[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is no Zelda timeline. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Fuck Off Timeline Fags.jpg (170KB, 675x716px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Off Timeline Fags.jpg
170KB, 675x716px
There is no Zelda timeline.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>383642943
There is none actually. Hyrule Historia goes to some length discrediting it's own timeline by saying It's soley the work of that one woman in charge of it or whatever and that it's her opinion. The fucking book actually says It's the opinion of a woman. How much weight do you put on that?
>>
Making a Zelda timeline is like making a Dark Souls timeline. Sure, you can technically piece one together, but there's so much nonsensical rule-breaking bullshit that it doesn't really mean anything.
>>
But that is the correct answer.

It's your basic monomyth shit

Each game should be played as a standalone piece of art, except for the explicit sequels

(Ocarina / Majora) (OoS / OoA)
>>
What plot holes exactly are created by the official timeline?
>>
You are correct. Lore fags are the fucking worst.
>waaaahhh
>BOTW has Zoras AND Ritos!
>they ruined everything!
>>
>>383642943
There is one, it was created recently to appease timelinefags.
You used to be right, but nowadays you're wrong.
>>
File: Zelda Timeline.jpg (158KB, 720x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Timeline.jpg
158KB, 720x1054px
>>383642943
>this
>official
There is no official timeline you dumbfucks. This is literally fan made.
>>
>>383643598
The fucking copout "hero dies" timeline that they haphazardly tacked onto Ocarina Of Time. If "hero dies" is an option, then every single game in the franchise should have a split ending. The possibilities are endless.
>>
There are obviously games that take place before/after other games, but there is no single timeline that connects ALL of them.
>Adventure Of Link is a direct sequel to The Hyrule Fantasy
>Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina Of Time
>Wind Waker is also some kind of sequel to Ocarina Of Time, but takes place in the distant future
>Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are direct sequels to Wind Waker
>The Minish Cap is a prequel to the Four Swords games
>Skyward Sword is the earliest
>Breath Of The Wild is the last
That's it. Outside of that, there is no timeline.
>>
People who say there is no timeline at all are several times more retarded than the autists who spend days trying to figure out each placement, since as >>383644141
points out, the majority of the games do connect to each other with clear proof in game.
>>
>>383643412
...The fuck are you on about? Can you not count to three? If you can than you have the Dark Souls "time line" figured out.
>>
Games share a timeline only when the goddesses look the same

If the goddesses look different then it's a completely different universe
>>
I always thought that there was no timeline, and that every game was just a remake of the first, unless otherwise stated (Like Majoras Mask).
>>
>>383642943
You're doing the meme wrong. The smartest choice isn't actually supposed to be the smartest choice.
>>
>>383642943
There are direct references to OOT in BOTW
>>
>no timeline
>Zelda 2 is DIRECTLY after Zelda 1
>Link's Awakening is DIRECTLY after ALTTP
>MM is DIRECTLY after MM
>WW directly references OoT
>TP directly references OoT
>BoTW references every Zelda game

>Durr, there is no timeline
Oh fuck off
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.