[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the pettiest reason you have dropped a video game /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: rickykostaja.png (155KB, 472x785px) Image search: [Google]
rickykostaja.png
155KB, 472x785px
What's the pettiest reason you have dropped a video game /v/?
>>
one of the developers posted about feminism on twitter
>>
>>383607294

this
>>
one of the developers said racist/sexist shit
>>
>>383607294
>standing up for values you believe in is petty
Protip: it isn't.
>>
>>383607294
I don't know, I think that's a pretty legit reason.
>>
>>383607194
I dropped a game because I let the fandom decide the games value than the actual game itself
>>
>>383607294
>petty
jej. They're a cancer literally tearing our industry apart, not agreeing with women cancer isn't petty
>>
>>383607427

this
>>
>>383607194
A guy I know who's a shit liked it
>>
I've dropped plenty of games for dying a single time.
>>
>>383607194
shit controls

RE HD games
>>
I dropped Yakuza because you can't beat up civvies. Fucking bullshit.
>>
i have never dropped a video game
I finish them all out of spite
>>
One dungeon with a "step out of line with no clear visual guidelines and you have to restart the room" gimmick. It was more a last straw after the rest of the game was painfully mediocre at best though.
>>
>>383607294
This
>>
Bully, because you can't bully girls and no modder has fixed that
>>
>>383607194
/v/ likes it
>>
Magrunner
I thought it was fun enough for a Portal-like puzzle game, but then it tried to pull a pretty silly twist and I closed the game when one of the characters dramatically exclaimed "Oh no, that guy got eaten by a Cthulhu!"
>>
>>383607194
Shit combat

I do a lot of research before I get a game so I have only dropped a game once.
>>
Game's combat sucks and doesn't matter if the story is good I drop it.

Witcher
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 402x604px
I didn't pick up the latest Fire Emblem game because all of the old-guard was sucking it's dick.

This is despite the fact I wanted to play it.

I'm not sure why I deny myself happiness.
>>
>dead space
>enter elevator
>turn around
>door opens behind me
that was four years ago, havent touched it since
>>
I don't play Subnautica because of the design os its creatures. It looks like they were ripped straight out of Insaniquarium.
>>
>>383608036
Which game, out of morbid curiosity
>>
>>383608420
Is this what actual autism is like?
>>
>Play a game for approximately 90 minutes, which steam acknowledges
>Nobody is on multiplayer, go to refund it
>The steam refund page says I have 2 hours playtime
>90 Minutes = 2 Hours
>>
>>383608420
you know this is normal elevator design for many buildings right?
>>
>>383607294
That is pretty petty.
>>
>>383607194
the mc's outfit / art direction
I love the idea of monster hunter and xenoblade but stylistically they're appalling.
>>
>>383607194
I dropped Morrowind because the NPCs with their walls of text made me lose interest in the world
>>
never dropped a game

people often remark on my impeccable taste
>>
File: dagoth ur pose.png (848KB, 511x933px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth ur pose.png
848KB, 511x933px
>>383609541
I'm a Morrowindfag, but that's a valid reason to not like the game, not a petty one.
>>
>>383607561
>wanting your game to do well
>picking fights with vindictive journalists that influence sales and metacritic ratings
pick one, most devs probably just don't care they just don't want these people fucking with their feedback.
>>
File: timesplitters2.jpg (43KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
timesplitters2.jpg
43KB, 425x425px
the reticle didnt stay in the center of the screen
>>
File: videogames.png (101KB, 205x282px) Image search: [Google]
videogames.png
101KB, 205x282px
>>383607194
i don't know if it's petty but i dropped EYE divine cybermancy recently.

i made it maybe 15 minutes in before i decided i didn't need to play a sourcemod in the year of our lord 2017.
>>
>>383609657
Also I hated that the only way to explore on foot was to either walk at a snail's pace or have no stamina left to fight cliff racers, which didn't help.
>>
>>383608420
based
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.