[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this game hard for anyone else or was it just me? Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: latest[1].jpg (351KB, 1500x1372px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
351KB, 1500x1372px
Was this game hard for anyone else or was it just me? Should future FE titles take notes of this?
>>
it is arguably the hardest FE now. and yes and no. dragon vein was a mistake. maybe just the lord having it is okay but giving it to anyone else really fucks shit up. it only makes the better characters like camilla better and the worst characters even worse.
>>
>>383623976
Yes and yes, but they only should take notes on the gameplay. becaus the story was a massive wasted opportunity & wangstfest.
>>
>>383624620

I'd disagree on the Dragon Vein point. The worst characters in Conquest are still relatively useful/usable in the grand scheme especially when you compare to the worst characters games like Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade, New Mystery and Shadow Dragon.
>>
>>383626364
>The worst characters in Conquest are still relatively useful/usable in the grand scheme

I dare you to use Odin on Lunatic.

I dare you to use Odin on Lunatic in Revelations
>>
>>383626525
>I dare you to use Odin on Lunatic.

Reclass him into a Samurai.
>>
>>383626525
>>383626692

>Using rehashed characters

Using the Awakening Trio in Conquest just felt plain wrong. Their placement in the game was beyond whack, especially lorewise and I will smite down everyone who defends it.
>>
>>383627008
I just used Odin because Ophelia is cute.
>>
>>383626525
>using Odin at all
They really fucked him up by giving him low magic modifiers. Or I just got unlucky.
>>
File: Odin lived.jpg (189KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Odin lived.jpg
189KB, 400x240px
>>383626525
Did that, he was fine.
>>
>>383623976
It was hard as balls. I had to lower difficulty from hard around chapter 12, or my sanity wouldn't have made it. Did anyone beat it on hard or more without dlc maps/abusing skills from online?
>>
Fuck the sadistic twat who came up with the idea of ninja debuffs stacking on Lunatic.
>>
>>383629408
I did Hard for my very first run without using DLC or online stuff. While I did manage to finish it, I never want to play Conquest again. Too much bullshit, especially in the later chapters.
>>
>>383629780
Man atleast you got through. I kinda wish I stuck with hard but holy shit the later stages would've given me an aneurysm
>>
>>383626692
Sure, let me just burn my all important heart seal and pull his retarded ass out of e rank. All for a class that's not even good
At least say grandmaster. That makes him pretty competent
>>
>>383626525
>I dare you to use Odin on Lunatic.

I have, he's still more useable than the useless likes of Gwendolyn, Macellan, Tomas, Lyre, Dice, Sofia, Frost,etc.
>>
>>383623976
I think the series should take notes in terms of how it manages its difficulties, giving enemies specified skillsets and positions and stuff is much better than the other routes and Awakening merely bumping their stats all up and giving them extra skills at pure random. However I'm also not a fan of how hard it tried to...be hard. Archers who all have Counter are annoying. Foxes with Pass in a wide open space is just stupid.

Another major problem is that the gameplay feels too mechanical and not really organic enough. There's no sense of characterization and world in mission objectives and bonus stuff like older Fire Emblem games did. I understand this is a problem that started back in Awakening and the series just never seemed to recover from, but I want situations where there's more than just one thing to try and focus on and knowing to do those things is reliant on actually reading what characters say in the preceding scenes. The most it tends to do are put some houses around that say absolutely nothing and give you an item, or just have a recruitable character you talk to with Corrin and they aren't even out of the way in any regard. I want to see shit like having to bring a certain character to do a certain thing or trying to not kill a certain faction of enemy units or maybe even keep some rare weapon intact and bring it to a village in a later chapter. Just give more optional stuff to focus on in the chapters period and let the 100% run be the real challenge instead of forcing that challenge upon basic progress and not giving anything else to think about.

It feels like it did a small number of things really well but everything else took too much of a step backwards. (or I guess those things simply not advancing much at all considering it came off from Awakening)
>>
>>383629417
>Ryomas chapter
fuck inevitable end and fuck those 3 range lunge yumis on the left side
>>
>>383626525
>I dare you to use Odin on Lunatic in Revelations
>Revelations
>Hard
>Actually playing revelations outside of the first disappointing time
>>
>>383629780
I wouldnt even call it bullshit, just fucking tedious, the last chapter was the biggest chore and if you fucked up near the end of the final map guess what you gotta start that stupid shit all over again
>>
>>383626525
I've used Odin in Lunatic Conquest. He's better than Nyx, still contributes to efficient turn clears, and is more than viable as a unit.
>>
>>383626525
People have solo'd CQ with Odin using Nosferatu.

Balance in CQ is amazing compared to previous games. No unit is as bad as Rebecca/Wil in FE7, Gatrie/Shinon/Mist/every laguz in PoR, Meg/Lyre/Fiona in RD, etc.

