[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to boot up this shiesty lil piece. How do I play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Last Remnant.jpg (77KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
Last Remnant.jpg
77KB, 640x914px
About to boot up this shiesty lil piece. How do I play?
>>
Be yourself!
>>
With your fingers usually, but I'm not gonna tell you what to do. I'm not your mommy.
>>
>>383640631
>>383640652
i fucking hate this board
>>
grinding is fine, just make sure to do it efficiently by chaining as much enemies as possible or fighting really hard enemies.
there's no point in using the free fodder characters in your unions, fill your unions with guild members and uniques.
Remember to keep multiple saves so you don't get fucked during the 3-bosses in a row section at the aqueducts.
>>
>>383640730
The fuck kind of response did you expect with a stupid question like that?
>>
>>383640765
What escapes me is how power progression works. Are some characters better at certain roles than others? I know the frog should heal, right? What about MC? Formations?
>>
chain encounters as much as possible
other than that it's not a hard game just play faggot
>>
>>383640548
Don't over-level, use strategy.
>>
>>383640548
What is shiesty? WHAT IS IT?
TELL ME!
WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAAAN?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love you.But actually, the game is pretty good. DO NOT GRIND. It makes your Game harder up to the point it's unbeatable when early.
>>
>>383640817
I was hoping someone would tell me about the mechanics of the game, or some tips. How to play.
>>
>>383640960
Keep your fucking voice down.
>>
>>383640881
>I love you.But actually, the game is pretty good. DO NOT GRIND. It makes your Game harder up to the point it's unbeatable when early.

>>383640765
Should I be able to take on most rare monsters as I find them, progression-wise?
>>
>>383640963
>I was hoping someone would tell me about the mechanics of the game
Read the wiki.

>How to play
Read the manual.

>some tips
*tips fedora*
>>
>>383640963
The wiki will get you farther than 4chan will. Most of the mechanics are hidden. You can still beat the game even if you make a shitload of mistakes. People bitch about it because they want CERTAIN characters to have CERTAIN abilities but didn't know how to make that happen before it was too late. They completely ignore the fact that you can make a roster out of literal who generic nobodies and customize them to be just as powerful.
>>
>>383640548
Get Baulson, keep Baulson. Only look at the UI, what happens on the screen means nothing. Have Jap voices.

And yes really, look at a walkthrough. This is one of "those" Jap games. At least what level range you need to be.
>>
File: 1359178276621.jpg (2MB, 990x3130px) Image search: [Google]
1359178276621.jpg
2MB, 990x3130px
Every thread
>>
>>383640963
Live and die by the wiki.

Also the no grinding meme should stop if we're talking about the PC version.
>>
>>383641290
Did they change it on the PC Version?
>>
Emmy>Emma
>>
>>383641239
Again, that doesn't really apply to the PC version.

>>383641365
PC version is way better. Check the wiki for all the changes if you are really interested.
>>
File: YZXKEY199.jpg (108KB, 1200x764px) Image search: [Google]
YZXKEY199.jpg
108KB, 1200x764px
>>383641413
>>
Hannah and Hinnah are best girls.
>>
>>383641290
>>383641446
The bug that everyone is so terrified of was from the original XBOX version of the game, only on that platform, and only at launch. It has since been fixed so nobody who plays it ever experiences it. People think it still exists because they're terrible at the game and just spam the same shit during battle without thinking.
>>
>>383640548

Don't grind.
>>
>>383640548
>How do I play?
Man creates his own SaGa
>>
Your characters get better at what they do, basically. If you have a formation of guys who just throw magic, they'll develop their magic abilities, and the same for physical attacks. The difference is that not every character can become good at every kind of magic, what they will be able to unlock is already predetermined (hidden by the game). There is also "item arts", it's a skill you use to use consumables, your troops will learn new ways to use herbs by healing their squad. It's good to try and use units that can use this until they learn to use the "resurrect" herb because I think the resurrect magic is quite far into the game.
If you use a lot of normal attacks, your non-MC units will get stronger weapons.

You can only equip the main character, rush with equipment. Depending on what weapons you give him and what style (swords for example, can be used 1-handed with an empty offhand, two handed, dualwielded or sword&board) you will learn new attacks.

Formations are pretty meh, you find them spread out throughout the game in chests, by npcs, by finishing sidequest etc. Just choose an appropriate one that gives you good defense/offense in the beginning. Later on in the lategame you can learn some formations that give significant bonuses.

To make your doods become stronger, you need to fight strong enemies, relative to your level. The stronger the enemies are that you defeat, the higher chance your units gain points in stats. Unfortunately you also level up your army level (battle rank) by defeating enemies. There are various guides out there, but basically it's good to either fight strong enemies, or lots of small ones by chaining them.

When you're able, it's good to sort and focus each of your formations into doing something specific, like one group that focuses on weapon arts, another on mystic etc. because you order entire unions with one command. This way all units in that group will gain exp. with the right attack/skill and damage more
>>
How do I upgrade my party member's weapons?
>>
>>383641845
they will ask for shit, if something they need comes up after a battle they'll automatically claim it, althought you can over rider their decision. once they got all the shit they need they'll automatically upgrade, but I think theres also a patch/mod out there for the PC version that lets you manually equip and upgrade their weapons.
>>
>>383640548
Tbh the game is a lot easier on PC. No need for as much grinding. I got it after this place hyped it up as hard as shit, but it was only moderately difficult since you don't have to use the scrubs on PC. Still great, solid 8/10. Just make sure you put remnant holders as squad leaders.
>>
>>383641365
>>383641446
>>383641601
So you people don't know that bosses actually turn harder if you're over a certain level / you do jackshit damage if you're underlevel. This is not different on any version.
>>
>>383642021
Yeah. Enemies scale. To a point. There's literally no reason to avoid grinding. Eventually your team surpasses everything; especially if you know how to synergize your teams.
>>
>>383640548
just use cheat engine to lower your BR so you don't have to grind so much
>>
>>383642201
So it's like scaling in Final Fantasy 8? I was warned about grinding but played through it like I did with the other games and didn't notice a difference
>>
File: 1476741189492.jpg (97KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476741189492.jpg
97KB, 577x1024px
>>383643314
>just be a fag and ruin the game

What is wrong with you.
>>
>>383644551
>being jelly of me mining with mr. digg at 5x the game speed

it's ok, just admit it
>>
>>383640548
use specialized squads, like your melee guys, magic guys, cleric team etc so they can reliably do what you need them to

if you use any specialized ranged ones remember you can have them disengage without being punished by having someone else charge whoever is aggro on the ranged squad
>>
>>383641446
>Again, that doesn't really apply to the PC version.

?
>>
File: Terminated.jpg (93KB, 335x301px) Image search: [Google]
Terminated.jpg
93KB, 335x301px
>>383640548
>How do I play?
You git gud
>>
File: IMG_7760.gif (3MB, 370x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7760.gif
3MB, 370x207px
>>383646475
Google
>>
>>383640960
>DO NOT GRIND. It makes your Game harder up to the point it's unbeatable when early.

when will this meme stop? nobody plays this shit on xbox and if they do they can update the game
>>
>>383640963
the underage generation raised on e-celeb lets players everyone! won't dare play a game without first getting someone to hold their hand.
>>
> Want to do all female-party run
> Not enough special females, only generic sluts
> Females have shit stats
> Bosses are like HP checks and getting through them is a pain in the ass

Feels bad man
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.