[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly fucking wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: scv.png (178KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
scv.png
178KB, 250x310px
What went so horribly fucking wrong?
>>
Lack of single player content
>>
they wanted to kill it for tekken
>>
They took out all the loveable characters and replaced them with literally whos. Aside from that you could feel the impending deadline in every aspect of this game. It didn't effect the core game at all, its an excellent fighting game, but it just doesn't feel like a full game.
>>
The new main character had 2 styles that were recycled from old characters, there were 2 characters claiming to be the best of the best and they didn't had their own style, it was like picking random... And the worst part?
>No Amy
>>
>>383628653
Or Cassandra. What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>383627516
Nothing you mong nigger

There was just a severe lack of single player
>>
>>383628802
That is inexcusable. Soul Calibur 2 was the fighting game for the friendless.
>>
File: 1279949121213.jpg (68KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1279949121213.jpg
68KB, 271x288px
>>383627634
This
Only one story and single player lasted at best 4 hours.
Only 4 new characters, all of them uninteresting and shitty.
In story mode the only returning characters were Tira and Siegfried.
Some characters were even cut out of Arcade mode.
No story in arcade mode
No weapons master or challenges mode

The rest was just online matches, which not only revealed how shitty you were against Koreans, but constantly crashed midfight, never found a match, or kicked you for bad connection.

So 4 hours of a shitty story, shitty characters, less characters, and the sole focus of the game being online battles, for $60.

These guys took the chad route when making it.
They made zero improvement from the last game, half-assed single player mode, and said who gives a fuck, we don't need to make a game, online mode IS the game.
Just like COD.

You should need friends to enjoy a game.
>>
nothing
>>
>>383627516
Bandai Namco had already marked the series for death before V even released.
>>
Prioritizing Tekken over actually finishing the game.
>>
>>383627516
The following:
>>383627634
>>383628484
>>383628653
>>383628763
And honestly, the missing styles limited what should have been the best character creator yet, and the modified styles for the most part were not as good as they were in previous games. I'm all for cutting out the fat, but some styles just weren't nearly as fun anymore. So you have a roster that feels limiting, filled with characters you don't care about, without endings in arcade to make you care about them. The only two characters covered in the story were awful, and made you wish Sophitia and Cassandra were back instead.

All of this stems from, if I recall, an 8 month dev time. Which is pathetic. Given more time to add characters (or at least styles), the game would have been much better. I love playing SC1 or 2 with buddies all night, switching characters. Something about the feel of SCV felt very limited and boring in comparison.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.