[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These games are terrible. Why exactly do people like them? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Metroredux.jpg (1MB, 1452x919px) Image search: [Google]
Metroredux.jpg
1MB, 1452x919px
These games are terrible. Why exactly do people like them? The gameplay is full "NO FUN ALLOWED!" mode in 1 where killing A SINGLE ENEMY in a level deprives you from a morality point to get the good ending. Ammo is never scarce and the AI is pants on retarded. The VA is also terrible and every single character looks like a doll, only the environments are pretty. This is especially true for the 2nd game.

And the 2nd game has honestly one of the most stupid and convoluted plots in the history of gaming
>>
>>383611567
>Redux
There's your problem, come back after beating the original 2033 PC release on ranger hardcore.
Also you can kill all of the enemies in the game and still get the good ending, you gain "morality points" for observation/listening to NPCs and exploration.
>>
>>383611567
check out this cunt
>>
What's wrong with Redux?
>>
>>383611567
Yeah the Redux versions are pretty terrible.
>>
I like the original metro and the redux they are super immersive. I just love the look of the cool rundown sub tunnels with skeles carpeting the ground and other spooky shit
>>
>>383612062
>What's wrong with Redux?

Compared to original
>"QTE" takedowns instead of free aimable, equiptable knife
>worse AI
>only two visibility states (seen or not seen with a delay on detection so you can play peekaboo with no detection)
>terrible screenshake recoil instead of only armshake like in original
>less environmental traps in levels
>throwing knives ignore armor (bounce off in original)
>mutants have invincibility frames during some animations
>attachment system makes searching for weapons in levels pointless
>overall shitty animations and feeling of weapons
>ruining atmosphere with more lights in some levels and removal of volumetric fog in others
>lots of little details and TECHNOLOGY is gone
>>
>>383612162
They're pretty fun and cool even if the original is better I still think redux is great
>>
>>383611906

Its simply a pic, I should have specified I was talking about the individual games because I knew some autist like you would come in with the "LOL ONLY REDUX IS BAD!". I know Redux fucked up 2033 beyond repair, but I'm not talking about that. The core gameplay in the series is simply uninteresting. 1 has fun shooting mechanics but the game penalizes you for shooting humans and it has very few mutant encounters, which are mostly not fun.

>>383612062
Redux uses the broken AI from LL for 2033, they also remove a lot of traps from 2033 levels, change the gunplay (the recoil in 2033 was actual recoil, the recoil in in LL was just a camera shake effect) and add those cinematic takedowns instead of manual ones with the knife being a selectable weapon.
And also small details like how armor reacted...in 2033 if you'd throw a throwing knife at an armored dude, it would bounce off, but in Redux it's always a 1 hit kill even if it hits the guy in the toe
>>
>>383612401
>1 has fun shooting mechanics but the game penalizes you for shooting humans
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true, anon.
>>
>>383612062
Redux's biggest problems were adding stuff from LL, and the biggest fuck up in LL was Ranger Hardcore

>can't see the QTEs, meaning you have to beforehand know the QTE key and the moments it happens or just spam the key constantly
>can't see ammo count AT ALL
>can't see if you are swapping from normal to mili grade rounds and using up your currency
>have to switch secondaries on sound alone
>>
>>383612282
>>383612401
FUCK
Let's say it's my first time playing. Will I notice any of this?
>>
>>383612401
>the game penalizes you for shooting humans
Which is not true at all if you read my post.
And even if it was, all that changes is the final cutscene which treats the bad ending as canon anyway.
>>
>>383612645
No you won't notice it.
>>
>>383612645
You will certainly notice the brainded AI, shitty balance and bad gunplay.
>>
>>383612489

It's true, it deprives you of morality points.
You may not get enough for the good ending.

>>383612645

I mean it probably won't bother you as much but maybe you'll subconsciously say "wow what a shit game"
>>
>>383611567
>killing A SINGLE ENEMY in a level deprives you from a morality point to get the good ending
This is somehow even more retarded than similar "complaints" about Dishonored.
>>
>>383612810
>You may not get enough for the good ending.
Yes you do, there are more than enough points to negate any of the "bad" actions.
>>
>>383611567
>no fun allowed
that's absolutely not the case, since the bad ending is cannon to the next game, it's full "do whatever the fuck you want" mode. LL we don't even know the true ending, so why restrict yourself just because you want the "good ending"
>ammo is never scarce
If you want ammo scarcity, the difficulties explicitly explain that, try playing on ranger hardcore and tell me you constantly had ammo for all your guns if you didn't stealth through levels
>AI is retarded
redux
>VA is terrible and every character looks like a doll
I agree
>2nd game has honestly on the most stupid and convoluted plots in the history of gaming
someone's never played a Japanese game
>>
>>383612810
You are a special kind of retarded:
http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points

You only lose morality points for killing non-hostile people like prisoners and people who surrender.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.