[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WoW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 20

File: logo.png (243KB, 516x411px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
243KB, 516x411px
Where did it go so wrong? What was the point of no return?
>>
>>383605771
When you decided that sucking dicks for a living would make for a good life plan.
>>
>>383605771
When you played the same game for over a decade, got bored of it, complained that they should change things and then complained that they did change things.
>>
I will say that Legion is the most horrible grind in the history of this game.
>>
>>383605940
>grinding AP after they literally took away all reason to do so
the retard is you
>>
>>383605771
>What was the point of no return
Cataclysm.
>>
>most popular wow stream is showing re-runs of a chinese guild killing the second last boss

Honestly though Legion's been pretty alright after EN.
>>
>>383605940
>playing an MMO
>expecting there not to be grinds
>he wants another WoD
Yeah nah, fuck off. You're the one killing the genre.
>>
>>383605771
Cata for making the game convienient, MoP for placing the player at 'Hero' status, WoD for making the PC a major lore player, Legion for making the player character one of the most powerful lore characters to ever exist.

If datamining is to be believed, we're brining down a goddamn Titan on argus. Agramar I think it is.

Gameplay is good, I'll give it that, but I can't say the story and lore are solid at all.
>>
>>383607593
>MoP for placing the player at 'Hero' status
That happened at the end of Vanilla and went full retard in BC.
>>
File: sargerasavatar.jpg (190KB, 677x1030px) Image search: [Google]
sargerasavatar.jpg
190KB, 677x1030px
>>383606174
Because they just got done streaming Kil'Jaeden progress

also
>Mythic Kil'Jaeden

https://oddshot.tv/s/tBJ2JT

EXCELLENT MEME BLIZZARD
>>
Legion is a step in the right direction but it comes after the worst blunder in the series so its hard to build up trust again.
>>
WotLK

>hero classes
>removal of core class abilities
>changing of core class cabilities
>changing of core stats
>removal of 2s arenas
>achievements added
>heirlooms added
>raiding casualized to allow 10-man full progression
>raiding tweaked to add difficulty modes
>LFG/LFR
>cross server integration
>start of phased environments
>reused content (Naxxramas, Onyxia's lair)
>set up for the Cataclysm of the old world, which would even further remove everything we ever loved about the game
>>
Don't you faggots have a thread on /vg/? Fuck off shills.
>>
>>383605771
the moment they introduced LFD
>>
>>383605771
>Where did it go so wrong?
Correct spelling is "when" and the answer is in Cataclysm.
>>
>>383606061
Everytime I see people say this, I laugh. I quit when AP grinding was very much still a problem and underpopulated servers were stuck doing mythic dungeon runs with complete strangers in tradechat. It was far too little that came far too late.
>>
>>383607686
No, in vanilla and TBC, only raiders were heroes. It was an optinal ocupation, one of many many roles you could fill and play as in the game.

I guess what I mean is that MoP is the first time the player character is recognized within the canon as a 'hero'. Sure, in WoTLK you're comented on as being a veteran of outland, but that was it. Being the hero was still optional until 4.3 with dragon soul, where LFR is used on a nerative level to shoehorn every single player into the role of hero, instead of letting it naturally RP out. This was expanded on in MoP, where the PC during the questing experience is hot shit.

>>383608346
VG is hot shit for most games. /wowg/ is one of the worst communities on the board.
>>
>>383608589
Doesn't matter, mods delete this thread they have a /vg / thread
>>
>>383606061
>the only grind in Legion is the AP grind and that's what everyone refers to, not the legendary grind, no sir
Kill yourself.
>>
>>383608346
Not really, no.
>>
How's the Legion grind any different from vanilla's grinds? Remember all that protection gear and consumables? Healers having to farm without any way to kill shit at a decent speed?
>>
>>383607593
>If datamining is to be believed, we're brining down a goddamn Titan on argus. Agramar I think it is.

The titan we're killing is Argus's Worldsoul infested with Sargeras
>>
>>383608498
even at it's worst only mythic raiders had an actual reason to grind AP since every trait was only a 0.5% DPS and 0.75% health increase

server transfers still being 20 bucks is pure jewery tho
>>
>>383608310
Don't forget:
>Bring the most broken shit and not the class.
>Min/maxxing everything
>Enforcing Gearscore cancer
>The beginning of the horrible content draughts that last years
>Gated content
>Pointless rep grinds
>Dungeon queues
>BGs becoming complete shit so Blizzard can force their garbage arena "eSport".
>DKs being Ghostcrawler's pet class that was allowed to be utterly broken for 5+ years.
>>
File: IMG_3500.png (12KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3500.png
12KB, 112x112px
>>383605771
>Where did it go so wrong?
Wrath
>What was the point of no return
Cata
>>
>>383608685
usually when people complain about the legendaries they refer to it as RNG grind or something so i didnt think he was talking about that

the legendary system is far from ideal yes, but I've yet to see anyone propose a perfect solution. I can understand why people would prefer the systems from older expacs, but those all had issues as well

