[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1498260036863.gif (425KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498260036863.gif
425KB, 500x500px
I picked this game up a few days ago out of pure curiosity, even though I'm absolutely miserable when it comes to fighting games.
It has been quite fun from what I've played so far, but naturally it has been a frustrating experience as well.

I still feel like a very poor player, sometimes I don't even know what I'm doing wrong.
By the way, pic related is the character I find myself using the most.

is there any advice you could provide me for this game, /v/?
>>
File: Gondola.png (25KB, 520x721px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola.png
25KB, 520x721px
git gud
>>
>>383566702
Keep your arms charged, never stop moving, and your right stick changes targets when fighting multiple enemies.
>>
Learn the fundamentals of the gameplay.

Try not to spam grab as you'll leave yourself open to many attacks.

One beginner strategy would be to swing an arm to try and bait the opponent to go into the opposite direction of the first swing and get em' with the second one.

If you're using dragons, make sure you have good range between you and your opponent since it's a beam-based arm.

If you notice your opponent is spamming grab, if you have the heavy arm, see if you can punch it out to cancel it or dodge and then turn that into your own chance to grab.

For Minmin, learn on how to time your kick counters and then counter-swing with a glove.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things but practice makes perfect is the obvious advice.

Tried introducing the game to my bro-in-law but he rage quite after a few rounds of not getting the fundamentals, and he's an above-average SF2 player.
>>
>>383567187
Also, learn how to take advantage of certain stages (hiding behind pillars in stages like Scrapyard and Test Labs, getting the higher ground in Ninja School, throwing your opponent onto springs in Spring Man's stage to setup rush attack while they're bouncing off of it).

Also, you can cancel out of a thrown punch with your rush attack as well.
>>
>>383566702
Generally universal fighting game advice: you gotta learn how to "read" and prevent yourself from getting tunnel vision. Learn to broaden your focus from what YOU'RE doing and on what the opponent's doing instead- not on trying to go in and rush them down, but looking for the /opportunity/ to do it, if that makes sense. Min Min a best, but it's up to you who you "click" with the most, so try out the other characters when you get the chance (talking as a Smash player, but again, this applies to any fighting game semi-regardless of mechanics).

Finally, you just gotta make sure it doesn't get to your head. If you win, be proud of it, and if you lose, think it over.

Basically this is a kinda wordy >git gud, but it's got some truth behind it. If you wanna get good, focus on your opponents as much as yourself, find the character(s) you really "click" with, and be open to learn.

testpunch was tiring on my arms t b h and I couldn't get a hold of the thumb-up grip, so another bit of advice is to try out different control schemes and see what fits
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.