[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 23

File: NotEnoughZelda.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NotEnoughZelda.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Defend this /v/
>>
Combat was the last thing on the development list
>>
File: CarefulRareBengaltiger.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CarefulRareBengaltiger.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>383585724
>>383585724
You guys kept telling me this was a 10/10 GotY, what the fuck is this shit?
>>
File: FixedDefiniteKawala.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FixedDefiniteKawala.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>383585796
Care to explain why 60% of the shrines are pure ass then?
>>
File: RightHauntingCaiman.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RightHauntingCaiman.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>383585868
How is this in any way a 10/10 game?
>>
>>383585868
Tech demo for all of the physics in the game.
>>
>>383585927
60% of the content in the game is pure filler, how is that excusable?

7/10 is starting to look might accurate all of the sudden.
>>
>Posters: 2
Really boots up the ol think tank.
>>
>>383586101
>I can't read threads.
Yeah, it really does. Retard.
>>
I like the game.... But
>combat is shit
>link only has 3 movesets
>rush is broken, you have to Dodge before the attack
>weapon durability was poorly implemented
>game doesnt require skill, only better gear
>shrines are Boring, all look the same, some don't even give you any rewards
>story is crap
>mastersword is not the strongest weapon in the game
>final boss is a joke
> only really 3 enemy types, moblins lizalfos and the Giants
>3 "boss" enemies, lynel, golens, hinox
>dragons are just eye candy
> no real dungeons
> ONLY 4 ITENS
> average soundtrack, it not as bad as some people say

I played for a fucking long time, all of my enjoyment came from climbing and taking pics of the scenery, everything else is disappointing.
>>
I'm on the minority here but I think BotW is GOTY
>>
>>383585724
Why did take all these webm and start a whole new thread?
>>
looks fun

blabla >fun
>>
>>383587029
Because if you try to start the thread by posting Joseph Anderson's video, all the Redditlards will sperg out, and the retards won't bother to watch it cause it's 2 hours long. Instead, I grabbed some of the bits that visually showcased some of his arguments, and sprinkled them at the start of the thread.
>>
File: 1498441817581.png (419KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1498441817581.png
419KB, 650x650px
>>383586813

I feel the same way.

BotW is the skeleton of a very good game.

If they next game they make using these assets adds verticality to the water (diving), more elaborate caves/dungeons, mob variety, and actual quests/questlines, it will easily be 10/10.
>>
>>383587140
I saw the video and he is right about everything. Is he this consistent and good on all of his videos?
>>
File: 1462301211028.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462301211028.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>383585724
Was there supposed to be a proper way to beat him? I did the standard zelda boss procedure of running around him for 15 mins looking for an opening before giving up and spamming bow.
>>
>>383587420
Flurry rush and mash attack. Same as all the other enemies in the game.
>>
>>383587265
>and actual quests/questlines

I think the quests are fine as is. Way better than I thought they were going to be but definitely not at Witcher status.
>>
>>383587380
The ones I've watched at least are good. His Fallout ones, Witness, and Bloodborne ones are the only ones I've seen, well, and Zelda.

He has one tearing TLoU and Uncharted a new asshole apparently, I might watch that next. His videos are great, they're just really long.
>>
>>383585724
Judging by your posts OP you haven't played the game have you?

You really shouldn't if you're going to take a negative mindset into it.
>>
>>383586918
>minority
What, it's the majority. There is a very vocal minority though, as with all popular games
>>
File: 1372053007720.jpg (65KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
1372053007720.jpg
65KB, 400x358px
>>383587582

I was expecting much longer chains, better worldbuilding, and way more side character relevance than we actually got. I felt very led on by the trailer in this regard.

I know they have "post apocalyptic feel" protecting them from this critique and that's fine, but I was very let down.
>>
>>383587616
I've already played and beaten it, and this is the kind of shit I've been saying for months now, only to have morons like you cherry pick and ignore my arguments. Now I've got video proof specifically made by an analyst to showcase what I meant.

It's not a very good game, and desu, I'm debating whether or not it's better than SS, as I didn't like SS at all, but BotW just gets worse and worse the more you play it. The plateau is the highlight of the game, it all goes to shit quickly after that, and the game feels largely unfinished. I'm still incredibly peeved by all the 10/10 reviews, I feel I was lied to by tons of people. ProJared especially comes to mind. Fuck him.
>>
>>383587836
Oh you're that guy with a hateboner for the game because of its reception. It's okay you can let go. You already said it isn't a bad game, why care what others think?
>>
>>383587836
Skyward sword is more of a Zelda game than botw but i still think botw is a better game, even with all it's problems.
>>
File: gohma.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
gohma.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>383585724
It's as easy to defend as this. If anything it's easier to defend because in that webm he actually has end game equipment unlike here.
>>
Why does every image and webm of this game make it look like World of Warcraft?

Link doesn't even look like Link
>>
>>383587987
No it isn't. BotW at least has puzzles, skyward sword doesnt have exploration at all
>>
>>383587940
Not op but this game being the success it was with critics will have a huge influence on other games, just like cod had with the FPS genre. Remember how every FPS and even games in different genres wanted the COD audience? I don't want this happening again with a flawed game like botw.
>>
>>383588151
>flawed
All games are flawed. BotW's praise doesn't come much from its combat, more of its world, and I want more AAA open worlds to copy its philosophy
>>
>>383587987
That's basically my dilemma. SS is a terrible game, but it still feels like Zelda. BotW doesn't do anything revolutionary or spectacular, but for a Zelda game, it does branch out from the formula. It's not a particularly great game, but it's not as shit as SS either. It's hard to say.

>>383588106
>Master Sword
>end game equipment
40 shrines is all it takes to get it, ego 1/3 of the content in the game.

