[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so WRONG with Final Fantasy XV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: DEMBtSqV0AA-6f9.jpg (673KB, 2048x1820px) Image search: [Google]
DEMBtSqV0AA-6f9.jpg
673KB, 2048x1820px
What went wrong?
>>
>>383570426
It wasn't fun
>>
>>383570426
open world meme
>>
Too many cooks, not enough time.
>>
File: NyxXV.jpg (85KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
NyxXV.jpg
85KB, 1200x675px
Will you be playing Nyx's game, /v/?
>>
File: NyxXV2.jpg (83KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NyxXV2.jpg
83KB, 675x1200px
>>383570630
>>
>>383570861
>>383570630
Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement or something because of Kingsglaive's anniversary?
>>
I've played about 9 hours on a friends console and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, is there a drop in quality after that? Does it start feeling samey? Do I just have shit taste?
>>
They took 10 years to release it, probably had no uniform idea of what the game was even going to be until 2014, Based it around homoerotic twinks.. What else? Series died when 13 came out this is fact. If you disagree I dont give a shit I wont read it.
>>
>>383571101
The drop off pretty much comes once you get on the train which is later in the game.
>>
>>383571101
The first couple hours are the best. Then you realize there's only one continent + a jumbled mess that never amounts to anything. Also the ending sucks and makes no sense for Noctis' character, don't believe the shills.
>>
Normalfag here who did play and appreciate ff8 and ff10. From the trailers alone I thought I really don't want to play as these bitch boys who fuck around all day driving a convertable car like some japanese gothic pop group. What kind of character designer just dresses everyone in black? Shit was gay as fuck
>>
>>383570426
Literally everyting. There was no real incentive to explore the world. The world, while pretty, didn't have much diversity in enemies. The combat was so mind-numbingly bad that you could beat optional bosses that were 90 levels higher than you. The music wasn't bad, but the memorable tracks mostly reminded me music from other games. Side quests were all pretty yawn-inducing.
>>
>>383571101
If you got to the city that feels Mediterranean, you have unlocked 95 percent of the game that isn't on rails.
>>
>>383571170
The drop happens once you board the ship; arguably earlier depending on much time you tried to find fun shit to do in the main continent.
>>
>>383571393
>Insecure nincompoop
>>
>>383570426
If the Kingsglaive Movie was a playable part of the game and if the Anime OVAs that were released along with the game were a part of the in-game story/gameplay and if all DLCs that have been released until now / will be released in the future were a part of the game from the start and if the 2nd Area after you leave the mainland was 10 times as big and took 10 times longer in terms of playtime and if the everything past that (once you board the train) would be an actual open world in wich the train would just happen to be one of many methods of transport and if all the cities there (The one were Lunafreya lives, for example) were fully exploreable and if the main story was at LEAST twice as long and if the main and (important) background characters were MASSIVELY flashed out more - then the game would at least be "barely average".

But the way it is - the game is crap and I want my money and time back!
>>
>>383570630
Should have been the protagonist of XV desu senpai.
>>
>>383570915
I heard its being shown at Gamescom.
>>
A passable story told horribly with pacing all over the place

Open world

The gamescom trailer made it look fucking awesome with the cover system and avoiding bullets

Good looking combat, bad gameplay.

Boring typecast characters

The cooking was an interesting mechanic, and the chocobos were pretty high tier. Fishing was aight, but nothing made me give a shit about the world
>>
>>383570426
It was the 15th fucking game
>>
>>383571616
I thought that was the other annoucement.
>>
>>383571636
To be fair, that's because the only time any of the cast seemed to give a shit about the world for more than 2 minutes was when the blonde chick died, and that was only 1 character who gave a shit. Even then, you never really got the opportunity to interact with or get to know her, so why would the player give a shit?
>>
>>383571665
I'm not sure what happened. I heard there was going to be an announcement for KG's anniversary, then I heard the opposite.
>>
>>383571937
I remember Tabata saying that there was gonna be a Gamescom announcement. And then I thought there was gonna be ANOTHER announcement for Kingsglaive's anniversary this week.
>>
>>383572025
>>383571937
Not like it matters. The game sucks, after all.
>>
>>383572092
Eh, I liked it for the most part though I recognize it's flaws. So I'm still interested in updates.
>>
>>383570601
>15 years
>not enough time
>>
>>383570426
Square went over to Playstation because they wanted EPIC TOP TIER CGI MOVIES in their Final Fantasy. The series has been stuck in that mindset ever since.
>>
>game was announced 10 years ago
>the last few years of its development, the original director was dropped and pretty much everything about the game was reworked

Basically they promised one thing and they gave everyone something totally different and a lot more shit at the last minute.

FF is dead.
>>
>>383572854
I still love their poll. It was pretty much, "Which part of this unfinished garbage do you want us to fix first?"
>>
>>383570426
Basically a early access game. I'd wait even trying it until they do a "complete" esition with all story DLCs.
>>
>>383570426
Homo game, who the fuck wants to play a gay game unless they are homosexual?
>>
>>383573069
Still not that gay than waifushit like Persona and other this kind of game
>>
>>383571636
>Good looking combat, bad gameplay.

I'm still baffled by this. This is the first game where the combat LOOKS like it felt amazing, but it actually feels horrendous.
>>
>>383572702
Barely three years of actual full production because the engine was not ready.
>>
>>383572702
>15 years

More like 1 year in concept and early production, then 7 years in the backburn with a skeleton crew, and then 3 years of actual production.
>>
>>383570426
Tried to make both an action combat game and an open world game, with a director who has no decent experience in either. Seriously that man should be kept away from the combat system. Saddening to think that the sales indicate he is a good director to the company when this game sold purely off of marketing and preconceived notions that Tabata would be sticking even loosely to Nomura's vision of the game.
>>
File: judging hat.jpg (29KB, 567x416px) Image search: [Google]
judging hat.jpg
29KB, 567x416px
>>383573569
>tfw you can just cheese the entirety of the game by holding dodge, and counter attacking when the screen prompts you to.
>>
>>383570426
The last time I played this game was months ago, and it was the start when they hand me a thousand things to keep track of.

Now I may have only played IX, but I don't remember that game being so overwhelming with features in the beginning.
>>
>>383573978
>A chore list is "overwhelming with features."
If someone made a game about shopping for groceries in a grocery store, and handed you a 300-item grocery list when the game started, would that game be "overflowing with features?"
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.