[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is 6th gen nostalgia acceptable but 7th isnt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: timemagazinexbox.jpg (46KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
timemagazinexbox.jpg
46KB, 400x527px
why is 6th gen nostalgia acceptable but 7th isnt?
>>
>>383623596
Because 7 is when things went to shit.
>>
>>383623596
because half of 7th gen was HD ports
>>
>>383623596
Oh shit this was when Chappele left too

He's a Sony fag though
>>
>>383623674

It went to shit way before that
>>
>>383623674
thats 6 (mass casual/cinematic/dlc garbage). 7 is only a continuation of that.
>>
>>383623596
Because the games were actually good

Go figure
>>
>>383623674
fpbp

7th gen is the pandora's box we'll never shut

> introducing paid online
> introducing paid "dlc" microtransactions
> super publishers getting bigger. game budgets ballooning
> holding stuff back for dlc
> paywallling selling point features like netflix for years
> forcing of dudebro gaming culture
>rise of streamer culture at end of cycle

worst generation and it's not even close
>>
>>383623920
My bad i thought that 7 was ps4/xone.
>>
>>383623920
>DLC garbage
>when games still had to be designed around the lack of an internet connection
>>
>>383623596
Because a growing portion of /v/'s userbase grew up with gamecube and ps2 which is why /v/ continues to get more shit by the day. Now you have people saying Super Mario Sunshine is good.
>>
>>383623596
It's funny really I booted up my Wii today and it felt so bizarre just looking at the title screen and realising it's been 10 years since the initial release. I didn't feel nostalgia I just felt I am playing something outdated. Good but outdated nonetheless.
>>
>>383624062
whats dudebro gaming culture?
>>
'cause it has other nostalgia tied around it. consoles were going online. internet wasn't total shit yet. entertainment news wasn't reporting on social media posts. internet wasn't serious business. no mobileposting
>>
>>383624062

The original xbox had a paid online service. And dlc. And dudebro culture.

It sounds like you're just mad at Halo 2, to be honest.
>>
>>383624276

people other than nerds and neckbeards playing videogames
>>
>>383625405
So a five year old playing a game is dudebro culture?
>>
>>383625405
More like:
Casuals who enable all the shitty jew practices by buying everything and falling for every single marketing campaign ever
A good example is no mans sky, obviously shitty based on any of the footage released, but it still got a lot of hype because casuals don't know shit about games and can't tell what they're looking at
>>
>>383625538

Toddlers love Madden and Call of Duty. Fact.
>>
>>383625538
kids aren't people
>>
>>383623596
because it's too recent

when some faggot numale with his beard and glasses gets all nostalgic over some sit from less than 8 years ago I rustle my jimmies
>>
>>383623596
Because it sucked and marked the beginning of the end.
>>
>>383623596
Because I was 11 when 6th Gen started and I'm still playing PS3 games.
>>
>>383624276
It's adolocents who get hyped for the newest shit. They're in fact just casuals that glorify simple mechanics and get easily excited when the yearly sequel includes something that should have been in the game to begin with rather than making an expansion with the new or updated content.
>>
The whole "you can't be nostalgiac for something that happened not that long ago" thing is a complete and utter fabrication, you can be nostalgiac for something that happened a week ago. If it's not now, it's in the past, everything qualifies.

Lets say you're captured by pirates or some shit and want to be back in your bed, that is nostalgia, even if you were in your bed last night.
>>
Who cares, I want to know what Dave Chappelle had to say.
>>
>>383623596
Because the 7th gen is like WW2.
The console boom in combination with gaming becoming mainstream and large scale communication with strangers leading to console wars defined the generation by how awful people behaved about their consoles.
>>
>>383628596
Console wars always existed.
>>
>>383624276

/v/ getting butthurt that the chads who bullied them are "taking" their games
>>
>>383624276
Style over substance, basically the entire AAA industry.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.