Also, the armor he used you get in the very first village you're likely to come across.
>>
>>383588228
What philosophy? A beatiful world filled with repetitive bullshit? Pointless collectibles? You can just play asscreed and farcry for that.
>>
>head to the desert first
>find Molduga
>"holy shit, awesome, I bet there's more minibosses unique to their area!"
>nope you get hot and cold Talus

The Zora history slates even confirm that giant Octoroks exist and have attacked beaches in the past, but are they in the game? Nooooo
>>
>>383588228
BotW is beyond flawed, it is unfinished, buggy, and downright broken in many areas. It's a 7/10 game at best, among the weakest of 3D Zeldas, and nowhere near a contender for GotW amid all the great games we've seen thus far. The only reason it gets raised is cause of brand recognition, and cause it needs to sell the Switch.

It'd be hard to move those from the shelves if Zelda was rated a fair 7/10 by most critics.
>>
>>383588326
A game world that does not prompt you to go in a straight line. Jesus why so aggressive?
>>
>>383588254
Yeah, and that armor is upgraded 4 times, which you don't even accomplish by the time you can get the master sword.
>>
>>383588378
Congratulations, Fallout 3, 4 and NV did that ages ago.
>>
>>383588392
Yeah, and he did it to showcase a specific set of points, how about you watch the video instead of being a bumbling contrarian retard.

The game has gear based progression, and this BREAKS combat.
>>
>>383588359
I disagree. I encountered very little bugs throughout my playthrough besides the guardian one, which is patched I think. It's very polished for such a large world with so much physics

It isn't unfinished either, everything is packed up and no loose threads remain.

The only broken mechanic I can even think of is maybe food? But that's a deliberate choice

I have no idea what you are talking about desu
>>
>>383588423
Yeah, but no one else fucking copied them. I hope Zelda can influence more games, but it is but a dumb hope
>>
>>383588480
What's wrong with gear based progression? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's broken. Gear based progression works well in simple games like BotW
>>
>>383588513
Well then here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

Enjoy.

And he doesn't even cover the lack of a proper soundtrack in a series NOTORIOUS for its iconic music.

>>383588575
Plenty of people have copied Bethesda, are you stupid? Fucking BotW ADMITTEDLY takes a lot of influence from Skyrim. Fucking fanboys man, you people get dumber by the day,
>>
>>383588254
>40 shrines is all it takes to get it, ego 1/3 of the content in the game.
That is if you aim specifically for the master sword. And don't upgrade your stamina.
Realistically if you aren't even aware of where to find the master sword or it requiring 13 hearts specifically. Then you wouldn't be likely to get the sword at a mere 40 shrines.

And it doesn't change the fact how it's one of the best swords in the game. It's the equivalent of rushing for the end game swords of Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask too. Something you can also achieve around the halfway point of the games. Disregarding the fairy sword at the very least.
>>
>>383588639
Except it doesn't. You can't kill difficult enemies like Lynels if you don't have the right gear. Upgrading your gear also makes the game too easy. It's far from great, especially for a game that touts "you can go anywhere."

Monster Hunter does Gear based progression right, BotW totally shits the bed in that regard.
>>
>>383588378
Sorry, i just get pissed that this game has so much potential to be good and just falls flat. Dont get me wrong, like i Said the best part for me was walking around taking pics but the game IS repetitive and boring.
>>
>>383588654
I watched it. And I don't see anything broken. You calling it broken does not make it broken, Anderson.

And no, skyrim is a straight line game, fknowltw woth a dependence on waypoints. Just like fallout. Which games have copied. I can't believe you didn't notice how BOTW deemphasized waypoints
>>
>>383588668
>one of the best swords in the game
>30 damage
>Royal Swords do 60 damage
>it will break before you even clear out a camp
>best sword in the game
Stupid fanboy.
>>
>>383588654
Why are you so damn agrressive? Jesus fuck. You don't see how breath of the wild is different from skyrim in terms of how they structured the world? Skyrim is impossible to compete without the markers, breath of the wild is. That is what modern games have failed to copy, and that is why breath of the wild is closer to morrowind
>>
>>383588786
He gives a lot of arguments with examples on how it is broken and you just go "nuh uh".
>>
>>383588851
>uses royal gear, a glass canon weapon to make a point
>not savage gear
>calling other fanboys
What the fuck are you doing anon
>>
>>383585724
>first blight ganon encounter
>mastersword

The game is expecting you to have trash weapons for the first encounter. If that fight was his 4th blight ganon, it would be no where near this fast.
>>
>>383585724

>get the sword designed to kill ganon
>WOOOOW WTF THE SWORD IS DOING ITS JOB FUCKING SHIT GAME

Why don't you also complain about the Fierce Deity Mask you fucking faggot?
>>
>>383588860
I dont think you realise but you are arguing with 3 different anons.
>>
>>383588885
I don't agree with his examples fuckhead. He called the generous hitboxes when they are in fact just generous hitboxes. Not everything is broken just because you think it is retard
>>
>>383588851
>>30 damage
>>Royal Swords do 60 damage
But the sword does 60 damage against enemies that are part of Ganon. Not 30. It's glowing and everything.
And it doesn't break nearly as easily against such enemies too.

Either you're intentionally shitposting. Or you're just ignorant and shitposting anyway which is just as bad.
>>
>>383588975
>y-you're playing it wrong
>you-you can go a-anywhere
Pick one, retard.
>>
>>383588378
>Jesus why so aggressive?
Not him and I have nothing against the game, I think it's a 8/10, but after months and months of some people desperately trying to sell it as "the 10/10 revolutionary game that changed videogame forever and completely atomized every other game released this year", while deflecting any kind of criticism with "lol you didn't play the game you sonygross" people are entitled to feel annoyed. Not that it's your fault or anything, but this game got seriously overrated here.
>>
>>383589010
All of you sound like the game murdered your dog or something, like, just chill dude
>>
>>383589035
You can go anywhere. I don't see a problem with a fight being easy if I do something else for ages. RPGs do it all the time.
>>
>inb4 someone runs out of argument and just posts smug Zelda because they are not capable of thinking any excuses for this shit game
>>
>>383589018
>i don't agree with facts!