I'm kind of biased in this since I just play one spec casually since the start of the expac so I have almost all legendaries bar some of the new ones
>>
File: 1499629052313.png (531KB, 604x366px) Image search: [Google]
1499629052313.png
531KB, 604x366px
Fuck you all nostalgia fags. The game was shit back then. Right now its better than it ever was.
>>
>>383609745
>I've yet to see anyone propose a perfect solution.
Dump them into the garbage fire they belong in and forget they ever happened.
>>
File: IMG_3352.jpg (156KB, 892x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3352.jpg
156KB, 892x950px
>>383609852
Top b8
Anyone who prefers MoP/WoD/Legion to Vanilla/BC needs to be euthanized
>>
>>383609745
>be in top guild
>spec as x cuz its the best
>they nerf x and now y is the best
>no legendry so you lose your spot
epic
>>
>>383605940
Levelling 1-60 was more of a fucking grind than AP ever was
>>
>>383610020
name 1 clearly better thing (feature) of Vanilla/bc.
>>
>>383608249
Blizzard needs to be strong and not pander to the lazy shits that came with WoD. The grind is good and not excessive, it's ok to have to work dor your shit.
>>
>>383610221
no lfr
>>
>>383610072
>be in top guild
>dont have 5 alts fully geared when a raid comes out

you're not in a top guild, you're just a shitty tryhard
>>
>>383605771
When they decided everyone would be able to experience everything and kill progression.
>>
File: 1497751685765.jpg (73KB, 766x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497751685765.jpg
73KB, 766x1080px
>>383609745
Delete the entire fucking system, fuck legendaries, fuck warforged, fuck titanforged, fuck all this RNG
>>
>>383610370
delete lfr meme.
Ok. Now tell me how showing naxx in vanilla to like 3% of playerbase ingame and 75% of playerbase on youtube is in any fucking way better then showing ToS to 100% of interested playerbase in game. Given that the prestige of killing the final boss stays the absolutely same, becouse if you even try to imply having LFR chiev is worth anything to anyone ever you are a madman.
>>
>>383610443
Why shouldnt people be able to experience the content they pay for. Thats some retarded vanilla mindset here.
>>
>>383610443
But the raid has been out for weeks and the final boss seems to be still standing. How does that be explained motherfucker? Doesnt really seem like it was abled to be experienced by everyone :o
>>
>>383610698
By letting people see the boss by themselves it demystifies the raid, it stops being an achievement. When you stepped into naxx, you were part of a few players who did and everybody knew that. Stepping into ToS doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: 1398992952383.jpg (16KB, 325x336px)
1398992952383.jpg
16KB, 325x336px
>>383605771
WoW, just like any video game, feels incredibly good when you have friends playing it. The content is okay, and I have a bunch of friends playing it, so feels good man.
>>
>>383609343
>dks broken for 5 years
but this is wrong. After 3.2 we were second class to warriors. Cata we were just alright. Same with MoP. Gorefiends made us manditory in WoD. We've been hot garbage all legion.

3.0 and 3.1 we were brokenly overpowered.
>>
Finally free after somehow sticking it through Mythic Nighthold, that shit was a pain to do.

Actually quitting also means I can play other things without feeling like I'm letting down my guild by not farming mythic+ or AP like an idiot.

>Timewalking raids
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20855984#1
>>
>>383609862
This
Legendaries in Legion are a poor band aid fix to their terrible work on the ability pruning. Instead of dropping them or even just leaving the current amount alone, they doubled down and throw in more shit into a pile of stuff that will get in the way of aiming for the one you want for your spec.
>>
>>383610858
You should be able to with some reasonable effort, no almost no effort.
>>
>>383610698
>>383610986
With this I'm not saying that all content should be catered toward the top 5%. My opinion is that MMOs should release two or three raids per patch, one for each tier of players. That way everybody has end content without devaluing the top players.
>>
>>383610443
Nah the way they have it is fine. Everyone gets to see the content. Mythic is still hard and gets a bonus real ending to boot.
>>
>>383609043
Titans are Worldsouls. Argus hasn't turned into a titan, but theories are that the fel infused world soul is being used to assist in the rapid regeneration of demon bodies.

