[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paladins vs. Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

Bit of an old meme, but do people still think Paladins is a straight copy of overwatch?
>>
Pip is cute.
>>
Played Paladins for about 8 hours after playing Overwatch for 300

>Tutorial teaches you how to play properly unlike OW
>Competitive is locked until you play at least 12 characters and get them to mastery level 4
>lets you choose what kind of game mode you want to play when you queue up, so you aren't stuck playing KOTH maps if you don't want to play those
>items help prevent hard counters
>customize how you want to play with ability cards
>a fucking Gundam RX-78 skin

Only thing I don't like about Paladins is the FUCKHUGE hitbox and the fact that the playerbase is even more retarded than Overwatch. Doesn't matter what gamemode you play, everyone plays team deathmatch.

Not a Blizzard fanboy either btw. Overwatch was my first Blizzard game and its sad to see that Paladins not only has more content, but has simple things that Blizzard should have already implemented.
>>
File: 1498378019696.png (89KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
1498378019696.png
89KB, 600x606px
>>383630397
>>
>>383630691
Drogoz is cuter
>>
File: 1498664598040.jpg (54KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498664598040.jpg
54KB, 576x1024px
Anybody want to play paladins with me... add me on xbox one. Tag is boozer91
>>
>>383632128
>Doesn't matter what gamemode you play, everyone plays team deathmatch.

I completely agree with this point, but I only really see that type of stuff in casuals. I mainly queue for ranked in mid-diamond, so I don't really have that problem. But I can see how annoying that can be in a team based game.
>>
>>383633336

almost had a nice post number dude
>>
Paladins is actually better than overwatch
>>
File: ghruks life.png (193KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ghruks life.png
193KB, 600x800px
Played it for a while, it was fun. Then they decided to gut characters and make their innate abilities legendary cards and I got out as fast as I could.
>>
>>383630397
ability cards make the game pretty shit. you never know what to expect from another player. it's an entirely new way to worry about your team being retarded and the enemy team being overpowered
>>
>>383633898
>you never know what to expect from another player

You can press tab to check people's loadouts at any point during the game, and once they select their card loadout and the match begins, they can't change it for the rest of the match. You get an exact idea of what sort of build they have from pressing a single button.
>>
>>383633898
Hit tab
>>
File: shit.png (472KB, 599x501px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
472KB, 599x501px
>>383632128
tfw stopped playing paladins during alpha/beta when the drago dude/bomb king came out. tfw tried it again months later and it's like a completely different game. reeeeeeeeee
>>
Paladins is a copy/paste of Overwatch.
>>
>>383634528
https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/

You just activated my trap card!
>>
>>383630397
Poor mans Overwatch. There's no denying his.
>>
>>383630691

if i had to pick a husbando i don't know if i could decide between my cute little love pup or letting fernando put his mexican babies in me
>>
File: 949503_1353655673705_389_273.jpg (21KB, 389x273px) Image search: [Google]
949503_1353655673705_389_273.jpg
21KB, 389x273px
>>383635043
>>
File: d5a.png (372KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
d5a.png
372KB, 600x480px
>>383634605
>>
File: 1547987758.png (351KB, 568x737px) Image search: [Google]
1547987758.png
351KB, 568x737px
Paladins has better sluts, that's all that really matters
>>
File: 1499229994233.jpg (50KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1499229994233.jpg
50KB, 800x587px
>but do people still think Paladins is a straight copy of overwatch?

I'm certain a lot of people do, and to be truthful, there are a few abilities which could be likened to, or almost identical to those in overwatch, but this happens to be one of those cases where it looks like a ripoff, but if you've actually played it you'll know that they're both two different games in the same genre.

People have this complex where it's inconceivable that someone would 'rip off' their favorite game Overwatch(tm), and how dare they do that to Blizzard?

The truth is, many of these mechanics and ideas are not wholly original in and of themselves. Many are lifted from other games, mobas, and are generally pretty generic ideas that have either been done before, or are very basic in the sense that someone thinking 'okay, whats an idea for an ability' will generally come up with a similar idea to the next person.

The greatest similarities which could throw people off however, are characters such as drogoz, makoa, viktor, and kinessa.

Drogoz is Pharah: He has a boost which launches him in the air, and his jetpack lets him hover around, using fuel while he shoots rockets. But he can also fire all of his rockets in rapid succession for reduced damage against players, but more damage against shields in an area bombardment. He can also utilize a shock rifle-esque combination for damage and knockback in a large area. Most of the similar characters to those in OW follow a similar trend.

Grover has area healing and a grappling hook, makoa has a hook to pull people, evie has a defensive ice block that prevents damage. Grappling hooks are not an original concept, I can think back to a James Bond game I played years ago which used them. Nor is the idea of healing or a defensive state that prevents damage (armor lock in halo reach).

This isn't even going into the drastic differences the game itself has, apart from the heroes and ability ideas, that >>383632128
already mentioned a bit.
>>
>>383632128

I like their main game mode better

It's koth until you cap the point, and then it turns into payload

for some reason it feels more fair than attack vs defense since you are only on defense if you lose the point
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.