Ok, Junior. Go play with your fidget spinners, little autist.
>>
>>383589061
Overrated is just a dumb word to say 'I didn't like what others liked'

So damn fucking useless for describing anything
>>
>>383589158
>facts
Post some then. All I see is someone calling something broken just because it makes a game easy
>>
>>383589153
You're right and everyone else is just pretending to like it. I'll start a movement to red pill people on their delusions. Thanks for helping me see the light.
>>
>>383588750
>You can't kill difficult enemies like Lynels if you don't have the right gear.
Correction: YOU can't kill difficult enemies like Lynels if you don't have the right gear. Git gud, kid.
>>
>>383589162
So you agree with them and it's "the 10/10 revolutionary game that changed videogame forever and completely atomized every other game released this year", right?
>>
File: Blue_Mail.gif (906B, 16x14px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Mail.gif
906B, 16x14px
>>383585809
So the fact that when you've fully upgraded the second strongest armor in the entire game. After venturing to the four corners of all of Hyrule. Liberated the great fairies. And defeated enough Hinoxes for the guts needed to fully ugrade your armor.

You take a quarter of a heart in damage from an attack from the lowest tier enemy of the game?
And that's supposed to be some huge issue? It's almost as if it isn't anything new at all. Mind blowing, I know.
>>
>>383589234
bu-but the previous zelda games were all so difficult and for hardcore gamers like us, unlike this one that is easy if I take hours to farm!
>>
Who the fuck is that autist replying to anyone. He's that blunder guy isn't he
>>
>>383589284
Not him, but yes.
>>
>>383589284
No I don't, but I won't say their opinion is wrong and mine is right.
>>
>>383585724
That was my first divine beast and I dropped the game right after. The boss wasn't even bad in comparison to a lot of other Zelda bosses but it just felt so half-assed, which is what the entire game had felt like up to that point.
>>
>>383589437
It's your first beast though?
>>
>>383589275
No, it's impossible you memeing retard. All you weapons will break before you kill it.

Otherwise, prove me wrong, start up a new game, head for the nearest Lynell, and kill it with your starting gear. Record it, and show me, and I'll eat my shoe.
>>
flurry is utterly broken in this game, almost as much as being able to carry 50+ full heals
>>
Both sides need to understand that everyone has different tastes. Some people really like BOTW and some people really don't.
Both sides need to chill out and accept that their opinions aren't objective truth.

Who am I kidding, of course everyone's opinions on here are objective infallible truth.
>>
>>383589490
You can do it with some patience. Bombs are infinite
>>
>>383585724
>OP was BTFO'd so hard in the other thread he made this one to drum up more shitposting
Here, copied from the last thread, since you didn't reply to it:

>using a weapon specifically designed to bust the bosses up easier than others
>which you must have played for many hours and explored half the content in the game to get
>makes the boss easier
And they didn't show the part before that where it had to be shot out of the sky, or after it where you must get it down with ice cubes flying at you and half the room being underwater.
>>
>>383585868
Shrines teach you various applications of your abilities throughout the game. Even the one in your webm teaches you that an object in stasis, will retain its normal momentum if undisturbed. But if disrupted even ever so slightly in any direction, it'll just fall straight down instead.

And 60% is a really neat arbitrary number m8. The fact that there are some really simple shrines doesn't mean they're "pure ass". As stated, they still teach stuff. They still have rewards. And most of the shrines are far more interesting than that.
>>
>>383589540
Do it then retard. Fucking do it then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

BOTW is not so good.
>>
>>383588654

You could not pay me to watch a two hour video of some autist ranting about why he doesn't like a game.

I'd much rather formulate my own opinions, and discuss the game with people who arn't just regurgitating their favorite ecelebs shitty opinions.
>>
>>383589520
I don't know what about this game whips people up into a frenzy. Like jesus look at this thread, it's full of autism. And look at those posts, most of them even think the game is outright bad.
>>
>>383589467
I'd fought a Hinox before this (which was a complete joked of a boss, so much so that it felt insulting) and seeing as how there's only 4 main bosses I was expecting more out of Waterblight when I finally got to fight it. If I'm not enjoying it after getting to the 25% mark I don't see why I should keep playing it to see if the rest of it is any better.
>>
>>383589656
>LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! BOTW IS GOTY I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! LALALALALAL
>>
>>383589408
>disagree with others
>"But I just won't say that I disagree. It's you who is a faggot because you say your opinion"

ok dude
>>
Wish Crowbcat made video on BOTW and Horizon to eternally BTFO both parties.
>>
>>383589637
https://youtu.be/Ip7VfuYwO88

What do I get
>>
>>383588686
could use some work on your bait
>>
>>383589709
Come back when you can formulate your own arguments instead of just linking to someone elses, and I'll discuss/debate the game with you until the cows come home.
>>
>>383589659
there's not a lot of people in this thread, only about 28 and there's a guy samefagging and shilling his e-celeb videos
>>
Botw brings the ancint troll in me from the early /b/ days of early 4chan. In this thread alone i attacked it, defended and played the middle ground on this game. It's actually funner than playing botw in a way.
>>
File: DBve3ppVYAAJws7.jpg (85KB, 800x1039px) Image search: [Google]
DBve3ppVYAAJws7.jpg
85KB, 800x1039px
>>383585724
>flurry rush is supposed to activate after a perfect dodge
>but no its before the enemy strikes or after the enemy has already striked
Nintendo didn't even play test their own game.
>>
>>383589637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ5ysesSOpY
>in the starting zone itself
>master mode
>the second hardest variant of a lynel
>>
>>383589725
How did you get that from my post
>>
File: 1498934426534.jpg (23KB, 326x329px) Image search: [Google]
1498934426534.jpg
23KB, 326x329px
>"Stop liking what I don't like!"
>"Your game is shit, everyone but me is wrong!"
>"Nintendo is failing, pay no mind to anything that says otherwise!"
>"Muh PS4! Muh PS4!"