And I think we kill or purge a corrupted Agramar, who's defending the McGuffin we need to destroy/save Argus's soul. There's been some datamined text that supports Agramar as the last boss of the Throne of whatever the fuck,

That's the interpiritation I've got from what 7.3 content I've watched.
>>
>>383611091
>We've been hot garbage all legion.
blood maybe, but Frost had it's time in the sun
shit now tho
>>
>>383610858
That's ridiculous, MMOs don't work that way. You pay for a game pass not for complete access to all content. It's like showing up to a competition and arguing that you're entitled to a medal because you paid for it when signing up. You didn't, all you paid for was for the permission to participate.
>>
>>383611387
Hot garbage is an exaguration, but the point stands. 7.0, none of the three specs were viable. 7.1 frost became viable, with niche unholy uses (helya, ilganoth), Nighthold was pretty okay for Frost, shit for unholy (worst spec in the game for the majority of NH), now Frost is one of the worst specs in the game, with unholy being middle of the pack. Blood's seen enough buffs that I think it's sleeper viable.
>>
>>383611439
It's not like that at all.
>>
File: f9cf72a5e6248f8dd008fd6d35d84613.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f9cf72a5e6248f8dd008fd6d35d84613.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>383605771
WotLK.
>>
>>383611214
their intention with legendaries is not to have everyone walk around with BiS legendaries, but have them be varied and close enough in power that individual players will feel like their legendaries make them more unique

they have failed to achieve this goal so far, but they are taking steps in the right direction and adding more legendaries is exactly what they need to do since it decreases the probabilty that an entire raid has BiS legendaries and thus decreases the need to tune around this

the only people truly affected by this are cutting edge raiders, which are something like >0.1% of the playerbase
>>
>>383611602
But it is, on MMOs and multiplayer games you're only entitled to seeing the content that you deserve to see. It's not like they were locking naxx behind a wall, if you were good you could get in. Babbys like you want to see all content without putting in any effort and that devalues the sense of achievement for legit players.
>>
>>383610986
Demysifies the raid? Sall on fucken youtube mate. You havin a giggle? Still a pretty fucken big achievement beating Tos myth, see noone did it yet. When you steped into naxx all it fucking ment is you verry annoying enough to make 40 autist grind. no more no less. And if yo parents told you being autistic is an achievement... well they do nowadays dont they. Son i feel so sorry for ya.

So heres a way you should understand it more clear, see if ya pay people X dollar to make a raid and then some people see it and they pay Y to see it. Now be your mind blown to be succesfull even viable at all to continue development you kinda need the money you get (y) to be biger then money you paid (x)
And shit man more people seeing the content and paying for seeing it means more money, simple as it gets.

Also, fagot! Explain this. Errybody be memeing about deleting lfr. BUT! If you were one of FEW who got that hype achievement feeling for going in naxx why is there so MANY people bitching.

Shit aint logical on many fronts i find.
>>
>>383611091
DKs have been overpowered in some form since their introduction. Very rarely were they ever even in the mid-end of class strength.
>>
>>383608672
Fuck off and let them have their thread you autistic piece of shit. Go bitch in the waifu threads or something
>>
File: IMG_3449.jpg (80KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3449.jpg
80KB, 400x533px
>>383611602
Multiple raid difficulties RUINED RAIDING. If you can instantly teleport to a full raid group and breeze through it like a ride on a track at Disneyland and get your EPIC loot and EPIC tokens to turn in for BiS gear there is something wrong. Might as well just play a 1 player game where you control the EPIC HERO OF AZEROTH and 1 shot every enemy because YOU PAID FOR THE GAME
>>
>>383610858
You pay your sub for the ability to access the content. If you chose not to raid, you shouldn't be able to experience raid content.

Your argument is reminecent of the 'elo hell' complaints in mobas. If you're unwilling to work for what you want, you shouldn't get what you want. You want Diamond in LoL, get better, find a strat that works, once you do, grind games. If you want to raid, you should need to get geared up, find a guild or a pug, and go in after preperation.

The lack of barier to entry is what's really killing the genre. Everyone wants imediate gratification, rather than a long process that supports player choice in activity, forcing a player to get invested in their character and the world around them, in order to really see the content.
>>
>>383611574
>Blood's seen enough buffs that I think it's sleeper viable.

I was kind of thinking the same since the DPS and HPS they output seem absurd at times, which seems especially useful in M+. However I wonder if they still dont have issues with mitigations after I tried to run a +15 cathedral this week and our DK tank kept dying on the first boss

havent looked much at actual data tho
>>
>>383610986
>97% of the playerbase should pay for content only 3% will ever see
Sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>383607867
What happened?
>>
>>383612003
BiS gear is the good one. The best actually. Aint gonna get that in LFR.
>>
>>383605771
PTR and datamining
The mystery is fucking gone.
>>
>>383612118
yeah, they randomly picked 3% of the game's population and gave them a special code that let them enter the secret, exclusive Naxx raid that players who didn't receive the secret code would never be able to access no matter what
>>
>>383612003
Exactly. I don't think average players shouldn't have fun, mind you. I think blizzard should release two single-difficulty raids on each patch, so that all players have current end game content. But I guess they'll whine that it's too much effort even though they are a multi billion dollar company.

