 hits and they're down.
>>
Until I did master trials I had no idea guardian scouts had a special laser they use to destroy cryonis pillars if you stand on them
>>
>>383669742
>the whole thing is very quick and easy if you get chained backstabs
maybe that's what was intended
or maybe nintendo just doesn't fucking playtest this shit because it's dlc
>>
>>383669946
guardian scouts going from 13 -> 375 -> 1500 -> 3000 is the easiest way to tell they didn't playtest their shit

Trial of Power shrine is basically a horror survival game
>>
File: doubt.jpg (21KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
21KB, 300x267px
>>383668992
>hours
>uptime 0:00:49:12
>>
>>383669489
No. Few enemies in middle trial hit hard
>bomb arrow bokoblin in 3F
>hinox
>turret guardian
>mini-guardian in 16F
That's it. With attack buff, you kill them way faster, so less hits on you.
>>
>>383669094
CPU usage is low because it's being bottlenecked by the RAM usage. Everything it needs past 100% is being swapped out to my platter drive. Swapping to my SSD is actually fast enough not to cause noticeable stutters, but I can't let that happen for an extended period of time.
i5 2500k/560ti/2x4gb ram
>>
So, when you upgrade the master sword, does it still have the normal shitty durability against normal monsters, or is the durability also enhanced?
Seems kind of broken if they give you a nearly indestructible 60 damage sword, but I guess at that point it's not like you have much left to do
>>
>>383665332
>>383665341
yeah but do they end up being damage sponges still
by halfgame i was fucking over the combat because everything was just soaking piss

>had to do 30 captchas before verify finally showed
>>
>>383670395
Durability enhanced too. Trial of the sword is not necessarily an end game quest. I rushed 40 shrines in master mode and get it upgraded.
>>
>>383670627
>I rushed 40 shrines in master mode and get it upgraded.
I don't think I'm good enough
I'm afraid to even try it because I don't want to know
>>
>>383670190
silver lizalfos spit water for like 5 hearts a pop
>>
>>383670627
>>383670395
normal master sword has 30 damage, 40 durability, consumes durability for sword beams
3x upgraded master sword has 60 damage, 200 durability, consumes no durability for beams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy0SfbrGfZ8&feature=youtu.be
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.