Hoo boy, they're going all out today...
>>
>>383589123
>I don't see a problem with a fight being easy

The game is all about beating ganon, why don't you care about beating ganon being boring and unfun?
>>
>>383589806
I can respect a man who just admits to trolling and shitposting. Well done.
>>
>>383588654
"BotW is one of the best games I have ever played"
>>
>>383589830
They did. All of the triggers for other movare just as forgiving. They meant for it to be this easy
>>
>>383589297
You got baited hard dude.

You are right, but still. Bait was obivious.
>>
>>383589884
>game is all about beating Ganon
No it's not. It's your given goal, but you can just not do it
>>
>>383589659
>I don't know what about this game whips people up into a frenzy.

retards hyping up a pretty formulaic game as 10/10 GOAT OF ALL TIME OPEN WORLD GAMES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME and getting backed up by literally every press outlet having similar opinions as one another created a persecution complex in detractors.
>>
>>383589884
>The game is all about beating ganon
Nope, the game is all about exploring, seeing sights, finding cool shit, and having fun along the way. Finding new ways to fuck with Bokoblins is a blast, the variety in combat is insane.
>>
>>383589884
Because that's the first dungeon's boss. Imagine if you could take a biggoron sword back to gohma in OoT. It's the same thing.
>>
How many of you /thinkthegameisGOTYbutshitpostsaboutittoget(You)s/ here?
>>
>>383589830
Rewarding players for being able to predict enemy attacks is bad, okay. In real life, if a person tries to punch you you would get the upper hand and land a flurry of attacks on him if you were to predict his movements, no?
>>
>>383590050
that would be pretty shit and it's pretty obvious why OOT didn't allow you to do that. It wouldn't be fun.
>>
>>383590087

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll defend the game, other times I like to play devil's advocate.

I just really like talking about Zelda.
>>
>>383586813
>mastersword is not the strongest weapon in the game

12000 damage every 10 minutes isn't exactly weak you fucking faggot
>>
>>383588654
>And he doesn't even cover the lack of a proper soundtrack in a series NOTORIOUS for its iconic music.
Since you are just reposting shit from the other thread:

"
>Every dungeon, town, and unique area, as well as certain enemies, has it's not only it's own theme music, but in most cases several variations on it's music depending on things like time of day, weather, the player being indoors or outdoors, the player's progress in a quest, etc.

>Music lacks variety
"
>>
>>383590149
OOT is even easier than that my man
>>
File: 1499369666912.jpg (2MB, 1000x4212px) Image search: [Google]
1499369666912.jpg
2MB, 1000x4212px
>>383589297
this

i love how /v/'s hateboner for this game has gone beyond trying to piss of the nintenbros (who don't even fucking browse /v/) to just circlejerk venting because they don't enjoy good games
>>
>>383590087
>>383590152
Cancer. Fucks like you fucking killed discussion of almost every game on /v/
>>
>>383590164
Just because there are lots of variants doesn't mean that it doesn't lack variety.

You can have large quanitites of similar bland shit, which is the problem with BOTW's music.
>>
>>383588851

>he didn't do the master trials

lmao casual babby detected
>>
I never upgraded my armour or went above 3 hearts for this exact reason. They should've scaled blight difficulty with how many other blights you've defeated tbqh.
>>383589830
It has a wide window because BotW is meant for a wider audience than something like Dark Souls, which itself has a fairly large parry window.
>>
>>383590264
>bland
As opposed to generic orchestra music
#20000?
>>
>>383588654

>joseph "it's not bloodborne" anderson

lmao how queer of an anti zelda post to have a literal sony negro as "facts"
>>
>>383586181
said the butthurt samefaggot
>>
>>383589408
>No I don't,
Then you agree with me that they overrated the game. It's not that hard.
>I won't say their opinion is wrong and mine is right.
You asked why those people are being aggressive, and I pointed out the obvious answer. You also conveniently ignored everything I wrote before the word "overrated", since you clearly have no idea how to reply about that.

>>383589857
He's right though, you were being clearly being incoherent for the sake of trying to defend the behaviour of the fanbase. Anyway, think what you want, just don't get surprised when some people get annoyed.
>>
>>383590090
>predict
>>
>>383590264
You're just not smart enough to appreciate and enjoy BOTW's soundtrack
>>
>>383590264
Nah, most all of the music is pretty wildly different. But keep trying soon you will have a good shitpost on your hands.
>>
>>383590258
God forbid the opinions of anonymous online posters arn't black and white
>>
>>383590293
>They should've scaled blight difficulty with how many other blights you've defeated tbqh
That's exactly what they did.
>>
>>383590149
you don't even need Biggoron's sword to make other Zelda this easy.
And difficulty and battle isn't the point of a Zelda game anyway. Just like everybody has been saying since day one, this isn't supposed to be dark souls. If you go into it expecting something else than what it's supposed to deliver, yeah of course it will be terrible.

Although farming would make almost any game like that ridiculously easy, to begin with, anyway.
>>
>>383590338
>ZELDA ALWAYS HAD BAD MUSIC

why do BOTW advocates seem to hate the non-open world zeldas so much
>>
File: 1497807569997.png (984KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497807569997.png
984KB, 713x1000px
Man, it's July and people are still making these threads. I'm starting to think they'll never stop.
>>
What's with people's hate boner for this game? It's not a 10/10 obviously, I'd say 9/10.
>>
>>383590456
He didn't say anything about other Zelda games.
>>
>>383590427
>And difficulty and battle isn't the point of a Zelda game anyway.

then why do enemies kill you so fast in BOTW? People always say that the combat is bad on purpose or something but Nintendo made it so that it's pretty easy to die and threw gear upgrades everywhere so you can be better at the combat
>>
>>383590087
I'm not the frost guy you replied to, that's why I zoomed in at that one part I disagreed with. Anyway yeah fanbases get pretty annoying but that should not influence what you think of the game at all. There is no point being so aggressive as it merely makes your point less acceptable to others and diminishes the chances of actually good discussion. It becomes this viscous cycle, where fanboys get riled up and lash out, and the detractors lash even harder back. It's just self defeating and really should not happen
>>
Breath of the Wild is one of those rare games that I wish I could wipe from my memory so that I can experience it all over again fresh.