>>383624620
DVs were an interesting addition that created good strategies
>>
Is it a good ideal to not reset when you lose characters on hard or lunatic?
Was thinking of doing it but I've never played on the upper difficulties
>>
>>383631770
>Gatrie in PoR
>Bad
But you are mostly right
>>
>>383632013
he's terrible in Por

he disappears for half the game then returns underleveled as shit

He's stuck in a garbage class in a game that has no need of tanks because enemies are weak as fuck
>>
Things I want to see in the next installment

More Risk/Reward gameplay like 776 had
Conquest oriented unit balance, outside of the royals.
Less annoying gimmick maps like revelation had
Return of a functional weapon durability system, making resources overall more valuable.
Enemies more balanced around comps and skills like conquest
No stupid time travel/outrealms/mysterious ghost world bullshit shoehorning kids in for no fucking reason
A completely new cast, no swept under the rug returning cameo characters
>>
>>383632189
I played Maniac mode in JP PoR and he was a godsend
>>
>>383632261
>Return of a functional weapon durability system
no weapon durability was a garbage mechanic. Going through everyone's inventories at the end of every battle was tedious as fuck

the single most important mechanic new FE games need is BEXP from tellius. There HAS to be some sort of reward for finishing maps quickly and to discourage turtling
>>
>>383631321
I'd probably give up on this chapter if my Corrin couldn't solo Ryoma.
My tankiest unit with a set of tonics, defensive meal and rallies couldn't take a single step into the right side corridor with spy shuriken ninjas without getting killed.
>>
>>383632568
Weapon Durability is important for resource management like with powerful staves and shit. Healers were such limp dicked fucking faggots in fates.
>>
>>383632667
Towards the end of the game you always end up just slapping killer/silver weapons on everyone and call it a day.
Fates is way more creative, though I think they overdid drawbacks for higher rank weapons.
>>
>>383632621
fucking seriously, how do I reasonably beat the right corridor on Hard?

I ragequit Conquest after FINALLY beating both corridors, going to attack Ryoma with corrin (who has 33% to hit, 7% to crit) who fucking crits me and OHKOs me
>>
>>383632261
>More Risk/Reward gameplay like 776 had
You realize 776 only has risk/reward gameplay because of how fucked the RNG in that game is, right?
>>
>>383632261
>Return of a functional weapon durability system, making resources overall more valuable.

I can't agree with that, its very common to see players not even go through the Jeigan's Silver Lance by the end of the game even though by that point you can freely buy them. In fact in FE7 you get so much resources you could fill the convoy up multiple times over with Silver weapons...and some players don't even go through that free one Marcus has. Additionally it makes using strong weapons a bad idea on weak characters. A Killer weapon is too good in the hands of a stronger character (since every 1 point of strength can be 3 more damage) to give to a weaker one. Furthermore its supposed to support waiting until the right time to use a weapon, but in your first playthrough it's impossible to tell what's coming ahead so the "right time" could pass without you even knowing.

In retrospective to call the durability system functional, is giving it too much credit.
>>
>>383632958
Id be fine with a better geared fate's system, but I really like the game where you have to manage the resources a bit more with durability. My main issue is the fates system makes shit like personal weapons few and far between, and there is no reason not to use those weapons, where as in the other games the personal weapons had a durability and you had to pick your battles with them.

If they could balance it well with the fates system though id gladly welcome that. I also was a big fan of the echoes weapon skills.
>>
>>383633095
That is why I said a functional durability system, I am aware of the flaws it has.

>>383633046
The RNG in that game was dogshit, but capturing should still keep some kind of risk.
>>
>>383632993
Use freeze staves to stop the spy niggers while you clear the corridor of MoAs. Then smash through the broken wall on the right, kill everything there, then draw everything else out
>>
>>383626525
Odin is fine in CQ even on Lunatic and this thread is not an Revelations.
>>
>>383629408
Beat it on lunatic classic without using any extras or online guides. completely vanilla, git gud
>>
>>383631785
You should only ironman FEs with large numbers of characters, ones with low stat caps, or games you have played. Conquest is none of these. NES/SNES Marth games are good candidates for blind ironman runs.
>>
File: contemplative_chiya.png (584KB, 608x720px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative_chiya.png
584KB, 608x720px
Which is the superior RNG system?

>1 dice (FE1-FE5)
>2 dice average (FE6-FE12)
>1 dice for hitrates <50, (3A+B)/4 for hitrates >50 (Fates)
>>
>>383632667
Fate's infinite durability did not extend to staves, so it was fine
>>
>>383632993
I think you can do some stupid shit with Shelter and Azura in that hallway to get out without getting hit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.