>>383612118
If you're going to argue with me at least argue against my general proposition and stop cherrypicking points. I've said that I don't think vanilla's model was optimal, although I do think it's better than legion's. Right now you're choosing between alienating shitters, or alienating the top players. I believe there's a middle ground.
>>
>>383605771
Boss mods.
>>
>>383611826
>you're only entitled to seeing the content that you deserve to see

autism might lead you to think this, but the content you're seeing is developed with the money everyone is paying. common sense dictates that people want to see as much content as possible for their money, else they will leave for other games that do make more content available for them

I honestly would prefer the removal of LFR as well, but it's just not a viable business model. I do hope they continue to add cool stuff to Mythic like Gul'dan last phase.
>>
>>383605771
A lot of shit but the worst thing was that they just kept coming going forward coming up with new shit, trying to bring people back when they should've gone backwards. Now it's too far gone and I doubt there's any saving it
>>
>>383612285
Agreed. I wish they'd just drop this shit.
>>
>>383605771
Unsubbed when 7.2 hit.
Now I'm playing on a Wotlk private server.
>>
>>383612387
>I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GRIND SO I'M ENTITLED TO ALL MAX LEVELED CLASSES, TRANSMOGS AND RACES BECAUSE I PAID FOR THEM
t. you
>>
>>383612290
>>383612318
The new model is better though with LFR, Regular and Mythic/Mythic+. The people who want higher difficulties are still rewarded and the people who just want to do the game at a lower level can still do the game. Talking bullshit about "mystifying" the content by ignoring other difficulty modes is dumb.
>>
>>383612285
this and adding
>the internet and all available information you could possibly need on the game being instantly available

the golden age was when information was sparse and viable and you had to actually talk to people to discover stuff

that will never return
>>
>>383612285
>Ion: “It was a different era in the game in a lot of ways. Streaming wasn't a thing. YouTube was still in its early stages, but no one used it. Warcraftmovies.com was the place to go for all videos, and most guilds kept secrets closely guarded."
>"When we first entered Black Temple, we didn't know what to expect. We'd seen a few datamined screenshots of the place, but there was something exciting about being one of the first few in the world to actually be in it. We killed Kael'thas for the first time; then we dropped Rage Winterchill, and no one wanted to stop that night so we kept going until we reached Black Temple. That excitement and exploration and discovery was a product of the times, not so much the game being different, but the world surrounding the game being different. The unknown is always exciting.”

The developers know that too.
>>
>>383612036
Blood's problem has always been the inability to deal with high damage over time. In MoP, we could deal with it with a fuckhuge toolbox of defensives and with mastery. In WoD, the raid mechanics made blood harder to use optimally

In Legion, Bloodshield got guttted and we haven't really recovered. However there's so many little buffs acumulated since launch that I think our mitigation and healing finally works.

>>383611984
?????
WoTLK we were OP early, and then on the weaker side of balanced towards the end.

Cata and MoP we were pretty much dead middle of the pack, Unholy was perticularly strong in ToT. Blood was on par with all the other tanks.

WoD, no real reason to bring a DK outside of gorefiends. The damage alright, but they never topped charts. Legion, we've been middle of the pack most of the way, being the worst class int he game to start. We're okay now, but not amazing, wouldn't bring more than 1 good DK dps in a raid comp if i was leading.

'DK is OP' is a meme that should have died in 2009. We're pretty much balanced the same as any other class. We have ups and downs, and were only fully OP for the first 2 patches after release with the stupid Icy Touch build.
>>
>>383612387
>>383612494
i mean you can keep yelling strawmans at me but im afraid that you're going to have to accept that videogames are businesses

its only going to get worse from now anon

the only escape from it is smaller budget games that can focus on a niche audience. Unfortunately, MMOs don't mix well with small budgets and niche audiences

that's why the genre is dead
>>
>>383612562
We just disagree. Back then players noticed if you were doing naxx, actually fighting KT and the blue dragon and stuff was an achievements, players felt like they were doing epic shit. Now there's nothing epic about fighting any boss.
>>
>>383612794
>you're going to have to accept that videogames are businesses
I know that, I know that LFR is better for business. I'm just talking about my ideal system even though it may not be optimal for profits. And who knows it may even be more profitable if they tried it.
>>
Datamining killed WoW.
>>
>>383612843
Have you even cleared any of the Mythic raids in Legion or are you just obsessed with fellating those oldschool guys AFKing in Ironforge/Org?
>>
>>383609745
Don't have them. Get rid of this stupid system. Everyone with a fucking working half brain knew RNG Legendaries was going to be an incredibly stupid idea.