Can't say that about many other modern AAA games.
>>
>>383590513
i figured he was saying that prior zelda games had "generic orchestra music"
>>
>>383590521
So wait... Now it is too hard for you? What point are you making?
>>
>>383590501
They think the game is overrated. That's it. That's fucking it. It's fucking retarded
>>
>>383590573
you being a retarded nigger isn't a surprise
>>
>>383590552
Nah, you're finally starting to see your delusion and you want to reapply it all over again so you can keep pretending to enjoy it.
>>
>>383590581
?

You just said that combat isn't the point of the game. Most of the game is centered around getting you stronger so you can be better at combat.
>>
>>383590573
zeldas have a nice mix of both atmospheric and orchestral. Breath of he wild skews very obviously towards one end
>>
>>383590697
I would disagree with this. I would argue that everything in the game is to aid exploration. Stronger weapons get rid of obstacles like enemies faster, better armour let's you sneak past them etc. There are very little times in BOTW where you are forced into combat
>>
>>383589843
btfo
>>
>>383590697
1. Not me, baby.
2. >>383590043

Getting stronger is just so you can survive better through the combat sectioms, which break up the main point of thr game: the exploration. The combat has a great deal of variety due to the nature of the game, but complex fighting isn't a focus.
>>
>>383590403
Really? It didn't feel that way. I was a complete shitter at the beginning of the game, dying repeatedly to Waterblight and having to get through by spamming heals. I honed my skills and by the last blight (Thunderblight) I barely got hit.
Guess I just got gud.
>>
>>383590779
If that was true, why wouldnt the game reward you with exploration tools rather than things that help you with fights?

The game doesn't force you into fights, but it doesn't force you into doing anything. It doesn't force you to explore, you can just walk in straight lines from point A to point B. Saying that "you don't have to do combat" is like saying you don't have to use Magnesis or Stasis. Sure, that's technically possible, but it locks you out of most of the content in the game.
>>
>>383589490
>>383589843
Time to eat your shoe fagit
>>
>>383590946
You definitely got good, because thunderblight is the hardest of the blights
>>
>>383590946
The damage they do to you isn't changed much, if at all. It's mainly just their health.
>>
>a zelda game is simple
enjoying your first year playing games op ?
how was kindergarten today?
>>
>>383590964
My point is that weapons are a tool for exploration, as they help you clear a path. And yeah, you are not forced to do anything in the game, but the least of all (imo) is combat. They give you way too many options to skip it. Even shrines get more focus and utility
>>
See? An actual discussion when you a fags stop getting mad at each other.
>>
>>383590220
I unironically think every one of those about OoT ever since it was originally released on the N64.
I'm more annoyed by the fact that only BoTW receives these complaints but not OoT.
>>
I like the fact that enemies can hurt one another. It reminds me of Wind Waker where I played through most of the game being a trickster hero tricking enemies into friendly fire instead of fighting them directly. The first time I killed a moblin I had no good weapons but I used an octorok to do the damage instead. Good shit.
I think that the basic melee combat in the game is OK at best. I wish that they would take the sword skills from TP and expand upon them with different buttons inputs and combos and so forth. That said, the archery in this game is some of the best. Drawing the bow feels good; the different bows actually provide different feelings; the slow down is amazing. I've gotten into the habit of making small jumps so I can use the slowdown since you can do it at any point in the air.
I also like the mounted combat a lot. The stallhorse room was one of my favourites in the trial of the sword for this reason.
>>383590995
Huh, thanks. That makes me feel better. At the beginning of the game I thought I would never do flurry rushes since I'm usually pisspoor at those sorts of things in games but after getting one by accident I started practising and doing it more, and by thunderblight I was even able to parry some of its attacks instead of just dodging. Curbstomping calamity ganon felt incredibly good. By the way what does the glowing armour in the second phase do? I couldn't figure it out.
>>383591010
I see.
>>
How is Ocarina of Time for Wii U?
>>
>>383588654
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4
Why does this guy claim that the game isn't enough like "Zelda". Going on a gigantic rant about shrines even though they're infinitely more interesting than the holes and caves of previous Zelda games as well as more rewarding to boot.

Shits on the puzzles of the game, the shrines, divine beasts, and overworld included, even going as far as claiming that they're the most disappointing puzzles in any Zelda game to date to him. While most puzzles in most of the previous 3D Zelda games are nothing but pushing blocks in a specific order and or shooting buttons with your bow in a specific order. Assuming you need to do it in an order at all. Face it, most of the challenge and most of the time spent in Zelda dungeons. Come from combat and navigating and orienting within the dungeon itself. The puzzles more serve the purpose as a way to switch up the pacing in an attempt to keep the flow of the dungeons a bit fresher throughout unlike if they were nothing but combat.

And speaking of combat. He goes on a gigantic rant about combat too. And is the combat of Breath of the Wild perfect or absolutely mind blowing or anything like that? No. Of course not. But neither was the combat of previous Zelda games. And neither was the combat of previous Zelda games difficult. And difficulty disregarded, Breath of the Wild's combat is still surprisingly deep. But deep doesn't mean difficult, nor does it necessarily even mean good though it easily can be and by many most likely will. The various approaches and applications of combat in Breath of the Wild still triumphs tall over that of previous Zelda games and that'd be pretty damn hard to refute no matter how many flaws in the combat you point out.

