[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there just no room for Megaman in the modern era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1499733665166.png (238KB, 782x814px) Image search: [Google]
1499733665166.png
238KB, 782x814px
Is there just no room for Megaman in the modern era?
>>
There could be. They just don't want to.
>>
>>383589562
With the resurgence of platformers recently I think Capcom will wise up and do something with him to cash in on it. The real question is whether or not it'll be shitty.
>>
>>383589562
A new Gunvolt game came out recently
>>
Only in fan games :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpCarkGGoxI
>>
We need a revamp of battle network that isn't the festering shitpile that was starforce
>>
>>383589562
We need a new Megaman Legends.
>>
TPS megaman but good
>>
>>383589562
https://youtu.be/jj8nSAEwuZM he lives on forever in Doom!
>>
>>383589562
8 bit death match made me think that Megaman would make a decent FPS.
>>
You have two choices:

>Indie Budget

Exactly the same as MM9 and MM10. It's going to get a sequel if it does well but because it doesn't generate a fuckload of revenue it will fall to obscurity again because hard action platformers are niche.

>AAA Budget

Third person shooter/open world/action rpg with constant DLC, loot crates, and a Skyrim/BOTW esque gear system. Megaman in name and aesthetics only. Will be successful for at least two more entries and the series will not recieve more mainline games until they are rebooted after the poor reception of the third game. If performs poorly, Capcom will go under.

Which do you choose?
>>
>>383591332
>Megaman in name and aesthetics only.

Ah, so another Battle Network abortion.
>>
I would like to see a Mega Man X9 that moved forward with the world and concepts the rest of the X series established, but wasn't total fucking garbage like most of X's sequels. If they decide to fall back on X, I really really hope they don't just try to ape X1's graphics and structure like they did for Mega Man 9. That isn't sustainable, sequel fatigue already set in with MM10 in record time because of that.

There is room for just a new, good, slick 2D MMX platformer. It's fine for Mega Man to stay 2D. If they tried to revive him with a push into 3D, it would be a massive gamble that could leave the series buried deeper than it already is.
>>
>>383589562
3d stylized low poly like Samus returns?
>>
There's like 30+ MegaMan games. Seriously, fuck off faggots.
>>
>>383594227
And over half of them are garbage so it's not that big of a deal it's dead
>>
I liked how Mega Man 6 had nationality-based enemies, I hope they make a game like that again but even more offensive
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.