[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he a good villain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: DefiantGarbage.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
DefiantGarbage.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
Is he a good villain?
>>
Legit wanted to kill that fucker, too bad I didn't give a shit about any of the other ones.
>>
Even /fit/ agrees he did N O T H I N G wrong.

>>>/fit/42106087
>>
Still slogging my way through the first dungeon, really struggling to care about the characters, story, or combat
The only thing keeping me going is that he's such a dick
>>
>>383628256

>Villain
>>
>>383628327
this
>>
>>383628654
I'm a weightlifter
at /fit/'s masquerade
Hiding both feels and height
All free for you to mock

I'm a weightlifter
What else should I be?
Please don't take away my board
My place to shitpost

/fit/ needs to do a full version of this.
>>
>>383628327
I kind of agree. A guy who abuses power, beats up his volleyball team, and rapes teenagers is hard to top.
>>
>>383628968
What else would you call a rapist in a video game?
>>
File: 1495952732988.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495952732988.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383628256
>power tripping
>abuses students
>gossipy bitch that gets students he dislikes kicked out
>acts like an upset child when Ann won't slob on his knob
>so petty and jealous of the track team he basically makes Ryuji an outcast and breaks his leg, destroying what little the poor fuck had going for him

He definitely was a piece of shit.
>>
How can he be a villain if he did nothing wrong? Anti-hero at most.
>>
>>383628327
None of the other villains are half as bad as Kamoshida. It's hard to justify stealing into their heart and mind breaking them.
>>
>>383630434
What about Madarame
>>
>>383629818
their gamertag
>>
>>383628256
The game peaked in the first act. That's sad.
>>
I enjoyed watching him break down and try to kill himself, so yeah, gonna say he is.
>>
On one hand, he did cross that line into over the top. Part of what makes these people so despicable is their ability to play themselves off as high and mighty and do these terrible things like nothing is wrong and that you can't really do anything about it. When he broke that and just started saying terrible things constantly and bluntly being evil to everyone, it crossed the line into schlock.

But compared to the other villains, he was the most down to earth one which made it interesting. Going into the art world was such a circumstantial thing and just such a weird crime specifically targeted at one person for the most part, the yakuza thing I kept waiting for some depth to his character but nope, he just wanted money. Even Futaba which I was hoping would be like Chidori, a mentally unstable person, mostly boiled down to spooky ghost voices more than diving into the anxiety and stress.
>>
He never even raped the girls, they absolutely weren't forced into anything they could have told him to fuck off at any time.

He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>383630992
Debatable. I really didn't care as much until he admitted to the fact that he let Yusuke's mom die on purpose and then nipped her painting so he could profit off it.
But then a good portion of Yusuke's co-op was about how Madarame was actually a legit decent human being at times and could genuinely care about people outside of all the shady shit.
If anything he's definitely one of the more fleshed-out enough villains that made me give a shit, maybe Akechi too. Mafia Manlet and Burger Boy sure as fuck didn't and Shido was just an asshat.
>>
Why didn't he go for the student council prez with a fat ass instead of Ann?
>>
>>383633578
Because Makoto was too pure for him. It would have felt to wrong to take advantage of her. Kamoshida only went for sluts who wanted it anyway.
>>
>>383630434
>Artist driving people to suicide by guilt tripping them and giving them no supplies
>Actual mobster willing to prostitute teenaged girls
>Space Dad who wants to marry his daughter off to Rapist Battler because he never got the toy he wanted as a kid
>Senator Armstrong

And all of them are untouchable. Pretty justified.
>>
>>383633578
>fucking the 99% conviction rate Prosecutor's little sister
Sae would wear Kamoshida's balls as a necklace if he ever did that, he's a disgusting rapist but he's not retarded. Same goes for Haru, her dad would sue everything Kamoshida owned if he tried to make a move on her.
>>
>>383631986
He wanted money because he'd been poor and he knew the levels of bullshit that came with being poor. Not exactly an award winning amount of depth and character, but hey.
>>
>>383633726
>Rapist Battler
He seemed like a simple honest sadist.
>>383633717
Makes sense.
>>
Pretty much the main reason people think highly of him as a villian is because he's actually pretty personal. He'd shit on you, Ann, and Ryuji.

Doesn't help that Sojiro was still breathing down your spine on how you're one strike away from going to juvie which PE dude would bring down.

The others were more like jobs and never got that personal. Even Shido being the guy who "ruined your life" didn't really give the same feeling as the distance was still there.

Compared to this guy where the school in the real world still felt like his castle, oppressive as shit.
>>
>>383633578
Because she's not foreign. He wanted a trophy wife, and that's why he went after the blonde chick.
>>
File: okumura.png (92KB, 350x352px) Image search: [Google]
okumura.png
92KB, 350x352px
This guy fucking sucks. He's barely a character, and has easily the worst dungeon.
>>
>>383633918
They really should have made Shido cross paths with you more. The game also should have had you recognize him from the start, but Morgana rejects any attempt to attack him first as Ryuuji suggests because it'd be too big a start for the Thieves. As it is, Shido is barely fucking in it and the catalyst for all of your problems feels more like a "oh hey, it's you" event.
>>
>>383634121
Yeah. It was just a weird coincidence to try to make the player more invested in taking him down but the execution was too weak. You could remove that from the game and it wouldn't really change anything.

They even tried the whole thing where both you and Groo had your lives ruined by the same guy but, again, it didn't really matter in the long run.

I do hope in the remake the obligatory Aeon arcana is for the woman you saved. Maybe she was the one who even asked Sojiro to help you out. Every rank she gives you stuff as an "anonymous benefactor" till maxed she reveals herself as she felt guilty. Would be better than how they just swept her under a rug until "we randomly found her for the trial".
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.