And don't even get me started on how he criticizes the NPCs and the story. It makes me question how much he even understood, let alone what makes him think the previous games are radically different. It's mind boggling.
>>
>>383591676
Archery in this game as a whole so unnoticed. I do agree combat could use some fleshing out, right now it feels like flurry and parry are way too overpowered

And glowing armour in the second phase? I didn't even notice
>>
>>383591676
>sword skills from TP
I was wishing for this stuff too.
I didn't mind BOTW combat too much, but I think having to run after a knocked back enemy every 4 hits made it a chore. If there was a way I could go ham on an enemy without them going flying during my combo, I'd be much more satisfied.
Bow combat was perfect, I wouldn't change that.
>>
>>383591265

Oot is constantly being shat on, it's literally the newest trend since Brentalfloss and Egoraptor openly criticised it
>>
>>383588106
Not the same because
a) Deku Tree was the tutorial
b)he's using glitches and advanced techniques that most players won't know about and were removed from later versions of the game, the flurry rush is a basic attack.

For those who don't know, the release version of OoT had a glitch were the crouch stab, the fastest attack in the game, would have the same attack power as the last attack performed. So, if you were to do a jumping attack, the slowest and most powerful of the basic sword moves, followed by a flurry of crouch stabs, every single crouch stab would have the power of a jumping attack.
>>
>>383585868
I have 100 out of 120 shrines done and the only bad ones are the combat ones and the maze ones (of which there's MAYBE 3-4).

Shrines are fun. Keep getting angry and posting speedrunning strats.
>>
I get people complaining about combat on this game, but then i play Ocarina of time and Majoras mask. And holy shit, those games might as well not have combat and be a puzzle game, because it is way too fucking easy. Only thing requiring a modicum of attention were the bosses
>>
>>383591979
You could choose to abstain from the fourth hit and chain a non-critical hit instead to not send them flying.
>>
>>383586813
im pretty sure the mastersword isnt the strongest in a few games. OoT the big goron sword was stronger, and MM the great fairy sword. those are the only two i can think of but im pretty sure other games had similar stuff.
>>
>>383590161

>>383590161

Master Sword at max doesn't even deal out the most damage. It's more optimal because of this game's shitty ass durability system. The fucking Master Sword Replicas are better than the master sword, but only downside is they break faster and don't do extra guardian damage. But overall, they're much MUCH better universal tools.
>>
>>383591902
Most players are too afraid to even try flurry rushing or parrying. I think it's fine for them to be overpowered since the game isn't meant to be 'super hardcore'. I think that for master mode they should have made the windows significantly shorter and locked you into an animation when you ate. The health regen and whatnot is breddy gud but the instant healing is really the main issue with the game's difficulty.
Yeah, in the second phase of the calamity ganon bossfight, he roars and starts to glow an orangey-gold, but I couldn't figure out what that did. Does it just show that he's stronker now?
>>383591979
I love the basic combat from TP for this reason. The helm splitter and the backslice or whatever they were called are fantastic. It's a small thing, but I also adored being able to do the spinny sword flourish whenever you defeated an enemy. I would sheathe by sword at the end of every enemy I fought for that exact reason even if there were still other enemies around.
As for the combos, just don't make the fourth hit. Do 3 (pause) 3 (pause) 3 (pause) etc. Even silver enemies have to wind up an attack, so you can keep them stunlocked forever.
>>
>>383592537
I remember fighting the darknuts from TP, they were fucking great. I really hope the 2nd BOTW DLC adds darknuts or some other tough enemies to compliment lynels.
>>
>>383591831
This whole idea of the game not being enough Zelda for a Zelda is really pretty infuriating in general.

Really. I've already seen Zelda undergone several transformations in my life. So it really makes me wonder why people all of a sudden have a hard time recognizing Breath of the Wild as a Zelda game.
A Link to the Past was a pretty huge change from the first one. The second one even more so of course even if we were to recognize that one as something of an outlier. Then Ocarina of Time flipped everything on its head by adding 3D, but it's like people give it a free pass or something and accept all changes simply for the novelty of moving to 3D alone or something just like with Metroid Prime or whatever. But no matter, Majora's Mask once again plays very differently from Ocarina of Time.
And in the middle of this we have the handheld games running parallel to these console games, all in the vein of A Link to the Past. So what games are the "real" Zelda games? 2D? 3D? All of them?
But even from there on we move onto games like Skyward Sword and whatever, that is distinctly different from Ocarina of Time. Which is often keenly recognized by how much shit that game regularly gets. Of course, people will still bring up that the game still follows the general formula of Ocarina of Time. Does that mean that's enough to make it a "Zelda game" even in spite of all the other differences? Then what about Majora's Mask again, which does indeed control like Ocarina of Time (unlike Skyward Sword) but doesn't follow Ocarina of Time's formula at all?

I really have no idea why it's all of a sudden so hard to recognize a new Zelda game as a Zelda. If people were to apply the same strict standards to the other games in the franchise, then half the games in the franchise wouldn't even be recognized as Zelda games. Even without counting any of the obvious spin-offs.
But for some reason. Breath of the Wild isn't enough like Zelda apparently. As if.
>>
File: tp wink.png (222KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tp wink.png
222KB, 500x500px
>>383592710
The room with three/four darknuts in the cave of ordeals is the shit my man.
>>
It's impossible to defend the dungeons and bosses in this game. Anyone who does so is a fucking brainwashed idiot. They are THE WORST in the entire series, including handheld games. Even fucking Ganon is a fight where you just run around in circles on a horse and shoot arrows at him. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>383590220
Imagine how salty one would have to be to take the time to make such a poorly edited macro to prove a point.

