[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it still pirating if I own the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: logo-big.png (57KB, 424x187px) Image search: [Google]
logo-big.png
57KB, 424x187px
I just hate steam so much, I hate it. It's like a parasite that I have to enable everytime to play a single player game. So I use a repack of that game I already own and use that without steam being a resource hog in the background.

Am I the only one like this?
>>
>>383620863

Why is pirating even bad? Because the devs don't get paid. They get paid this way. Now please, be less stupid.
>>
>>383621070
I think the question completely went over your head but um... thanks retard.
>>
>>383621070

It's literally, unequivocally and irrefutably stealing.

>no officer I'm not stealing this ham, I'll come back later and pay for it if I like it
or in OPs case
>no officer I already payed for a ham I'm just taking this one as well because the ham I payed for had a crooked bone in it

Fucking grow up.
>>
>>383621243
Is /v/ full of retards?
>>
You buy a game, you're buying the rights to play it. That's all. Downloading games isn't illegal when you own the rights to play said game. The same with emulation etc, if you own the game and you dumped the bios for what ever console you're emulating it's entirely legal.
>>
>>383621320
Well, there you go. Thanks anon.
>>
>>383620863
Is steam that much of a resource hog? Anyway, if that's what you want to do, it's fine. The law won't agree, but meh. Personally, I figure if you own it you should just go through steam anyway, for whatever benefits you gain from it. Maybe try out gog and see if you can't get your games that way if the sense of ownership is that important to you. Also, don't use rgm.
>>
>>383620863
It is still illegal. Though obviously it's not morally wrong.
You could download it on steam then crack it, that would be fully legal I think.

>>383621320
You are only buying the rights to that one copy on that storefront though.

>if you own the game and you dumped the bios for what ever console you're emulating it's entirely legal.
Pretty sure it's not. It's only legal if you yourself made the ROM from one of your disks/cartridges.
>>
Oh no, not my 200MB of RAM and 1% of CPU usage. Who gives a fuck about moral questions, you either do it or you don't, Who knows what they write in terms of use/service, maybe something related to your question?
>>
>>383620863
Who cares, Bethesda are pieces of shit.
The less money they see the better.
>>
you don't own anything, your lease ended
>>
>>383621915
The law will definitely agree, there's even precedent for it with the dvdrip situation, I think
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.