Titanforged and Warforged are stupid too, and have been stupid and nonsensical since their inception.
>>
>>383613037
Yeah that too. I wonder if a company could make datamining illegal, as much as I hate giving up my rights to a corporation I think it would be for the greater good.
>>
it became shit when i started playing, sorry guys
>>
>>383613139
lmao i don't play wow anymore, they're not gonna keep me subscribed with a system that panders to the lowest common denominator
i'm not a cuck
>>
>>383612717
In WotLK DKs could do everything by switching presences, in raids or out in the world. I don't pvp much but until WoD Blood DKs dominated arenas by being immune to physical damage. In 3.3 I was hearing how they one-shot people with Frost Strike.
>>
>>383613226
I always knew it was this guy's fault
>>
Right now it's better than it has been for years. The problem wih WoW is and will always be the autists that play it 24/7 and complain about inane shit that 90% of the playerbase doesn't even notice. If you log on for a bit a few times a week it's still a top notch pastime and well worth the puny sub fee.
>>
>>383613027
then i dont understand why you were >'ing at me when I said I personally agree that the removal of LFR would be good

and they did try it anon, they didnt add it for no reason, they did it because they felt they were losing subscribers because casuals felt a lack of content

there's so many people doing LFR now, which actual raiders have almost no reason to do. what do you think they are going to do when it's suddenly removed? man up and join a raiding guild which requires a steady schedule? try and join a pug which almost always requires you to already have cleared the content? Id wager less than 10% of them would do it
>>
There should only be ONE raid difficulty, like in BC. Long attunement chains that required you to go through all the content, join a guild and progress together. When my guild downed Kael'Thas it felt like a huge achievement. And others could see that when they saw us with our KT gear and progressing into Hyjal. If he was normally really easy and the "achievement" was from doing him on extra heroic double mythic magnum mode where you have to fight him with one hand tied behind your back and solve a bunch of Rubik's cubes in order to get him to drop the same gear but with better stats, would that really feel the same? There should be one game with one difficulty, Heroic 5 mans were literally as far as they needed to go
>>
>>383613425
One difficulty with Ulduar style hard modes and secret bosses.

That's it.
>>
File: 1483741336165.jpg (58KB, 388x410px) Image search: [Google]
1483741336165.jpg
58KB, 388x410px
>>383612843
Really? You're using Wrath as an argument? Raids were so easy and simple, it popularized pugs raiding for gold. It didn't matter if half of the raid was retarded either.
>>
>>383613425
Baddies wont be able to do it. Fuck they can't even do fucking Flex.

>>383613542
Pretty much yeah. I do not understand why they haven't used the Ulduar model. I haven't seen or barely seen anyone say anything bad about it.
>>
>>383613167
>>383609862
>>383610571
>remove legendaries
This is certainly a viable option, even though it would probably cause a ton of complaints since legendaries have been in the game from vanilla.

However, we should consider then an alternative way to achieve the goals legendaries were intended to accomplish this expansion:
>give characters a sense of uniqueness
>add excitement to loot system
>allow players to fine tune their performance through gear selection
>>
>>383613685
>Wrath
What? I meant KT as the last boss from vanilla naxx, you're the babby here if you didn't get that. lmao get fucked
>>
>>383613274
>presances
Not really. You can't make up the massive gap in mitigation gear offers. In WoTLK you had to have def rating capped in addition to other mitigation stats in order to tank, and if you invested your stat alocation into defense, your offense was crippled. If you invested in Offense, your defense was crippled. A 15% shift between mitigation and damage meant shit. Optimal talent and gear builds didn't allow for swapping roles mid encounter.

You couldn't 'just tank the boss' if you were full on frost dps specced. Blood had an easier time of it, but it was still crippled by the lack of defensive stats, and would get crushing blows hammering on you left and right.

While any talent tree could tank or dps, there were clearcut paths for each role. You were never going to tank with a dps spec, you were never going to dps with a tank spec.

