[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
How is it?
>>
Completely boring and mediocre. the epitome of 5/10
>>
>>383652392
good if you like the genre. It's far more modernized and smooth compared to older titles like Baldur's gate.

A lot of the combat mechanics are good, but without an AC system, disengagements are awkward at best, and absolutely lethal at worst. Characters stick like velcrow in combat, and if you pull them apart, the breaker takes a full attack. But the problem is that you can't clean break unless another friendly is engaged with the mob you're trying to break from, if there's no secondary target, the target chases faster than you can run, and your squishies take 3/4 of their endurance by the time they actually escape.

The entire Engagement mechanic is fucky, and you're gonna get screwed by it on your first playthrough unless you have a damn good party comp.

If you want to not get raped by engagement, you need to start as an offtank class, Paladin, Fighter, Druid, Monk, or Barbarian, or niche Wizard builds.

It's a classic RPG in that status effects are actually super fucking good, as there's not a general CC immunity. CC is your friend. Damage isn't always the answer. Which is good. It really captures the idea of meaningful class choice, while at the same time, every class is so simplistic.
>>
Tyranny has the more interesting world.
>>
>>383652392
>>383653358
Full tank/support Paladin is probably the easiest build I've used. Decentish melee attack, highest raw defensive stats out of any class, AoE buffs, and incredibly strong spot healing.

Cleric might be better at raw aoe healing, but Lay on Hands is generally one of the best forms of healing in the game, especially the earlygame.
>>
>>383653358
git gud
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.