[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right with HR? What went wrong with MD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: deus-ex-human-revolution[1].jpg (260KB, 840x360px) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-human-revolution[1].jpg
260KB, 840x360px
What went right with HR?
What went wrong with MD?
>>
File: 14996466360600-b.jpg (83KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
14996466360600-b.jpg
83KB, 600x450px
HR was the only good modern game in the genre at the time. MD is ok, it should be DLC for HR
>>
>>383639257
Squeenix used to treat their Western devs like gods. They gave the HR devs 5 fucking years to work on the game, so while it wasn't a classic, it's a really polished quality game.

With MD, the devs had the option of releasing 50% of a good game or a 100% of a shitty one. I think they made the right choice, but they'll never get to make that other 50%.
>>
Character design and interaction: Faridah, Sarif, and Frank Pritchard were infinitely more interesting than the random black pilot, and the oh-so-hip black woman who substituted swearing for any semblance of personality.

Environment interaction: In HR, he's globe-trotting, hot-shot spy boy visiting cyberpunk mega-cities. By MD, Jensen was reduced to running around a ghetto, saving bi-polar people from run-ins with common police.

Gravity of issues: HR's climatic issue was the brain-hijacking of every augmented person on earth. MD's climatic issue was that a couple of politicians were about to be poisoned.

Boss fights: I don't think I even remember the MD boss fights.
>>
>>383640986
>Boss fights: I don't think I even remember the MD boss fights.
because there weren't any, even marchenko is 2 bullets + takedown = dead in 5 seconds
>>
>>383639257
>What went right with HR?

Never played MD but nothing went right with HR.
>>
File: 1499732697056.png (228KB, 692x402px) Image search: [Google]
1499732697056.png
228KB, 692x402px
>>383639257
>Original DX was an investigation into the nature of American society, juxtaposing hard questions with (((official version)))
>a decade passes
>Canadian studio makes a game where uh, there's an Icarus reference because video games are art didn't you know? And there's a big city and look at this it's like my Japanese Animes and uh augmented people are oppressed. Now look at this cult of people putting usb cables on their heads! Wicked!

Makes the true game even more right. Deus Ex cannot be made today.
>>
>>383641270
yeah, such a shame, I liked HR but it never felt like a Deus Ex game, I just consider it a normal cyberpunk game
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.