Back in the day, basically the entire community was retarded, so the disparity was there. Look on private servers now and you can see how developed the WoTLK is. Skill gap was amazingly large at the time, and a dps in tank spec/gear could likely out dps a lot of people, because players were bad. It was never viable or optimal to cross role play, but people did it cause they were fucking stupid.
>>
Raid progression in BC
>Hit 70
>Start with regular dungeons to get the gear/rep for heroics
>Do some heroics
>Do some Karazhan
>Raid Gruuls/Mags to complete t4 set
>Do TK and SSC for t5
>Do Hyjal for some t6
>Do BT to complete t6
>Raid Sunwell

Raid progression Now
>Buy a level 100 character
>Hit 110
>Queue for LFR of [current raid tier]
>Do Normal of [current raid tier]
>Do Heroic of [current raid tier]
>Do Mythic of [current raid tier]

Raiding is just so boring now. It's even worse since back then raiding wasn't the focus of the game like it is now.
>>
>>383605771
You cash cows have posted this same thread since burning crusade. How about you stop resubscribing so blizzard actually does something meaningful to stay alive?
>>
>>383614512
You could always PvP for a full set of armor. There also were a fair amount of catch-up epics with badges. You could skip most of that except for maybe that one trinket from a boss in SSC that was good forever because gear was so retarded.
>>
File: IMG_3647.png (348KB, 661x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3647.png
348KB, 661x619px
>>383614523
>Implying I haven't been playing on private servers since I quit retail at the end of Wrath
I've been on Feenix, Kronos, Nostalrius, Elysium, Hellground, L4G, Warmane, Gamer District, etc. Gonna roll full time on Felmyst when it opens at the end of the month
>>
>>383614512
at every point in the expansion it has been worth it to do the previous tier of raid to gear up an alt

also, you cant queue for LFR when you hit 110, you have to be 830 ilvl for that, so you still need to do heroics first

also, if you gear up with only raids and without pushing mythic+ it would take way too long

also, you could still progress through every raid tier if you wanted to, it's just hard to find groups for it

so basically your post is completely full of shit

why are you lying on an anonymous forum?
or are you shitposting about an expansion you've never played?
>>
>>383615084
>chronic reroller
I don't get the private server community in this regard.

I consider older versions of WoW to be a better game than the one offered currently, but I don't get the non-stop rerolling to FoTM servers. Only reason I don't play legacy is because of the server instability and corruption in leadership rings.

Wouldn't you want to stick to one character and clear the fuck out of all the content in an expansion?
>>
>>383605771
Warcraft died with Arthas
>>
>>383615297
>heroics
No. Broken shore turbowellfare gear is 850, the actual welfare gear is 880, which puts you directly into ToS LFR.
>>
>>383615084
>>383615325
this desu, i know players like this in current WoW as well

they keep rerolling new characters and levelling them, playing through the same exact content time and again. On top of this most low level content is pretty boring as well
>>
>>383615461
>most low level content is pretty boring as well
It's the comfiest shit ever, I haven't forgiven them for what they did to low level zones in cata
>>
>>383605771
halfway through Wotlk
>>
>>383615325
I've done everything through AQ on vanilla servers. Currently waiting for Elysium to release Naxx on Anathema.
I've done T4 and T5 on BC servers, there haven't been any super high quality BC servers until now with Felmyst so I will likely do all the content on there.
I've done all available content on Wrath servers.
I still have all my characters and can go play them at any time, too, so I don't really see your point
>>
>>383615420
yes, you can just farm nethershards to skip to ToS LFR, but you'd have to unlock broken shore for that

its not really an option for fresh players

having more and faster options to gear up alts isnt a bad thing imo
>>
>>383615539
different strokes for different folks i suppose, never understood the people talking about Eurotruck simulator being "comfy" either
>>
>>383610443
Less than 2% of playerbase cleared mythic Blackrock/ToV/NH.
>>
>>383615614
The scenario is doable on a fresh 110 by letting the unkillable NPCs carry you through the mob packs. I was 845 within 45 minutes of capping my mage, this was at the release of 7.2, so I wasnt able to steroid my traits to assist with this. the 880 gear, sure, that does take a lot of effort to get stacked in, but you can get 860 before you even get your third relic slot.

>>383615564
I get that. I guess I just hesitate to roll on any one server because of the divided community. Rolling up 1-60 or 1-70 is just a lot of work. I would want to just run one one character on one server.
>>
>>383615969
hmm, ye i do suppose you can cheese to catch up pretty fast if you know what you're doing but i was more thinking of the scenario of a typical new player
>>
>>383615969
If you want to play Vanilla, roll on Elysium.
If you want to play Burning Crusade, roll on Felmyst on July 21st or play on Warmane Outland if you want a boosted exp rate and item shop
If you want to play Wrath of the Lich King, Warmane is pretty much the go-to
>>
File: Cutt.jpg (311KB, 996x685px) Image search: [Google]
Cutt.jpg
311KB, 996x685px
>>383615927
Feels good man
>>
>>383616294
im curious, may i ask how often/how many hours a week you play wow?
>>
>>383616132
Yeah, I've been following the pserver scene pretty closely, even though I havent been playing.

Is the Warmane 1x rate tbc server just dead? What happened to it? Just inferior to Gummy's project?

