[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did so many people hate DMC so much? It just seemed like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: dmc-devil-may-cry-ps4-xbox-one.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dmc-devil-may-cry-ps4-xbox-one.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
Why did so many people hate DMC so much? It just seemed like any other Devil May Cry game to me as a casual player?
>>
>>383612638
>casual

there you go
>>
FUCK YOU
>>
>>383612660
Yeah I played DMC 1. 3 and 5 and the all seemed about the same except they made the guy have short dark hair.
>>
Because unlike the old games it was actually good and this infuriated the weebs because they made Dante an actual character instead of some dumbass anime shit.
>>
>to me as a casual player
try to eat shit
>>
>>383612926
B-but Dante had personality he was a bad ass and ate pizza
>>
>>383612926
it was all about shit gameplay in Dmc u double nigger compare to 3 or 4
>>
>>383612905
>easy as piss combos to pull off
>insanely edgy try hard pandering to 15 year olds mc
>shit soundtrack
>easy to SSS any mission
>Hell and Hell mode far too easy

It can't even compare to what DMC 3 was.
>>
>>383612926
Both new and old dante are the same teenage idea of "bad ass" guy, it's all just fun monster smashing with cool aesthetics.
>>
File: edgy.png (289KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
289KB, 288x499px
I don't dislike Donte redesign visually, but the writing in this game is beyond bad, it's like they literally hired 15yo edgy kids to write that shit.
>>
>>383612638
The problem is that you're a retard, and so you're unable to discern good from bad. Hope that clears things up.
>>
Red and blue enemies are awful because all the angel weapons were incredibly weak. You could slash away at someone for 20 seconds in order to deal the same amount of damage as a single drive or swing of the demon hammer.

And the pacing is really terrible. You get some kind of cool levels that feel like they're over in 15 minutes but then Virgil's tower seems like it's 2 hours long because everything about it is so tedious. What really doesn't help is that the boss fights are so absolutely atrocious compared to the hunter demon, the very first guy you see in the whole game. He's weak because he's the tutorial but he has a good assortment of visually impressive attacks that need to be dodged in different ways. But then the succubus, newsman, baby, and mundus just kind of sit in the middle of the room invincible between periods that they move their face close enough that you can damage them.
>>
File: 1347148416437.gif (3MB, 210x143px) Image search: [Google]
1347148416437.gif
3MB, 210x143px
>>383612638
gameplay got worse
characters got worse
everything got worse

a reboot was the worst idea
>>
>>383612638
DmC is not a bad action game. It actually seems like a very solid action game overall. But it's not DMC. It's not what the fans wanted, in any way shape or form. Not for the story, not for the gameplay. DmC should have been a brand new IP, or hell, call it a spin-off. It was an attempt to bring in new fans while cashing in on the brand recognition.
>>
>>383613291
It's just the same as the original games, you probably are misremembering them because you played them so long ago.
>>
>>383612968
this
>>
because DMC doesnt shine in casual play because you can be a complete retard and edge through the game just spamming stinger triliion stabs and helm breaker on normal

Besides the obvious flaws in gameplay like color coded enemies and that retarded dodge system donte himself angered alot of people ,myself included because Dante is my favorite video game character in my favorite series. To replace him and subsequently go "nah fag our new version is way better than that gay jap shit" is insulting
>>
>>383613532
>same as the original games

laughtomcruise.jpg
>>
>>383613532
>It's just the same as the original games
This is like saying Street Fighter 3 Third Strike is "just like" Street Fighter 5. You're just a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>383612926
This, only loser weebs who feel threatened by the more realistic representation of Dante get triggered at this game
>>
>>383613872
Didn't one of the games start with like a super hot chick crashing a motorcycle through dante's wall and he doesn't even care because he's a badass mother fucker? Seems like teenage power fantasy to me.
>>
>>383614196
did you know that the dmc series is actually a series of video games, not movies
>>
>>383613248
The writing of Devil May Cry was ALWAYS beyond shit.
At least DmC TRIED to make an engaging story.
>>
>>383612905
>Yeah I played DMC 1. 3 and 5
Tell me stories of the future, time traveler.
>>
>>383614550
Yes, how does that change the fact the series has always been dumb cringe that teenagers think is cool? It's just a good fun action game with a teenagers idea of "hardcore" aesthic, nothing wrong with that I have enjoyed 3 games in the series.