BotW is an inferior Skyrim, which is a lukewarm RPG at best. The one thing BotW has is its cast of Nintendo IPs, but Link as a concept is so tired and worn out. The game is a 5 if you're being objective and a 7 if you have a boner for the Zelda IP.
>>
>>383592829
I think spamming spin attack helped me cheese though ones.
>>
>>383593010
Really? I never spammed spin attacks since I'd just get bounced off their armour and then rekt. I find it best to circle around and use the backslice whenever they attacked.
>>
>>383585809
>4 star knight armor
>Wooooow how was I supposed to know that you take less damage when you upgrade highest defense gear to the max?
>>
>>383590220
It's mostly Sony ponies that are STILL assblasted about horizon: zero sales.
Most all Nintendo threads are full of them, Sony fans talk more about Nintendo than anything else.
>>
>>383586813
Agreed. I still found it to be more fun than SS.
>>
File: 1497876810807m.jpg (113KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
1497876810807m.jpg
113KB, 1024x705px
>>383593780
>horizon: zero sales.
Didn't that game sell more than BotW?
>>
>>383593896
>breath of the wild
Global Total as of 03rd Jun 2017 (units): 3.00m
>Horizon zero dawn
Global Total as of 03rd Jun 2017 (units): 2.97m

Well known rehashed series vs original new IP on a single console

Seems like it did fine
>>
>>383593780
>assblasted
>horizon: zero sales.
You have to be 18+ to post here, kid.
>>
File: well what is it.gif (3MB, 294x322px) Image search: [Google]
well what is it.gif
3MB, 294x322px
>>383593896
>having such shitty reading comprehension skills
it's multiplat, you pleb.
>>
>>383594096
Your numbers are wrong though. It's shown in the image I posted that HZD sold 3.4+ million as of April 2017.
>>
>>383594282
But HZD is exclusive.
>>
>>383594359
i got my numbers from vgcharts, which isn't known for its stunning accuracy
>>
If flurry rush was removed the combat in this game is legitimately good

I still enjoy the combat though, but I hate how you can cheese everything with minimal effort thanks to the broken dodge.

Also the BOTW shitposters are pathetic. Like any other game it has flaws, and most of the flaws you post aren't even real flaws like >>383585809. It's a great game.
>>
>>383591676
>>383591979
Am I the only one who was ridiculously disappointed by the combat in Twilight Princess?
I knew nothing of the game going in so I had no real expectations. But the game as I got the abilities, expectations of what said abilities would lead up to naturally grew.

And here lies the real problem with the combat of Twilight Princess. Because the answer is nothing really. It's not even really an issue with difficulty or anything like that. It's just that the abilities are never ever needed.
I guess the issue is that they're all optional so they never wanted to make the abilities a requirement or something strongly advised to get in order to be able to proceed smoothly.

I no joke found the combat of Skyward Sword to be more satisfying. And that's in spite of the mind numbingly boring simon says enemies, which sadly amounts to about half if not more of the enemies in the game. But each combat upgrade in Skyward Sword was significant. And by the end of it you've got a whole arsenal of moves you can implement in order to side step or get around the mind numbingly boring simon says combat and it actually feels pretty rewarding to do so.

But in Twilight Princess? Most of the time combat is neither easier nor even faster with the use of the abilities gained. They're super stylish and cool to witness, but because of the above they end up feeling ridiculously superfluous.
I actually prefer plain old Ocarina of Time's combat of Twilight Princess's. In spite of all the waiting and circling and whatnot in Ocarina of Time at the very least the combat had a pretty neat sense of timing to its pacing making it relatively intense. I can't say as much for Twilight Princess. It really feels like more style over substance and a step down from what came before. I might almost argue that it has the most hollow combat in the entire franchise, but that might be taking it a bit too far. Midna remains absolutely lovely though.
>>
>>383593896
No it didn't. Only during the first month. And that mainly had to do with hardware shortages of the Switch itself being able to keep up with the demand.
The game had a ridiculous over 100% attach rate for the Switch. It did not take long Breath of the Wild to outsell Horizon. It happened the moment Nintendo shipped more Switches.

But for some reason people keep posting these images and outdated sales statistics as if they're relevant or were ever really relevant at all. Honestly, this whole Horizon (The Zelda killer!) versus Zelda, has been something of the most forced comparison between games I have seen in ages.
>>
>>383591831
>>383592714
Funny how OP asks for people to address his points and then when people actually do he is nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>383588750
>You can't kill difficult enemies like Lynels if you don't have the right gear

false

all you need is a generic bow and a couple of arrows and then you can mount it forever and kill it with deku sticks if you want, it will just take longer
>>
>>383594990
>horizon well over 3.4million in june
>botw lower than that at the end of may, and no reporting for june

yeah whatever you say delusioncuck
>>
>>383594990
Over 100% attach rate on Switch isn't impressive when less than 2 million Switches are sold.
>>
>>383585921
>>383585868
>>383585724

What did you expect? The game difficulty is made for kids who can't deal with frustration. Why do you think Zelda became so popular? The game is so easy that captivates all trash players into the illusion they're good at it.
>>
>>383595287
>>botw lower than that at the end of may
Going by what sales data? If you say vgcharts I will laugh.

>>383595343
>less than 2 million Switches are sold
But that's not the case any more. And hasn't been since April.
>>
>>383594540
I also agree that the sword skills should have been required rather than optional, but I disagree about the combat not being easier or faster. There are plenty of enemies such as the helmasaurs and armoured dinalfos that are introduced right after you get the appropriate means of dispatching them. I agree that they didn't take it far enough, but I really appreciate having a toolkit that made combat much more fun. I had hoped that future games in the franchise would take TP's moveset and expand upon it but it looks like we'll never get that, R.I.P. It's like OoT combat but expanded, and I preferred the enemy selection in TP to that in OoT.
I liked the SS combat. I didn't find the simon says stuff that boring. I wish that enemies circled around you instead of walking forward in a straight line but I liked being able to use various items. Drawing the bow in SS is amazing. I wish the bow itself was as good to use but I love being able to physically notch the bow.
That said I can understand where you're coming from and thanks for sharing your point of view. I always enjoy hearing what others have to say about the things I like and you've offered a well-explained critique of something typically taken for granted.
>>
>>383595458
And the attach rate is no longer over 100% congratulations.
>>
>>383595840
Correct. But you don't need a 100% attach rate to sell over 3.5M copies.
>>
>>383592018
When did Bald Brent criticise it?
>>
>>383595910
But game sales are front loaded, and by that logic HZD has also been selling since April.

