[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Dreamcast.jpg (2MB, 4540x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast.jpg
2MB, 4540x2200px
What went so wrong?
>>
It paid for the crimes of its older brother
>>
File: bootleg.jpg (12KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
bootleg.jpg
12KB, 259x195px
That Gameshark/ProActionReplay/whatever demo disc that was packaged with some European game rag that hackers took and used the boot disc swap option to unlock the option to play different region's games and bootleg games.
>>
SEGA, being xenophobic closed minded japanese fucks, thought the only thing the west cared about was hockey and basketball games.
As much of a dreamcast fan as I am, it wouldn't be worth shit without its NTSC-J exclusives, and you know I'm right.
>>
>>383563326
>lol, it comes out today! Surprise! Sure hope any major retailers knew about this!
>>
>>383565587
Holy shit I haven't seen that moose in a while
>>
>>383566608
That was the Saturn, idiot.
>>
>>383563326
Barely any good games. Now they're all too expensive. Not worth even considering/10
>>
Sony fucked up the gaming industry
>>
>>383563326
Not much desu. The Saturn did too much damage already.
>>
>got rid of mine a few years ago
>they’re slowly going up in value
I’m mad at myself
>>
>>383566971
Isn't it telling that many people can't tell the difference between the Saturn and the Dreamcast?
>>
>>383565587
I remember this shit.
>>
>horrendous marketing
>laughably easy and quick piracy
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 474x474px
>>383567483
>>
File: image.gif (931KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
931KB, 200x200px
>>383563326
>$80M Shenmue project
>niche games
>portcast: many PS1 ports to fill out the void
>absolutely no answer to Sony's DVD player
>shitty controller, shitty keyboard, shitty mouse
>nobody even knew about 480p native resolution because the cables it came with by default is for 240p gaming
>zero effort to stop piracy
>shoddy laser
>failed to utilize Dreamcast-NGPC connectivity like GC-GBA did

Sega killed itself out of the console market. It had TWO YEARS to create a player base so don't give me that "b-but Sony!" Shit. People decided they didn't want this thing. If it was so great, why didn't we support it better?
>>
>>383568126
The Saturn was black, the Dreamcast was white, they both had online.
>>
Half of all Sonic Adventure disks didn't work. So you'd buy a console with its launch title only to find out you were sold a lemon.
>>
>>383569321
Fucking hell
>>
>>383565587
And that's how I got 90% of my Dreamcast games thanks to my uncle. I remember that moose though only a few of the copied games he gave me actually needed it.
>>
>>383563326
Playing NBA2k over a dial up connection was actually kind of fun
>>
Xbox happened and Dreamcast was gangraped by all three consoles.
>>
>>383570726
Isn't that just letting Dreamcast off the hook though? It didn't just come out when they did and got "unjustly" fucked, it had 2 YEARS to make a playerbase and still tanked hard.
>>
>>383570726
The Xbox Hueg is literally the Dreamcast 1.5
>>
>>383571154
This. The Dreamcast was a piece of shit console on its own. The other consoles jsut put the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>383563326
Easy.

Sega.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.