[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gmod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: steeringniggas.jpg (87KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
steeringniggas.jpg
87KB, 720x450px
I'm going to be playing with a younger kid, and I want some fun ideas of stuff to do, and good mac recommendations as I just planned on using the default contruction map

>was thinking we could build boats and try to race/battle on the pond on the map
>was thinking we could fortify one of the bases and do some badass security systems and stuff
>was thinking we could try and build some generic construction devices, like slingshots and catapults
>maybe try and make a go kart

Is there like a really big construction map these days that's good to play on? I haven't played since like Gmod 9, so I don't know anything about this new Workshop feature.
>>
File: css-1667-aim_ag_texture2.jpg (59KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
css-1667-aim_ag_texture2.jpg
59KB, 800x500px
bump?
>>
>>383597854
>gm_flatland + variations
>gm_mobenix
>>
>>383597854
About 10 years too late on this shitty 'game' dude
>>
Bathtub rocket race.
>>
What have the devs of GMod been doing?
>>
Just play on FlatGrass or gm_construct. In order to build stuff like boats and shit, you'll need to learn wire. It's kinda difficult but you'll get the hang of it. If you want to have fun right off the bat, just have a base building contest.
>>
Wooden Wars was good fun back in the day, make shit out of only wood and battle with each other. Get the lift/wing tool so you can make planes e-z and don't make shit OP, low RoF/inaccurate turrets and propane tanks only for missiles.

If the kid can't build he can always stick wings on the air boat and it flies pretty good by default.
>>
>>383600598
>wire
I just weld barrels with max floatation to a big flat panel and build around it, then add thrusters and try to keep it level through movement.
>>
>>383597854
Fuck off you retard
>>
>>383600703
Pleb. I bet you use balloons to fly.
>>
>>383600846
I don't think I've ever flown desu.

I might've made a hot air balloon similar to like what you say, though

my proudest thing I ever did was that steering contraption you see in OP pic
>>
File: he dabbin xDDDD.png (985KB, 868x697px) Image search: [Google]
he dabbin xDDDD.png
985KB, 868x697px
>tfw remember when I was younger I was so obsessed with gmod I watched War of the Servers 10 times

Good times... wish I could go back.
>>
Get wiremod and start programming E2 codes with him

Get the fin tool and start making realistic fin aircraft

Show him how to make a hydraulic swashplate for a heli (you DO know how to make a swashplate, right OP?)
>>
>>383600846
I use noclip :^)
>>
File: nada kore wa.jpg (13KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
nada kore wa.jpg
13KB, 261x193px
>>383600976
>E2
Jesus man, they're beginners.
>>
>>383600976
What's a swashplate?

I never did wiremod, or fin tool.
>>
Hello?
>>
Teach him how to do quality sex poses, like a responsible adult should.
>>
>>383601045
I'm just fucking with you, but a swashplate is the mechanism that allows a helicopter to cyclically or collectively change the pitch of its rotor blades to pitch, roll, and change elevation.

Not for beginners in gmod lol
>>
>>383601339
I can do a ball joint on a sweet gate, and put a button to activate a thruster that will open and shut said gate.
>>
File: 7.jpg (10KB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
10KB, 232x200px
GMod is filled with squeekers
>>
I've never played Gmod online despite having a few hundred hours in it.
>>
Good on you OP

Gmod is the game that shaped my teen years and got me interested in programming and engineering

Largely the determining factor in my majoring in electrical engineering
>>
>>383602205
I'm just trying to get with his mom. But, he's cool too.
>>
>>383602261
This thread just got like 2 times more interesting.
>>
>>383602367
Yeah, I need some 'wow' factor shit.

When he yells 'MOMMY MOMMMY COME LOOK' I want her to be interested, and mildly impressed with the engineering behind the creation. I want it to be very in your face, look completely over complicated, and most of all, function fluidly in a way she could even interact with.

I remember one time, I had a ragdoll NPC on this contraption, and I made a stick with a boot on it revolved around a joint and it would kick the ragdoll NPC in the ass by hitting the button conveniently located right next to the mechanism.
>>
>>383602575
You could always go for the classic setup that makes a ragdoll run around.
>>
>>383603608
i don't know anything about that
>>
>>383597854
>Play on base building server with wiremod enabled
>Build a couple of aimbot autoturrets to defend my base while away
>have interface to add names/IDs to the whitelist
>have elaborate backdoor with obfuscated hardcoded alt-accs as failsafe IDs which would break the entire thing if removed in case someone steals it
>admin faggot decides to noclip into my base for whatever reason and promptly gets killed
>get permabanned for "admin disrespect"
>wait until admin is asleep
>log into second account
>prop push myself into admin base
>see turrets
> faggot admin stole all of them probably after enabling god mode
>faggot admin added him and his friends to the whitelist and removed everyone I had on whitelist including my "entry"
>do some rewiring
>whitelist now is the blacklist
>add faggot admin's steam ID as a hidden constant value
>manage to push the turrets out of admin base
>move them to spawn
>>
>>383604784
how do I create a server that would remain up that I could always connect to and have our built progress saved and stored together?
>>
>>383604969
Just host a server, disconnected player's props are only cleared on servers with admin plugins.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.