I've been following Assention WoW, played a bit of the beta. How's the hype looking on that one? Cause it's fun as shit from what I've played.

>>383616131
I would assume most new players have a vet backing them, or are an MMO vet from another game. WoW has next to no new player draw like it used to. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume most players can get to 850 within a day of capping.

>>383616294
muh semi-hardcore nigga

>>383616593
his killdates arent that impressive lol
>>
File: 1499626929603.gif (993KB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1499626929603.gif
993KB, 230x173px
I'm about to play vanilla WoW for the first time. What am I in for?
>>
>>383616593
9 hours of raid a week, about 6-ish hours for doing emissaries and broken shore/wq stuff, 2 hours optional raid and about 4-5 for mythic+

So in total about 24-25 hour-ish including when I just run around dalaran or semi-afk and alts
>>
File: 1493308085440.jpg (165KB, 1370x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1493308085440.jpg
165KB, 1370x1004px
>>383616294
>no Cutting Edge Helya
>no Blackhand
lol
>>
>>383616853
An overrated experience.
>>
>>383616798
>his killdates arent that impressive lol
To be fair, since my old guild died, I've joined a fairly newly created guild, but we'll see how tomb goes in terms of guild rank
>>383616997
CE Helya is LITERALLY the first achievment, also only got heroic Blackhand down cause I didn't raid seriously until HFC in WoD cause the expac was pretty shit
>>
time gating
>>
>>383617124
I'm just shitflinging. I only got 9/10m in NH, collection of bad guild(s) and lack of personal dedication. Taking a long break to catch up on gaming backlog, but idk if i'm gonna do tomb.

But your helya CE isn't really CE. You did it well into nighhold. It's a wellfare CE.

GL with new guild though, I've had nothing but pretty shit experiences with new guilds, but your experience might differ.
>>
>>383617124
Shouldn't it be listed above Garrosh? I have no idea what it looks like. I was under the impression AotC would be inside of CE.
>>
File: wew.jpg (376KB, 1140x832px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
376KB, 1140x832px
>>383617418
It should, but I didn't play warrior until HFC, got the AOTC on another character, so that's why (I guess)
>>
File: 1498857398668.png (232KB, 281x550px) Image search: [Google]
1498857398668.png
232KB, 281x550px
>>383617396
I guess it comes down to knowing the right people, after the guild disbanded I jumped to this newly created guild that one of my mage guild friends joined which was made around late february-ish
>>
>>383617396
Also forgot to mention, the reason I got it so late is because my previous guild disbanded about 80 pulls or so into mythic helya progress, then I took a two month break and came back and got it after I joined this new guild, we did Helya after we killed mythic gul'dan for the first time since we had another raid night that week that would go to waste anyway if we didn't do anything
>>
>>383605771
Wotlk
"Bring people instead of class" was the worst thing that could happen with game
But that didn't stopped there
>All classes became more the same shit
>Terrible raid tier except one
>10ppl mode for the 25ppl raids
etc
Cata actually tried to fix game, but it was already too late with wotlk kids outnumbering true oldfags
>>
>>383609745
>far from ideal yes
Jesus what is wrong with you? It's not "far from ideal" it's complete shit. It's fucking terrible. It's a fiasco.
>>
>>383618567
It's inconvenient is what it is.
>>
>>383616798
Gummy's (Felmyst) is higher quality than pretty much any other 1x server so Warmane's 1x BC server (Medivh) will likely die off when Felmyst releases in 10 days. Their 5x BC realm (Outland) will probably have a steady playerbase though.
Ascension WoW is pretty cool and fun to play around on but it's not a server people are going to main on like a non-custom server
>>
>>383616853
If you've never played it before, I would play through Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne first. It's really cool to play Vanilla WoW after finishing those and seeing the fleshed out continuation of the story. Just take it slow and don't rush to 60 if it's your first time. It's a ton of fun if you haven't played through 1-60 a million times like most private server veterans have
>>
>>383619063
warmeme will never die, it's such a fucking shame
>>
>>383605940
just leveling in vanilla beats everything
>>
Patch Patch 3.2.0 was the beginning of the end
Cataclsm was when it was pronounced dead
Nerfing Cataclsm dungeons was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>383619356
You mean ultra fast with 0 death penalties? Coming from EQ, WoW has always been a walk in the park even from day 1.
>>
>>383619416
dont forget how they "fixed" old dungeons like Scholo
>>
>>383619286
Barely anything continues lorewise from wc3/tft in vanilla, only the orc campaign in TFT really
>>
>>383619416