>>383614923
I said 5 you know I meant the reboot you spaz.
>>
>>383612638
Bait. Fucking casuals think every skill-based game is the same because you faggots can't git gud.
>>
>>383612926
>>383613957
LOL, faggots who play vidya gaems for story.
>>
>>383615002
DMC has always had the 80s/90s action cheese that is glorious and I and many others love
I could care less if you think its shit but the stories not counting 2 and DmC have all been fine and enjoyable
>>
IF they just didnt call it DMC it would have been praised for its action combat and world building.
>>
>>383615002
it's not a teenagers idea of "hardcore" it's just campy, it's not meant to be taken that seriously
but then you americans will take capeshit seriously
>>
File: fedora-anonymous.png (1002KB, 655x745px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-anonymous.png
1002KB, 655x745px
>Why yes I play action video games for the story
>>
>>383613096
>shit soundtrack
The only dmc this doesn't apply to is 1
>>
>>383612638
the ps3 and xbox ver had 30 fps which is basically aids for cuhrasy games
>>
File: 1496869184143.jpg (37KB, 380x376px) Image search: [Google]
1496869184143.jpg
37KB, 380x376px
DmC was casualized trash for faggots that to this date still don't know what a jump cancel even is and for people that love profane language and are so edgy they enjoy seeing pregnant women getting shot with sniper rifles.
>>
>>383614791
>The writing of Devil May Cry was ALWAYS beyond shit.
>what is a subtlety of DMC3
>>
I really liked this game alot. My only problem was it was too easy on the lower difficulties and its only a challenge on replay.

I went back and played Devil May Cry 1 and it was pretty awful it was like Resident Evil with respawning enemies and a weird jump.
>>
>>383615719
>I went back and played Devil May Cry 1 and it was pretty awful
You are awful. The only bad parts about it are inverted controls.
>>
>>383615590
>pregnant women getting shot with sniper rifles.
That scene is always taken out of context, Donte is really pissed off that Vergil did that.
>>
File: 565757457457.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
565757457457.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>383612926
FUCK YOU!!
>>
>>383615798
whoah slow down baby
>>
>>383615719
well to be fair it was a resident evil so wierd they renamed it originally
>>
>>383612638
Because it was complete and utter unplayable dogshit just like literally every Western action game ever made.

It will always be true and it will never not be true: Western developers are completely and utterly incapable of making a good action game. Only Japan knows how.
>>
>>383612638
Gameplay is a 100% downgrade in every single conceivable aspect aside from the platforming.

Story is awful and full of actual plot holes. For a studio hired specifically for their storytelling the story comes off as unfinished and nonsensical. compare with DMC3's straightforward but well told story.

There's actual fucking dubstep in the soundtrack which makes it the worst soundtrack in the series by default.

And the game had no reason to fucking exist. Why reboot the series when the last game in the series sold incredibly well, better than all the others?
>>
>>383614791
None of the games before now were as offensively bad as this one. 3 was good for what it was.
>>
>>383615002
> It's just a good fun action game with a teenagers idea of "hardcore" aesthic
This is how I know you never played any of these games, except for maybe the reboot.
>>
>>383616912
Not to mention the PR nightmare that this game was. Ninja Theory were exposed for the incompetent idiots they were. Capcom had to literally fly Itsuno and his team out to their studio to salvage whatever dogshit they could out of Ninja Theories actual game.

Everything about DmC was handled VERY poorly, from the game itself to the PR with the old Devil May Cry fanbase from Capcom. And all thanks to that dumb fucking hack Inafune, what a fucking moron.

>hire Western studio known for "their" story telling
>they actually hired other writers to write their stories for them, DmC was the first in-house written NT game

Fucking amazing.
>>
Because damage is what determined rank a d not combo variety. As well enemies were fucking colour coded between blue and red and couldn't be harmed by specific weaponry. It's like Tamtam went out of his way to gut any reason to use combos and weapons of your choice.
>>
>>383613532
I just go into the series by getting them on PC. I actually played the reboot first and I still think it's worse than most of the originals. They're definitely the same.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.