[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the single earliest precursor of the Souls franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Is this the single earliest precursor of the Souls franchise?
>>
>>383611841
You mean in game form? probably, but if you're talking about lore certainly not
>>
Pretty sure the earliest precursor is being hunted by a sabretooth tiger
>>
>>383612005
How is that related at all? You could say the same thing about that being a precursor to fucking every single Survival Horror Game.
>>
>>383612536
It's equally as hard
>>
>>383611841
FYI, for all the young kiddies out there that think "SOULS SERIES I SO REVOLUTIONARY!", before Demons Souls released, literally everyone just looked at it as another hack and slash game with an online gimmick attached to it.

It wasn't until the game was cleaned up and re-shipped as a multiplatform title that it got its reputation.
>>
>>383612865
Dark Souls isn't that hard tho
>>
>>383611841
Tomb of Horrors is infinitely more difficult than any Souls game I've ever played.
>>
>>383613813
the online gimmick was a cool new thing though.
>>
>>383613813
This is fucking bullshit, DeS was one of the only arguments people had for good ps3 exclusives, youre thinking about GoW 3
>>
>>383612865
>equally as hard

You realize one of the reasons Sabretooth went extinct was because of competition with Humans, right? It wasn't hard at all, because we had stone spears and axes, and killed them and what they preyed on.
>>
>>383615057
>was one of the only arguments people had for good PS3 exclusives

Wrong, you're thinking about God of War. Even back in the PS3 days everyone made fun of the PS3 for having no exclusives. No one used Demons Souls as an excuse, because they thought of it as just another hack and slash game that was particularly difficult.

Everyone was REALLY talking about Heavy Rain, God of War, Resistance, Infamous, Killzone, and even MGS4.
>>
>Tutorial zone of Dark Souls
>Light a bonfire
>Bonfire was actually a trap and you get destroyed by a sphere of annihilation and your save file is deleted
That would be a pretty shitty game.
>>
File: 183503.jpg (92KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
183503.jpg
92KB, 900x1165px
>>383615341
>party member gets instagibbed by a magical trap
>surviving players ask me to cast detect magic to reveal hidden magical traps
>do it
>really, really wish I didn't just fucking do that
>>
>>383612865
ebin meme
>>
>>383611841
D&D is the ancestor of many vidya. Even non-RPGs.
>>
File: 1486640497902.jpg (2MB, 1920x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1486640497902.jpg
2MB, 1920x1425px
>>
>>383615327
It got a reputation as a really good game a couple of weeks/months after its release. I've always had the mentality of "buy a console for its exclusives" and only Uncharted and MGS4 caught my interest until Demon's Souls came out and made me buy the console. I live in Yurop and the game wasn't even out here yet, but it had enough groundswell that local stores imported US copies of it.
>>
>>383620120
>it had enough groundswell

It took a year for it to sell 500,000 copies in North America.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.