[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Square Enix not bother to market this game? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Why did Square Enix not bother to market this game? It seems like they just threw the whole franchise under the bus, was it intentional? Seriously, it's amazing how hard this game bombed especially when it's basically as good as the last one.
>>
It was a good franchise. What a rotten way to die.
>>
japs are subhuman
>>
>>383651041
Good game made by a competent studio...
Butchered by a greedy, out-of-touch publisher.

Almost everything wrong with the game is the publisher's fault, hands down.
>>
>killing deus ex was a conspiracy
whoa
>>
File: 1490409885826.jpg (14KB, 208x241px) Image search: [Google]
1490409885826.jpg
14KB, 208x241px
>>383652837
>publisher fucks up every step of the way including failing to actually promote the game
>blames studio/franchise, cancels the sequel and makes them work on capeshit instead
>>
SE never market their games. Why do you think ffxi died?
>>
>>383651041
they did market it pretty well

it failed because of the mirotransactions, only 1/2 of a story the rest was cut out for second/third game and bad launch performance
>>
>>383651041

> ha ha ha. Let's just cut 2/3 of the game off and put it behind a 'buy 5 trillion copies and we might actually finish the game as dlcs' wall.

>now let's not market it at all because people are angry at being asked to pay full retail for 1/3 of a game!

> gee people didn't like us trying to fuck them in the ass? No more game for you fithy gaijin piggy. Finaru fantasy is all you get for ever now!
>>
The worst thing about that is you could see how the devs loved the franchise, now when you watch the credits with all their photos during development, it gives a very empty feeling. All of that because of an out of touch publisher, that team is now forced to work on shitty capeshit games.
>>
>>383653205
>marketed it pretty well
>hardly anybody seemed to notice when it came out, even on this board
>those that knew about it only seemed to hear about the microtransactions, shitty preorder scheme attempt and the shit ending
There's no way they marketed it well, the game was still suffering the stigma of that shitty preorder scheme attempt 10 months later. Worse games have as sold well purely because of contrived hype.
>>
it was forgettable crap anyway
>>
>>383653043
Did the same shit to Hitman
>>
>>383653479
All things considered the game has about as much shit as Human Revolution. I doubt they intended to finish the story as DLC, that whole "Deus Ex Universe" shit seemed to imply they would do multiple episodic type games to begin with (an absolutely shit idea)
>>
>>383654168
at least Hitman is free of SE now I guess
>>
Honestly thank god, maybe in a decade they'll reboot real deus ex again, this was just a cheap modern dumbed down stealth game through and through. Still better than human revolution.
>>
File: 3522363643643.jpg (277KB, 1082x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3522363643643.jpg
277KB, 1082x1600px
>>383653043

ughh anybody sick and tired of this capeshit nonsense? I don't even find Wonder Woman , Guardians and Deadpool movies practically good at all, its just the same shit hackneyed all over and over again. The only good superhero movie is probably Dark Knight
>>
>>383655094
I hope the capeshit games they're making tank. Maybe then they'll put EM back on Deus Ex. Or sell EM and Deus Ex. Win-win, probably.
>>
>>383652842
>deus ex gets released
>game is way too redpilled
>the jews at eidos make their life goal to destroy the franchise
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.