[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black sheep which sucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: sucked.jpg (33KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
sucked.jpg
33KB, 350x399px
games in a franchise which sucked compared to or in general
>>
desu I don't think fallout 4 sucked, but it definitely wasn't a fallout game and could've been better. The gunplay is nice but you have to install like 4 mods to deal with the shitty dialogue wheel

that and the fact that stats like charisma and luck are basically fucking useless unlike in f:nv
>>
>>383640957
this game would get a lot less backlash if they had just titled it some spin off type title. Calling it fallout 4 is why people feel the need to shit on it so heavily imo. It's a pretty fun shooter though.
>>
>>383640361
I am still to this day amazed that Fallout 4 managed to create an even more bland atmosphere and story than Fallout 3
>>
basically what he said, the only legit improvement was gunplay

the worst part is that the essentials were there for a great game, but it just smacked of pure laziness everywhere you looked

like there was no animation for holstering your fucking weapon, it just disappeared out of thin air when you put it away

they had that shit way back in fallout 3, don't tell me that was hard to do
>>
>>383641047
It actually really is disappointing how much potential f4 had. The graphics and the gunplay are absolutely sick compared to the other games for me but the story and dialogue is just so bland and "who gives a fuck" to enjoy

>>383641307
that's why I'm glad that it's pretty easy to mod, I'm pretty sure there's a mod that lets you see holstered weapons. but it's definitely super lazy of bethesda to rely on mods to make the game bearable
>>
>>383641506
actually the graphics were pretty shit AND horribly optimized, especially for a AAA game
>>
File: Dead_rising_4_cover_art.jpg (53KB, 275x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_rising_4_cover_art.jpg
53KB, 275x350px
>>383640361
This fucking piece of crap.
>>
File: persona.png (495KB, 503x600px) Image search: [Google]
persona.png
495KB, 503x600px
>>
>>383640361
I'm not gonna sit here an shit on it but I'm a little disappointed with the story telling. If they decided to make a perfect game, it would be the storyline on par with fallout 1 and 2, the shooting improvements of 4, and the skill system of 3 and NV with some improvements but not a complete revamp of the system. I liked building my character.

and stop with the whole. GOTTA FIND MUH DAD/SON story arch. If you DO go with the finding a family member idea again, at least build it up so I like them. Dad in 3 is killed off too son and in fallout 4 the only reason we looked for our son was just for virtue of him being our son in the first place. I understand the turmoil I would be in if I lost my kid but it doesn't translate into a game very well.
>>
>>383642079
>Frank goes from wise cracking straight man to some meme spouting heathen.
Why?! He was my favorite.
>>
>>383642325
Canadians.
>>
Islam
>>
The gameplay was the only fun part and the settlement building and crafting was cool but got boring quickly.
Everything else sucked
>>
>>383641923
Well for 2017 and a triple-a title the graphics arent up to standard but compared to f:nv it feels like a breath of fresh air. granted vegas was made 7 years ago
>>
File: 1485464431683.png (559KB, 616x464px) Image search: [Google]
1485464431683.png
559KB, 616x464px
>tfw modded fallout 4 is fucking great but mod authors are dropping projects at an increasing rate

too bad the creation kit is a mess an the community is starving for content because of it
>>
>>383642704
yeah, ill grant you that

also, another one of those warning signs that virtually no effort went into the game:

>make a big deal of settlement system
>fences dont snap together
>walls and fences don't align to uneven ground

literally what the fuck bethesda
>>
>>383642079
FUCKING LEAFS
>>
>>383642785
>Meanwhile sex mods are a bommin'
I can't complain too much.
>>
>>383643014
Where? I went skimming for sex mods half a year after I gave up on Fallout 4. I could not find any on nexus.
>>
>>383640957
It may not have sucked, but considering the game if it was called "post apocalyptic adventure" I would still consider it an average game. It would be upgraded to good if the just called it what it was, an action adventure game and didn't give you fake choices.

As for a fallout game, its more like a shifty version of a fallout game set in its universe.
>>
>>383642940
Yeah, Todd howard says it "just works" but it doesn't allow for as much creativity as it should've.

Not to mention annoying as hell
Just this morning I tried to make a 4 story building using the elevator from whatever fucking dlc it comes from, there is a big fucking space between floors like holy shit, its best to just go back a step in technology and use stairs.
Also, why can't shit snap at a 360 degree angle instead of the 90 degree? Its really fucking annoying
>>
>>383643202
Lovers Lab, I think its called 4Play now.

Really janky when it first game out but its really picking up.
>>
>>383641047
Bethesda wanted to do something different and like the idea of the 50's post apocalyptic world with vaults and other ideas from the universe and hey the franchise is for sale why not?

It would have been better if they had their own ideas but you know, fallout already had a good lot of them. It should have just been call a different name using the same ideas/world of fallout as an action adventure game (you know like fallout 4 is no matter what dumbass is calling it an rpg)
>>
>>383643014
yeah lovers lab is making magic, but I can never get npcs to align right, even in a bed
>>
>>383641506
>The graphics and the gunplay are absolutely sick
I think FO4 is just flat-out ugly. Opinions, I know, but everything looks boring and dirty. Bethesda has no artistic talent at all, in fact.

I think there's fun to be had in post-apoc videogame worlds, but there still needs to be something inspiring (or, beautiful) in the appearance even then. FO4 is just depressing.
>>
>>383644130
I'm talking in comparison to the other fallout games. f4 is in no way some artistic masterpiece of design but atleast the graphics look better than the stale yellow/brown vibe of new vegas.
>>
File: 6877341513_c7ce75b852_b.jpg (309KB, 1024x404px) Image search: [Google]
6877341513_c7ce75b852_b.jpg
309KB, 1024x404px
>>383644130
>Bethesda has no artistic talent at all, in fact.
Their only guy with artistic talent fucking died.
>>
>>383640361
Everything beyond Mario on SNES.
>>
>>383642079
>no actual psychopath boss fights
WHYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: fallout020.jpg (717KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fallout020.jpg
717KB, 1600x1200px
>>383644293
>Kirkbride got fired because he was too fucking drunk and violent
>Adam straight up died
PHIL AND TODD DEMAND ANOTHER SACRIFICE
>>
>>383644258
Sorry, I realised that you were comparing them only after I posted. I'm retarded. I do agree with you on that.

But god damn I think F4 must be one of the ugliest games out there, even against the whole history of games.
>>
>>383644553
guess I gotta agree to disagree but I've been too hard on graphics. even simple ones can be beautiful to me, ie Lisa
>>
>>383644720
>Lisa
Love that game
>>
>>383644720
I love simple graphics myself. It's a weird example, but I was playing Megaman Legends games the other day, and I feel like they held up so well with their flat, simplified texture style. Fallout 4 is a complex abortion, relative to those games.

With Fallout 4, I feel like it's one big surface of blah/ugly, one that doesn't even leave a hope of something beautiful/human. Just to kind of make my point, imagine if at least the skies in the game were really profound and beautiful, with stars and clouds and colours, whatever. That alone would make the game feel so much better (for me, at least), and it would stick out precisely because everything else looks so damn fruitless and sad.
>>
File: 1446672003239.png (31KB, 700x840px) Image search: [Google]
1446672003239.png
31KB, 700x840px
>>383644902
mmhm, one of my favorites

>>383645386
well atleast we got mods for it
>>
>>383642196
This thread's called "Black Sheeps that sucked" not "Same game again but better"
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.