[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Are bosses too video gamey? Do they have a place in modern gaming?

I'm of the opinion that they do have a place as they are more often than not really fun to fight, but not everyone seems to agree. Some people seem to think that bosses are a thing of the past, so I want to start a debate about them.
>>
Your opinion is absolutely abysmal so I'll just say that I want Bowser to fuck me.
>>
>>383573161
this, i want to feel his warm breath while with his big hand he grabs me from the hips and starts fuck me in the cowboy position unlti he cums his hot thick seed inside me.
>>
File: ArgentianBanAvoider.jpg (189KB, 900x1048px) Image search: [Google]
ArgentianBanAvoider.jpg
189KB, 900x1048px
>>383572993
>A feature in video games too "video gamey"
Why do you even play games anon
>>
>>383572993
>Some people seem to think that bosses are a thing of the past
Who cares? They can go watch a fucking movie if they want.
>>
>>383572993

This >>383574054 you idiot.
But I do get your point. I'm into fightans so I don't like cheap bosses very much.
I love when the boss is just a regular character with insanely hard CPU.
>>
>>383573161
>>383574054
>>383574210

I said I do believe that bosses are a big part of gaming. I also said that OTHER people however do not necessarily share that view and I want to discuss that.
>>
I have never found bosses fun. I can't think of a single that I enjoyed fighting. One of the main reasons Kazooie is superior to Tooie is lack of bosses on every level. Although you do have to fight Grunty, the quiz show was something unique and very fun to do.

>>383574054
>too "video gamey"
I think he used the wrong term. It's played out. It's hackneyed.
>Watch for bosses attack pattern
>Dodge the attacks
>Does the boss have a move that I have to use against him?
>Wait for him to use specific move, throw back his ammunition against him
>Attack him in this weakened state
>Repeat
>Each cycle gets faster

It's formulaic and tedious. Sure, every boss fight doesn't go that way, but the bosses never feel actually powerful, they're more like a giant prop. I prefer overworld exploration, collecting, small-scale puzzle solving, side quests, finding secrets (unfortunately very few modern games include these).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.