[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't understand the plots to any of these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: download.png (439KB, 527x453px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
439KB, 527x453px
I didn't understand the plots to any of these games
>>
>>383616609
>be a total newfag to NieR/Drakengard series
>Decide to try Automata because 2Booty
>start playing the game
>notice that i miss some small easter eggs and lore depth from previous games
>decide to watch a summary video on YT as i don't own a console, i'm a poor PCfag
>actually understand even less now than before
>>
>>383616609
Did you play them or watch them like >>383617886 ?
>>
magic is fucked up, it's not about happiness and making dreams come true
>>
>>383617886
To fully enjoy Automata you should play Nier first.

There are references to the Drakengard series too, but playing original Nier should be obligatory.
>>
>>383618573
>the reference to The Cult of the Watchers meant literally nothing.

God damnit Taro.
Motherfucker changes and adds so much shit after the fact in interviews and bullshit screenplays nothing means anything anymore.
>>
>>383618573
I sort of feel like I would have preferred Automata had I not played NieR first. Not to say NieR made me have high expectations because I'm not too fond of it, but some of the cool things in Automata were already done in NieR, so I feel like it made a lot less impact because I had already seen it in NieR.
>>
>>383618891
I played both and I struggle to rank them. I think they're both great so I'll just call them equal. Definitely two of my favourite games
>>
2deep4u
>>
>>383619367
better gameplay --> nier automata
better characters --> nier
>>
>>383619367
I might say that about Automata, though I defintley wouldn't say it so soon after I played it, but not NieR, not that I dislike it, I just wasn't amazed by it either.
>>
File: 1499731964395.png (323KB, 432x490px) Image search: [Google]
1499731964395.png
323KB, 432x490px
>>383618891
>>383619367
Really? I thought NieR was much better than Automata, not to say that I'm not enjoying Automata, but when its comes to the things like the soundtrack, story, and characters, and bosses, I believe Nier is better in that regard. They are both fantastic games though,
>>
>>383617886
You should kill yourself, you horny underage third world shitskin.
>>
>>383619635
I just wasn't that attached to anyone in NieR. NieR himself was cool, Emil's great, even if a large part of it is just out of pity, I don't care too much for Kainé, Weiss is nice and so on, but I wasn't really hooked on any character and if one of them died are suffered or anything it didn't blow me away. I enjoyed the story and characters in Automata more, even if too much of it was in novels and such in my opinion. The music was arguably better in NieR, but they're both close enough together that I don't want to put one over the another.

I also wasn't at all bothered by playing by 9S and I had fun just playing the game all the way through, which I know was to the case for a lot of people.
>>
>>383619635
I think Automata has a better OST in the way that it is used in game. The dynamic OST is implemented so well. NieR has a better cast though hands down. Automata is a better game from a design standpoint but then again NieR has this strange charm that really makes it stand out. And now i'm confusing myself again
>>
File: 1464380560166.png (155KB, 1246x370px) Image search: [Google]
1464380560166.png
155KB, 1246x370px
Drakengard 1 was a wild ride
>>
File: 1481049080632.jpg (27KB, 350x468px) Image search: [Google]
1481049080632.jpg
27KB, 350x468px
>>383622259
Bless Taro
>>
>The same things that reviewers praised about the characters in Nier:A are the same things that reviewers bashed about the characters in Nier

It's amazing how quickly people's views on something change when you throw a big ass on the screen.
>>
>>383622259
>Never play the game
>Watch videos and read the wiki to find out if it's actually as fucked up as everyone says
>It's worse

It's revealed your sister has a hardcore incest fetish for the protag when the 6 year old reads her mind and when he rejects her, she kills herself. In one of the endings, your best friend who completely worships your sister puts her into this egg thing, she gets reborn as this weird ass harpy, kills him immediately with her giving disturbing faces the entire time. You then fight her, and after you barely kill her, it reveals there's hundreds more of her in her harpy form. World is fucked.
>>
File: zero accord.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zero accord.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>383616609
Congrats, you are an idiot then.
Theres nothing hard to understand about Drakengard plot.
If you were talking about Nier I would understand some confusion.
>>
>>383623601
Face facts

Nier 1 was ugly garbage NOBODY gave a fuck about.

Thank the Platinum overlords for making people actually take a look at the series and taro actually have a non flopped game for once.
>>
>>383623995
>Nier 1 was ugly garbage NOBODY gave a fuck about.

If nobody gave a fuck about it then there wouldn't have been a Nier: A since you casual faggots had no idea who Taro was.
>>
>>383623947
>was a whore
>gets fucked nightly
>gets embarrassed when tits are grabbed
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.