[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a shitty sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: b2.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
b2.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
Everything is repetitive and no boss is memorable.
The writing is not funny or good, It’s not even bad-Funny. It's like a bunch of man children wrote the story but instead of writing a story they made a bunch of memes and 'video game culture' references. It's uncomfortable.
Bunch of enemy bullet sponges where I just stand still and shoot.
Bunch of reused shit from the first game, feels more like a skin.
The missions feel like I'm walking on a straight path instead of exploring a world like in the first game.
>>
So you didn't play the mission where you listen to Torque's mother. How about the mission to shoot a guy in the face?
>>
>>383624576
The main missions where so boring that I stayed away from the side missions since I hated them even more. Now I'm level 25 as Axton on the last boss, can't beat him so I came here to complain.
>>
>>383624381
It lost its way, I suppose
The first game was just about looting and everything in the game revolved around that. Even the story was "you want to find a bunch of loot but some people get in your way". The story for the second game was bullshit and revolved around killing the most memorable character in the game.

They also fucked up the guns somehow. It felt like the first game had way more variations in guns than the second one.
>>
>>383624775
Definitely, I was just finding the same guns over and over again with different stats.
>>
File: 1298615311842.jpg (12KB, 247x231px) Image search: [Google]
1298615311842.jpg
12KB, 247x231px
>>383624771
>level 25
>on The Warrior
How do you fuck up this badly? Either go grind or play some of the low-level DLC to level.

TVHM is where the real game begins, anyway.
>>
>>383624381
This is one of my favorite games, but I suppose its because I played this before I played the first one.

I still love it though.
>>
>>383625054
I literally never grinded in the first game so I didn't expect that I had to in this one, I'm also level 27, just checked.
Grinding is not my thing. I should just stick to my autistic strategy games.
>>
is it really that bad?
i enjoyed BL1 and bought BL2 years ago but never played it, i want to do it now
>>
The best move for Borderlands would be to completely retcon every game after the first.
>>
>>383625674
Yes, and don't. I hate experiencing bad sequels.
Other than this game recently alien covenant left a really bad taste in my mouth and somewhat lessened my love for the first Alien movie.
>>
File: 1304060259501.jpg (67KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1304060259501.jpg
67KB, 282x341px
>>383625348
>level 27
>can't beat the Warrior
Alright pal here's what you do, pay attention. You need to do the easy as fuck side mission Uncle Teddy in Fyrstone to get the Lady Fist. It has a god damned 800% critical hit damage boost and just eats through both the Warrior (provided you actually target his weak spot) and the rock fuckers that spawn all around the arena.

Good luck.
>>
File: C2AAMCLVQAESU6Z.jpg (64KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
C2AAMCLVQAESU6Z.jpg
64KB, 720x715px
>>383624775
this. the tone for bl1 was nice. bl2 fucked up so much of the previous vault hunters' personalities.
>roland: critical, bitch to hey soldier
>brick: growling to yo slab
>lillith: silent to i just liquidated that guy and it was awesome
>mordecai: nothing like a challenging kill to hey i'm a drunk beaner who mourns over bloodwing

it was dumb that manufacturers in 2 couldn't make all weapon types.
>>
>>383626185
>>383624381

I regreted buying two copies and play with my gal. We loved the first but not the second. Defenitely not getting pre sequel or the cringefest telltale version.
>>
I managed to stomach it until the fucking Pridewing shit and that was just too much for me. Trying to be emotional and full of shitty memes at the same time was such a bad idea.
>>
I'd buy an HD remake of the first that incorporated all the DLC into the main story instead of just having them be travel destinations
>>
>>383624381
exponential scaling + ruining the weapon classes of BO1 + burch writing = unsalvageable
I hear BO3 is being written by the guy that did BO1. and exponential scaling is something already thrown out the window by presequel, so I hope they just take the time to make
>revolvers
>assault rifles
>snipers
>eridium
>shotguns
all actually fun to use again
>>
>>383624381
Wow. Even the battleborn threads are starting to show their age, but here we've got this guy going all the way back to 2012.
>>
File: 1494128824440.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1494128824440.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>383630097
Honestly i'll probably buy it anyway because it doesn't have anthony bitch.
But yeah having revolvers back would be great

>mfw getting a shotgun revolver
>>
>>383624381
I bought this game in the last sale. Played 20 mins and never touched it again. Should I refund it or does it get better?
>>
>>383631929
it doesn't get better
>>
>>383631929
I had the same problem. I uninstalled it 3 times.

Now I have 900h of play, lol ..
>>
File: lol.png (35KB, 276x121px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
35KB, 276x121px
>>383631929
>>
File: 1442544687188.jpg (29KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442544687188.jpg
29KB, 600x800px
>Mikey Neumann is gone from Gearbox and won't be involved with the franchise any longer

What a shame, at least Burch won't be able to touch the franchise any more. Playing through the Pre-Sequel was painful at times because of how blatantly Burch put his personal beliefs into it.
>>
>>383632971
Do you think the third chapter will be worse than TPS?
>>
1 was great; FPS Diablo

It did everything it needed to adequately.

2 was as you say.
>>
>>383630278
>implying there are newer games worth playing
>>
File: Huxley was right.jpg (726KB, 1501x900px) Image search: [Google]
Huxley was right.jpg
726KB, 1501x900px
>>383633970
Every new game, Borderlands 2 included feels like a fucking task list simulator. It's horrendous. The only game that came out recently which I genuinely enjoyed was Bloodborne. Maybe I'm just growing out of it but I'll probably stop playing new games soon and just stick to civ 3 replaying a fromsoft game once a year. I'm just not enjoying myself, I'd have more fun walking and thinking about nothing than playing another shitty game with good reviews. Everything is so fucking empty.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.