[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why fighting games die so fast.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: giphy.gif (466KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
466KB, 460x259px
Why are combos in fighting games just cheatcodes you put in to increase the damage of a single hit while your opponent can do nothing but watch?
And even after your oppenent is done doing his 15 perfectly timed inputs, if you stand up and don´t do one of 2 - 3 viable moves that can actually get you out of this situation, in this matchup, he can start all over again. Same thing if he can read it which issen´t really hard since you only have limited options after finnaly hitting the ground.

I understand that for a veteran player this is just part of the game. Two good players will have a good fight anyway. becouse they know the ins and outs of both characters in play.

But new players have to either practice repeating long ass strings over and over again with perfect timing so they can do impactful damage or try to just improve as they play and basicly get their controller slapped out of their hands everytime they get hit.

I enjoy fighting games but i can see why they always have dead online.
>>
File: smug ai.jpg (78KB, 669x696px) Image search: [Google]
smug ai.jpg
78KB, 669x696px
Fighting games die because they release them literally every year or every other year.
Plus, they make no attempt to be accessible to people new to the fighting genre.
You're expected to know 20+ years of fighting game terminology, it's context, and how it fits into modern games so you don't ask stupid questions.
And if you do ask stupid questions, you get shunned.
It also doesn't help that every time an accessible, easy to learn fighting game comes out, like smash, it gets shunned by fighting games elitists because it doesn't have ALL OF THE CRUFT of other fighting games where you get nowhere without memorizing character and GAME specific combos.
>>
>>383632091
So you're complaining that people who are better than you are beating you and that you have to practice in order to be good?
>>
>>383632372
Not at all.
I´m actually having a good time with Tekken 7 and injustice 2.
But thats mostly becouse i´ve been playing fighting games for some years now.
>>
File: 1496068068868.png (215KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
1496068068868.png
215KB, 398x370px
>>383632360
You either play fighting games hardcore and basicly turn them into a second job or you don´t play them at all. Becouse no matter what you do, if you don´t know your shit perfectly you end up as a sandbag for tryhards.
>>
>>383632360
First, stop shitposting with Kizuna faggot.
Second,
>Fighting games die because they release them literally every year or every other year.
That's literally every genre.
>Plus, they make no attempt to be accessible to people new to the fighting genre.
You systemically can't make that game more than it already does.
>Guilty Gear and Virtua Fighter had matchup practice, counter practice, option select practice, pressure practice, with a fun and exciting mechanic tutorial.
>Smash only has directionals
>HURR DURR, MAKE IT EASIER
And so you get shit like SFV and RIsing Thunder where it just turns everything really boring, and exposes you morons for having bad fundamentals anyway.
>>
ITT: OP complains that he can't just style on people without any practice.

Perhaps SFV is up his alley.
>>
>>383633507
All those repetitive inputs are not healthy for you! Just look what you did! You shitpostet on Reflex!
Not everybody that wants to discuss videogames sucks at them by default you mongoloid.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.