[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1436750935591.jpg (140KB, 1139x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1436750935591.jpg
140KB, 1139x1600px
Just dreamt this up. Any game devs, feel free to use this.

>Your parents just died in a car crash, and you move to your aunt's/uncle's in the humble village of Grief.
>Basically a single road bordered by houses and shops.
>Everyone's pleasant and sympathetic, if a little weird. No-one wants to hurt you, nobody is evil.
>You can explore, and most doors and unlocked since it's such an open community. You can talk to people, ask for jobs etc - with the overall goal of earning enough for an apartment in the big city.
>BUT - the town has a curse. Grief manifests physically in its residents, in a variety of ways. When family members die, people generally lock themselves indoors, food delivers to their window, until the grief passes.
>The village has an overall 'Grief Meter' determined by true travesties. As it rises, your everyday tasks get harder due to the changing environment. Cars speed down the central road, ignoring lights, so even crossing takes tight timing. As your jobs often put you in charge of people's precious things - walking dogs, caring for the elderly, etc - you can become implicit in people's grief. It can quickly spiral out of control, like a big domino effect.
>Each game randomly generates grief events for the whole town - from something as petty as a favourite team losing up to a village elder dying; things that affect everyone.
>Of course, if you directly cause someone's grief, expect to be hunted. If Mr Johnson's cat dies while you're meant to be feeding it - the cat gifted to him by his dying wife - he undergoes a Thing-like transformation and tries to kill you. Of course, if HE loses it, the village 'cleaning team' moves in the next day to incinerate his house. Up goes the Grief Meter.
>Gameplay revolves around walking a careful line, keeping people happy, etc.

I dunno if these are a good concept, but thanks for reading. I just had to get it out of my mind. What other features could make this thing great?
>>
seems a bit complicated
>>
>>383572808
Yeah, for a 3D game. A top-down RPG-type thing might make it simpler.
>>
Great videogame idea, pal. Try pitching it somewhere else though. Some indie-game community or something. You know, people that could star working on the idea right away without big money being an issue. Really great concept.
>>
>>383572672

I had an idea once that pontificated on how a horror-based Animal Crossing game would work.

This sounds pretty clever.
>>
Someone else said it's complicated, however, in today's market there's room for complicated games to be appreciated. It's a good idea Op
>>
Good idea OP, very nice. I'd work on it but I've already got two projects when having more than one is already super retarded. If nothing comes of it when I'm done with this shit, 2022 at the latest, I'll work on it I guess. Same name and everything.
>>
I'll get onto a game dev forum with it. If someone makes this, I'd want to write for it lol.

Link soon.
>>
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61712.0

Here it is, if anyone at all is interested. I don't expect this to go anywhere, but who knows?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.