>the article where ghostcrawler was trying to get the 3.2 wrathbabbies to see their reasoning for the cata heroic difficulty is still up on their shit new web layout

honestly he perfected nu-WoW with his team in MoP, it'll never be as good as that, or before again.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/2053469/wow-dungeons-are-hard
>>
>>383611759
locking essentially your talent tree behind months of RNG grinding is not in any way a good idea

just another way to get retards addicted to LEEGONs OCD RNG grinding
>>
>>383610221
The RPG mechanics in the game. The fact that you could OOM as a spellcaster and have to use wands.
The interactive class quests
>>
>>383605771
>Where did it go so wrong? What was the point of no return?
When they made it instead of more RTS WarCrafts.
>>
>>383620474
They have a lot of class quests in WoW. Just another thing retards call "gating" now.
>>
Can someone please tell me about felmyst?
Can I explore the world and feel comfy AF?
>>
File: 1415498566389.png (708KB, 640x551px) Image search: [Google]
1415498566389.png
708KB, 640x551px
>>383605771
Imagine that WoW is a ship sailing in the sea.

When TBC was released the ship changed it's course.

When Wotlk was released the ship met an iceberg.

In patch 3.2 which happened in August 2009, the crew abandoned the ship, being replaced by amateurs, which was a point of no return.

The ship sunk in 2010, which was called Cataclysm. Everything from that point onwards is necromancy and necrophilia.
>>
>>383611124
>skimming through that article
>they ask for ion's thoughts on black temple
>i raided with him in tbc

right in the feels
>>
>>383620701
class quests where you go to a phased instance with 5 billion epik(tm) things happening.
There is no connection with the world anymore. There isn't any server wide shenanigans anymore where you found rivals throughout the world and fought them.
>>
>>383620701
clicking a garrsion facebook mission board and having to complete 5 12 hour missions, twice, to unlock a % stat boost is not a class quest, it's timegating
>>
>>383605771

It went wrong when they introduced the dungeon finder. Fight me you faggots
>>
File: murlocrace.jpg (225KB, 1002x750px) Image search: [Google]
murlocrace.jpg
225KB, 1002x750px
So what should be the next race/class?

I'm thinking for races Murlocs, long awaited and they wouldn't look too awkward. Be the size of a Dwarf. I don't really think we need a new class but if we do get one I'd like it to be a dragon themed one.
>>
>>383620847
What were class quests before? Go to some remote location and accomplish a short task alone. You didn't meet people in class quests except for the few that had an elite target.
>>
>>383605771

Problems that WoW has had for a while:

>Raids being too focused on pure DPS
>You didn't complete a new raid on the first weekend? Good luck ever playing that raid outside of a raiding guild.
>Way too fucking difficult to respec
>Time gates

In addition to that, playing a Demo Warlock in raids is utter fucking cancer, raids suck bad enough without the constant fear of being kicked for low DPS.
>>
>>383621087
HIGH MOBILITY LEATHER WEARING MELEE

but this time instead of having 1.5 pages of abilities including passives it will only have 0.75 pages, to make it more "accessible"
>>
>>383621093
>gained rewards that fulfilled the class fantasy shit.
>encouraged partying up and exploring distant locales your characters hadn't been to before.
>mid and higher level ones had you meeting fellow class members from the other faction.
>>
File: 1488607362149.jpg (390KB, 1023x761px) Image search: [Google]
1488607362149.jpg
390KB, 1023x761px
>>383621098
>Way too fucking difficult to respec

I hope this is a joke
>>
>>383621098

Too difficult to respec? I fucking click 1 button in my bags and I can change talents freely for a minute outside of combat. Even changing specs doesn't require dual spec or going to the trainer.
>>
>>383621087
Dragon class seems cool but how would they separate the specs and how much would their be?
>>
>>383621808
>>383621890

Changing talents != respeccing

You're probably forced to use the optimal talents regardless.
>>
File: legendaries wow.png (115KB, 999x720px) Image search: [Google]
legendaries wow.png
115KB, 999x720px
>>383621808
>>383621890
spot the imbeciles who haven't played legion

pro tip, you are gonna lose 15-20%+ dps/healing/tanking mitigation, when you "respec" unless you grind out relics, AP, and BiS legendaries for your offspec also. AP doesn't take long, the other two are completely RNG and the legendaries are going to take months

pic related, if you play a balance druid and don't have two bis legendaries, good luck and enjoy doing complete trash damage which will get you removed from any serious raids
>>
>>383621087
Needs to be mail. Likely ranged ranged healer.
>>
>>383623168
nope, HIGH MOBILITY LEATHER WEARING MELEE

although next expac won't be a class since it's only every other expansion. hard to make a class based off some south seas naga bullshit anyway.

and they will never add a ranged class, the retards that are their target audience don't want to kite or cc, they want to smash 1 button and be ep1k like illidan
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.