All we know is that in March and April, HZD outsold it.
>>
>>383585724
>dungeons are shit
>bosses are shit
>only 10% of shrines are good
still i love the physics
but game is 7 at best
>>
>>383595287
Last report we had on BotW was 3.84 in fucking April
>>
>>383589884

fucking faggot you can obliterate giglamesh if you farm monsters for days and get to max level what is your fucking point holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>383596083
No we didn't. Official stats from Nintendo are 3.8 in April

HZD only hit 3.4 in July
>>
>>383593896
This is embarrasing, considering the fact Horizon is new IP and everyone and their granpa knows Zelda.
>>
>>383596083
>All we know is that in March and April, HZD outsold it.
Yeah. And it doesn't really mean much. And it only took Zelda one month to outsell it. Even if they've both kept selling it's highly unlikely that Horizon caught up again.
>>
>>383585724
fought this yesterday

please tell me the other beasts bossfight will be better
>>
>>383585809
What am I supposed to see here?
>>
>>383596251
It's literally impossible. Horizon couldn't outsell Zelda's numbers back in April even with two months of extra time. It's nearly half a million behind now compared to Zelda two months ago
>>
I really enjoyed the game, but after the second dungeon I got bored and dropped it.

I should pick it up again.
>>
>>383596230
It's embarrassing that you didn't do any of your own research
>>
>>383596195
HZD hit 3.4 in April, see >>383593896
>>
>>383596393
You should have headed west the first thing you did when jumping off the plateau.
>>
File: do.jpg (6KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
do.jpg
6KB, 220x229px
>>383586813
the 4 items part disappointed me so much

i thought after plateau we would get another cool segment that introduce new ways to interact with the world.

50 hours later and nope we have 11 weapons that break in 7 hits now
>>
>>383596773
>50 hours later
>11 weapons that break in 7 hits now
You're 50 hours in. Stop picking up twigs and weapons made out of wood.
That or stop intentionally shitposting or using hyperbole for bait.
>>
So why do people keep comparing Horizon and Zelda again?
>>
>>383596310
They don't. They're all roughly the same. Only Bloodborne Ganon is good, the final Beast Ganon is literally a giant damage sponge that occasionally turns around and shoots a beam, but doesn't even try to hit you. Idk if I could even count it as a boss as its easy to beat without taking ANY damage. But 10/10 GotY right?

>>383596431
Why are you so obviously butthurt?
>>
>>383597114
Stating facts is butthurt now? What
>>
>>383595145
He only wanted to shitpost. And only made the thread to shitpost. It's why he even made the thread to begin with. After the previous thread trying to shit on Zelda with Nier didn't work out as well as he had hoped.
>>
>>383585724
Great, the daily /v/ cries about BoTW thread is here.
>>
>>383596310
Thunderblight is cool.
>>
File: 1499641448347.png (1MB, 847x714px) Image search: [Google]
1499641448347.png
1MB, 847x714px
>>383596907
sorry i talk badly about botw sir
>>
>>383592897

>Imagine how salty one would have to be to take the time to make such a poorly edited macro to prove a point.

I wouldn't know since I obviously didn't fucking make it. It's been circulating on /v/ since you retards began flooding the board.

The rest of your reply is literally pointless "zeld a= bad" nonsense with no point so come back when you have any kind of point to prove
>>
>>383597256
You're lashing out at some random dude making an observation with obvious antagonism.

He wasn't even replying to you, he was replying to me, yet you still felt the need to go out of your way to correct him. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>383597421
Spouting nonsense is not simply talking bad about something.
>>
>>383597476
Hey I just like to add self righteous and like I know shit

Let me be asshole
>>
>>383585921
Why do you care so much about what people think is 10/10 faggot?
>>
>>383597653
So you're a fanboy with too much emotional attachment to a fucking company and brand, ok.
>>
>>383587784
I haven't met a single person irl who liked the game, most of which prefer Nintendo above all else. Game review companies shilling and vocal fanboys =/= majority
>>
>>383585724
Master Sword is mid to late-game gear.
Bosses are weak to it and take damage comparable to late-game gear against it, with the additional bonus that it's the most durable weapon in the game when used in that fashion.
>>
>>383588003
>til I opened the game to post this screen shot
>faggots.jpg (72 KB, 960x540)
>72 KB, 960x540
Right. And I guess you shit edited your screenshot before posting just because too, right? It's not like you just snagged the image off of some site, right?
>>
>>383598486
>anecdotal evidence with 0 proof or documentation
I believe you anon, and I also believe you and your friends are the majority
>>
>>383598486
Same. My sister is a huge Zelda dork and she dropped it before leaving the plateau, saying it's the worst Zelda she's played.
>>
>>383596310
Fireblight and Thunderblight are better
Windblight is about the same
>>
>>383598486
Wait so your friends are the majority now? Well my friends all loved it, and they hate Nintendo. Guess I win again
>>
>>383598705
Same. My dad is also a huge Zelda fanboy and he ate the cartridge after playing the game for 10 mins saying it was shit
>>
>>383585724
To be fair, he's using the Master Sword. When I first fought Waterblight Ganon I hadn't found it, nor did I knew what to expect.
>>
>>383598858
My dog chewed up my switch after playing the game for a second because it was so shit
>>
>>383596349
That armor provides defence.
>>
>>383598858
Ditto, my wife's son called for jihad against Nintendo for the game's haram levels of shittiness after only touching the controller.
>>
>>383598858
>>383598973
>>383599331
Imagine being this butthurt cause people don't like Zelda.
>>
>>383599603
Yeah! For example my mum, a totally huge Zelda fanboy, burnt the game for being so shit. You totally should believe me anon!
>>
>>383599764
I bet you've been here all thread, defending the game. So sad.
>>
>>383599883
>projecting this hard
>>
>>383596773
>in 7 hits
Why do you lie?
>>
>>383587140
>and the retards won't bother to watch it cause it's 2 hours long
I would imagine. That a lot of people don't feel like watching it, because it spoils a good chunk of the entire game.
>>
>>383585724
Waterblight is the easiest boss. And that's some late game equipment.
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.