[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm the best JRPG of all time! Ask me anything!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: dq8.jpg (537KB, 1500x1372px) Image search: [Google]
dq8.jpg
537KB, 1500x1372px
Hi, I'm the best JRPG of all time! Ask me anything!
>>
No handheld game is the best anything of anything.
>>
What's the difference between this and the ps2 version? I've beaten the ps2 version a few times but I'm getting the desire to play again. Might buy a 3ds for this.
>>
>>383635196
+ 1 1/2 Bonus dungeons, 2 new characters, Jessica ending
- Big graphics downgrade, shit soundtrack, censored Jessicas costumes

Also there's no random encounters anymore

I always recommend playing the PS2 version for the first playthrough, and then when you get the itch again later play the 3ds version for the extra stuff
>>
>>383635196
shittier graphics and censored costumes/midi music(both of these can be fixed though if you have homebrew/cfw) in exchange for:

>Alchemy Pot not being retarded anymore
>two new post game dungeons
>can make battles go fast
>new story scenes
>new ending
>red and morrie playable
>new monsters, new arena content, new items
>no more annoying random encounters
>can "uncensor" the game even though the reason costume changes happened was because ratings got stricter in japan
>can add orchestra soundtrack back
>plenty of QoL changes
>>
>>383635789
i got this on 3ds but i aint even played it yet
>>
>>383635789
The costumes and music can be fixed if you have a hacked 3DS, I believe
>>
>>383635868
Its fun and will last you a good while too. If your 3DS is hacked you can added back Jessicas costumes and orchestra music. I'm 25 hours in (Just got to Dark Ruins )and apparently I'm not even close to done
>>
>>383635887
Music, yes.
Costumes, no.
They are censored in the Japanese version as well
>>
>>383635862
The cost is still to high, the visual identity of the game is fucking gone, imean you can't release a port/remaster that's worse looking than the original
>>
i'm up to getting the king not depressed anymore. I feel like its settling into a pattern does it get better because i'm about to drop
>>
>>383634319
Why don't you have a job system?
>>
>>383636031
i will play it, but i dont think it is better than 9
>>
>>383636065
Its not THAT bad
>>
File: compare.png (480KB, 390x497px) Image search: [Google]
compare.png
480KB, 390x497px
>>383636438
wrong image I use that one for shitposting
>>
>>383636529
im going to make a real screenshot of this.
its greatly understated how bad the 3ds release looks, but it would be unfair to not put it in citra for a real comparison.
>>
>tfw people are actually whining about graphics in DQ
This game ever going to the west was a mistake.
>>
>>383637524
if you put tge 3ds on citra put the ps2 one on pcsx2 then
>>
>>383634319
that's not nocturne
>>
how can this game be good when DQ7 was a flaming turd? i'm at 4 guardian spirits and too far in to quit but it was pretty shit
>>
>>383638441
>how can this game be good when DQ7 was a flaming turd?
7 was the culmination of a shitton of different random game mechanics and trends from previous games made into a 120 hour long monster
8 was almost like a reboot. they removed a lot of stuff that made 7 feel bloated and took it almost back to basics in terms of gameplay while nailing the art style, music, and world design
>>
>>383638441
7 is just such a strange game to me

Overall I liked it more than I disliked it, but from start to finish it just felt off in so many ways
>>
>>383634319
>DQ: casualized edition
When a already casual series is further casualized something went wrong. At least put a respectable DQ like DQV.
>>
>>383638441
>>383638779
>>383638959
t. Shitters

VII is the best game in the series. I say this as someone who only played the ps1 version three years ago and the 3ds remake at release.
>>
File: dq8 citra.png (3MB, 1597x959px) Image search: [Google]
dq8 citra.png
3MB, 1597x959px
doesn't seem like it changes res correctly in citra?
i can pump it up but it doesn't seem better than this
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.